racing in New Zealand

csmallfield

Apr 22, 2003
Hi,
I may be moving to New Zealand soon due to work and I was wondering how the road biking is there. Also I just started racing and I want to continue, what kind of orginizations are there? If any one on this list lives in NZ or had spent time there I would really like your opinion. Thanks.
-Chris

Originally posted by csmallfield
Hi,
I may be moving to New Zealand soon due to work and I was wondering how the road biking is there. Also I just started racing and I want to continue, what kind of orginizations are there? If any one on this list lives in NZ or had spent time there I would really like your opinion. Thanks.
-Chris

Chris,
Just got into the racing scene here in Christchurch this last year.

visit:

www.mountainbike.co.nz/clubs/hacc

for one of the Christchurch raod clubs and they have links to most of the others

and:

www.mountainbike.co.nz/clubs/ctta

for the local time trial association

There is a great road race schedule for next year on the first site.
(2004 Senior program, bottom left hand side of the web page)

Where are you going to work?

www.cyclingnz.com is the main site.

Cheers,
Dave

Originally posted by csmallfield
Hi,
-Chris

There is a good road racing scene in Wellington, see www.capitalcycling.org.nz. Mud Cycles and Johnsonville Cycles are worth checking out for mountain biking in Wellington. Mud is next to the Makara Mtn bike park which is an absolute pleasure.