Racing Information?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Jim James, May 20, 2004.

  1. Jim James

    Jim James Guest

    Where is the best place to locate information regarding
    racing and clubs in the UK? I am relocating from the States
    and will be in the North near Leeds. Thanks for your help.

    _JJ_

    Tags:

  2. >Where is the best place to locate information regarding
    >racing and clubs in the UK? I am relocating from the States
    >and will be in the North near Leeds. Thanks for your help.
    >
    >_JJ_

    British Cycling's (BCF) web site is at
    http://www.bcf.uk.com/

    You can find out about clubs affiliated to them at

    http://www.bcf.uk.com/clubs/2003/clubs_contents.shtml

    If time trialling is your thing - and there's a lot of it
    going on in the UK, go to the web site of Cycling Time
    Trials (CTT) at

    www.ctt.org.uk

    and on the page (to the left) is a link to take you to where
    affiliated clubs can be identified.

    For leisure riding, the CTC (Cyclists' Touring Club) web
    site can be found at www.ctc.org.uk I recommend joining the
    CTC as for one, it promotes the interests of cyclists and
    cycling in the UK and for second, the membership fee is
    highly reasonable (from as little as £11pa (under age 26) -
    others include standard adult £30.50pa ) and comes with
    following included: -

    *campaigning for safer cycling *on & off-road route
    information *local groups and national events *6 issues of
    Cycle magazine (worth £18) *insurance, travel services &
    holiday providers *£5m 3rd party liability insurance & cycling-
    related legal claims advice

    To time trial with a club that is affiliated to Cycling Time
    Trials, you need at least membership of the CTC for the
    necessary insurance cover.

    If you want to take part in events organised by British
    Cycling, you need to take out membership of it, again - for
    insurance cover purposes. Membership of BCF is much more
    expensive then CTC membership. For example, the insurance
    that CTC gives as a membership benefit, only comes to those
    holding silver or gold membership of BCF. Examples of BCF
    membership costs are: -

    Senior Bronze membership is £11.50 Silver membership £32.00
    Gold membership £58 (all valid for 12 months)

    My understanding is that on top of those you also require a
    race licence - Senior 2004 Licence Fee £30.00 (valid until
    31/12/04). I'm sure that if I've got any of this wrong,
    fellow newsgroup members will let me know ;-)

    Hope this helps - enjoy your time over here in the UK.

    Cheers, helen s

    --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get
    correct one remove fame & fortune

    --Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel
    is switched off--

  3. Arthur Clune

    Arthur Clune Guest

    Jim James <[email protected]> wrote:
    : Where is the best place to locate information regarding
    : racing and clubs in the UK? I am relocating from the
    : States and will be in the North near Leeds. Thanks for
    : your help.

    http://www.bcf.uk.com/clubsasp/yorkshire.asp

    Where exactly, and what sort of standard/type of racing
    do you do?

    Arthur

    --
    Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org "Technolibertarians make a