Racing Jerseys

vrbuzard

Aug 1, 2005
is it just me? or does it seem weird to see someone in a tri or other cycling event wearing a "Team" jersey when it's obvious that they are not a member of that team?

I myself wear a Sobe Team jersey (it was a gift) sometimes while training, but when competing I wear a generic jersey

I can understand the guy riding wearing the "Team Discovery" jersey, I wanna be like Lance too, but not while racing

just call me crazy

vrbuzard said:
is it just me? or does it seem weird to see someone in a tri or other cycling event wearing a "Team" jersey when it's obvious that they are not a member of that team?

I myself wear a Sobe Team jersey (it was a gift) sometimes while training, but when competing I wear a generic jersey

I can understand the guy riding wearing the "Team Discovery" jersey, I wanna be like Lance too, but not while racing

just call me crazy
I think that if it is a USCF sponsored race and you follow the strict interpretation of the rules you are not allowed to wear a jersey from a team that you are not on - but I see people do it all of the time in the lower cats amyway. You do have to careful about calling guys on it. There is a HealthNet guy and a couple of JitteryJoes's guys who sometimes show up to local races around here and they really are on those teams (they actually live around here)

Hereabouts wearing a team jersey,that you are not a member of, during a BNS sanctioned race will usually result in the commissars taping out the logo(s) or making you wear it inside out.

It depends on the officials and how well you can "fly under the radar".

The majority of folks who race tho are part of a club and will wear those jerseys. The few that are not usually wear generic gear.

rolfdevinci said:
Hereabouts wearing a team jersey,that you are not a member of, during a BNS sanctioned race will usually result in the commissars taping out the logo(s) or making you wear it inside out.

It depends on the officials and how well you can "fly under the radar".

The majority of folks who race tho are part of a club and will wear those jerseys. The few that are not usually wear generic gear.

that sounds reasonable

Eden said:
I think that if it is a USCF sponsored race and you follow the strict interpretation of the rules you are not allowed to wear a jersey from a team that you are not on - but I see people do it all of the time in the lower cats amyway. You do have to careful about calling guys on it. There is a HealthNet guy and a couple of JitteryJoes's guys who sometimes show up to local races around here and they really are on those teams (they actually live around here)
The rules say that when in a Junior race or in a Category 5 race, you are allowed to wear another team's jersey. In fact, there are rules in the USCF rule book that say that you must wear a clean jersey; it can't be torn or have mud on it:eek: . It also can't have the sleeves cut off of it. I was in a race when it was really hot out and a guy was wearing a sleeveless jersey. The race officials told him that he would have to put on another jersey or not participate in the race. He did, but it took forever to switch the numbers ect. It was the jersey that he had worn the day before and boy did it smell bad. They should have just let him wear the sleeveless one and allow our sense of smell to be spared.:)