Racing northern combine road races (Melb)

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by jazmo, Mar 29, 2004.

  1. jazmo

    jazmo Guest

    As a Blackburn CC member, can I ride the Northern Combine races held by
    Coburg, Preston, etc ?

    Don't see why not, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

  2. jazmo

    jazmo Guest

    Anyone???

    --

  3. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    patch70 wrote:
    > Do you have an Australian Domestic Racing Licence (cost ~$160 per
    > annum)? If yes, go for it. If you just have a club membership only
    > (cost ~$30 pa), you are only really able to ride in races organised by
    > your club.

    what timespan do these licences envelope?

    i joined Hawthorn about 4-5 weeks ago just to get a taste of racing and
    now hooked so if i get a licence now when will it run out?

    --

  4. patch70

    patch70 Guest

    jazmo wrote:
    > Anyone???

    Do you have an Australian Domestic Racing Licence (cost ~$160 pe
    annum)? If yes, go for it. If you just have a club membership onl
    (cost ~$30 pa), you are only really able to ride in races organised b
    your club

    -

  5. Roadie_scum

    Roadie_scum Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > what timespan do these licences envelope?
    > i joined Hawthorn about 4-5 weeks ago just to get a taste of racing and
    > now hooked so if i get a licence now when will it run out?

    The ACF license runs for the calendar year - it will run out on Januar
    1 2005. Think about what kinds of races you want to do - a 'club' AC
    license will let you do any Northern (and other) Combine or club races
    but not 'opens' - VCI organised state and national level events

    -

  6. Hitchy

    Hitchy Guest

    jazmo wrote:
    > As a Blackburn CC member, can I ride the Northern Combine races held by
    > Coburg, Preston, etc ?
    > Don't see why not, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

    Hi jazmo

    No reason you couldn't...the more the merrier. We had the pleasure o
    the company of a couple of your fellow 'mexicans' at the 'tour of th
    sthn grampians' the other week. keep an eye on the either coburgs o
    sunbury's web sites for details of the combine season...kicks off 1/5 a
    balliang...good, hard racing...look forward to seeing you there.
    couple of us are considering your RR at Lang lang on the 17th....migh
    do the 'hell ride' in the AM then choof on down

    cheers

    Hitch

    -

  7. jazmo

    jazmo Guest

    Hitchy wrote:
    > A couple of us are considering your RR at Lang lang on the 17th....might
    > do the 'hell ride' in the AM then choof on down,

    :eek

    I hope you're not planning to ride C grade

    -

  8. Hitchy

    Hitchy Guest

    jazmo wrote:
    > :eek:
    > I hope you're not planning to ride C grade.

    G'day

    whats the standard like?......D Grade is probably all I can cop
    with....my mate will probably ride B or C

    cheers

    Hitch

    -

  9. jazmo

    jazmo Guest

    Hitchy wrote:
    > G'day,
    > whats the standard like?......D Grade is probably all I can cope
    > with....my mate will probably ride B or C,
    > cheers,
    > Hitchy

    I thought you would've been a A or B grader with you wanting to do th
    race after the Hell Ride and all

    I've got no idea what the standard is like. I'm just assuming that if
    ride C grade in the crit season then I'll ride C grade in the roa
    season. I guess I'll just have to wait and see

    -

  10. rickster

    rickster Guest

    jazmo <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hitchy wrote:
    > > A couple of us are considering your RR at Lang lang on the 17th....might
    > > do the 'hell ride' in the AM then choof on down,

    > :eek:
    >
    > I hope you're not planning to ride C grade.

    Uggh, C grade last year was faster than B grade (B grade is 20 km
    longer). C grade was ~ 36 kmh and B 32 kmh. There was some guys in C
    grade who attacked first hill and popped every one.

    So perhaps if they are planning to enter C, skip the hell ride !