Racing this summer?

I am til the end of november,<br /><br /><br /><br />Summer racing on friday nights at Dunc Gray(seniors only)<br /><br />Juniors at Lidcombe oval friday nights<br /><br />cool 8)<br /><br />Jonny

I would have been if it werent for my cortisone injection! I will be getting back into training soon as I can, might have my first race in the new year sometime.<br /><br />Anyone know if there are 500m tt races run in sydney anywhere?? (for beginners??!)<br /> ;D

Anyways turned up to Friday Night Track racing tonight at Dunc Gray with no road training for the last 4 weeks. Only tuesday night track training.<br />Raced Div 3 (they didn't have Div 4 :()<br />The result;<br />1. Dropped with 3 laps to go in the 15 lap scratch<br />2. Managed not to get eliminated first for the elimination race<br />3. Rode the first leg of the Italian Pursuit (1 lap of rage ;D)<br />4. 20 lap point race, got dropped after 4 laps but managed to finish the race without getting lapped (need to get in as many km's as possible :p)<br /><br />No doubt i will turn up next week with no training and have a stab<br /><br />Jonny<br /><br />NB. My lack of training is due to the many 21st's i have to attend, uni studies and a general laziness for anything enduranced based ;D

does anyone have any idea what the racing program is like for the wednesday and friday night track races at DGV? i am from Bathurst and would be interested in racing a few of these night carnivals but am only prepared to travel for 2.5hrs if the racing is to my liking.......i have a friend who is interested in a madison race with myself and if they still run these could somebody please tell me? Thanks in advance for the help.

Trackie,<br /><br />Friday nights at DGV is as follows<br /><br />3-4 grades<br />1.Scratch Race<br />2. Elimination Race<br />3. Italian Pursuit<br />4. Points Score<br />5. Mystery Scratch (all grades, distance decided when we roll on)<br />6. Pasta at the Handlebar Tavern<br /><br />thats it for Fridays<br />wednesdays im not too sure but i know they do a kieren<br /><br />Jonny

[quote author=Jonny link=board=16;threadid=2453;start=0#21928 date=1035851660]<br />Trackie,<br /><br />Friday nights at DGV is as follows<br /><br />3-4 grades<br />1.Scratch Race<br />2. Elimination Race<br />3. Italian Pursuit<br />4. Points Score<br />5. Mystery Scratch (all grades, distance decided when we roll on)<br />6. Pasta at the Handlebar Tavern<br /><br />thats it for Fridays<br />wednesdays im not too sure but i know they do a kieren<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Whats an Italian Pursuit?<br />

Italian Pursuit is similar to the team sprint but can have more riders per team.<br /><br />All the riders in the grade are split up into two even numbered teams. So if there are ten riders in b grade there are two 5 rider teams.<br />They start on opposite sides of the track (like the pursuit).<br />When the whistle goes they form a line and the first rider does one lap then drops off, the second does two laps then drops of ......until the last rider crosses the pursuit finish line. <br />First team to finish wins ;D<br /><br />the funny thing is that two weeks ago we had to explain the italian pursuit to an italian. :D it took a while for him to work it out :-\<br /><br />Jonny

Ahhh yeah stupid me....i've seen that before ;D events like that are pretty cool to watch

Just experienced my first club racing night at the DGV. Heaps of fun, and good racing. I would say it is worth the drive.