Racing/Training in Lebanon

MD-CYCLIST

Jan 16, 2003
Dear Fello Cyclists

As Many of you know already I am Lebanese and I have recently taken Up cycling to Hopefully reach the Olympics, well I Have been In contact the Lebanese Cycling Federation and They are organising up to 18 Road Races for the 2004-2005 Season and I would Like to know weather any of you would be Interested in Training and Racing in Lebanon, Many of you do your training in Europe and other Places In the world With Very Unstable Weather But Weather in Lebanon is very Stable warm and Humid, I would Be willing to Offer Free accomodation and Transport for anyone Who is Interested.
Many of these Races are UCI Races as I know the President of The Lebanon and I am sure if you where a Member of My new Cycling team you would have a great chance of Entering the UCI Points Races But if you where Not Still you can race all the Other Non-UCI Points Races, well I hope many of you do manage to travel to Lebanon and See its great places of Historical Interestes and Most of all do some training and Racing down there well I hope to Hear from you soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

Dear all

Surely there must be someone out there who is interested in training and racing in Lebanon, I mean Like I explained before its good weather, gread food good people and I am offering free accomodation and transport within Lebanon, I just dont want to go training there on my Own and That is why I am offering you this, well I hope someone will take me up on this offer and I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

>Dear all

>Surely there must be someone out there who is interested in

>training and racing in Lebanon, I mean Like I explained before

>its good weather, gread food

Great food, does that include kebabs - I can't bike without a kebab or two !

Hi- I'm curious. Have you received any replies or takers for your offer? I would love to come ride in Lebanon. I'm not sure that I'm at your level since you are hoping for a spot on the Olympic team. I'm a Cat 5 racer at best. But I want to know more. Is there a national team? Do they have a website?

Dear Crankit

Well I only started proper Cycling in Febuary 2003, before that its been athletics and Championship after championships, well My standard is propably the same as you or maybe a little better but not too much, well Lebanon has a National Team but not a very good one or a Large one,In Lebanon they Mainly like to consentrate on the Mountain Biking, But They are now Doing more and More Road Races This Summer I am competing at 4 National Championships, I would really Recomend you come and Race one or Two of them this summer and See how you like it, I will be more than Happy to give you Free Accomodation and It would be great to have a Training Partner, I am Hoping to go to the B World Championships, so The National Championships will be from Late July to Early August so Come and See How you Like it, Also I beleive From Next year we will actually have UCI International Races But that is yet to Be confirmed but Come this summer Where are you from and what type of Cycling do you do I am sure you will enjoy your time here in Lebanon, By the way to your Question No one has actually Taken my offer which is a shame to be honest so i hope you will be the first, also we dont have an official website for Our national Team, But if you go to WWW.VO2MAXLB.COM that is the Mian website for the Organisers of all The Lebanese outdoor event especially the Cycling Event, well Please feel free to E,mail me on [email protected] and tell me if your coming and when so I can organise pick up for you at Beirut International Airport and also To do house for you, Well I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

I shall be in the Lebanon from 10th-14th April - staying just north of Beirut. I shall bring my bike if I can be convinced that British Airways can look after it. I'd appreciate a day in the mountains.

Originally posted by Simon L2
I shall be in the Lebanon from 10th-14th April - staying just north of Beirut. I shall bring my bike if I can be convinced that British Airways can look after it. I'd appreciate a day in the mountains.

I would be extremely careful in building up any hopes with our friend, AH Khadra. He is responsible for one of the longest threads on Cycling Forums - Cycling Training titled "What training
do I need to be doing to make the Athens Olympics"

He has been spreading his claims of athletic prowess and issuing promises on the forums (Track and field news and IAAF.org) Did you know he is also in film production and has made promises on the internet of lead roles in his next Hollywood blockbuster?

He has made a serious internet proposal of marriage to a famous Greek singer on her web site (She is twice his age and married)

This is what he said on Track and Field News about the postings to the thread he started on Cycling Training "What training
do I need to be doing to make the Athens Olympics"

"If you beleive what you read everyday you must be your the one who must be nuts.

"I wrote what I wrote on the cycling forum as a experiment to see how elitest that sport was, and Obviously reading what I rewad I hear I have attracted 9 pages of responce which beyong my wildest dreams I shall Offer the conclusion of my report which I intend to Write Up by the end of the Month."

That 9 pages is now 17 pages.

Makes interesting reading -

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/discussion/viewThread.jsp?forum=1&thread=3240

One of his more memorable postings on his Cycling Training thread pasted and copied word for word -

"I am Psycologically better and fitter than every athlete on this planet I might be racing againt neil amstrong or some other top class Cyclict but I beleive on the I can be a Match to them as Long as I am fully Fit so Please Some one help me andsome one give me advice so I can make the Athens Olympics"

Lance can breathe a sigh of relief that his 6th TdF victory is not in jeopardy seeing that AH Khadra is racing against a geriatric former astronaut! :) f