Rack advice - Bachetta

franksapper

Guest
Hello to all,

I just purchased a Bachetta Strata and would like to recieve some
feedback on racks and panniers.

I plan on riding part of the Lewis and Clark trail this summer and will
be carrying gear. (No Sleeping bags and food - staying in Hotels and
eating in restarants - getting too old for that)

What is prefered... mid range racks or rear racks? How close to the
ground are the panniers when they sit in the middle of the bike? Any
thoughts on panniers or a reputable company?

Also, I thought I remember a post out here that mentioned a company
that has racks at a more competitive price than what Bachetta
offers them for.

Any advice will be great

thanks

frank

--

Suggestion: Terracycle.com
I have a Tour Easy and a Fold Rush, both of which have their

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:21:16 GMT, franksapper
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hello to all,
>
>I just purchased a Bachetta Strata and would like to recieve some
>feedback on racks and panniers.
>
>I plan on riding part of the Lewis and Clark trail this summer and will
>be carrying gear. (No Sleeping bags and food - staying in Hotels and
>eating in restarants - getting too old for that)
>
>What is prefered... mid range racks or rear racks? How close to the
>ground are the panniers when they sit in the middle of the bike? Any
>thoughts on panniers or a reputable company?
>
>Also, I thought I remember a post out here that mentioned a company
>that has racks at a more competitive price than what Bachetta
>offers them for.
>
>Any advice will be great
>
>thanks
>
>frank

In article <[email protected]>, usenet-
[email protected] says...
> Hello to all,
>
> I just purchased a Bachetta Strata and would like to recieve some
> feedback on racks and panniers.
>
> I plan on riding part of the Lewis and Clark trail this summer and will
> be carrying gear. (No Sleeping bags and food - staying in Hotels and
> eating in restarants - getting too old for that)
>
> What is prefered... mid range racks or rear racks? How close to the
> ground are the panniers when they sit in the middle of the bike? Any
> thoughts on panniers or a reputable company?
>
> Also, I thought I remember a post out here that mentioned a company
> that has racks at a more competitive price than what Bachetta
> offers them for.

If you have the Bacchetta Mesh seat you can use the Bacchetta/X-Eyed
Underseat rack. I know of only one other that fits the Bacchetta
bikes, the EVO Underseat rack at $60
http://www.calhouncycle.com/accessories/evolution.html

I have both on my Giro.

For a rear Rack, I use a RANS HT rack ($38).
Underseat panniers are best for load distribution. If you need
additional storage then put panniers on the rear too.

Arkel is selling recumbent specific panniers (RT-60) these work great
either behind the seat or on the underseat rack. With a capacity of
60L, you may only need a pair of these under the seat.

My Giro can be seen pictured on the Arkel RT-60 web site
http://www.panniers.com/text_index.html

--
Cletus D. Lee
Bacchetta Giro

Bacchetta has just recieved the new "Back Rack" rear rack and the new
alloy lower price "Mid-Ship"

The "Back Rack" retails for $36.00 and the new lower cost alloy
"Mid-Ship" $60.00.

Give the office an call 877 853 9691 (toll free) and they'll get you
connected to a rack.

Thanks
John Schlitter
Bacchetta