Rack advice - Bachetta

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by franksapper, Apr 21, 2004.

  1. franksapper

    franksapper New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2003
    Hello to all,

    I just purchased a Bachetta Strata and would like to recieve some feedback on racks and panniers.

    I plan on riding part of the Lewis and Clark trail this summer and will be carrying gear. (No Sleeping bags and food - staying in Hotels and eating in restarants - getting too old for that)

    What is prefered... mid range racks or rear racks? How close to the ground are the panniers when they sit in the middle of the bike? Any thoughts on panniers or a reputable company?

    Also, I thought I remember a post out here that mentioned a company that has racks at a more competitive price than what Bachetta offers them for.

    Any advice will be great

    thanks

    frank

    Tags:

  2. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    Suggestion: Terracycle.com I have a Tour Easy and a Fold
    Rush, both of which have their underseat racks installed.
    They keep the weight low and the items accessible. They
    support their products and the racks are well made.

    On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:21:16 GMT, franksapper <usenet-
    [email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello to all,
    >
    >I just purchased a Bachetta Strata and would like to
    >recieve some feedback on racks and panniers.
    >
    >I plan on riding part of the Lewis and Clark trail this
    >summer and will be carrying gear. (No Sleeping bags and
    >food - staying in Hotels and eating in restarants - getting
    >too old for that)
    >
    >What is prefered... mid range racks or rear racks? How
    >close to the ground are the panniers when they sit in the
    >middle of the bike? Any thoughts on panniers or a
    >reputable company?
    >
    >Also, I thought I remember a post out here that mentioned a
    >company that has racks at a more competitive price than
    >what Bachetta offers them for.
    >
    >Any advice will be great
    >
    >thanks
    >
    >frank

  3. In article <[email protected]>,
    usenet- [email protected] says...
    > Hello to all,
    >
    > I just purchased a Bachetta Strata and would like to
    > recieve some feedback on racks and panniers.
    >
    > I plan on riding part of the Lewis and Clark trail this
    > summer and will be carrying gear. (No Sleeping bags and
    > food - staying in Hotels and eating in restarants -
    > getting too old for that)
    >
    > What is prefered... mid range racks or rear racks? How
    > close to the ground are the panniers when they sit in the
    > middle of the bike? Any thoughts on panniers or a
    > reputable company?
    >
    > Also, I thought I remember a post out here that mentioned
    > a company that has racks at a more competitive price than
    > what Bachetta offers them for.

    If you have the Bacchetta Mesh seat you can use the Bacchetta/X-
    Eyed Underseat rack. I know of only one other that fits the
    Bacchetta bikes, the EVO Underseat rack at $60
    http://www.calhouncycle.com/accessories/evolution.html

    I have both on my Giro.

    For a rear Rack, I use a RANS HT rack ($38). Underseat
    panniers are best for load distribution. If you need
    additional storage then put panniers on the rear too.

    Arkel is selling recumbent specific panniers (RT-60) these
    work great either behind the seat or on the underseat rack.
    With a capacity of 60L, you may only need a pair of these
    under the seat.

    My Giro can be seen pictured on the Arkel RT-60 web site
    http://www.panniers.com/text_index.html

    --
    Cletus D. Lee Bacchetta Giro Lightning Voyager
    http://www.clee.org

  4. John

    John Guest

    Bacchetta has just recieved the new "Back Rack" rear rack
    and the new alloy lower price "Mid-Ship"

    The "Back Rack" retails for $36.00 and the new lower cost
    alloy "Mid-Ship" $60.00.

    Give the office an call 877 853 9691 (toll free) and they'll
    get you connected to a rack.

    Thanks John Schlitter Bacchetta

    news:<[email protected]>...