Rack and panniers.

> When I used to do walking expeditions I had a "waterproof" (Karrimor
Jaguar
> S65 in KS100E fabric) rucksack. Everything inside was also in at least
two
> layers of poly bags. Most of it still managed to get wet thanks to the quantum tunelling
> properties of Welsh rain: ever since then I've been
rather
> dogmatic about waterproofness. There's waterproof (Ortlieb and Vau De rolltops), and there's water
> resistant. For me, water resistant doesn't
cut
> it. A damp shirt is of no use to me when I get to the office. Like I
say,
> it's dogma thing, and I can afford Ortlieb.
>
> --
> Guy
> ===

I think you can add EBC own brand panniers to the totally waterproof list; they did a wonderfull job
of keeping in the milk from a squashed container...

Julia

the Baker-Bealls wrote:

> I think you can add EBC own brand panniers to the totally waterproof list;

Their waterproof models are made for them by Vau De.

Pete.

http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

Just get a rack and a wire frame basket or something of that sort. attach the rack and bungee the basket or box onto the rack put your back pack in the rack. or forget the basket all together, and jsut bungee the backpack on to the rack. Easy, simple, and cheaper than panniers. jsut be carefull not to get any straps stuck in your spokes.