rack to suit giant xtc2

oldmate

Jan 30, 2004
Hi all, first I would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself my name is Ben I'm a 30 year old male who's very new to cycling

I have recently percuss a Giant xtc2 disc hardtail (2004) that I have plans to do some touring on.
I have now just rolled over 1000km in preparation (fitness & knowledge)and am about to set out on my first ride Toukley to Nundle 309km's.
I have brought spares, tent , rear saddles sleeping gear etc

The problem I'm having is I cannot find good quality aluminium rear racks to suit the bike.

Don't expect to be carrying much weight but would like something
sturdy. I am a fitter buy trade and have a fully tooled workshop
modifications would not be a problem within reason offcourse .

If any members have a rack fitted to this model bike or can give advice or maybe refer me to somebody that can . I would appreciate very much.
Thx for taking the time to read my post.

I just bought a rack this morning made for or by Giant to suit my Rincon. It has the Giant brand name and a 25 kg load limit, it seems very sturdy to me. Didnt find any reference to it on the Giant website though, perhaps your LBS can help out?

OT:

speaking of XTC's... What's up with Giant making a 14" and 17" with nothing in the middle? I went and tried the sizes out at my local dealer, and neither fit:( I'm currently riding on a 15.5" Stump Comp M2. Sorry for the off topic post, but what about the small but not 14" small guys???

I really liked the bike though. Nice purchase Ben!

JesusV