RACV - how good is that?

flyingdutch

Feb 8, 2004
no idea how good/bad this is but the thinking behind it is phenominal!!!

after always lumping them as the 'enemy', over the last few yeras' they certainly have been curbing their outright official stand against bikes

found this on their website after spotting a summary in the new BV ride mag::

Bike Assist
$15 p.a. for individuals or $20 for a family membership

RACV has developed a new road service product to assist cyclists who experience difficulties and require roadside assistance.
The aim of Bike Assist is to get your nominated bicycle going. Bike Assist is a roadside repair service following a puncture. If a puncture cannot be repaired at the roadside or the bicycle cannot be ridden due to a mechanical problem such as a broken chain, a taxi will be dispatched to transport the bicycle and the rider to their home address or chosen destination. When you need Bike Assist, simply call 1800 136 388.

RACV members: $15 per year for individuals or $20 for a family membership (two adults and two children under the age of 21). Non-members: $37 per year for individuals and $42 for a family membership (this includes the cost of a personal membership, which would entitle you to many other benefits RACV offers).

These are the benefits bike assist provides you with when your bicycle has broken down:

• Four puncture repairs per subscription.
• We will also arrange taxis (four calls per member per year). Individual members are entitled to one taxi trip per service call to the value of $50 per trip. Members with a family membership are entitled to two taxi trips per service call, up to the value of $100 in total, if required to accommodate all eligible passengers.

Bike Assist is subject to a 24-hour qualifying period from the time of purchase.

For more information or to join call 13 19 55

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]
>
> Bike Assist
> $15 p.a. for individuals or $20 for a family membership

So, I can let the air out of a tyre twice a year, score some
tubes, and the service is paid for? :)

> RACV has developed a new road service product to assist cyclists who
> experience difficulties and require roadside assistance.

Good on them! Now if only they'd have sensible bike insurance...

> . Four puncture repairs per subscription.

Cool.. 4 tubes for $15!
I wonder if they carry those superlight Michelins? :)

Nah, it's nice to see that a large car-lovin' organisation
can consider bike users for once..

hippy a.k.a Captain Puncturewithnospares

hippy said:
Nah, it's nice to see that a large car-lovin' organisation
can consider bike users for once..

hippy a.k.a Captain Puncturewithnospares

yep, and i hear you on the second bit.
Murphy is a ***** like that...

flyingdutch said:
yep, and i hear you on the second bit.
Murphy is a ***** like that...
might also come in handy if you are in the middle of nowhere i need of help riding, say from Melbourne to somewhere else like, um, Mildura :p