radial artery used - pain

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Neville Stanikk, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. Hi there anyone,

    Anyone had a bypass where the radial artery and mammary artery was used instead of a vein
    from the leg?

    I ask because all of the advice on how to recover seems to be aimed at those people who have a leg
    scar. You're advised to walk 100 yards the first day etc. Well I can walk (along the flat) as far
    as I like, it's my arm that's the problem. I have very limited movement in it and it feels (3
    weeks after surgery) worse than it did in hospital. Actually, it feels as if hot wires have been
    sewn in there.

    So is this familiar to anyone? Some words of reassurance that it really does get better would be a
    great help.

    Thanks, Nev

    Tags:

  2. neville stanikk wrote:

    > Hi there anyone,
    >
    > Anyone had a bypass where the radial artery and mammary artery was used instead of a vein from
    > the leg?
    >
    > I ask because all of the advice on how to recover seems to be aimed at those people who have a leg
    > scar. You're advised to walk 100 yards the first day etc. Well I can walk (along the flat) as far
    > as I like, it's my arm that's the problem. I have very limited movement in it and it feels (3
    > weeks after surgery) worse than it did in hospital. Actually, it feels as if hot wires have been
    > sewn in there.

    That would be unusual.

    > So is this familiar to anyone? Some words of reassurance that it really does get better would be a
    > great help.

    Sorry I can't provide any words of reassurance: would suggest you have a doctor look at your arm.

    > Thanks, Nev

    You are welcome, Nev.

    Andrew

    --