radial artery used - pain

Neville Stanikk

Guest
Hi there anyone,

Anyone had a bypass where the radial artery and mammary artery was used instead of a vein
from the leg?

I ask because all of the advice on how to recover seems to be aimed at those people who have a leg
scar. You're advised to walk 100 yards the first day etc. Well I can walk (along the flat) as far
as I like, it's my arm that's the problem. I have very limited movement in it and it feels (3
weeks after surgery) worse than it did in hospital. Actually, it feels as if hot wires have been
sewn in there.

So is this familiar to anyone? Some words of reassurance that it really does get better would be a
great help.

Thanks, Nev

neville stanikk wrote:

> Hi there anyone,
>
> Anyone had a bypass where the radial artery and mammary artery was used instead of a vein from
> the leg?
>
> I ask because all of the advice on how to recover seems to be aimed at those people who have a leg
> scar. You're advised to walk 100 yards the first day etc. Well I can walk (along the flat) as far
> as I like, it's my arm that's the problem. I have very limited movement in it and it feels (3
> weeks after surgery) worse than it did in hospital. Actually, it feels as if hot wires have been
> sewn in there.

That would be unusual.

> So is this familiar to anyone? Some words of reassurance that it really does get better would be a
> great help.

Sorry I can't provide any words of reassurance: would suggest you have a doctor look at your arm.

> Thanks, Nev

You are welcome, Nev.

Andrew

--