RadioShack not invited to 2010 Giro d'Italia

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by steve, Mar 21, 2010.

1. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Link: RadioShack Not Invited To 2010 Giro D'Italia | Cyclingnews.com

Tags:

2. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

No big surprise. Armstrong screwed the RCS last year. After taking millions of euros as a start fee, he refused to talk to the press and personally led the protest against racing the stage in Milan. Just yesterday he dissed the Italians by making a catty comment about the dark tunnel at MSR. Retirement Shack was not invited to Tirreno Adriatico either.

3. tonyzackery

tonyzackery Well-Known Member

Kind of a "much ado about nothin'", IMO. Even if they had been invited, they would've sent their third string team anyway...

4. Andrija

Andrija Member

Expected decision.
    If I remember well, it was suggested during the early winter. The reason then was overlapping with Tour of California where Shack would send strongest team, while in Italy would ride their second team with low ambitions. There is no race organizer which would welcome team like that and undervalue themselves.

5. roadhouse

roadhouse New Member

You do remember well as I remember the same being said but sh!t to the race organizer if that is his only angle, also being his only loss. Tactics are all about the the you know who and the tour over there. It's a public display of alpha male cyclists, coach's and teams taking full authority in the real world of cycling and that authority revolves around only one bicycle race, the one they plan on winning.

again, that is.

6. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

Can someone translate this into English?

7. roadhouse

roadhouse New Member

I can, bipolarism does have it's sustanance after all. :p
    What else you care to know, young chap? That Bruykneel, Carmichael and Big Lance know to keep the training flock together and that now above all else of times would divide the team more than help themselves along with the much bigger picture out? What don't you get about Americans racing ( training) on American soil to do what has already been done seven fold on foreign? It's a bloody hostile business, this taking of other people's land but it is American History and if i know anything of American History it's that history is bound to repeat itself.

8. gman0482

gman0482 Member

LOL, you did ask for an English translation right Bro Deal ?

I dunno... :confused:

9. tambourlain

tambourlain New Member

Eh, let's see, Radio Shack is going to race in the US, so that means that they are interested in taking other people's land. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

By the way, what nation was not formed by taking someone else's land?

Frikin moron!

10. mikesaif

mikesaif New Member

On his Twitter, Lance said they sent a letter on Jan 23 to the Giro, saying they wouldn't be attending. Not sure that sounds accurate. I thought, all the pro teams had to do all the main pro events?

11. slovakguy

slovakguy Active Member

doesn't matter to armstrong. for him, he needed to try and get the upper hand on zomegnan by saying he "wasn't going to come to that party anyway. so keep your invitation. so there. nyah!" i paraphrase, of course.

12. gman0482

gman0482 Member

And don't forget that the team needs to be together now and train for taking over the world.

They are waaay too big and important to be dealing with some petty crap like the Giro. :D

13. Eldron

Eldron New Member

14. roadhouse

roadhouse New Member

Don't say I didn't say so.

15. Tech72

Tech72 New Member

Not so. Not every ProTour teams must do the "main events", nor must every main event organizer invite/accept every ProTour team. I believe this was one of the concessions the Big 3 race organizers walked away with after the fight between them and the UCI a couple of years ago.

16. Chavez

Chavez New Member

Soooo, RS didn't want to do the Giro, and the organizers probably didn't want to get just the B squad anyway.

Sounds like neither party is upset at this turn of events, so why are WE gnashing teeth?

17. gman0482

gman0482 Member

Typical drama...

Let's just see what comes out of Crit Int.