rafl 3 - (the other) Ray

R

Ray Miller

I'm going out to friends this evening and won't be able to WI tomorrow so this will have to do for
this week.

up 1 to 206. Same total for inches.

Bit of a mystery here. I've averaged 2000 calories all week, which is pretty good. I should have at
worst maintained. I was really expecting a small loss.

Work has been dreadful and I haven't been able to sleep so maybe I'm retaining fluid? Also I've had
to do cardio instead of lifting as work has been terrible and I haven't had time to get things set
up. And I couldn't get to the gym 'cos I had to work over. Grr. I really miss the heavy stuff :)

I'm pretty certain that this is water and not a real weight gain, so I'm hoping for a mini woosh
next week.

Ray
--
rmnsuk overall - 273/206/182

Your conclusions about the reasons for the slight increase sound well-reasoned to me. Sleeplessness
has the same water retention effect on me, as does work stress and overtime.

Sure hope things go better for you next week, both at work and with your weight(lifting) program.

Prairie Roots

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:17:45 GMT, ray miller <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm going out to friends this evening and won't be able to WI tomorrow so this will have to do for
>this week.
>
>up 1 to 206. Same total for inches.
>
>Bit of a mystery here. I've averaged 2000 calories all week, which is pretty good. I should have at
>worst maintained. I was really expecting a small loss.
>
>Work has been dreadful and I haven't been able to sleep so maybe I'm retaining fluid? Also I've had
>to do cardio instead of lifting as work has been terrible and I haven't had time to get things set
>up. And I couldn't get to the gym 'cos I had to work over. Grr. I really miss the heavy stuff :)
>
>I'm pretty certain that this is water and not a real weight gain, so I'm hoping for a mini woosh
>next week.
>
>Ray

I agree it 's probably a water gain. I hope you 'll have a less stressful week, and sure wish the
woosh fairy pays you a visit!
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/102.9/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
134.1/102.10/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/102.9/96 Kg
134/1.103/212 lbs "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm going out to friends this evening and won't be able to WI tomorrow so this will have to do for
> this week.
>
> up 1 to 206. Same total for inches.
>
> Bit of a mystery here. I've averaged 2000 calories all week, which is pretty good. I should have
> at worst maintained. I was really expecting a small loss.
>
> Work has been dreadful and I haven't been able to sleep so maybe I'm retaining fluid? Also I've
> had to do cardio instead of lifting as work has been terrible and I haven't had time to get
> things set up. And I couldn't get to the gym 'cos I had to work over. Grr. I really miss the
> heavy stuff :)
>
> I'm pretty certain that this is water and not a real weight gain, so I'm hoping for a mini woosh
> next week.
>
> Ray
> --
> rmnsuk overall - 273/206/182

Sending Whoosh thoughts for you...

"ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I'm going out to friends this evening and won't be able to WI tomorrow so this will have to do for
> this week.
>
>
> Bit of a mystery here. I've averaged 2000 calories all week, which is pretty good. I should have
>
> Work has been dreadful and I haven't been able to sleep so maybe I'm retaining fluid? Also I've
> had to do cardio instead of lifting as work has been terrible and I haven't had time to get
> things set up. And I couldn't get to the gym 'cos I had to work over. Grr. I really miss the
>
> I'm pretty certain that this is water and not a real weight gain, so I'm hoping for a mini woosh
> next week.
>
> Ray
> --

Sorry about the gain, Ray, but I also seem to have trouble like that when anything is different in
my life - not able to sleep, no exercise - I do gain fluids. Hope it's the same with you. Wish you
luck. Elaine K

ray miller wrote:

>I'm going out to friends this evening and won't be able to WI tomorrow so this will have to do for
>this week.
>
>
>Bit of a mystery here. I've averaged 2000 calories all week, which is pretty good. I should have at
>
>Work has been dreadful and I haven't been able to sleep so maybe I'm retaining fluid? Also I've had
>to do cardio instead of lifting as work has been terrible and I haven't had time to get things set
>up. And I couldn't get to the gym 'cos I had to work over. Grr. I really miss the heavy stuff :)
>
>I'm pretty certain that this is water and not a real weight gain, so I'm hoping for a mini woosh
>next week.
>
>Ray

Here's hoping that next week brings your whoosh!!!

Connie

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/204.5/155 RAFL 210.5/204.5/198.5

ray miller wrote:
> this week.
>
>
>
>
> next week.
>
> Ray

And I bet you'll see that mini-whoosh next week. Sounds to me like you know where that 1 pound gain
is from. I do think I have a tendency to also retain water due to lack of sleep - which is a norm in
my life lately. I have noticed that on those rare occassions that I get a full nights rest, the
scales are always much kinder.

Good luck on this coming week, and I hope things are much calmer for you.

Joyce

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:17:45 GMT, ray miller <[email protected]> wrote:

>this week.
>
>
>
>
>next week.
>
>Ray

Good luck next week Ray.
--
Brenda
209/177/150 RafL goal 165

> this week.
>
>
>
>
> next week.
>
> Ray
> --

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00D1_01C3E3A2.937A9FC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
Encoding: quoted-printable

Hang in there Ray :) Interesting thoughts on the lack of sleep and stress. I too have noticed the
fluid retention when things are hectic. Makes a mental note to get more R & R. Vanessa In OZ :)
Overall (Was 273- Current 211- Goal 160) "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
news:[email protected]... I'm going out to friends this evening and won't
be able to WI tomorrow so this will have to do for this week.

up 1 to 206. Same total for inches.

Bit of a mystery here. I've averaged 2000 calories all week, which is pretty good. I should have
at worst maintained. I was really expecting a small loss.

Work has been dreadful and I haven't been able to sleep so maybe I'm retaining fluid? Also I've
had to do cardio instead of lifting as work has been terrible and I haven't had time to get
things set up. And I couldn't get to the gym 'cos I had to work over. Grr. I really miss the
heavy stuff :)

I'm pretty certain that this is water and not a real weight gain, so I'm hoping for a mini woosh
next week.

Ray --=20 rmnsuk overall - 273/206/182

------=_NextPart_000_00D1_01C3E3A2.937A9FC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4912.300"
name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Hang in there Ray =
:)</FONT></DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Interesting thoughts on the lack = of sleep=20 and
stress.</FONT></DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>I too have noticed the fluid = retention when=20 things are
hectic.</FONT></DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Makes a mental note to get more = R &=20
R.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>Vanessa In OZ :)<BR>Overall (Was 273- Current 211- Goal 160)</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"PADDING-
RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #800080 2px solid; MARGIN-
RIGHT: 0px">
<>"ray miller" <<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>>= wrote=20 in message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:sru410p9lc8=
[email protected]</A>...</DIV>I'm=20 going out to friends this evening and won't be
able to WI = tomorrow<BR>so this=20 will have to do for this week.<BR><BR>up 1 to 206.<BR>Same total
for=20 inches.<BR><BR>Bit of a mystery here. I've averaged 2000 calories all = week,=20 which
is<BR>pretty good. I should have at worst maintained. I was = really=20 expecting<BR>a small
loss.<BR><BR>Work has been dreadful and I haven't = been=20 able to sleep so maybe I'm<BR>retaining
fluid? Also I've had to do = cardio=20 instead of lifting as work<BR>has been terrible and I haven't
had time = to get=20 things set up. And I<BR>couldn't get to the gym 'cos I had to work = over.
Grr.=20 I really miss<BR>the heavy stuff :)<BR><BR>I'm pretty certain that = this is=20 water and
not a real weight gain, so<BR>I'm hoping for a mini woosh = next=20 week.<BR><BR>Ray<BR>--
<BR>rmnsuk<BR>overall -=20
273/206/182</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00D1_01C3E3A2.937A9FC0--

Hi, Ray, With your good attitude, the weight will soon be off.

--
Take Care Catherine
154/135.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 133.2

> this week.
>
>
>
>
> next week.
>
> Ray
> --

when I do not sleep enough I do gain, so I am thinking water is a correct
assessment, good luck and enjoy your night out, Lee
ray miller <[email protected]> wrote in message
> this week.
>
>
>
>
> next week.
>
> Ray
> --