rafl, a new exercise program....

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Lesanne, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    Staying up 36 hours in a hospital trying to keep a confused person from getting out of bed/removing
    IV lines/taking off her gown/ and lots of things I can't remember, has caused my Average for the
    week to be 157.

    I am so tired I cannot see straight

    but we are home

    Tags:

  2. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Lesanne wrote:

    > Staying up 36 hours in a hospital trying to keep a confused person from getting out of
    > bed/removing IV lines/taking off her gown/ and lots of things I can't remember, has caused my
    > Average for the week to be 157.
    >
    > I am so tired I cannot see straight
    >
    > but we are home

    Go to bed. Go to sleep. You need a little time for YOU after all that! Take care!

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  3. Bird

    Bird Guest

    Take care Lesanne, we're thinking of you and your mom. Bird

    "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Staying up 36 hours in a hospital trying to keep a confused person from getting out of
    > bed/removing IV lines/taking off her gown/ and lots of
    things
    > I can't remember, has caused my Average for the week to be 157.
    >
    > I am so tired I cannot see straight
    >
    > but we are home

  4. Get some much needed rest Lesanne. We're thinking about you. Best wishes to your mom for a
    speedy recovery.

    Brenda

    "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Staying up 36 hours in a hospital trying to keep a confused person from getting out of
    > bed/removing IV lines/taking off her gown/ and lots of
    things
    > I can't remember, has caused my Average for the week to be 157.
    >
    > I am so tired I cannot see straight
    >
    > but we are home

  5. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Well, again, I'm glad things are going "weller"

    But since you can't see staight, I'm not sure we can trust your scale readings (G)

    Besides, I have a feeling that my clothing weighs at least .6 pounds.

    Congrats in any event. But unless something dramatic happens, I will probably be up again this next
    week but under goal.

    On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:36:39 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Staying up 36 hours in a hospital trying to keep a confused person from getting out of bed/removing
    >IV lines/taking off her gown/ and lots of things I can't remember, has caused my Average for the
    >week to be 157.
    >
    >I am so tired I cannot see straight
    >
    >but we are home

  6. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Woohoo Lesanne!! I'm glad you are home and I'm glad you lost weight but I'm not glad about how you
    had to do it.

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/204/155 RAFL 210.5/204/198.5

    Lesanne wrote:
    > Staying up 36 hours in a hospital trying to keep a confused person from getting out of
    > bed/removing IV lines/taking off her gown/ and lots of things I can't remember, has caused my
    > Average for the week to be 157.
    >
    > I am so tired I cannot see straight
    >
    > but we are home

  7. Hi, Lesanne, Hang in there. I hope the situations improves.
    --
    Take Care Catherine
    154/132.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132

    "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Staying up 36 hours in a hospital trying to keep a confused person from getting out of
    > bed/removing IV lines/taking off her gown/ and lots of
    things
    > I can't remember, has caused my Average for the week to be 157.
    >
    > I am so tired I cannot see straight
    >
    > but we are home

  8. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Welcome home :)
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.102/212 lbs "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Staying up 36 hours in a hospital trying to keep a confused person from getting out of
    > bed/removing IV lines/taking off her gown/ and lots of
    things
    > I can't remember, has caused my Average for the week to be 157.
    >
    > I am so tired I cannot see straight
    >
    > but we are home

  9. Hearing that you're back home is really the best news.

    After an ordeal like that, I don't know how you could remember to weigh and post. From the sound of
    things, it might be best that those things you can't remember stay unremembered.

    Prairie Roots

    On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:36:39 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Staying up 36 hours in a hospital trying to keep a confused person from getting out of bed/removing
    >IV lines/taking off her gown/ and lots of things I can't remember, has caused my Average for the
    >week to be 157.
    >
    >I am so tired I cannot see straight
    >
    >but we are home

  10. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Glad to hear that you are home finally. 36 hours in a hospital is enough to drive someone crazy.
    Hope your mom is doing better today.

    "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Staying up 36 hours in a hospital trying to keep a confused person from getting out of
    > bed/removing IV lines/taking off her gown/ and lots of
    things
    > I can't remember, has caused my Average for the week to be 157.
    >
    > I am so tired I cannot see straight
    >
    > but we are home

  11. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    I sure don't envy you by any means. I remember sitting in the ER with my mom, then waiting for her
    to be transferred to the psych hospital. Not 36 hours in the hospital, but it ended up being a 36
    hour stretch with no sleep ... definitely is not fun. I remember thinking I was no longer sure if it
    was my mom who was delusional ... or me! <grin>

    Congrats on the fantastic weekly average though, although I'm not sure I would enthusiastically
    support it as a method of weightloss. <g> I hope you can soon catch up on that lost sleep, if it's
    even possible. Take care of yourself, and hopefully relax a bit!

    Joyce

    On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:36:39 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Staying up 36 hours in a hospital trying to keep a confused person from getting out of bed/removing
    >IV lines/taking off her gown/ and lots of things I can't remember, has caused my Average for the
    >week to be 157.
    >
    >I am so tired I cannot see straight
    >
    >but we are home

  12. get rest, Lee
    Lesanne <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Staying up 36 hours in a hospital trying to keep a confused person from getting out of
    > bed/removing IV lines/taking off her gown/ and lots of
    things
    > I can't remember, has caused my Average for the week to be 157.
    >
    > I am so tired I cannot see straight
    >
    > but we are home

  13. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    and how

    "Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hearing that you're back home is really the best news.
    >
    > After an ordeal like that, I don't know how you could remember to weigh and post. From the sound
    > of things, it might be best that those things you can't remember stay unremembered.
    >
    > Prairie Roots
    >
    > On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:36:39 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Staying up 36 hours in a hospital trying to keep a confused person from getting out of
    > >bed/removing IV lines/taking off her gown/ and lots of
    things
    > >I can't remember, has caused my Average for the week to be 157.
    > >
    > >I am so tired I cannot see straight
    > >
    > >but we are home

  14. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    I am gradually getting some sleep here and there. Her dementia is much worse and she is no longer
    continent at night......

    "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I sure don't envy you by any means. I remember sitting in the ER with my
    mom,
    > then waiting for her to be transferred to the psych hospital. Not 36
    hours in the
    > hospital, but it ended up being a 36 hour stretch with no sleep ...
    definitely is
    > not fun. I remember thinking I was no longer sure if it was my mom who
    was
    > delusional ... or me! <grin>
    >
    > Congrats on the fantastic weekly average though, although I'm not sure I
    would
    > enthusiastically support it as a method of weightloss. <g> I hope you can
    soon
    > catch up on that lost sleep, if it's even possible. Take care of
    yourself, and
    > hopefully relax a bit!
    >
    > Joyce
    >
    > On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:36:39 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Staying up 36 hours in a hospital trying to keep a confused person from getting out of
    > >bed/removing IV lines/taking off her gown/ and lots of
    things
    > >I can't remember, has caused my Average for the week to be 157.
    > >
    > >I am so tired I cannot see straight
    > >
    > >but we are home

  15. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Ouch Lesanne, I really do feel for you. I can only imagine how hard this must be, to deal with on a
    daily basis. Also how heartbreaking for you. I've learned my mom has been having some frequent
    *accidents*, only because I do her laundry. If I didn't bring her clothing home, I would have no
    clue at all. Are you hanging in there? I know you probably don't even want to think about things,
    but is it becoming close to looking at other options for care - or are you able to get some help? I
    can't fathom how you can tackle this all on your own. You definitely are slated for sainthood.

    Joyce

    On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 20:09:24 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I am gradually getting some sleep here and there. Her dementia is much worse and she is no longer
    >continent at night......
    >
    >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> I sure don't envy you by any means. I remember sitting in the ER with my
    >mom,
    >> then waiting for her to be transferred to the psych hospital. Not 36
    >hours in the
    >> hospital, but it ended up being a 36 hour stretch with no sleep ...
    >definitely is
    >> not fun. I remember thinking I was no longer sure if it was my mom who
    >was
    >> delusional ... or me! <grin>
    >>
    >> Congrats on the fantastic weekly average though, although I'm not sure I
    >would
    >> enthusiastically support it as a method of weightloss. <g> I hope you can
    >soon
    >> catch up on that lost sleep, if it's even possible. Take care of
    >yourself, and
    >> hopefully relax a bit!
    >>
    >> Joyce
    >>
    >> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:36:39 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Staying up 36 hours in a hospital trying to keep a confused person from getting out of
    >> >bed/removing IV lines/taking off her gown/ and lots of
    >things
    >> >I can't remember, has caused my Average for the week to be 157.
    >> >
    >> >I am so tired I cannot see straight
    >> >
    >> >but we are home

  16. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    I am actively seeking helpers.

    "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Ouch Lesanne, I really do feel for you. I can only imagine how hard this
    must be,
    > to deal with on a daily basis. Also how heartbreaking for you. I've
    learned my
    > mom has been having some frequent *accidents*, only because I do her
    laundry. If
    > I didn't bring her clothing home, I would have no clue at all. Are you
    hanging in
    > there? I know you probably don't even want to think about things, but is
    it
    > becoming close to looking at other options for care - or are you able to
    get some
    > help? I can't fathom how you can tackle this all on your own. You
    definitely are
    > slated for sainthood.
    >
    > Joyce
    >
    > On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 20:09:24 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I am gradually getting some sleep here and there. Her dementia is much
    worse
    > >and she is no longer continent at night......
    > >
    > >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >> I sure don't envy you by any means. I remember sitting in the ER with
    my
    > >mom,
    > >> then waiting for her to be transferred to the psych hospital. Not 36
    > >hours in the
    > >> hospital, but it ended up being a 36 hour stretch with no sleep ...
    > >definitely is
    > >> not fun. I remember thinking I was no longer sure if it was my mom who
    > >was
    > >> delusional ... or me! <grin>
    > >>
    > >> Congrats on the fantastic weekly average though, although I'm not sure
    > >would
    > >> enthusiastically support it as a method of weightloss. <g> I hope you
    can
    > >soon
    > >> catch up on that lost sleep, if it's even possible. Take care of
    > >yourself, and
    > >> hopefully relax a bit!
    > >>
    > >> Joyce

    > >things

  17. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Great! I hope you are able to find some quickly to give you a bit of a break. 'Round the clock by
    yourself is not a fun thing.

    Joyce