RAFL - Fred - Feb 18th

Fred

Guest
Okay, no messing around as I'm too depressed to fool around. Actually, I'm not depressed and my
leader noted that my Lifetime book's 26 rows (weeks) were filled and that in the main, I've stayed
pretty much constant over those 26 weeks and that's damn near half a year. It is HALF A YEAR. And it
is really more than half a year since there were a number of missed weeks in there. And today I've
also filled up my first Lifetime booklet.

So without much further ado (Lesanne is now gnawing the bones of that fried fish):

Gain: 1.2 Current: 158.8

Fred
219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

Sorry for the gain but the important part is that you are still under your WW goal. That's what
really counts here. I know "you know who" has beat you out this week but I think this little
competition of yours is what is keeping going as well as below goal.

> Okay, no messing around as I'm too depressed to fool around. Actually, I'm not depressed and my
> leader noted that my Lifetime book's 26 rows (weeks) were filled and that in the main, I've stayed
> pretty much constant over those 26 weeks and that's damn near half a year. It is HALF A YEAR. And
> it is really more than half a year since there were a number of missed weeks in there. And today
> I've also filled up my first Lifetime booklet.
>
> So without much further ado (Lesanne is now gnawing the bones of that fried fish):
>
> Gain: 1.2 Current: 158.8
>
> Fred
> 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

Good thing your leader was there ready with some perspective. You've been steadily maintaining that
clothes cushion since meeting your personal goal. Have you even once gotten to 160?

Congrats Fred on filling your 1st of many lifetime books.

Prairie Roots

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:44:02 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>Okay, no messing around as I'm too depressed to fool around. Actually, I'm not depressed and my
>leader noted that my Lifetime book's 26 rows (weeks) were filled and that in the main, I've stayed
>pretty much constant over those 26 weeks and that's damn near half a year. It is HALF A YEAR. And
>it is really more than half a year since there were a number of missed weeks in there. And today
>I've also filled up my first Lifetime booklet.
>
>So without much further ado (Lesanne is now gnawing the bones of that fried fish):
>
>Gain: 1.2 Current: 158.8
>
>Fred
>219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

26 weeks maintaining! That is great!!

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/202/155 RAFL 210.5/202/198.5

Fred wrote:
> Okay, no messing around as I'm too depressed to fool around. Actually, I'm not depressed and my
> leader noted that my Lifetime book's 26 rows (weeks) were filled and that in the main, I've stayed
> pretty much constant over those 26 weeks and that's damn near half a year. It is HALF A YEAR. And
> it is really more than half a year since there were a number of missed weeks in there. And today
> I've also filled up my first Lifetime booklet.
>
> So without much further ado (Lesanne is now gnawing the bones of that fried fish):
>
> Gain: 1.2 Current: 158.8
>
> Fred
> 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

Maybe but maybe not. I don't think so but my numbers are somewhat warped by the shorts-Tshirt
factor. I don't recall exactly when I changed wardrobe but think I can figure it out. I now subtract
the clothing difference from my WI to get a shorts-Tshirt value (g)

Since the excel sheet is behind here lurking I will see if I've had two up weeks in a row.....
actually, there have been a few 3 week in a row ups. So I guess I will not sweat this. But I do need
to get control on the snacking. But I do need to get control on the snacking. But I do need to get
control on the snacking......

And now that I made a doc's appt for next week, I will have to fast for 12 hours (checking total
blood cholesterol levels) in the evening
- that should help (G)

Thanks. Yes, I hope to keep the lifetime books coming and always under goal (fingers crossed)

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 17:43:36 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:

>Good thing your leader was there ready with some perspective. You've been steadily maintaining that
>clothes cushion since meeting your personal goal. Have you even once gotten to 160?
>
>Congrats Fred on filling your 1st of many lifetime books.
>
>Prairie Roots
>
>On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:44:02 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Okay, no messing around as I'm too depressed to fool around. Actually, I'm not depressed and my
>>leader noted that my Lifetime book's 26 rows (weeks) were filled and that in the main, I've stayed
>>pretty much constant over those 26 weeks and that's damn near half a year. It is HALF A YEAR. And
>>it is really more than half a year since there were a number of missed weeks in there. And today
>>I've also filled up my first Lifetime booklet.
>>
>>So without much further ado (Lesanne is now gnawing the bones of that fried fish):
>>
>>Gain: 1.2 Current: 158.8
>>
>>Fred
>>219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

Fred, you're doing so great! Congratulations!!

Brenda

> Okay, no messing around as I'm too depressed to fool around. Actually, I'm not depressed and my
> leader noted that my Lifetime book's 26 rows (weeks) were filled and that in the main, I've stayed
> pretty much constant over those 26 weeks and that's damn near half a year. It is HALF A YEAR. And
> it is really more than half a year since there were a number of missed weeks in there. And today
> I've also filled up my first Lifetime booklet.
>
> So without much further ado (Lesanne is now gnawing the bones of that fried fish):
>
> Gain: 1.2 Current: 158.8
>
> Fred
> 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

YUP!

Actually, it goes back to June, actually, now I look, May 28th. So it is 39 or 40 weeks.

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:35:41 -0500, Connie <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> wrote:

>26 weeks maintaining! That is great!!

I hate to say it, but I am actually doing it for _ME_ (g)

But company on the journey can be fun, too

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:31:35 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Sorry for the gain but the important part is that you are still under your WW goal. That's what
>really counts here. I know "you know who" has beat you out this week but I think this little
>competition of yours is what is keeping going as well as below goal.
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Okay, no messing around as I'm too depressed to fool around. Actually, I'm not depressed and my
>> leader noted that my Lifetime book's 26 rows (weeks) were filled and that in the main, I've
>> stayed pretty much constant over those 26 weeks and that's damn near half a year. It is HALF A
>> YEAR. And it is really more than half a year since there were a number of missed weeks in there.
>> And today I've also filled up my first Lifetime booklet.
>>
>> So without much further ado (Lesanne is now gnawing the bones of that fried fish):
>>
>> Gain: 1.2 Current: 158.8
>>
>> Fred
>> 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

> Maybe but maybe not. I don't think so but my numbers are somewhat warped by the shorts-Tshirt
> factor. I don't recall exactly when I changed wardrobe but think I can figure it out. I now
> subtract the clothing difference from my WI to get a shorts-Tshirt value (g)
>
> Since the excel sheet is behind here lurking I will see if I've had two up weeks in a row.....
> actually, there have been a few 3 week in a row ups. So I guess I will not sweat this. But I do
> need to get control on the snacking. But I do need to get control on the snacking. But I do need
> to get control on the snacking......

This is where I fall down on the job too. My basic menu runs around 20-22 points per day and find
that my last 6-8 points are "wasted" on junk food in the evening. I need to find better quality food
for points at night. I think once you have a snacking habit, it is hard to break.

> And now that I made a doc's appt for next week, I will have to fast for 12 hours (checking total
> blood cholesterol levels) in the evening
> - that should help (G)
>
> Thanks. Yes, I hope to keep the lifetime books coming and always under goal (fingers crossed)
>
> On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 17:43:36 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Good thing your leader was there ready with some perspective. You've been steadily maintaining
> >that clothes cushion since meeting your personal goal. Have you even once gotten to 160?
> >
> >Congrats Fred on filling your 1st of many lifetime books.
> >
> >Prairie Roots
> >
> >On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:44:02 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>Okay, no messing around as I'm too depressed to fool around. Actually, I'm not depressed and my
> >>leader noted that my Lifetime book's 26 rows (weeks) were filled and that in the main, I've
> >>stayed pretty much constant over those 26 weeks and that's damn near half a year. It is HALF A
> >>YEAR. And it is really more than half a year since there were a number of missed weeks in there.
> >>And today I've also filled up my first Lifetime booklet.
> >>
> >>So without much further ado (Lesanne is now gnawing the bones of that fried fish):
> >>
> >>Gain: 1.2 Current: 158.8
> >>
> >>Fred
> >>219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 03:09:18 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Maybe but maybe not. I don't think so but my numbers are somewhat warped by the shorts-Tshirt
>> factor. I don't recall exactly when I changed wardrobe but think I can figure it out. I now
>> subtract the clothing difference from my WI to get a shorts-Tshirt value (g)
>>
>> Since the excel sheet is behind here lurking I will see if I've had two up weeks in a row.....
>> actually, there have been a few 3 week in a row ups. So I guess I will not sweat this. But I do
>> need to get control on the snacking. But I do need to get control on the snacking. But I do need
>> to get control on the snacking......
>
>This is where I fall down on the job too. My basic menu runs around 20-22 points per day and find
>that my last 6-8 points are "wasted" on junk food in the evening. I need to find better quality
>food for points at night. I think once you have a snacking habit, it is hard to break.

Well, not all my snacking is junk food - I do a lot of dried fruit. In the old days it would have
been cheese, cheese and chocolate and potato chips along with the fruit. so this is better but I
need to still get control. I don't know how Skinny Cows rate for nutrition.
(G)

>> And now that I made a doc's appt for next week, I will have to fast for 12 hours (checking total
>> blood cholesterol levels) in the evening
>> - that should help (G)
>>
>> Thanks. Yes, I hope to keep the lifetime books coming and always under goal (fingers crossed)
>>
>> On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 17:43:36 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Good thing your leader was there ready with some perspective. You've been steadily maintaining
>> >that clothes cushion since meeting your personal goal. Have you even once gotten to 160?
>> >
>> >Congrats Fred on filling your 1st of many lifetime books.
>> >
>> >Prairie Roots

not bad at all, very good in fact, Lee
Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Okay, no messing around as I'm too depressed to fool around. Actually, I'm not depressed and my
> leader noted that my Lifetime book's 26 rows (weeks) were filled and that in the main, I've stayed
> pretty much constant over those 26 weeks and that's damn near half a year. It is HALF A YEAR. And
> it is really more than half a year since there were a number of missed weeks in there. And today
> I've also filled up my first Lifetime booklet.
>
> So without much further ado (Lesanne is now gnawing the bones of that fried fish):
>
> Gain: 1.2 Current: 158.8
>
> Fred
> 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

Thanks. How's life on your side of the "hand grenade" line? Details: some wife of a Ft Lewis soldier
drove to the wrong Vancouver (yours) and tried crossing the border with a grenade in the glove
compartment!!!! Closed and backed up the border for a few hours the other day.

And for more clarification - while the locals are not often confused, years ago someone goofed when
they named two cities within hours of each other Vancouver. The one everyone knows in Canada and the
one down by the Oregon border near Portland in Washington state. But it has confused some.

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:12:40 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Fred, you're doing so great! Congratulations!!
>
>Brenda
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Okay, no messing around as I'm too depressed to fool around. Actually, I'm not depressed and my
>> leader noted that my Lifetime book's 26 rows (weeks) were filled and that in the main, I've
>> stayed pretty much constant over those 26 weeks and that's damn near half a year. It is HALF A
>> YEAR. And it is really more than half a year since there were a number of missed weeks in there.
>> And today I've also filled up my first Lifetime booklet.
>>
>> So without much further ado (Lesanne is now gnawing the bones of that fried fish):
>>
>> Gain: 1.2 Current: 158.8
>>
>> Fred
>> 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

Oh oh oh, gotcha for Sure this week. :) Stay Away from those Sugar Things. But hey, you are still
WELL UNDER GOAL>!!

> Okay, no messing around as I'm too depressed to fool around. Actually, I'm not depressed and my
> leader noted that my Lifetime book's 26 rows (weeks) were filled and that in the main, I've stayed
> pretty much constant over those 26 weeks and that's damn near half a year. It is HALF A YEAR. And
> it is really more than half a year since there were a number of missed weeks in there. And today
> I've also filled up my first Lifetime booklet.
>
> So without much further ado (Lesanne is now gnawing the bones of that fried fish):
>
> Gain: 1.2 Current: 158.8
>
> Fred
> 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

Well, I would prefer to hover just a bit lower. But overall and looking at gains and losses over the
last 6 months or so - it is darn right, okay.

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 05:25:53 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>not bad at all, very good in fact, Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Okay, no messing around as I'm too depressed to fool around. Actually, I'm not depressed and my
>> leader noted that my Lifetime book's 26 rows (weeks) were filled and that in the main, I've
>> stayed pretty much constant over those 26 weeks and that's damn near half a year. It is HALF A
>> YEAR. And it is really more than half a year since there were a number of missed weeks in there.
>> And today I've also filled up my first Lifetime booklet.
>>
>> So without much further ado (Lesanne is now gnawing the bones of that fried fish):
>>
>> Gain: 1.2 Current: 158.8
>>
>> Fred
>> 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

Last night was okay for a time and then the mangos and raisins took over - the invasion of the
body fillers!

Yes, under goal but over you (sniff)

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:16:55 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Oh oh oh, gotcha for Sure this week. :) Stay Away from those Sugar Things. But hey, you are still
>WELL UNDER GOAL>!!
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Okay, no messing around as I'm too depressed to fool around. Actually, I'm not depressed and my
>> leader noted that my Lifetime book's 26 rows (weeks) were filled and that in the main, I've
>> stayed pretty much constant over those 26 weeks and that's damn near half a year. It is HALF A
>> YEAR. And it is really more than half a year since there were a number of missed weeks in there.
>> And today I've also filled up my first Lifetime booklet.
>>
>> So without much further ado (Lesanne is now gnawing the bones of that fried fish):
>>
>> Gain: 1.2 Current: 158.8
>>
>> Fred
>> 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

Hey, just think of all the Joy you are providing up there :Lol...

> Last night was okay for a time and then the mangos and raisins took over - the invasion of the
> body fillers!
>
> Yes, under goal but over you (sniff)
>
> On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:16:55 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Oh oh oh, gotcha for Sure this week. :) Stay Away from those Sugar
Things.
> >But hey, you are still WELL UNDER GOAL>!!
> >
> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Okay, no messing around as I'm too depressed to fool around. Actually, I'm not depressed and my
> >> leader noted that my Lifetime book's 26 rows (weeks) were filled and that in the main, I've
> >> stayed pretty much constant over those 26 weeks and that's damn near half a year. It is HALF A
> >> YEAR. And it is really more than half a year since there were a number of missed weeks in
> >> there. And today I've also filled up my first Lifetime booklet.
> >>
> >> So without much further ado (Lesanne is now gnawing the bones of that fried fish):
> >>
> >> Gain: 1.2 Current: 158.8
> >>
> >> Fred
> >> 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

> On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 03:09:18 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Maybe but maybe not. I don't think so but my numbers are somewhat warped by the shorts-Tshirt
> >> factor. I don't recall exactly when I changed wardrobe but think I can figure it out. I now
> >> subtract the clothing difference from my WI to get a shorts-Tshirt value (g)
> >>
> >> Since the excel sheet is behind here lurking I will see if I've had two up weeks in a row.....
> >> actually, there have been a few 3 week in a row ups. So I guess I will not sweat this. But I do
> >> need to get control on the snacking. But I do need to get control on the snacking. But I do
> >> need to get control on the snacking......
> >
> >This is where I fall down on the job too. My basic menu runs around 20-22 points per day and find
> >that my last 6-8 points are "wasted" on junk food
in
> >the evening. I need to find better quality food for points at night. I
think
> >once you have a snacking habit, it is hard to break.
>
> Well, not all my snacking is junk food - I do a lot of dried fruit. In the old days it would have
> been cheese, cheese and chocolate and potato chips along with the fruit. so this is better but I
> need to still get control. I don't know how Skinny Cows rate for nutrition.
> (G)

For some reason I gravitate towards the salty stuff at night for snacks. Not a good thing. We had
bought pretzals for my daughters birthday party and I had been eating them one handful at a time. I
threw the bag away yesterday as it was the only way to stop me from finishing the bag.

Skinny cows are my dessert most nights. The snacking goes on around 8-9pm mostly because I have
points left over. I've started to stop worrying about finishing up my points. I don't need any extra
stress in my life right now.

> >> And now that I made a doc's appt for next week, I will have to fast for 12 hours (checking
> >> total blood cholesterol levels) in the evening
> >> - that should help (G)
> >>
> >> Thanks. Yes, I hope to keep the lifetime books coming and always under goal (fingers crossed)

That's interesting. As I think about it, I guess that I WAS a big salty snack person, including the
chips and cheeses as well as a sweet snacker. But I am not really missing the salty ones now. There
has been a bag of pretzels both downstairs and in a drawer at work and I have not had any for 2-3
weeks. Maybe I have licked that one. Now the sweets are driving me more and maybe that is carbo
addiction??

wrote:

>Gain: 1.2 Current: 158.8

Sorry about the gain Fred, but a huge congrats on being at lifetime for 6 months. That's a huge
achievement :)

--
Erin in NZ
125/89/75 kgs

RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

"It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

just to interrupt here, and say well done. 1/2 a year is an awesome thing.
Life would be wrong if there weren't ups and downs in there, but you're
doing what we're supposed to do - to Maintain - and that's a pretty good
example for us all :)

just don't go getting all complacent on us now...........*grin*

--
krys

UK 157/129.6/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...