RAFL - Fred - Feb 25th

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Fred, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. Fred

    Fred Guest

    No messing around. Actually, NO NOTHING.

    An EXACT MAINTAIN.

    so:

    Current: 158.8

    I'm very good with that. The snacking and that darn Costco Cookie did not add anything, but the
    exercise, the lots of exercise, also did not subtract anything.

    JOYCE - I found Trader Joe's Blueberry bran muffins. Did not have my points calc with me but the
    regular size ones, I noticed are a HALF MUFFIN per serving. I purchased some MINI-ones instead. How
    many points are the muffins or did you mean the mini-muffs?

    Fred
    219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

    Tags:

  2. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    A maintain is good :) I wish we had Trader Joes here... sounds like they have great things. Next
    time I go to the US I 'll take a huge suitcase to bring back all the great food you guys talk about!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.102/212 lbs "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > No messing around. Actually, NO NOTHING.
    >
    > An EXACT MAINTAIN.
    >
    > so:
    >
    > Current: 158.8
    >
    > I'm very good with that. The snacking and that darn Costco Cookie did not add anything, but the
    > exercise, the lots of exercise, also did not subtract anything.
    >
    > JOYCE - I found Trader Joe's Blueberry bran muffins. Did not have my points calc with me but the
    > regular size ones, I noticed are a HALF MUFFIN per serving. I purchased some MINI-ones instead.
    > How many points are the muffins or did you mean the mini-muffs?
    >
    > Fred
    > 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

  3. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    Congrats on the maintain.!! Exactly what we are supposed to be doing. I am
    going to be a little up this week I think, but maybe still under you.. :)

    > No messing around. Actually, NO NOTHING.
    >
    > An EXACT MAINTAIN.
    >
    > so:
    >
    > Current: 158.8
    >
    > I'm very good with that. The snacking and that darn Costco Cookie did not add anything, but the
    > exercise, the lots of exercise, also did not subtract anything.
    >
    > JOYCE - I found Trader Joe's Blueberry bran muffins. Did not have my points calc with me but the
    > regular size ones, I noticed are a HALF MUFFIN per serving. I purchased some MINI-ones instead.
    > How many points are the muffins or did you mean the mini-muffs?
    >
    > Fred
    > 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

  4. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Excellent Fred!!

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/202/155 RAFL 210.5/202/198.5

    Fred wrote:
    > No messing around. Actually, NO NOTHING.
    >
    > An EXACT MAINTAIN.
    >
    > so:
    >
    > Current: 158.8
    >
    > I'm very good with that. The snacking and that darn Costco Cookie did not add anything, but the
    > exercise, the lots of exercise, also did not subtract anything.
    >
    > JOYCE - I found Trader Joe's Blueberry bran muffins. Did not have my points calc with me but the
    > regular size ones, I noticed are a HALF MUFFIN per serving. I purchased some MINI-ones instead.
    > How many points are the muffins or did you mean the mini-muffs?
    >
    > Fred
    > 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

  5. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    Good job Fred!

    Julie "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > No messing around. Actually, NO NOTHING.
    >
    > An EXACT MAINTAIN.
    >
    > so:
    >
    > Current: 158.8
    >
    > I'm very good with that. The snacking and that darn Costco Cookie did not add anything, but the
    > exercise, the lots of exercise, also did not subtract anything.
    >
    > JOYCE - I found Trader Joe's Blueberry bran muffins. Did not have my points calc with me but the
    > regular size ones, I noticed are a HALF MUFFIN per serving. I purchased some MINI-ones instead.
    > How many points are the muffins or did you mean the mini-muffs?
    >
    > Fred
    > 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

  6. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Well, Trader Joes is a point laden place (G)

    But fun and there's a new item each time I show up making it more tempting.

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:07:38 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >A maintain is good :) I wish we had Trader Joes here... sounds like they have great things.
    >Next time I go to the US I 'll take a huge suitcase to bring back all the great food you guys
    >talk about!

  7. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Yeah, only if you play fair and do the same thing (G)

    I am sure that you will be under this week. I raced to the meeting from a full physical so now I
    will finally have some chemistry to see how I'm doing. He did make some comment about me being
    thin enough for him to feel the aorta - never heard that before. But maybe trying to stay
    hydrated raise the weight by an ounce or two (G) While 12 hours of fasting may have lowered it a
    1/2 ounce or so (G)

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:59:58 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Congrats on the maintain.!! Exactly what we are supposed to be doing. I am going to be a little up
    >this week I think, but maybe still under you.. :)
    >
    >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> No messing around. Actually, NO NOTHING.
    >>
    >> An EXACT MAINTAIN.
    >>
    >> so:
    >>
    >> Current: 158.8
    >>
    >> I'm very good with that. The snacking and that darn Costco Cookie did not add anything, but the
    >> exercise, the lots of exercise, also did not subtract anything.
    >>
    >> JOYCE - I found Trader Joe's Blueberry bran muffins. Did not have my points calc with me but the
    >> regular size ones, I noticed are a HALF MUFFIN per serving. I purchased some MINI-ones instead.
    >> How many points are the muffins or did you mean the mini-muffs?
    >>
    >> Fred
    >> 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

  8. For all the talk about snacking, you did exactly what you're supposed to do: MAINTAIN! Maybe all
    that worrying converted to activity points. Anyway, good job. I hope this weekend's adventure goes
    more smoothly than last weekend's.

    As for me, my Pilates machine arrives tomorrow. I can't wait. And if my income tax refund comes as
    expected on Friday, I'm heading to the bike shop on Saturday. Finally. Based solely on what I'm
    reading on the Web site, I'm leaning towards the moderately priced cross-terrain Bianchi Advantage.
    The Twin Cities may be facing a bus strike as early as next week and I'll need some way to get to
    work. With downtown parking rates in the $13-$15/day, I can't afford to drive! I live only 3-5 miles
    from downtown. Daytime temps have been in the 40s; if that keeps up, I should be able to dress
    warmly enough to bike.

    How did I end up talking about myself? Congrats again on this week's precision.

    Prairie Roots

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:43:44 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

    >No messing around. Actually, NO NOTHING.
    >
    >An EXACT MAINTAIN.
    >
    >so:
    >
    >Current: 158.8
    >
    >I'm very good with that. The snacking and that darn Costco Cookie did not add anything, but the
    >exercise, the lots of exercise, also did not subtract anything.
    >
    >JOYCE - I found Trader Joe's Blueberry bran muffins. Did not have my points calc with me but the
    >regular size ones, I noticed are a HALF MUFFIN per serving. I purchased some MINI-ones instead. How
    >many points are the muffins or did you mean the mini-muffs?
    >
    >Fred
    >219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

  9. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Yes, luck - certainly hitting it precisely was not by design. And that is one of the trials of
    Maintenance (G)

    As for _YOU_ (you are permitted to hijack my thread when we get to biking (g))

    What is a pilates machine? Income tax refund - ha! George Bush is burning mine up on his interests
    (have I blown my cover!)

    A cross-bike is probably a good idea - stable, probably heavier tires which are more impervious to
    flats and potholes for that urban commute.

    That, by the way, is a great commute distance, if the roads/routes are bike friendly. Doing that a
    few times a week would give you great exercise, toning and fitness. I ride in the 40's Fahr - not
    bad if clothed right (and for me, electric insoles (g)) You WANT TO BE VISIBLE. Besides picking up
    an orange construction type shield to hang on your back (bike shops have those), bright clothing
    rather than the Autumnal colors in fashion are a must. Not burnt oranges, browns or drab greens!!!

    Okay, back to our regularly scheduled congratulations on Maintenance
    (G)

    And friends suckered me out to dinner right about now, so that half of a half of a pastrami sandwich
    from Mon's lunch is now going to be tomorrow's breakfast!! I ate a half of the half for lunch today.

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:28:13 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:

    >For all the talk about snacking, you did exactly what you're supposed to do: MAINTAIN! Maybe all
    >that worrying converted to activity points. Anyway, good job. I hope this weekend's adventure goes
    >more smoothly than last weekend's.
    >
    >As for me, my Pilates machine arrives tomorrow. I can't wait. And if my income tax refund comes as
    >expected on Friday, I'm heading to the bike shop on Saturday. Finally. Based solely on what I'm
    >reading on the Web site, I'm leaning towards the moderately priced cross-terrain Bianchi Advantage.
    >The Twin Cities may be facing a bus strike as early as next week and I'll need some way to get to
    >work. With downtown parking rates in the $13-$15/day, I can't afford to drive! I live only 3-5
    >miles from downtown. Daytime temps have been in the 40s; if that keeps up, I should be able to
    >dress warmly enough to bike.
    >
    >How did I end up talking about myself? Congrats again on this week's precision.
    >
    >Prairie Roots
    >
    >On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:43:44 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>No messing around. Actually, NO NOTHING.
    >>
    >>An EXACT MAINTAIN.
    >>
    >>so:
    >>
    >>Current: 158.8
    >>
    >>I'm very good with that. The snacking and that darn Costco Cookie did not add anything, but the
    >>exercise, the lots of exercise, also did not subtract anything.
    >>
    >>JOYCE - I found Trader Joe's Blueberry bran muffins. Did not have my points calc with me but the
    >>regular size ones, I noticed are a HALF MUFFIN per serving. I purchased some MINI-ones instead.
    >>How many points are the muffins or did you mean the mini-muffs?
    >>
    >>Fred
    >>219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

  10. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Hey now, that's what I call maintaining!!! Excellent job!

    Yes, you did buy the correct muffins, I double checked the package I have in the fridge. Serving
    size says 1 muffin. I guess they would be considered *mini* - yet to me they seem larger than most
    mini-muffins I see in stores. They are definitely smaller than a regular sized one though.

    I'm plugging slowly along tonite, not sure if I will be able to catch up with everything. I am on
    the stupid slow dial-up, will see how long I survive. I think my dsl modem is fried, but of course I
    get no help or useful information from the tech support guy. All lights (that usually are green) now
    are solid red ... then fade to nothingness. Unplug modem for several minutes, replug in, lights go
    back to red, then fade out. Nada. I tried to ask the character if I could just go out and buy a dsl
    modem and get going again ... his reply was, "oh, you no have no modem?" I gave up, just wasn't
    worth the frustration. So now I await a call back from them as to when they can send a technician
    out to check the modem. <sigh>

    My virus software keeps telling me I have some goofy critical virus. I downloaded the fix program,
    ran it twice, said the virus was not detected on my computer. I'll be darned if the message didn't
    pop up again, stating I have the virus. I am one confused person right now.

    Joyce

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:43:44 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

    >No messing around. Actually, NO NOTHING.
    >
    >An EXACT MAINTAIN.
    >
    >so:
    >
    >Current: 158.8
    >
    >I'm very good with that. The snacking and that darn Costco Cookie did not add anything, but the
    >exercise, the lots of exercise, also did not subtract anything.
    >
    >JOYCE - I found Trader Joe's Blueberry bran muffins. Did not have my points calc with me but the
    >regular size ones, I noticed are a HALF MUFFIN per serving. I purchased some MINI-ones instead. How
    >many points are the muffins or did you mean the mini-muffs?
    >
    >Fred
    >219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

  11. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Yup - MAINTAIN, that's me. Sheer luck.

    I figured you knew the serving size. I grabbed the big ones first. But then caught the
    critical info.

    Sorry about your modem problem. Don't worry about the tech support it will all be that way soon so
    you will not notice it is more terrible - it will ALL BE AWFUL! I had it like that about two weeks
    ago. I had to ask for everything to be repeated. The emphasis was on the wrong syllables.

    Hope you don't have a virus. Hey, idea, why don't you check with that tech guy (I'm atta here!!!)

    Seriously, hope you get it sorted out

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:55:59 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hey now, that's what I call maintaining!!! Excellent job!
    >
    >Yes, you did buy the correct muffins, I double checked the package I have in the fridge. Serving
    >size says 1 muffin. I guess they would be considered *mini* - yet to me they seem larger than most
    >mini-muffins I see in stores. They are definitely smaller than a regular sized one though.
    >
    >I'm plugging slowly along tonite, not sure if I will be able to catch up with everything. I am on
    >the stupid slow dial-up, will see how long I survive. I think my dsl modem is fried, but of course
    >I get no help or useful information from the tech support guy. All lights (that usually are green)
    >now are solid red ... then fade to nothingness. Unplug modem for several minutes, replug in, lights
    >dsl modem and get going again ... his reply was, "oh, you no have no modem?" I gave up, just wasn't
    >worth the frustration. So now I await a call back from them as to when they can send a technician
    >out to check the modem. <sigh>
    >
    >My virus software keeps telling me I have some goofy critical virus. I downloaded the fix program,
    >ran it twice, said the virus was not detected on my computer. I'll be darned if the message didn't
    >pop up again, stating I have the virus. I am one confused person right now.
    >
    >Joyce
    >
    >On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:43:44 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>No messing around. Actually, NO NOTHING.
    >>
    >>An EXACT MAINTAIN.
    >>
    >>so:
    >>
    >>Current: 158.8
    >>
    >>I'm very good with that. The snacking and that darn Costco Cookie did not add anything, but the
    >>exercise, the lots of exercise, also did not subtract anything.
    >>
    >>JOYCE - I found Trader Joe's Blueberry bran muffins. Did not have my points calc with me but the
    >>regular size ones, I noticed are a HALF MUFFIN per serving. I purchased some MINI-ones instead.
    >>How many points are the muffins or did you mean the mini-muffs?
    >>
    >>Fred
    >>219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

  12. Well, if you want to see a picture of the machine I'm getting, you can
    go here:
    http://www.staminasales.com/staminasales/StaminaStore/showproduct.cfm?ProdID=55-5510

    When Joseph Pilates developed his body conditioning method in 1926, he invented a machine on which
    to perform the exercises. Basically, it's an adjustable platform with bands and pulleys for
    resistance. The original machines Pilates used look like torture chambers: old hospital beds with
    straps and odd hanging contraptions. What appeals to me about Pilates is that it combines the mental
    focus of Eastern disciplines such as yoga and tai chi with the Western emphasis on strength and
    stamina. The best part about Pilates is that I can get a great workout and feel completely relaxed
    and at peace afterwards and without breaking into a sweat. It appeals to the lazy person.

    Uncle Sam and Aunt Minnie(sota) were very generous to me this year. Aunt Minnie's buying the Pilates
    machine. Uncle Sam's springing for the bike and stuff for my new kitchen. Bianchi's ad copy for the
    Advantage model says it offers a plush ride with "one of the nicest saddles you’ll ever ride." And
    an upright riding position to boot! These are major selling points for me.

    Hm, I think I need to call the bike shop tomorrow and find out if they have this model in stock.
    Last year I backpedaled on my resolve to become a bikie. But this year, I'm doing it! You can hold
    me to it. My goal is to be able to pedal faster than mosquitoes fly by the time they start hatching
    next week. LOL!

    Thanks for the advice about bright colored clothing. Commuter traffic at dawn and dusk is not bike
    friendly. We do have bike lanes though on some streets.

    Pastrami for breakfast sounds better than pastrami for dinner. I don't mind other people suffering
    my bad breath. But I can't stand heart burn. Apparently you don't have to be concerned about either
    one! If you're able to save half of half sandwiches, no wonder you're doing such a great job of
    maintaining.

    Prairie Roots

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:56:28 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
    >>
    >>How did I end up talking about myself? Congrats again on this week's precision.
    >>
    >>Prairie Roots
    >>
    >>On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:43:44 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>No messing around. Actually, NO NOTHING.
    >>>
    >>>An EXACT MAINTAIN.
    >>>
    >>>so:
    >>>
    >>>Current: 158.8
    >>>
    >>>I'm very good with that. The snacking and that darn Costco Cookie did not add anything, but the
    >>>exercise, the lots of exercise, also did not subtract anything.
    >>>
    >>>JOYCE - I found Trader Joe's Blueberry bran muffins. Did not have my points calc with me but the
    >>>regular size ones, I noticed are a HALF MUFFIN per serving. I purchased some MINI-ones instead.
    >>>How many points are the muffins or did you mean the mini-muffs?
    >>>
    >>>Fred
    >>>219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

  13. Anyone who knows what Anne Garrels, Rudy Maxa, and "We're All Republicans Now" share in common has
    already blown his cover.

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:56:28 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Income tax refund - ha! George Bush is burning mine up on his interests (have I blown my cover!)

    Prairie Roots
    232/161/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  14. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Ugh, I must have had the same guy you did. I couldn't understand him, had to ask him to repeat
    everything. When I asked a question, his answer was always, "someone call 2 to 24 hours" - I swear
    he either didn't understand me or couldn't move past that answer in his book. Life would be so much
    easier if I could just go out and make the modem purchase on my own - but I've never seen a dsl
    modem in a store and this guy didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Yet he laughed
    frequently, so I must have been very entertaining. <G>

    I don't know what I have, or may have, or don't have. Sonny boy says it's a messenger worm,
    something about a hole in windows and getting it patched. So ... 12mb downloaded via the dialup
    (UGH), system now patched and updated, ran the virus scan again and nothing is found. He thinks the
    patch will stop the messages
    - we'll see. He also suggested running the fix one more time, after the patch was installed. Ummmmm,
    W32.Welchia something is the problem report I was getting.

    I'm betting it's sorted out now, and I'm not going to worry about it. If the scan program says I'm
    clean, I'm gonna believe it.

    Joyce

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:46:49 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Yup - MAINTAIN, that's me. Sheer luck.
    >
    >I figured you knew the serving size. I grabbed the big ones first. But then caught the
    >critical info.
    >
    >Sorry about your modem problem. Don't worry about the tech support it will all be that way soon so
    >you will not notice it is more terrible - it will ALL BE AWFUL! I had it like that about two weeks
    >ago. I had to ask for everything to be repeated. The emphasis was on the wrong syllables.
    >
    >Hope you don't have a virus. Hey, idea, why don't you check with that tech guy (I'm atta here!!!)
    >
    >Seriously, hope you get it sorted out
    >
    >On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:55:59 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Hey now, that's what I call maintaining!!! Excellent job!
    >>
    >>Yes, you did buy the correct muffins, I double checked the package I have in the fridge. Serving
    >>size says 1 muffin. I guess they would be considered *mini* - yet to me they seem larger than most
    >>mini-muffins I see in stores. They are definitely smaller than a regular sized one though.
    >>
    >>I'm plugging slowly along tonite, not sure if I will be able to catch up with everything. I am on
    >>the stupid slow dial-up, will see how long I survive. I think my dsl modem is fried, but of course
    >>I get no help or useful information from the tech support guy. All lights (that usually are green)
    >>now are solid red ... then fade to nothingness. Unplug modem for several minutes, replug in,
    >>lights go back to red, then fade out. Nada. I tried to ask the character if I could just go out
    >>and buy a dsl modem and get going again ... his reply was, "oh, you no have no modem?" I gave up,
    >>just wasn't worth the frustration. So now I await a call back from them as to when they can send a
    >>technician out to check the modem. <sigh>
    >>
    >>My virus software keeps telling me I have some goofy critical virus. I downloaded the fix program,
    >>ran it twice, said the virus was not detected on my computer. I'll be darned if the message didn't
    >>pop up again, stating I have the virus. I am one confused person right now.
    >>
    >>Joyce
    >>
    >>On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:43:44 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>No messing around. Actually, NO NOTHING.
    >>>
    >>>An EXACT MAINTAIN.
    >>>
    >>>so:
    >>>
    >>>Current: 158.8
    >>>
    >>>I'm very good with that. The snacking and that darn Costco Cookie did not add anything, but the
    >>>exercise, the lots of exercise, also did not subtract anything.
    >>>
    >>>JOYCE - I found Trader Joe's Blueberry bran muffins. Did not have my points calc with me but the
    >>>regular size ones, I noticed are a HALF MUFFIN per serving. I purchased some MINI-ones instead.
    >>>How many points are the muffins or did you mean the mini-muffs?
    >>>
    >>>Fred
    >>>219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

  15. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Oh, when you first sent the link about THE MACHINE I jumped to BIKE!!! Mentally, that is. Ah, the
    pilates machine. Interesting contraption
    - sort of a cross between a rowing machine and something else.

    I've thought about taking a class but like many other thoughts.....

    We do not have a state income tax so no "gift" of my own money back. And our sales tax is not
    deductible so fireplaces and ovens don't pay any return anymore.

    The bike sounds fine. I've got a commuter bianchi which has not seen light of day in about 2 years -
    maybe once a year or so ago. Drop handlebars but wider knobby tires.

    Just don't take any drivers for granted. They tend to misjudge our speed and try turning RIGHT (as
    in right turn) as you hit the intersection because they thought you were not going to be there yet.
    Upright you are more visible.

    Any local bike clubs? I'm sure there are.

    You are becoming a fitness buff and soon you will be BUFF(G)

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:02:34 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
    >>>that worrying converted to activity points. Anyway, good job. I hope this weekend's adventure
    >>>goes more smoothly than last weekend's.
    >>>
    >>>As for me, my Pilates machine arrives tomorrow. I can't wait. And if my income tax refund comes
    >>>as expected on Friday, I'm heading to the bike shop on Saturday. Finally. Based solely on what
    >>>I'm reading on the Web site, I'm leaning towards the moderately priced cross-terrain Bianchi
    >>>Advantage. The Twin Cities may be facing a bus strike as early as next week and I'll need some
    >>>way to get to work. With downtown parking rates in the $13-$15/day, I can't afford to drive! I
    >>>live only 3-5 miles from downtown. Daytime temps have been in the 40s; if that keeps up, I should
    >>>be able to dress warmly enough to bike.
    >>>
    >>>How did I end up talking about myself? Congrats again on this week's precision.

  16. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Oh you lucky person you, getting tax refunds and being able to actually use them for something FUN!
    Ours are planned to be deposited into the bank ... heard on the news tonite that Greenspan is
    recommending lowering the social security benefits and raising the retirement age (again). Just more
    doom and gloom, I just wish they'd make up their minds. If the system is gonna be broke, then end
    the dang thing and let us stop paying into it ... then maybe we could invest that money into
    something that WE will be able to use for our future. <sigh - rant
    off>

    We do have state income tax here, but refunds amount to next to nothing ... actually, you are
    considered extremely lucky if you don't have to pay for the pleasure of living here. <g> I ran my
    mom's taxes, didn't even have enough income to file fed taxes, yet she owed IL $80 ... go figure.

    The bike sounds like a fun adventure to embark on. I do hope you enjoy it thoroughly .... and
    stay safe!!!

    Joyce

> [...]

    >>>that worrying converted to activity points. Anyway, good job. I hope this weekend's adventure
    >>>goes more smoothly than last weekend's.
    >>>
    >>>As for me, my Pilates machine arrives tomorrow. I can't wait. And if my income tax refund comes
    >>>as expected on Friday, I'm heading to the bike shop on Saturday. Finally. Based solely on what
    >>>I'm reading on the Web site, I'm leaning towards the moderately priced cross-terrain Bianchi
    >>>Advantage. The Twin Cities may be facing a bus strike as early as next week and I'll need some
    >>>way to get to work. With downtown parking rates in the $13-$15/day, I can't afford to drive! I
    >>>live only 3-5 miles from downtown. Daytime temps have been in the 40s; if that keeps up, I should
    >>>be able to dress warmly enough to bike.
    >>>
    >>>How did I end up talking about myself? Congrats again on this week's precision.

  17. a maintain for a maintainer is a wonderful thing, Lee
    Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > No messing around. Actually, NO NOTHING.
    >
    > An EXACT MAINTAIN.
    >
    > so:
    >
    > Current: 158.8
    >
    > I'm very good with that. The snacking and that darn Costco Cookie did not add anything, but the
    > exercise, the lots of exercise, also did not subtract anything.
    >
    > JOYCE - I found Trader Joe's Blueberry bran muffins. Did not have my points calc with me but the
    > regular size ones, I noticed are a HALF MUFFIN per serving. I purchased some MINI-ones instead.
    > How many points are the muffins or did you mean the mini-muffs?
    >
    > Fred
    > 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

  18. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    I er "celebrated" fat tuesday. I just lived too much of my life too close to New Owlands... I think,
    unless some bizarre thing happens tomorrow morning that I am going to come in at around 158.

    > Yeah, only if you play fair and do the same thing (G)
    >
    > I am sure that you will be under this week. I raced to the meeting from a full physical so now I
    > will finally have some chemistry to see how I'm doing. He did make some comment about me being
    > thin enough for him to feel the aorta - never heard that before. But maybe trying to stay hydrated
    > raise the weight by an ounce or two (G) While 12 hours of fasting may have lowered it a 1/2 ounce
    > or so (G)
    >
    > On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:59:58 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Congrats on the maintain.!! Exactly what we are supposed to be doing. I
    am
    > >going to be a little up this week I think, but maybe still under you.. :)
    > >
    > >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> No messing around. Actually, NO NOTHING.
    > >>
    > >> An EXACT MAINTAIN.
    > >>
    > >> so:
    > >>
    > >> Current: 158.8
    > >>
    > >> I'm very good with that. The snacking and that darn Costco Cookie did not add anything, but the
    > >> exercise, the lots of exercise, also did not subtract anything.
    > >>
    > >> JOYCE - I found Trader Joe's Blueberry bran muffins. Did not have my points calc with me but
    > >> the regular size ones, I noticed are a HALF MUFFIN per serving. I purchased some MINI-ones
    > >> instead. How many points are the muffins or did you mean the mini-muffs?
    > >>
    > >> Fred
    > >> 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

  19. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Nice presents <g>

    "Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> [...]
    > >>that worrying converted to activity points. Anyway, good job. I hope this weekend's adventure
    > >>goes more smoothly than last weekend's.
    > >>
    > >>As for me, my Pilates machine arrives tomorrow. I can't wait. And if my income tax refund comes
    > >>as expected on Friday, I'm heading to the bike shop on Saturday. Finally. Based solely on what
    > >>I'm reading on the Web site, I'm leaning towards the moderately priced cross-terrain Bianchi
    > >>Advantage. The Twin Cities may be facing a bus strike as early as next week and I'll need some
    > >>way to get to work. With downtown parking rates in the $13-$15/day, I can't afford to drive! I
    > >>live only 3-5 miles from downtown. Daytime temps have been in the 40s; if that keeps up, I
    > >>should be able to dress warmly enough to bike.
    > >>
    > >>How did I end up talking about myself? Congrats again on this week's precision.

  20. If it's a picture of the Bianchi bike you want to see, here's the
    link: http://www.bianchiusa.com/advantage.html

    Yes there are local bike clubs. I'll check into it at the bike shop I'll be trying first for in-
    stock bikes. They sponsor one of the local bike clubs.

    Good points about right turns. I'll be looking up the streets with bike routes over the weekend.

    The older I get the more I realize how important fitness is to my overall well-being. I want to look
    buff when I'm in the buff. When I'm able to sit straight up from lying down without using my hands
    or turning over to my knees, I'll know I'm on my way to strong abs and back.

    I bet you'd like Pilates. It's not as adventurous as your warrioring, but it's not as mindlessly
    routine as most aerobics. You can't watch TV or read a book while you're doing it. With Pilates, you
    have to think about what you're doing' coordinating your breathing with the contraction and
    relaxation of muscles is important.