RAFL - Fred - Jan 14th

I mentioned it above somewhere. I wonder if we are now treating this too much like DIETS of old. On
a day, off a day, can't quite just do it PERMANENTLY. And yes, I think that while it may be okay to
"lose" it and enjoy the holiday offerings, it is hard to then give up some of the rich foods that
are tasty, comforting, etc. 155 may not be something I can hold even if I got there.

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:21:01 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>It is sure hard to get out of that holiday mode right? I feel like I am struggling down here too. I
>want to get to 155, it is definately possible and achievable for me. I make a decision to journal,
>then I don't do it. Dang. I am even a member of a journaling group, and Still.
>
>"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> I also was much better last season, but have wondered if it was due more
>to the
>> fact that I was still on my way to goal. This year goal had been reached, incentive to maintain
>> is so much different than incentive to continue in
>the
>> losing mode. I also wonder if my body then was still used to the losing
>game - as
>> far as probably requiring more calories than it currently does? Like you
>though,
>> I'm still under goal - just need to get back to practicing those better
>habits and
>> self control.
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:10:31 -0800, Fred <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>>
>> >I guess I was better last season when things were still fresh in mind. I lost over those
>> >holidays. And I know that was was overstuffed this year. But I am still undergoal and felt so
>> >good skiing and biking last weekend that I cannot lose sight of that when I sit down and EAT.
>> >Control, control......
>> >
>> >On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:53:59 GMT, "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >
>> >>Hi Fred,
>> >>
>> >>They say the average person gains 7 lbs over the holidays so don't worry about your gain,
>> >>you're still way under your goal weight. Which I might
>add
>> >>that a 60 lbs loss is AMAZING!!!!
>> >>
>> >>SPOONS Total Loss: 22 lbs
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>> >>berlin.de...
>> >>> maybe she will want to assist in your efforts to lose, Lee Fred <[email protected]>
>> >>> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> >>> > The stage is Lesanne's!!!! (thunderous applause)
>> >>> >
>> >>> > Greek Chorus is cued (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
>> >>> >
>> >>> > UP 1.6 (since the last 3 weeks were guesses, this may still be Christmas/New Years affect
>> >>> > or just terrible eating on-going)
>> >>> >
>> >>> > Current Weight 160.00 (even)
>> >>> >
>> >>> > Too much snacking. Or too much exercise leading to too much muscle
>or
>> >>> > leading to too much snacking (G)
>> >>> >
>> >>> >
>> >>> > Take it away, Texas.......
>> >>> >
>> >>> > Fred
>> >>> > 219.2/160./164.0 (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>
>

Now how can you possibly feel like you are struggling when that weight keeps dipping? <G> But yes,
it is hard to move away from those holiday treats and get back into the habit of journaling. I know
I do better when I journal, almost too good (have noticed I tend to not eat enough when I journal) -
but I also know I can survive if I don't ... kind of double edged sword. I do think the exercise (or
lack thereof) is what has me a bit off track lately - just plain ol' laziness on my part. But I am
working back into it strongly, and happily - and am finding it really does help with the self-
imposed mind games.

Joyce

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:21:01 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>It is sure hard to get out of that holiday mode right? I feel like I am struggling down here too. I
>want to get to 155, it is definately possible and achievable for me. I make a decision to journal,
>then I don't do it. Dang. I am even a member of a journaling group, and Still.
>
>> I also was much better last season, but have wondered if it was due more
>to the
>> fact that I was still on my way to goal. This year goal had been reached, incentive to maintain
>> is so much different than incentive to continue in
>the
>> losing mode. I also wonder if my body then was still used to the losing
>game - as
>> far as probably requiring more calories than it currently does? Like you
>though,
>> I'm still under goal - just need to get back to practicing those better
>habits and
>> self control.
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:10:31 -0800, Fred <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>>
>> >I guess I was better last season when things were still fresh in mind. I lost over those
>> >holidays. And I know that was was overstuffed this year. But I am still undergoal and felt so
>> >good skiing and biking last weekend that I cannot lose sight of that when I sit down and EAT.
>> >Control, control......
>> >
>> >On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:53:59 GMT, "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >
>> >>Hi Fred,
>> >>
>> >>They say the average person gains 7 lbs over the holidays so don't worry about your gain,
>> >>you're still way under your goal weight. Which I might
>add
>> >>that a 60 lbs loss is AMAZING!!!!
>> >>
>> >>SPOONS Total Loss: 22 lbs
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>> >>berlin.de...
>> >>> maybe she will want to assist in your efforts to lose, Lee Fred <[email protected]>
>> >>> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> >>> > The stage is Lesanne's!!!! (thunderous applause)
>> >>> >
>> >>> > Greek Chorus is cued (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
>> >>> >
>> >>> > UP 1.6 (since the last 3 weeks were guesses, this may still be Christmas/New Years affect
>> >>> > or just terrible eating on-going)
>> >>> >
>> >>> > Current Weight 160.00 (even)
>> >>> >
>> >>> > Too much snacking. Or too much exercise leading to too much muscle
>or
>> >>> > leading to too much snacking (G)
>> >>> >
>> >>> >
>> >>> > Take it away, Texas.......
>> >>> >
>> >>> > Fred
>> >>> > 219.2/160./164.0 (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>
>

Guava, grava, grauva - NOT mango! (G) BUT be warned, Stan did not like my taste in kasha and some
may find this one odd, too. One friend did like it - another thought it medicinal!

I have now journaled since Weds. Altho, I really do not know how much gorp or dried fruit I had on
the hike along with a partial powerbar. And the licorice last night well.............

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:07:33 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

>Why can't I remember that? I get in the store, look for guava - can't find it then figure it must
>have been mango. Of course, high fiber mango isn't there either. <G> I'm writing it on the list
>right now - just to make sure I have it right this time.
>
>I journaled to 19 yesterday, 20.5 Friday - and have 17.5 so far today (dinner and evening snacks
>are tentatively logged, will adjust after I eat and know actual quantities). Old point range would
>put me at 18-23 if wanting to lose ... and I am sticking with that to try and get off what appears
>to be added since the holidays. Activity points boost those totals - but I fear I'm still not
>coming close enough. But I'm just not hungry! I may go higher this evening though, roasted turkey
>for dinner, along with stuffing, etc ... but so far through lunch I have only eaten 4.5 points.
><sigh> Exercised before breakfast, which killed the appetite for anything more than fruit. Lunch
>... sandwich, okra pickles (my current fav munchie) and some ff chips added at the last second
>because the soup I fixed was too horrid to eat.
>
>Joyce
>
>On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:56:45 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Actually, it is the grauva that's the high fiber. The mango is not high enough. Journaled to 23
>>points yesterday. 25 the day before - oh, I'm using the old journals and not flex points.
>>
>>On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 03:01:18 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Tomorrow I'm back to journaling - meant to today but didn't quite get around to it. But I did
>>>have a mental journal going - new exactly where I was all day long. I overdid on dinner (made
>>>beef barley soup, light on beef, heavy on veggies) portions, it tasted so good ... but still
>>>points were quite a bit under what I should have had for the day. I still can't find that fiber
>>>laden dried mango. <sigh>
>>>
>>>Joyce
>>>
>>>On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:08:49 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>>Yes, I am still maintaining and decided to throttle things in yesterday including journaling.
>>>>Was okay with a bit too much mango near the end.
>>>>
>>>>On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 01:54:39 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>And yet you still are maintaining, which is what you want to do. Good for you Fred!!! (I think
>>>>>I'm giving myself a pep talk as well)
>>>>>
>>>>>Joyce
>>>>>
>>>>>On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:58:49 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>The stage is Lesanne's!!!! (thunderous applause)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Greek Chorus is cued (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>UP 1.6 (since the last 3 weeks were guesses, this may still be Christmas/New Years affect or
>>>>>>just terrible eating on-going)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Current Weight 160.00 (even)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Too much snacking. Or too much exercise leading to too much muscle or leading to too much
>>>>>>snacking (G)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Take it away, Texas.......
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Fred
>>>>>>219.2/160./164.0 (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

I don't think there IS any more fat on you ...

I think you are Well Done

As in impressively ... Okay, quitting now.

I am journaling today. Even going to put down the 2 chocolate candy pieces I just ate after lunch. 5
points. Worth every point.

"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I mentioned it above somewhere. I wonder if we are now treating this too much like DIETS of old.
> On a day, off a day, can't quite just do it PERMANENTLY. And yes, I think that while it may be
> okay to "lose" it and enjoy the holiday offerings, it is hard to then give up some of the rich
> foods that are tasty, comforting, etc. 155 may not be something I can hold even if I got there.
>
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:21:01 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >It is sure hard to get out of that holiday mode right? I feel like I am struggling down here too.
> >I want to get to 155, it is definately possible and achievable for me. I make a decision to
> >journal, then I don't do it. Dang. I am even a member of a journaling group, and Still.
> >
> >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> I also was much better last season, but have wondered if it was due
more
> >to the
> >> fact that I was still on my way to goal. This year goal had been
reached,
> >> incentive to maintain is so much different than incentive to continue
in
> >the
> >> losing mode. I also wonder if my body then was still used to the
losing
> >game - as
> >> far as probably requiring more calories than it currently does? Like
you
> >though,
> >> I'm still under goal - just need to get back to practicing those better
> >habits and
> >> self control.
> >>
> >> Joyce
> >>
> >> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:10:31 -0800, Fred <[email protected]>
> >wrote:
> >>
> >> >I guess I was better last season when things were still fresh in mind. I lost over those
> >> >holidays. And I know that was was overstuffed this year. But I am still undergoal and felt so
> >> >good skiing and biking last weekend that I cannot lose sight of that when I sit down and EAT.
> >> >Control, control......
> >> >
> >> >On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:53:59 GMT, "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> >
> >> >>Hi Fred,
> >> >>
> >> >>They say the average person gains 7 lbs over the holidays so don't
worry
> >> >>about your gain, you're still way under your goal weight. Which I
might
> >add
> >> >>that a 60 lbs loss is AMAZING!!!!
> >> >>
> >> >>SPOONS Total Loss: 22 lbs
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >>"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> >> >>berlin.de...
> >> >>> maybe she will want to assist in your efforts to lose, Lee Fred <[email protected]>
> >> >>> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> >>> > The stage is Lesanne's!!!! (thunderous applause)
> >> >>> >
> >> >>> > Greek Chorus is cued (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
> >> >>> >
> >> >>> > UP 1.6 (since the last 3 weeks were guesses, this may still be Christmas/New Years affect
> >> >>> > or just terrible eating on-going)
> >> >>> >
> >> >>> > Current Weight 160.00 (even)
> >> >>> >
> >> >>> > Too much snacking. Or too much exercise leading to too much
muscle
> >or
> >> >>> > leading to too much snacking (G)
> >> >>> >
> >> >>> >
> >> >>> > Take it away, Texas.......
> >> >>> >
> >> >>> > Fred
> >> >>> > 219.2/160./164.0 (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002
> >> >>>
> >> >>>
> >> >>
> >>

Oh, cause it has been (on my average) right around 157.5 for six weeks! And I just want to see 155.
Just once. ... . And I could!! if I would quit with the choice of eating a couple of chocolates
every day. Or ice cream (despite being low fat ice cream) Every night. Whine. I am not replacing the
chocolates when they are gone, that difference alone will take those last 2.5 off me ...

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Now how can you possibly feel like you are struggling when that weight
keeps
> dipping? <G> But yes, it is hard to move away from those holiday treats
and get
> back into the habit of journaling. I know I do better when I journal,
almost too
> good (have noticed I tend to not eat enough when I journal) - but I also
know I
> can survive if I don't ... kind of double edged sword. I do think the
exercise
> (or lack thereof) is what has me a bit off track lately - just plain ol'
laziness
> on my part. But I am working back into it strongly, and happily - and am
finding
> it really does help with the self-imposed mind games.
>
> Joyce
>
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:21:01 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >It is sure hard to get out of that holiday mode right? I feel like I am struggling down here too.
> >I want to get to 155, it is definately possible and achievable for me. I make a decision to
> >journal, then I don't do it. Dang. I am even a member of a journaling group, and Still.
> >
> >> I also was much better last season, but have wondered if it was due
more
> >to the
> >> fact that I was still on my way to goal. This year goal had been
reached,
> >> incentive to maintain is so much different than incentive to continue
in
> >the
> >> losing mode. I also wonder if my body then was still used to the
losing
> >game - as
> >> far as probably requiring more calories than it currently does? Like
you
> >though,
> >> I'm still under goal - just need to get back to practicing those better
> >habits and
> >> self control.
> >>
> >> Joyce
> >>
> >> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:10:31 -0800, Fred <[email protected]>
> >wrote:
> >>
> >> >I guess I was better last season when things were still fresh in mind. I lost over those
> >> >holidays. And I know that was was overstuffed this year. But I am still undergoal and felt so
> >> >good skiing and biking last weekend that I cannot lose sight of that when I sit down and EAT.
> >> >Control, control......
> >> >
> >> >On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:53:59 GMT, "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> >
> >> >>Hi Fred,
> >> >>
> >> >>They say the average person gains 7 lbs over the holidays so don't
worry
> >> >>about your gain, you're still way under your goal weight. Which I
might
> >add
> >> >>that a 60 lbs loss is AMAZING!!!!
> >> >>
> >> >>SPOONS Total Loss: 22 lbs
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >>"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> >> >>berlin.de...
> >> >>> maybe she will want to assist in your efforts to lose, Lee Fred <[email protected]>
> >> >>> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> >>> > The stage is Lesanne's!!!! (thunderous applause)
> >> >>> >
> >> >>> > Greek Chorus is cued (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
> >> >>> >
> >> >>> > UP 1.6 (since the last 3 weeks were guesses, this may still be Christmas/New Years affect
> >> >>> > or just terrible eating on-going)
> >> >>> >
> >> >>> > Current Weight 160.00 (even)
> >> >>> >
> >> >>> > Too much snacking. Or too much exercise leading to too much
muscle
> >or
> >> >>> > leading to too much snacking (G)
> >> >>> >
> >> >>> >
> >> >>> > Take it away, Texas.......
> >> >>> >
> >> >>> > Fred
> >> >>> > 219.2/160./164.0 (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002
> >> >>>
> >> >>>
> >> >>
> >>

hehehe - I got it right this time, my local TJ's does not carry any dried guava, grava or grauva. I
settled for another bag of the dried granny smith apple slices, forgot how much I liked them and a
nice change of pace. I looked for kasha also, couldn't find it. Is this something you also purchased
at Trader Joe's? I DID find the oatmeal though, made a batch in the crockpot (now have a huge amount
in the fridge) and found it absolutely wonderful!

I've also journaled faithfully since Friday, as well as making the trek to the basement treadmill.
Water intake has definitely increased as I am making a much more concious effort in that department.
Yeah for us for doing what we know works. From your most recent weight update, the point has been
proven ... I have to wait until Friday to be official - but so far the scale has consistently shown
a downward trend.

Joyce

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:58:29 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>Guava, grava, grauva - NOT mango! (G) BUT be warned, Stan did not like my taste in kasha and some
>may find this one odd, too. One friend did like it - another thought it medicinal!
>
>I have now journaled since Weds. Altho, I really do not know how much gorp or dried fruit I had on
>the hike along with a partial powerbar. And the licorice last night well.............
>
>On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:07:33 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Why can't I remember that? I get in the store, look for guava - can't find it then figure it must
>>have been mango. Of course, high fiber mango isn't there either. <G> I'm writing it on the list
>>right now - just to make sure I have it right this time.
>>
>>I journaled to 19 yesterday, 20.5 Friday - and have 17.5 so far today (dinner and evening snacks
>>are tentatively logged, will adjust after I eat and know actual quantities). Old point range would
>>put me at 18-23 if wanting to lose ... and I am sticking with that to try and get off what appears
>>to be added since the holidays. Activity points boost those totals - but I fear I'm still not
>>coming close enough. But I'm just not hungry! I may go higher this evening though, roasted turkey
>>for dinner, along with stuffing, etc ... but so far through lunch I have only eaten 4.5 points.
>><sigh> Exercised before breakfast, which killed the appetite for anything more than fruit. Lunch
>>... sandwich, okra pickles (my current fav munchie) and some ff chips added at the last second
>>because the soup I fixed was too horrid to eat.
>>
>>Joyce
>>
>>On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:56:45 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Actually, it is the grauva that's the high fiber. The mango is not high enough. Journaled to 23
>>>points yesterday. 25 the day before - oh, I'm using the old journals and not flex points.
>>>
>>>On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 03:01:18 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>>Tomorrow I'm back to journaling - meant to today but didn't quite get around to it. But I did
>>>>have a mental journal going - new exactly where I was all day long. I overdid on dinner (made
>>>>beef barley soup, light on beef, heavy on veggies) portions, it tasted so good ... but still
>>>>points were quite a bit under what I should have had for the day. I still can't find that fiber
>>>>laden dried mango. <sigh>
>>>>
>>>>Joyce
>>>>
>>>>On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:08:49 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>Yes, I am still maintaining and decided to throttle things in yesterday including journaling.
>>>>>Was okay with a bit too much mango near the end.
>>>>>
>>>>>On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 01:54:39 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>And yet you still are maintaining, which is what you want to do. Good for you Fred!!! (I think
>>>>>>I'm giving myself a pep talk as well)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Joyce
>>>>>>
>>>>>>On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:58:49 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>The stage is Lesanne's!!!! (thunderous applause)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Greek Chorus is cued (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>UP 1.6 (since the last 3 weeks were guesses, this may still be Christmas/New Years affect or
>>>>>>>just terrible eating on-going)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Current Weight 160.00 (even)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Too much snacking. Or too much exercise leading to too much muscle or leading to too much
>>>>>>>snacking (G)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Take it away, Texas.......
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Fred
>>>>>>>219.2/160./164.0 (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:27:02 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I don't think there IS any more fat on you ...

Maybe a tad. I do think that WW does not consider muscle/fat but then again, they don't have the
facilities to do that. Maybe I should invest in a full fat/muscle checkup besides finally getting
all of the blood chemistry done - it's been a number of years and nothing since the diet.

>I think you are Well Done

GGGGGGGG. And thanks. Ah, yes, now cooking with gas (the effects of too much crystalized
ginger, I think)

>As in impressively ... Okay, quitting now.

Okay...........

>I am journaling today. Even going to put down the 2 chocolate candy pieces I just ate after lunch.
>5 points. Worth every point.

I have honey nut cheerios and milk (I was surprised they have less fat then regular cherrios). And
because of Natalie, MANGO (when I checked the labels for her)

>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> I mentioned it above somewhere. I wonder if we are now treating this too much like DIETS of old.
>> On a day, off a day, can't quite just do it PERMANENTLY. And yes, I think that while it may be
>> okay to "lose" it and enjoy the holiday offerings, it is hard to then give up some of the rich
>> foods that are tasty, comforting, etc. 155 may not be something I can hold even if I got there.
>>
>> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:21:01 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >It is sure hard to get out of that holiday mode right? I feel like I am struggling down here
>> >too. I want to get to 155, it is definately possible and achievable for me. I make a decision to
>> >journal, then I don't do it. Dang. I am even a member of a journaling group, and Still.
>> >
>> >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> >> I also was much better last season, but have wondered if it was due
>more
>> >to the
>> >> fact that I was still on my way to goal. This year goal had been
>reached,
>> >> incentive to maintain is so much different than incentive to continue
>in
>> >the
>> >> losing mode. I also wonder if my body then was still used to the
>losing
>> >game - as
>> >> far as probably requiring more calories than it currently does? Like
>you
>> >though,
>> >> I'm still under goal - just need to get back to practicing those better
>> >habits and
>> >> self control.
>> >>
>> >> Joyce
>> >>
>> >> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:10:31 -0800, Fred <[email protected]>
>> >wrote:
>> >>
>> >> >I guess I was better last season when things were still fresh in mind. I lost over those
>> >> >holidays. And I know that was was overstuffed this year. But I am still undergoal and felt so
>> >> >good skiing and biking last weekend that I cannot lose sight of that when I sit down and EAT.
>> >> >Control, control......
>> >> >
>> >> >On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:53:59 GMT, "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> >>Hi Fred,
>> >> >>
>> >> >>They say the average person gains 7 lbs over the holidays so don't
>worry
>> >> >>about your gain, you're still way under your goal weight. Which I
>might
>> >add
>> >> >>that a 60 lbs loss is AMAZING!!!!
>> >> >>
>> >> >>SPOONS Total Loss: 22 lbs
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >>"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>> >> >>berlin.de...
>> >> >>> maybe she will want to assist in your efforts to lose, Lee Fred
>> >> >>> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >> >>> news:[email protected]...
>> >> >>> > The stage is Lesanne's!!!! (thunderous applause)
>> >> >>> >
>> >> >>> > Greek Chorus is cued (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
>> >> >>> >
>> >> >>> > UP 1.6 (since the last 3 weeks were guesses, this may still be Christmas/New Years
>> >> >>> > affect or just terrible eating on-going)
>> >> >>> >
>> >> >>> > Current Weight 160.00 (even)
>> >> >>> >
>> >> >>> > Too much snacking. Or too much exercise leading to too much
>muscle
>> >or
>> >> >>> > leading to too much snacking (G)
>> >> >>> >
>> >> >>> >
>> >> >>> > Take it away, Texas.......
>> >> >>> >
>> >> >>> > Fred
>> >> >>> > 219.2/160./164.0 (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>
>> >>
>> >
>

I'm thankful that most of the holiday treats are in unopened boxes. They will be taken into work
this week for other students to enjoy.

"Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Oh, cause it has been (on my average) right around 157.5 for six weeks!
And
> I just want to see 155. Just once. ... . And I could!! if I would quit with the choice of eating a
> couple of chocolates every day. Or ice cream (despite being low fat ice cream) Every night. Whine.
> I am not replacing the chocolates when they are gone, that difference
alone
> will take those last 2.5 off me ...
>
> "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Now how can you possibly feel like you are struggling when that weight
> keeps
> > dipping? <G> But yes, it is hard to move away from those holiday treats
> and get
> > back into the habit of journaling. I know I do better when I journal,
> almost too
> > good (have noticed I tend to not eat enough when I journal) - but I also
> know I
> > can survive if I don't ... kind of double edged sword. I do think the
> exercise
> > (or lack thereof) is what has me a bit off track lately - just plain ol'
> laziness
> > on my part. But I am working back into it strongly, and happily - and
am
> finding
> > it really does help with the self-imposed mind games.
> >
> > Joyce
> >
> > On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:21:01 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> >
> > >It is sure hard to get out of that holiday mode right? I feel like I am struggling down here
> > >too. I want to get to 155, it is definately possible and achievable for me. I make a
> > >decision to
journal,
> > >then I don't do it. Dang. I am even a member of a journaling group,
and
> > >Still.
> > >
> > >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > >> I also was much better last season, but have wondered if it was due
> more
> > >to the
> > >> fact that I was still on my way to goal. This year goal had been
> reached,
> > >> incentive to maintain is so much different than incentive to continue
> in
> > >the
> > >> losing mode. I also wonder if my body then was still used to the
> losing
> > >game - as
> > >> far as probably requiring more calories than it currently does? Like
> you
> > >though,
> > >> I'm still under goal - just need to get back to practicing those
better
> > >habits and
> > >> self control.
> > >>
> > >> Joyce
> > >>
> > >> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:10:31 -0800, Fred <[email protected]>
> > >wrote:
> > >>
> > >> >I guess I was better last season when things were still fresh in
mind.
> > >> >I lost over those holidays. And I know that was was overstuffed
this
> > >> >year. But I am still undergoal and felt so good skiing and biking last weekend that I cannot
> > >> >lose sight of that when I sit down and
EAT.
> > >> >Control, control......
> > >> >
> > >> >On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:53:59 GMT, "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >> >
> > >> >>Hi Fred,
> > >> >>
> > >> >>They say the average person gains 7 lbs over the holidays so don't
> worry
> > >> >>about your gain, you're still way under your goal weight. Which I
> might
> > >add
> > >> >>that a 60 lbs loss is AMAZING!!!!
> > >> >>
> > >> >>SPOONS Total Loss: 22 lbs
> > >> >>
> > >> >>
> > >> >>"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > >> >>berlin.de...
> > >> >>> maybe she will want to assist in your efforts to lose, Lee Fred
> > >> >>> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >> >>> news:[email protected]...
> > >> >>> > The stage is Lesanne's!!!! (thunderous applause)
> > >> >>> >
> > >> >>> > Greek Chorus is cued (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
> > >> >>> >
> > >> >>> > UP 1.6 (since the last 3 weeks were guesses, this may still be Christmas/New Years
> > >> >>> > affect or just terrible eating on-going)
> > >> >>> >
> > >> >>> > Current Weight 160.00 (even)
> > >> >>> >
> > >> >>> > Too much snacking. Or too much exercise leading to too much
> muscle
> > >or
> > >> >>> > leading to too much snacking (G)
> > >> >>> >
> > >> >>> >
> > >> >>> > Take it away, Texas.......
> > >> >>> >
> > >> >>> > Fred
> > >> >>> > 219.2/160./164.0 (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002
> > >> >>>
> > >> >>>
> > >> >>
> > >>
> > >
>

Ok. that makes sense and I do understand. I'm warning ya though, once you see it you aren't going to
be happy unless you can stick around there. I think that's my current problem. I hadn't been unhappy
in the 130-133 zone ... but after seeing that 129 or below a few times, it is distressing to move
back to the 130-133's.

Joyce

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:17:57 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Oh, cause it has been (on my average) right around 157.5 for six weeks! And I just want to see 155.
>Just once. ... . And I could!! if I would quit with the choice of eating a couple of chocolates
>every day. Or ice cream (despite being low fat ice cream) Every night. Whine. I am not replacing
>the chocolates when they are gone, that difference alone will take those last 2.5 off me ...
>
>> Now how can you possibly feel like you are struggling when that weight
>keeps
>> dipping? <G> But yes, it is hard to move away from those holiday treats
>and get
>> back into the habit of journaling. I know I do better when I journal,
>almost too
>> good (have noticed I tend to not eat enough when I journal) - but I also
>know I
>> can survive if I don't ... kind of double edged sword. I do think the
>exercise
>> (or lack thereof) is what has me a bit off track lately - just plain ol'
>laziness
>> on my part. But I am working back into it strongly, and happily - and am
>finding
>> it really does help with the self-imposed mind games.
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>>
>> >It is sure hard to get out of that holiday mode right? I feel like I am struggling down here
>> >too. I want to get to 155, it is definately possible and achievable for me. I make a decision to
>> >journal, then I don't do it. Dang. I am even a member of a journaling group, and Still.
>> >
>more
>> >to the
>reached,
>in
>> >the
>losing
>> >game - as
>you
>> >though,
>> >habits and
>> >> self control.
>> >>
>> >> Joyce
>> >>
>> >wrote:
>> >>
>> >> >I guess I was better last season when things were still fresh in mind. I lost over those
>> >> >holidays. And I know that was was overstuffed this year. But I am still undergoal and felt so
>> >> >good skiing and biking last weekend that I cannot lose sight of that when I sit down and EAT.
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> >>Hi Fred,
>> >> >>
>worry
>might
>> >add
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >>"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>> >> >>berlin.de...
>> >> >>> >
>> >> >>> >
>> >> >>> > UP 1.6 (since the last 3 weeks were guesses, this may still be Christmas/New Years
>> >> >>> >
>> >> >>> >
>muscle
>> >or
>> >> >>> >
>> >> >>> >
>> >> >>> >
>> >> >>> > Fred
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>
>> >>
>> >
>

BUT is giving up some treats what should be done. This last week my leader said to succumb to some
hankerings otherwise you might drive yourself to distraction. Good luck with 155.

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:17:57 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Oh, cause it has been (on my average) right around 157.5 for six weeks! And I just want to see 155.
>Just once. ... . And I could!! if I would quit with the choice of eating a couple of chocolates
>every day. Or ice cream (despite being low fat ice cream) Every night. Whine. I am not replacing
>the chocolates when they are gone, that difference alone will take those last 2.5 off me ...
>
>> Now how can you possibly feel like you are struggling when that weight
>keeps
>> dipping? <G> But yes, it is hard to move away from those holiday treats
>and get
>> back into the habit of journaling. I know I do better when I journal,
>almost too
>> good (have noticed I tend to not eat enough when I journal) - but I also
>know I
>> can survive if I don't ... kind of double edged sword. I do think the
>exercise
>> (or lack thereof) is what has me a bit off track lately - just plain ol'
>laziness
>> on my part. But I am working back into it strongly, and happily - and am
>finding
>> it really does help with the self-imposed mind games.
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>>
>> >
>more
>> >to the
>reached,
>in
>> >the
>losing
>> >game - as
>you
>> >though,
>> >habits and
>> >> self control.
>> >>
>> >> Joyce
>> >>
>> >wrote:
>> >>
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> >>Hi Fred,
>> >> >>
>worry
>might
>> >add
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >>berlin.de...
>> >> >>> >
>> >> >>> >
>> >> >>> >
>> >> >>> >
>muscle
>> >or
>> >> >>> >
>> >> >>> >
>> >> >>> >
>> >> >>> > Fred
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>
>> >>
>> >
>

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 23:43:57 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

>hehehe - I got it right this time, my local TJ's does not carry any dried guava, grava or grauva. I
>settled for another bag of the dried granny smith apple slices, forgot how much I liked them and a
>nice change of pace. I looked for kasha also, couldn't find it. Is this something you also
>purchased at Trader Joe's? I DID find the oatmeal though, made a batch in the crockpot (now have a
>huge amount in the fridge) and found it absolutely wonderful!

They do have different items in their different locales. No, kasha can be hand at some local markets
with rice or couscous or probably health food stores. Also known as buckwheat groats. Glad you liked
the oatmeal. It is good stuff - sticks to ribs and it heart-healhty. And I eat it with just
milk/soymilk without any additional sweetening most times. Sometimes raisins.

>I've also journaled faithfully since Friday, as well as making the trek to the basement treadmill.
>Water intake has definitely increased as I am making a much more concious effort in that
>department. Yeah for us for doing what we know works. From your most recent weight update, the
>point has been proven ... I have to wait until Friday to be official - but so far the scale has
>consistently shown a downward trend.

It works when we work - simple. Tonight I probably reacted to the good results and ate too much
candy and then some Trader Joe gorp (sigh)

>Joyce
>
>On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:58:29 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Guava, grava, grauva - NOT mango! (G) BUT be warned, Stan did not like my taste in kasha and some
>>may find this one odd, too. One friend did like it - another thought it medicinal!
>>
>>I have now journaled since Weds. Altho, I really do not know how much gorp or dried fruit I had on
>>the hike along with a partial powerbar. And the licorice last night well.............
>>
>>On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:07:33 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Why can't I remember that? I get in the store, look for guava - can't find it then figure it must
>>>have been mango. Of course, high fiber mango isn't there either. <G> I'm writing it on the list
>>>right now - just to make sure I have it right this time.
>>>
>>>I journaled to 19 yesterday, 20.5 Friday - and have 17.5 so far today (dinner and evening snacks
>>>are tentatively logged, will adjust after I eat and know actual quantities). Old point range
>>>would put me at 18-23 if wanting to lose ... and I am sticking with that to try and get off what
>>>appears to be added since the holidays. Activity points boost those totals - but I fear I'm still
>>>not coming close enough. But I'm just not hungry! I may go higher this evening though, roasted
>>>turkey for dinner, along with stuffing, etc ... but so far through lunch I have only eaten 4.5
>>>points. <sigh> Exercised before breakfast, which killed the appetite for anything more than
>>>fruit. Lunch ... sandwich, okra pickles (my current fav munchie) and some ff chips added at the
>>>last second because the soup I fixed was too horrid to eat.
>>>
>>>Joyce
>>>
>>>On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:56:45 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>>Actually, it is the grauva that's the high fiber. The mango is not high enough. Journaled to 23
>>>>points yesterday. 25 the day before - oh, I'm using the old journals and not flex points.
>>>>
>>>>On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 03:01:18 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>Tomorrow I'm back to journaling - meant to today but didn't quite get around to it. But I did
>>>>>have a mental journal going - new exactly where I was all day long. I overdid on dinner (made
>>>>>beef barley soup, light on beef, heavy on veggies) portions, it tasted so good ... but still
>>>>>points were quite a bit under what I should have had for the day. I still can't find that fiber
>>>>>laden dried mango. <sigh>
>>>>>
>>>>>Joyce
>>>>>
>>>>>On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:08:49 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>Yes, I am still maintaining and decided to throttle things in yesterday including journaling.
>>>>>>Was okay with a bit too much mango near the end.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 01:54:39 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>And yet you still are maintaining, which is what you want to do. Good for you Fred!!! (I
>>>>>>>think I'm giving myself a pep talk as well)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Joyce
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:58:49 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>The stage is Lesanne's!!!! (thunderous applause)
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>Greek Chorus is cued (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>UP 1.6 (since the last 3 weeks were guesses, this may still be Christmas/New Years affect or
>>>>>>>>just terrible eating on-going)
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>Current Weight 160.00 (even)
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>Too much snacking. Or too much exercise leading to too much muscle or leading to too much
>>>>>>>>snacking (G)
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>Take it away, Texas.......
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>Fred
>>>>>>>>219.2/160./164.0 (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

I have some muscle. And some extra skin too. But truly I think that when those people on the extreme
makeovers and such, who had 10 pounds of skin removed, after losses like mine had some fat removed
with it. Many places on me, the skin is loose, but with no fat under it, or not much, it is very
very thin, and could not possibly weigh very much. I still have a bit of actual fat on the back of
my upper arms, and on my hips, and of course on the boobilishous area. I still am top heavy. I can
take off a few more. Not a lot though. An interesting thing. Before I lost that last bit? I had some
kind of hangy skin under my chin. When the fat left there the skin is making a valiant effort to
cling to the tissue under there and the hangy is much less apparent. That is also happening on my
abdomen. I can actually see hints of stomach muscles on my upper abdomen, under the cute little
wrinkles (looks like crepe). I decided to think of it as cute, keeps me happy.

>
>
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:27:02 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I don't think there IS any more fat on you ...
>
> Maybe a tad. I do think that WW does not consider muscle/fat but then again, they don't have the
> facilities to do that. Maybe I should invest in a full fat/muscle checkup besides finally getting
> all of the blood chemistry done - it's been a number of years and nothing since the diet.
>
> >I think you are Well Done
>
> GGGGGGGG. And thanks. Ah, yes, now cooking with gas (the effects of too much crystalized ginger,
> I think)
>
> >As in impressively ... Okay, quitting now.
>
> Okay...........
>
> >I am journaling today. Even going to put down the 2 chocolate candy
pieces
> >I just ate after lunch. 5 points. Worth every point.
>
> I have honey nut cheerios and milk (I was surprised they have less fat then regular cherrios). And
> because of Natalie, MANGO (when I checked the labels for her)
>
> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> I mentioned it above somewhere. I wonder if we are now treating this too much like DIETS of
> >> old. On a day, off a day, can't quite just do it PERMANENTLY. And yes, I think that while it
> >> may be okay to "lose" it and enjoy the holiday offerings, it is hard to then give up some of
> >> the rich foods that are tasty, comforting, etc. 155 may not be something I can hold even if I
> >> got there.
> >>
> >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:21:01 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >> >It is sure hard to get out of that holiday mode right? I feel like I am struggling down here
> >> >too. I want to get to 155, it
is
> >> >definately possible and achievable for me. I make a decision to
journal,
> >> >then I don't do it. Dang. I am even a member of a journaling group,
and
> >> >Still.
> >> >
> >> >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> >> I also was much better last season, but have wondered if it was due
> >more
> >> >to the
> >> >> fact that I was still on my way to goal. This year goal had been
> >reached,
> >> >> incentive to maintain is so much different than incentive to
continue
> >in
> >> >the
> >> >> losing mode. I also wonder if my body then was still used to the
> >losing
> >> >game - as
> >> >> far as probably requiring more calories than it currently does?
> >you
> >> >though,
> >> >> I'm still under goal - just need to get back to practicing those
better
> >> >habits and
> >> >> self control.
> >> >>
> >> >> Joyce
> >> >>
> >> >> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:10:31 -0800, Fred <[email protected]>
> >> >wrote:
> >> >>
> >> >> >I guess I was better last season when things were still fresh in
mind.
> >> >> >I lost over those holidays. And I know that was was overstuffed
this
> >> >> >year. But I am still undergoal and felt so good skiing and biking last weekend that I
> >> >> >cannot lose sight of that when I sit down and
EAT.
> >> >> >Control, control......
> >> >> >
> >> >> >On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:53:59 GMT, "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> >> >
> >> >> >>Hi Fred,
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >>They say the average person gains 7 lbs over the holidays so don't
> >worry
> >> >> >>about your gain, you're still way under your goal weight. Which I
> >might
> >> >add
> >> >> >>that a 60 lbs loss is AMAZING!!!!
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >>SPOONS Total Loss: 22 lbs
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >>"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> >> >> >>berlin.de...
> >> >> >>> maybe she will want to assist in your efforts to lose, Lee Fred
> >> >> >>> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> >> >>> news:[email protected]...
> >> >> >>> > The stage is Lesanne's!!!! (thunderous applause)
> >> >> >>> >
> >> >> >>> > Greek Chorus is cued (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
> >> >> >>> >
> >> >> >>> > UP 1.6 (since the last 3 weeks were guesses, this may still
be
> >> >> >>> > Christmas/New Years affect or just terrible eating on-going)
> >> >> >>> >
> >> >> >>> > Current Weight 160.00 (even)
> >> >> >>> >
> >> >> >>> > Too much snacking. Or too much exercise leading to too much
> >muscle
> >> >or
> >> >> >>> > leading to too much snacking (G)
> >> >> >>> >
> >> >> >>> >
> >> >> >>> > Take it away, Texas.......
> >> >> >>> >
> >> >> >>> > Fred
> >> >> >>> > 219.2/160./164.0 (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002
> >> >> >>>
> >> >> >>>
> >> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >
> >>

yeah, I am sure you are right. Not a problem though, I bet I am back to 158 or worse in the
morning....

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Ok. that makes sense and I do understand. I'm warning ya though, once you
see it
> you aren't going to be happy unless you can stick around there. I think
that's my
> current problem. I hadn't been unhappy in the 130-133 zone ... but after
seeing
> that 129 or below a few times, it is distressing to move back to the
130-133's.
>
> Joyce
>
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:17:57 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Oh, cause it has been (on my average) right around 157.5 for six weeks!
And
> >I just want to see 155. Just once. ... . And I could!! if I would
quit
> >with the choice of eating a couple of chocolates every day. Or ice cream (despite being low fat
> >ice cream) Every night. Whine. I am not replacing the chocolates when they are gone, that
> >difference
alone
> >will take those last 2.5 off me ...
> >
> >> Now how can you possibly feel like you are struggling when that weight
> >keeps
> >> dipping? <G> But yes, it is hard to move away from those holiday
treats
> >and get
> >> back into the habit of journaling. I know I do better when I journal,
> >almost too
> >> good (have noticed I tend to not eat enough when I journal) - but I
also
> >know I
> >> can survive if I don't ... kind of double edged sword. I do think the
> >exercise
> >> (or lack thereof) is what has me a bit off track lately - just plain
ol'
> >laziness
> >> on my part. But I am working back into it strongly, and happily - and
am
> >finding
> >> it really does help with the self-imposed mind games.
> >>
> >> Joyce
> >>
> >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:21:01 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> >>
> >> >It is sure hard to get out of that holiday mode right? I feel like I am struggling down here
is
journal,
and
> >> >Still.
> >> >
> >more
> >> >to the
> >reached,
continue
> >in
> >> >the
> >losing
> >> >game - as
> >you
> >> >though,
better
> >> >habits and
> >> >> self control.
> >> >>
> >> >> Joyce
> >> >>
> >> >wrote:
> >> >>
mind.
this
> >> >> >year. But I am still undergoal and felt so good skiing and biking last weekend that I
EAT.
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >> >>Hi Fred,
> >> >> >>
> >worry
> >might
> >> >add
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >>"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> >> >> >>berlin.de...
> >> >> >>> >
> >> >> >>> >
be
> >> >> >>> >
> >> >> >>> >
> >muscle
> >> >or
> >> >> >>> >
> >> >> >>> >
> >> >> >>> >
> >> >> >>> > Fred
> >> >> >>>
> >> >> >>>
> >> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >
> >>

yeah. SOME treats. Not every day. I just purged the house. Took all the sugary stuff next door.
Gone. Tomorrow I work on 155.

> BUT is giving up some treats what should be done. This last week my leader said to succumb to some
> hankerings otherwise you might drive yourself to distraction. Good luck with 155.
>
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:17:57 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Oh, cause it has been (on my average) right around 157.5 for six weeks!
And
> >I just want to see 155. Just once. ... . And I could!! if I would
quit
> >with the choice of eating a couple of chocolates every day. Or ice cream (despite being low fat
> >ice cream) Every night. Whine. I am not replacing the chocolates when they are gone, that
> >difference
alone
> >will take those last 2.5 off me ...
> >
> >> Now how can you possibly feel like you are struggling when that weight
> >keeps
> >> dipping? <G> But yes, it is hard to move away from those holiday
treats
> >and get
> >> back into the habit of journaling. I know I do better when I journal,
> >almost too
> >> good (have noticed I tend to not eat enough when I journal) - but I
also
> >know I
> >> can survive if I don't ... kind of double edged sword. I do think the
> >exercise
> >> (or lack thereof) is what has me a bit off track lately - just plain
ol'
> >laziness
> >> on my part. But I am working back into it strongly, and happily - and
am
> >finding
> >> it really does help with the self-imposed mind games.
> >>
> >> Joyce
> >>
> >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:21:01 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> >>
is
journal,
and
> >> >Still.
> >> >
> >more
> >> >to the
> >reached,
continue
> >in
> >> >the
> >losing
> >> >game - as
> >you
> >> >though,
better
> >> >habits and
> >> >> self control.
> >> >>
> >> >> Joyce
> >> >>
> >> >wrote:
> >> >>
mind.
this
EAT.
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >> >>Hi Fred,
> >> >> >>
> >worry
> >might
> >> >add
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >>berlin.de...
> >> >> >>> >
> >> >> >>> >
be
> >> >> >>> >
> >> >> >>> >
> >muscle
> >> >or
> >> >> >>> >
> >> >> >>> >
> >> >> >>> >
> >> >> >>> > Fred
> >> >> >>>
> >> >> >>>
> >> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >
> >>

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 22:40:12 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>
>On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 23:43:57 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>hehehe - I got it right this time, my local TJ's does not carry any dried guava, grava or grauva.
>>I settled for another bag of the dried granny smith apple slices, forgot how much I liked them and
>>a nice change of pace. I looked for kasha also, couldn't find it. Is this something you also
>>purchased at Trader Joe's? I DID find the oatmeal though, made a batch in the crockpot (now have a
>>huge amount in the fridge) and found it absolutely wonderful!
>
>They do have different items in their different locales. No, kasha can be hand at some local
>markets with rice or couscous or probably health food stores. Also known as buckwheat groats. Glad
>you liked the oatmeal. It is good stuff - sticks to ribs and it heart-healhty. And I eat it with
>just milk/soymilk without any additional sweetening most times. Sometimes raisins.

Ok, I'll look for kasha when I'm in and out of the groceries. I don't have a health food store
around me - at least not one I'm aware of. I did buy a box of whole wheat couscous the other day -
lots of fiber in it which should bring the points down ... at least by 1. <G> I don't add any sugar
to my oatmeal either, but have only eaten those *add water to cup* ones. The McCanns came out to the
same consistency (which was what I had hoped for). I doubt I would add anything other than a little
bit of milk, maybe some cinnamon (cuz I love the stuff). Oh - forgot to tell you ... I looked closer
at the can when at home. On one side it says Steel Cut Oatmeal - with the Oatmeal in huge letters.
Then when I spun it a little more it says Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal - with the Irish Oatmeal in those
huge letters. Must be where my confusion came into play the first time at the store. The cans were
sitting next to each other, but with one displayed differently, I thought they were different
products. Silly me!

>>I've also journaled faithfully since Friday, as well as making the trek to the basement treadmill.
>>Water intake has definitely increased as I am making a much more concious effort in that
>>department. Yeah for us for doing what we know works. From your most recent weight update, the
>>point has been proven ... I have to wait until Friday to be official - but so far the scale has
>>consistently shown a downward trend.
>
>It works when we work - simple. Tonight I probably reacted to the good results and ate too much
>candy and then some Trader Joe gorp (sigh)

hehehe - I think we all do that. If we're gonna splurge, it's gonna be AFTER we weigh in. Tonite I'm
happily munching away on one points worth of dried apple rings. They take me forever to eat. <G>

Joyce

Crepe, huh (G) Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay (G)

I "only" lost 60 and had/have less to skin to shrink, I guess. I still have a modest spare tire. But
I no longer look like I'm in my 18th month!!!!!!! (G) And I have also lost my "boobilishous" look,
too. My friend, just today, mentioned extreme makeover while biking. I've never watched it - I did
see an Oprah "results" show a week or so ago.

I do recall thinking that maybe liposuction would be a good way to get rid of the fat cells which
still want to be "fed" but who knows.

At the moment, natural processes appear to be working fine.

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:44:14 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I have some muscle. And some extra skin too. But truly I think that when those people on the
>extreme makeovers and such, who had 10 pounds of skin removed, after losses like mine had some fat
>removed with it. Many places on me, the skin is loose, but with no fat under it, or not much, it is
>very very thin, and could not possibly weigh very much. I still have a bit of actual fat on the
>back of my upper arms, and on my hips, and of course on the boobilishous area. I still am top
>heavy. I can take off a few more. Not a lot though. An interesting thing. Before I lost that last
>bit? I had some kind of hangy skin under my chin. When the fat left there the skin is making a
>valiant effort to cling to the tissue under there and the hangy is much less apparent. That is also
>happening on my abdomen. I can actually see hints of stomach muscles on my upper abdomen, under the
>cute little wrinkles (looks like crepe). I decided to think of it as cute, keeps me happy.
>
>
>
>
>>
>>
>> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:27:02 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >I don't think there IS any more fat on you ...
>>
>> Maybe a tad. I do think that WW does not consider muscle/fat but then again, they don't have the
>> facilities to do that. Maybe I should invest in a full fat/muscle checkup besides finally getting
>> all of the blood chemistry done - it's been a number of years and nothing since the diet.
>>
>> >I think you are Well Done
>>
>> GGGGGGGG. And thanks. Ah, yes, now cooking with gas (the effects of too much crystalized ginger,
>> I think)
>>
>> >As in impressively ... Okay, quitting now.
>>
>> Okay...........
>>
>> >I am journaling today. Even going to put down the 2 chocolate candy
>pieces
>> >I just ate after lunch. 5 points. Worth every point.
>>
>> I have honey nut cheerios and milk (I was surprised they have less fat then regular cherrios).
>> And because of Natalie, MANGO (when I checked the labels for her)
>>
>> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >news:[email protected]...
>> >> I mentioned it above somewhere. I wonder if we are now treating this too much like DIETS of
>> >> old. On a day, off a day, can't quite just do it PERMANENTLY. And yes, I think that while it
>> >> may be okay to "lose" it and enjoy the holiday offerings, it is hard to then give up some of
>> >> the rich foods that are tasty, comforting, etc. 155 may not be something I can hold even if I
>> >> got there.
>> >>
>> >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:21:01 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >>
>> >> >It is sure hard to get out of that holiday mode right? I feel like I am struggling down here
>> >> >too. I want to get to 155, it
>is
>> >> >definately possible and achievable for me. I make a decision to
>journal,
>> >> >then I don't do it. Dang. I am even a member of a journaling group,
>and
>> >> >Still.
>> >> >
>> >> >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> >> >> I also was much better last season, but have wondered if it was due
>> >more
>> >> >to the
>> >> >> fact that I was still on my way to goal. This year goal had been
>> >reached,
>> >> >> incentive to maintain is so much different than incentive to
>continue
>> >in
>> >> >the
>> >> >> losing mode. I also wonder if my body then was still used to the
>> >losing
>> >> >game - as
>> >> >> far as probably requiring more calories than it currently does?
>Like
>> >you
>> >> >though,
>> >> >> I'm still under goal - just need to get back to practicing those
>better
>> >> >habits and
>> >> >> self control.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Joyce
>> >> >>
>> >> >> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:10:31 -0800, Fred <[email protected]>
>> >> >wrote:
>> >> >>
>> >> >> >I guess I was better last season when things were still fresh in
>mind.
>> >> >> >I lost over those holidays. And I know that was was overstuffed
>this
>> >> >> >year. But I am still undergoal and felt so good skiing and biking last weekend that I
>> >> >> >cannot lose sight of that when I sit down and
>EAT.
>> >> >> >Control, control......
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> >On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:53:59 GMT, "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> >>Hi Fred,
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >>They say the average person gains 7 lbs over the holidays so don't
>> >worry
>> >> >> >>about your gain, you're still way under your goal weight. Which I
>> >might
>> >> >add
>> >> >> >>that a 60 lbs loss is AMAZING!!!!
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >>SPOONS Total Loss: 22 lbs
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >>"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>> >> >> >>berlin.de...
>> >> >> >>> maybe she will want to assist in your efforts to lose, Lee Fred
>> >> >> >>> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >> >> >>> news:[email protected]...
>> >> >> >>> > The stage is Lesanne's!!!! (thunderous applause)
>> >> >> >>> >
>> >> >> >>> > Greek Chorus is cued (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
>> >> >> >>> >
>> >> >> >>> > UP 1.6 (since the last 3 weeks were guesses, this may still
>be
>> >> >> >>> > Christmas/New Years affect or just terrible eating on-going)
>> >> >> >>> >
>> >> >> >>> > Current Weight 160.00 (even)
>> >> >> >>> >
>> >> >> >>> > Too much snacking. Or too much exercise leading to too much
>> >muscle
>> >> >or
>> >> >> >>> > leading to too much snacking (G)
>> >> >> >>> >
>> >> >> >>> >
>> >> >> >>> > Take it away, Texas.......
>> >> >> >>> >
>> >> >> >>> > Fred
>> >> >> >>> > 219.2/160./164.0 (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002
>> >> >> >>>
>> >> >> >>>
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >
>

I like that, its your body and you can think of it any way you like, the
best thing about getting healthier is it is not just getting physically
healthy, that part seems to help in the head department, Lee
Lesanne <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I have some muscle. And some extra skin too. But truly I think that when those people on the
> extreme makeovers and such, who had 10 pounds of skin removed, after losses like mine had some
> fat removed with it. Many places on me, the skin is loose, but with no fat under it, or not
> much, it is
very
> very thin, and could not possibly weigh very much. I still have a bit of actual fat on the back of
> my upper arms, and on my hips, and of course on the boobilishous area. I still am top heavy. I can
> take off a few more. Not a lot though. An interesting thing. Before I lost that last bit? I had
> some kind of hangy skin under my chin. When the fat left there the
skin
> is making a valiant effort to cling to the tissue under there and the
hangy
> is much less apparent. That is also happening on my abdomen. I can actually see hints of stomach
> muscles on my upper abdomen, under the cute little wrinkles (looks like crepe). I decided to think
> of it as cute, keeps me happy.
>
>
>
>
> "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> >
> > On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:27:02 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >I don't think there IS any more fat on you ...
> >
> > Maybe a tad. I do think that WW does not consider muscle/fat but then again, they don't have
> > the facilities to do that. Maybe I should invest in a full fat/muscle checkup besides
> > finally getting all of the blood chemistry done - it's been a number of years and nothing
> > since the diet.
> >
> > >I think you are Well Done
> >
> > GGGGGGGG. And thanks. Ah, yes, now cooking with gas (the effects of too much crystalized ginger,
> > I think)
> >
> > >As in impressively ... Okay, quitting now.
> >
> > Okay...........
> >
> > >I am journaling today. Even going to put down the 2 chocolate candy
> pieces
> > >I just ate after lunch. 5 points. Worth every point.
> >
> > I have honey nut cheerios and milk (I was surprised they have less fat then regular cherrios).
> > And because of Natalie, MANGO (when I checked the labels for her)
> >
> > >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >news:[email protected]...
> > >> I mentioned it above somewhere. I wonder if we are now treating this too much like DIETS of
> > >> old. On a day, off a day, can't quite just do it PERMANENTLY. And yes, I think that while it
> > >> may be okay to "lose" it and enjoy the holiday offerings, it is hard to then give up some
of
> > >> the rich foods that are tasty, comforting, etc. 155 may not be something I can hold even if I
> > >> got there.
> > >>
> > >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:21:01 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >>
> > >> >It is sure hard to get out of that holiday mode right? I feel like I am struggling down here
> > >> >too. I want to get to 155, it
> is
> > >> >definately possible and achievable for me. I make a decision to
> journal,
> > >> >then I don't do it. Dang. I am even a member of a journaling
group,
> and
> > >> >Still.
> > >> >
> > >> >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > >> >> I also was much better last season, but have wondered if it was
due
> > >more
> > >> >to the
> > >> >> fact that I was still on my way to goal. This year goal had been
> > >reached,
> > >> >> incentive to maintain is so much different than incentive to
> continue
> > >in
> > >> >the
> > >> >> losing mode. I also wonder if my body then was still used to the
> > >losing
> > >> >game - as
> > >> >> far as probably requiring more calories than it currently does?
> Like
> > >you
> > >> >though,
> > >> >> I'm still under goal - just need to get back to practicing those
> better
> > >> >habits and
> > >> >> self control.
> > >> >>
> > >> >> Joyce
> > >> >>
> > >> >> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:10:31 -0800, Fred
<[email protected]>
> > >> >wrote:
> > >> >>
> > >> >> >I guess I was better last season when things were still fresh in
> mind.
> > >> >> >I lost over those holidays. And I know that was was overstuffed
> this
> > >> >> >year. But I am still undergoal and felt so good skiing and
biking
> > >> >> >last weekend that I cannot lose sight of that when I sit down and
> EAT.
> > >> >> >Control, control......
> > >> >> >
> > >> >> >On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:53:59 GMT, "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >> >> >
> > >> >> >>Hi Fred,
> > >> >> >>
> > >> >> >>They say the average person gains 7 lbs over the holidays so
don't
> > >worry
> > >> >> >>about your gain, you're still way under your goal weight. Which
I
> > >might
> > >> >add
> > >> >> >>that a 60 lbs loss is AMAZING!!!!
> > >> >> >>
> > >> >> >>SPOONS Total Loss: 22 lbs
> > >> >> >>
> > >> >> >>
> > >> >> >>"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > >> >> >>berlin.de...
> > >> >> >>> maybe she will want to assist in your efforts to lose, Lee Fred
> > >> >> >>> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >> >> >>> news:[email protected]...
> > >> >> >>> > The stage is Lesanne's!!!! (thunderous applause)
> > >> >> >>> >
> > >> >> >>> > Greek Chorus is cued (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
> > >> >> >>> >
> > >> >> >>> > UP 1.6 (since the last 3 weeks were guesses, this may still
> be
> > >> >> >>> > Christmas/New Years affect or just terrible eating on-going)
> > >> >> >>> >
> > >> >> >>> > Current Weight 160.00 (even)
> > >> >> >>> >
> > >> >> >>> > Too much snacking. Or too much exercise leading to too much
> > >muscle
> > >> >or
> > >> >> >>> > leading to too much snacking (G)
> > >> >> >>> >
> > >> >> >>> >
> > >> >> >>> > Take it away, Texas.......
> > >> >> >>> >
> > >> >> >>> > Fred
> > >> >> >>> > 219.2/160./164.0 (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002
> > >> >> >>>
> > >> >> >>>
> > >> >> >>
> > >> >>
> > >> >
> > >>
> > >
>

Fanatic! (G)

Who lives next door?

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:06:51 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>yeah. SOME treats. Not every day. I just purged the house. Took all the sugary stuff next door.
>Gone. Tomorrow I work on 155.
>
>> BUT is giving up some treats what should be done. This last week my leader said to succumb to
>> some hankerings otherwise you might drive yourself to distraction. Good luck with 155.
>>
>> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:17:57 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Oh, cause it has been (on my average) right around 157.5 for six weeks!
>And
>> >I just want to see 155. Just once. ... . And I could!! if I would
>quit
>> >with the choice of eating a couple of chocolates every day. Or ice cream (despite being low fat
>> >ice cream) Every night. Whine. I am not replacing the chocolates when they are gone, that
>> >difference
>alone
>> >will take those last 2.5 off me ...
>> >
>> >> Now how can you possibly feel like you are struggling when that weight
>> >keeps
>> >> dipping? <G> But yes, it is hard to move away from those holiday
>treats
>> >and get
>> >> back into the habit of journaling. I know I do better when I journal,
>> >almost too
>> >> good (have noticed I tend to not eat enough when I journal) - but I
>also
>> >know I
>> >> can survive if I don't ... kind of double edged sword. I do think the
>> >exercise
>> >> (or lack thereof) is what has me a bit off track lately - just plain
>ol'
>> >laziness
>> >> on my part. But I am working back into it strongly, and happily - and
>am
>> >finding
>> >> it really does help with the self-imposed mind games.
>> >>
>> >> Joyce
>> >>
>> >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:21:01 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>> >>
>> >> >It is sure hard to get out of that holiday mode right? I feel like I am struggling down here
>is
>journal,
>and
>> >> >Still.
>> >> >
>> >more
>> >> >to the
>> >reached,
>continue
>> >in
>> >> >the
>> >losing
>> >> >game - as
>Like
>> >you
>> >> >though,
>better
>> >> >habits and
>> >> >> self control.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Joyce
>> >> >>
>> >> >wrote:
>> >> >>
>mind.
>this
>> >> >> >year. But I am still undergoal and felt so good skiing and biking last weekend that I
>EAT.
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> >>Hi Fred,
>> >> >> >>
>> >worry
>> >might
>> >> >add
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >>"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>> >> >> >>berlin.de...
>> >> >> >>> >
>> >> >> >>> >
>be
>> >> >> >>> >
>> >> >> >>> >
>> >muscle
>> >> >or
>> >> >> >>> >
>> >> >> >>> >
>> >> >> >>> >
>> >> >> >>> > Fred
>> >> >> >>>
>> >> >> >>>
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >
>

hehehe, and down again the next day. I swear it's another one of those head games we play with
ourselves. Admittedly, I am guilty of the same. I'm feeling so much better this week - seeing the
scale continually move downwards. And today I dragged out a pair of sweatpants from last year, size
womens medium. They have no elastic waist, are drawstring. Last year they fit great, but I didn't
have to tie the string to keep them at my waist area (much easier this way when running constantly
to the potty). Today ... dang things won't stay up. I don't ever remember needing a size small!

Joyce

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:05:50 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>yeah, I am sure you are right. Not a problem though, I bet I am back to 158 or worse in the
>morning....
>
>> Ok. that makes sense and I do understand. I'm warning ya though, once you
>see it
>> you aren't going to be happy unless you can stick around there. I think
>that's my
>> current problem. I hadn't been unhappy in the 130-133 zone ... but after
>seeing
>> that 129 or below a few times, it is distressing to move back to the
>130-133's.
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:17:57 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Oh, cause it has been (on my average) right around 157.5 for six weeks!
>And
>> >I just want to see 155. Just once. ... . And I could!! if I would
>quit
>> >with the choice of eating a couple of chocolates every day. Or ice cream (despite being low fat
>> >ice cream) Every night. Whine. I am not replacing the chocolates when they are gone, that
>> >difference
>alone
>> >will take those last 2.5 off me ...
>> >
>> >> Now how can you possibly feel like you are struggling when that weight
>> >keeps
>> >> dipping? <G> But yes, it is hard to move away from those holiday
>treats
>> >and get
>> >> back into the habit of journaling. I know I do better when I journal,
>> >almost too
>> >> good (have noticed I tend to not eat enough when I journal) - but I
>also
>> >know I
>> >> can survive if I don't ... kind of double edged sword. I do think the
>> >exercise
>> >> (or lack thereof) is what has me a bit off track lately - just plain
>ol'
>> >laziness
>> >> on my part. But I am working back into it strongly, and happily - and
>am
>> >finding
>> >> it really does help with the self-imposed mind games.
>> >>
>> >> Joyce
>> >>
>> >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:21:01 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>> >>
>is
>journal,
>and
>> >> >Still.
>> >> >
>> >more
>> >> >to the
>> >reached,
>continue
>> >in
>> >> >the
>> >losing
>> >> >game - as
>Like
>> >you
>> >> >though,
>better
>> >> >habits and
>> >> >> self control.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Joyce
>> >> >>
>> >> >wrote:
>> >> >>
>mind.
>this
>EAT.
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> >>Hi Fred,
>> >> >> >>
>> >worry
>> >might
>> >> >add
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >>berlin.de...
>> >> >> >>> >
>> >> >> >>> >
>be
>> >> >> >>> >
>> >> >> >>> >
>> >muscle
>> >> >or
>> >> >> >>> >
>> >> >> >>> >
>> >> >> >>> >
>> >> >> >>> > Fred
>> >> >> >>>
>> >> >> >>>
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >
>

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 01:24:25 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 22:40:12 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>
>>
>>On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 23:43:57 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>hehehe - I got it right this time, my local TJ's does not carry any dried guava, grava or grauva.
>>>I settled for another bag of the dried granny smith apple slices, forgot how much I liked them
>>>and a nice change of pace. I looked for kasha also, couldn't find it. Is this something you also
>>>purchased at Trader Joe's? I DID find the oatmeal though, made a batch in the crockpot (now have
>>>a huge amount in the fridge) and found it absolutely wonderful!

>>They do have different items in their different locales. No, kasha can be hand at some local
>>markets with rice or couscous or probably health food stores. Also known as buckwheat groats. Glad
>>you liked the oatmeal. It is good stuff - sticks to ribs and it heart-healhty. And I eat it with
>>just milk/soymilk without any additional sweetening most times. Sometimes raisins.

>Ok, I'll look for kasha when I'm in and out of the groceries. I don't have a health food store
>around me - at least not one I'm aware of. I did buy a box of whole wheat couscous the other day -
>lots of fiber in it which should bring the points down ... at least by 1. <G> I don't add any sugar
>to my oatmeal either, but have only eaten those *add water to cup* ones. The McCanns came out to
>the same consistency (which was what I had hoped for). I doubt I would add anything other than a
>little bit of milk, maybe some cinnamon (cuz I love the stuff). Oh - forgot to tell you ... I
>looked closer at the can when at home. On one side it says Steel Cut Oatmeal - with the Oatmeal in
>huge letters. Then when I spun it a little more it says Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal - with the Irish
>Oatmeal in those huge letters. Must be where my confusion came into play the first time at the
>store. The cans were sitting next to each other, but with one displayed differently, I thought they
>were different products. Silly me!

I promise nothing with the kasha, it seems it is too strong a flavor for some folks (STAN!!! (G)).
Yes, I noticed the McCann Can looked fine from both sides but is just different enough.

>>>I've also journaled faithfully since Friday, as well as making the trek to the basement
>>>treadmill. Water intake has definitely increased as I am making a much more concious effort in
>>>that department. Yeah for us for doing what we know works. From your most recent weight update,
>>>the point has been proven ... I have to wait until Friday to be official - but so far the scale
>>>has consistently shown a downward trend.

>>It works when we work - simple. Tonight I probably reacted to the good results and ate too much
>>candy and then some Trader Joe gorp (sigh)

>hehehe - I think we all do that. If we're gonna splurge, it's gonna be AFTER we weigh in.
>Tonite I'm happily munching away on one points worth of dried apple rings. They take me forever
>to eat. <G>

Yes, one member of the WW group has free-day after WI. She eats anything and as much as she wants.
He release mechanism and since she has lost over 90 lbs, I guess it can work.

>Joyce