RAFL - Fred - Jan 14th

> Crepe, huh (G) Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay (G)

Hey, let me tell Ya. It is all in the mind. Olivia Goldsmith (first wives author) just died from
plastic surgery complications. You know, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter..... I have always had
a very very obnoxious prejudice against women who are all into their "looks" anyway. If I think my
little wrinkles are cute, who does it hurt? By the way, I had that same liposuction thought. I
think, however, that fat cells DO get metabolized when they become redundant. It is not possible
that I have all those I had when I weighed 360 something. Not even if they were totally flat.

Yes. I hate the idea of thinking that "thoughts" are reality. So not true. And so limiting. I used
to believe that I could never get to goal. So I deliberately changed that thought, with research
and repeating the other information to myself every time that erroneous (obviously) thought came
into my head.

"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> I like that, its your body and you can think of it any way you like, the best thing about getting
> healthier is it is not just getting physically healthy, that part seems to help in the head
> department, Lee Lesanne <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I have some muscle. And some extra skin too. But truly I think that
when
> > those people on the extreme makeovers and such, who had 10 pounds of
skin
> > removed, after losses like mine had some fat removed with it. Many
places
> > on me, the skin is loose, but with no fat under it, or not much, it is
> very
> > very thin, and could not possibly weigh very much. I still have a bit
of
> > actual fat on the back of my upper arms, and on my hips, and of course
on
> > the boobilishous area. I still am top heavy. I can take off a few
more.
> > Not a lot though. An interesting thing. Before I lost that last bit?
> > had some kind of hangy skin under my chin. When the fat left there the
> skin
> > is making a valiant effort to cling to the tissue under there and the
> hangy
> > is much less apparent. That is also happening on my abdomen. I can actually see hints of
stomach
> > muscles on my upper abdomen, under the cute little wrinkles (looks like crepe). I decided to
> > think of it as cute, keeps me happy.
> >

> > "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > Maybe a tad. I do think that WW does not consider muscle/fat but then again, they don't have
> > > the facilities to do that. Maybe I should invest in a full fat/muscle checkup besides finally
> > > getting all of the blood chemistry done - it's been a number of years and nothing since the
> > > diet.

> > > GGGGGGGG. And thanks. Ah, yes, now cooking with gas (the effects of too much crystalized
> > > ginger, I think)

> > > Okay...........

> > pieces
> > >
> > > I have honey nut cheerios and milk (I was surprised they have less fat then regular cherrios).
> > > And because of Natalie, MANGO (when I checked the labels for her)

> of

it
> > is
> > journal,
> group,
> > and

> due
> > continue
> > Like
> > better

> <[email protected]>

> > mind.
> > this
> biking
> > EAT.

> don't
Which

> > be

A Family of people, all thin as rails. Momma, Daddy and teenager. Bet the chocolates are Already
gone. Like I thought too, this mornings weigh in was not one I shall publish. It will get lost in
the average for the week I hope. Otherwise, be prepared to win this week.

> Fanatic! (G)
>
> Who lives next door?
>
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:06:51 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >yeah. SOME treats. Not every day. I just purged the house. Took all
the
> >sugary stuff next door. Gone. Tomorrow I work on 155.
> >
> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> BUT is giving up some treats what should be done. This last week my leader said to succumb to
> >> some hankerings otherwise you might drive yourself to distraction. Good luck with 155.

> >And
> >quit
> >alone

> >treats
> >also
> >ol'
> >am

it
> >is
> >journal,
> >and

> >continue
> >Like
> >better

<[email protected]>

> >mind.
> >this
> >EAT.

Which I

> >be

You're shrinking....

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> hehehe, and down again the next day. I swear it's another one of those
head games
> we play with ourselves. Admittedly, I am guilty of the same. I'm feeling
so much
> better this week - seeing the scale continually move downwards. And today
> dragged out a pair of sweatpants from last year, size womens medium. They
have no
> elastic waist, are drawstring. Last year they fit great, but I didn't
have to tie
> the string to keep them at my waist area (much easier this way when
running
> constantly to the potty). Today ... dang things won't stay up. I don't
ever
> remember needing a size small!
>
> Joyce
>
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:05:50 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >yeah, I am sure you are right. Not a problem though, I bet I am back to
158
> >or worse in the morning....
> >
> >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> Ok. that makes sense and I do understand. I'm warning ya though, once
you
> >see it
> >> you aren't going to be happy unless you can stick around there. I
think
> >that's my
> >> current problem. I hadn't been unhappy in the 130-133 zone ... but
after
> >seeing
> >> that 129 or below a few times, it is distressing to move back to the
> >130-133's.
> >>
> >> Joyce

> >And
> >quit
> >alone

> >treats
> >also
> >ol'
> >am

it
> >is
> >journal,
> >and

> >continue
> >Like
> >better

<[email protected]>

> >mind.
> >this
> >EAT.

Which I

> >be

I hope you are right about the demise, completely, of old flat fat cells. And, crepe, it is. (g)

I saw you mention her in another thread. Too bad.

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:52:27 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Crepe, huh (G) Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay (G)
>
>Hey, let me tell Ya. It is all in the mind. Olivia Goldsmith (first wives author) just died from
>plastic surgery complications. You know, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter..... I have always
>had a very very obnoxious prejudice against women who are all into their "looks" anyway. If I think
>my little wrinkles are cute, who does it hurt? By the way, I had that same liposuction thought. I
>think, however, that fat cells DO get metabolized when they become redundant. It is not possible
>that I have all those I had when I weighed 360 something. Not even if they were totally flat.

Don't worry - monday is probably just not a good day on this side of the continent either.

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 06:35:21 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>>Ok, I'll look for kasha when I'm in and out of the groceries. I don't have a health food store
>>around me - at least not one I'm aware of. I did buy a box of whole wheat couscous the other day -
>>lots of fiber in it which should bring the points down ... at least by 1. <G> I don't add any
>>sugar to my oatmeal either, but have only eaten those *add water to cup* ones. The McCanns came
>>out to the same consistency (which was what I had hoped for). I doubt I would add anything other
>>than a little bit of milk, maybe some cinnamon (cuz I love the stuff). Oh - forgot to tell you ...
>>I looked closer at the can when at home. On one side it says Steel Cut Oatmeal - with the Oatmeal
>>in huge letters. Then when I spun it a little more it says Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal - with the
>>Irish Oatmeal in those huge letters. Must be where my confusion came into play the first time at
>>the store. The cans were sitting next to each other, but with one displayed differently, I thought
>>they were different products. Silly me!
>
>I promise nothing with the kasha, it seems it is too strong a flavor for some folks (STAN!!! (G)).
>Yes, I noticed the McCann Can looked fine from both sides but is just different enough.

Well, I'm no longer afraid to try new things. The worse thing that can happen is no one will like
it, I'm out a few $$$ and the garbage can will be fed. No biggie. I went through this with oatmeal,
and remember it with couscous - absolutely hated the stuff. I tried a different brand (of both) and
found them to be very good. Maybe the kasha will be the same. Flying it past the family can be a bit
tricky though. I've finally convinced hub that squash is really pretty good. <g>

>>>It works when we work - simple. Tonight I probably reacted to the good results and ate too much
>>>candy and then some Trader Joe gorp (sigh)
>
>>hehehe - I think we all do that. If we're gonna splurge, it's gonna be AFTER we weigh in.
>>Tonite I'm happily munching away on one points worth of dried apple rings. They take me forever
>>to eat. <G>
>
>Yes, one member of the WW group has free-day after WI. She eats anything and as much as she wants.
>He release mechanism and since she has lost over 90 lbs, I guess it can work.

I did that also when I was on the losing end of things, tend to TRY to keep things more constant
while maintaining. BUT (there's always a *but*) most planned splurges will always fall in over the
week-end. Guess it's a mind game thing, but I still feel it gives me time to recover. <G>

Joyce

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 11:46:21 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 06:35:21 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>>Ok, I'll look for kasha when I'm in and out of the groceries. I don't have a health food store
>>>around me - at least not one I'm aware of. I did buy a box of whole wheat couscous the other day
>>>- lots of fiber in it which should bring the points down ... at least by 1. <G> I don't add any
>>>sugar to my oatmeal either, but have only eaten those *add water to cup* ones. The McCanns came
>>>out to the same consistency (which was what I had hoped for). I doubt I would add anything other
>>>than a little bit of milk, maybe some cinnamon (cuz I love the stuff). Oh - forgot to tell you
>>>... I looked closer at the can when at home. On one side it says Steel Cut Oatmeal - with the
>>>Oatmeal in huge letters. Then when I spun it a little more it says Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal - with
>>>the Irish Oatmeal in those huge letters. Must be where my confusion came into play the first time
>>>at the store. The cans were sitting next to each other, but with one displayed differently, I
>>>thought they were different products. Silly me!
>>
>>I promise nothing with the kasha, it seems it is too strong a flavor for some folks (STAN!!! (G)).
>>Yes, I noticed the McCann Can looked fine from both sides but is just different enough.

>Well, I'm no longer afraid to try new things. The worse thing that can happen is no one will like
>it, I'm out a few $$$ and the garbage can will be fed. No biggie. I went through this with oatmeal,
>and remember it with couscous - absolutely hated the stuff. I tried a different brand (of both) and
>found them to be very good. Maybe the kasha will be the same. Flying it past the family can be a
>bit tricky though. I've finally convinced hub that squash is really pretty good. <g>

As I wrote elsewhere, tried another brand of steel cut - no where near as good as the McCann's.

You might want to make the kasha with chicken broth or beef broth. Some sauteed onions or mushrooms
or similar. I like it plain but it is full flavored. But I do occasionally curry it, or the onion
route or under the shrimp/chicken stir-fry results.

>>>hehehe - I think we all do that. If we're gonna splurge, it's gonna be AFTER we weigh in.
>>>Tonite I'm happily munching away on one points worth of dried apple rings. They take me forever
>>>to eat. <G>
>>
>>Yes, one member of the WW group has free-day after WI. She eats anything and as much as she wants.
>>He release mechanism and since she has lost over 90 lbs, I guess it can work.
>
>I did that also when I was on the losing end of things, tend to TRY to keep things more constant
>while maintaining. BUT (there's always a *but*) most planned splurges will always fall in over the
>week-end. Guess it's a mind game thing, but I still feel it gives me time to recover. <G>
>
>Joyce

Well, I did fail to sell Stan, so it is definitely not just a bland starch.

Is LightHouse some special brand? General markets? I've never been into hot tuna unless it was
fresh fish. Tuna casseroles, etc - no. Friends use to bring it on camping trips - yech! (G) Tuna
out of a can, fine. And this past summer we discovered the new stuff in the foil pouch - except
lunch on the trail.

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:51:06 GMT, "Donna in Idaho \(remove invalid\)"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I've never eaten kasha, but your broth, onions & mushrooms sure sounds good. Guess I'll have to
>look for some.
>
>I'm making my version of quick soup for lunch today. Tuna fish, tomatoes, chicken broth, french
>sliced green beans. Threw in some freeze dried red onions (Light house brand - I love them!), and
>some Light house brand salad herbs. I love all of the Lighthouse brand freeze dried stuff. Ginger,
>onions, salad herbs, etc. I keep some on hand all the time for quick seasonings.

LOL! Evidentally, and I never noticed. This is something I had not even considered, since the scale
hasn't moved more than a few teeny pounds in both directions ... for a long time. But possibly the
addition of exercising has made the body change?

The sweats are still comfy though, so I'm keeping them. I just have to yank them up more often. <G>

Joyce

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:12:37 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>>>I promise nothing with the kasha, it seems it is too strong a flavor for some folks (STAN!!!
>>>(G)). Yes, I noticed the McCann Can looked fine from both sides but is just different enough.
>
>>Well, I'm no longer afraid to try new things. The worse thing that can happen is no one will like
>>it, I'm out a few $$$ and the garbage can will be fed. No biggie. I went through this with
>>oatmeal, and remember it with couscous - absolutely hated the stuff. I tried a different brand (of
>>both) and found them to be very good. Maybe the kasha will be the same. Flying it past the family
>>can be a bit tricky though. I've finally convinced hub that squash is really pretty good. <g>
>
>As I wrote elsewhere, tried another brand of steel cut - no where near as good as the McCann's.
>
>You might want to make the kasha with chicken broth or beef broth. Some sauteed onions or mushrooms
>or similar. I like it plain but it is full flavored. But I do occasionally curry it, or the onion
>route or under the shrimp/chicken stir-fry results.

I still haven't hit a store yet, but will write down these kasha tips so I am prepared.

Joyce

I do have to take some new measurements. Was checking out my old stat sheets earlier this evening,
notice that nothing has been updated since the end of June. I am willing to bet that while my weight
has held rather steady (within 5 pounds) the measurements have definitely changed. What I did find
interesting though, is the last time I did record measurements - everything had decreased except
those calf muscles ... which actually showed an increase. Suppose it could be my measuring, but I am
willing to bet it's due more to the increased walking and building of leg muscles. Now to get some
weights and work on the upper arms. <G>

Joyce

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 04:20:15 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm sure over time the body adjusts to the weight loss. Sort of a catch-up routine. I know that
>when I first joined curves I had already lost 20+ pounds without doing any exercise other than
>walking and water aerobics for a month. I lost over 7 inches the first month. Since your weight has
>not changed much over the past few months maybe it's time to check your measurements. I bet you've
>redistributed the remaining weight.
>
>"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> LOL! Evidentally, and I never noticed. This is something I had not even considered, since the
>> scale hasn't moved more than a few teeny pounds in
>both
>> directions ... for a long time. But possibly the addition of exercising
>has made
>> the body change?
>>
>> The sweats are still comfy though, so I'm keeping them. I just have to
>yank them
>> up more often. <G>
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 02:17:43 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >You're shrinking....

>> >head games
>feeling
>> >so much
>today
>They
>> >have no
>> >have to tie
>> >running
>don't
>> >ever

>> >158

>once
>> >you
>> >think
>> >after

>> >weeks!
>would
>> >cream
>difference

>> >weight
>> >journal,
>think
>> >the
>plain
>happily -
>> >and

><[email protected]>

>155,
>> >it
>> >group,

>was
>> >due
>been
>the
>does?
>those

>> ><[email protected]>

>in
>overstuffed
>> >biking
>> >and

>> >don't
>> >Which I

>> >still
>> >on-going)

>> >much

Yes. She was an entertaining author for those of us who liked to imagine
retribution to ex husbands and such. :):)

And it wasn't just me regarding fat cells, I read it Somewhere, by some medical somebody. Who knows
since I spend a Lot of time reading on the subjects of health in all areas.

> I hope you are right about the demise, completely, of old flat fat cells. And, crepe, it is. (g)
>
> I saw you mention her in another thread. Too bad.
>
> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:52:27 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Crepe, huh (G) Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay (G)
> >
> >Hey, let me tell Ya. It is all in the mind. Olivia Goldsmith (first
wives
> >author) just died from plastic surgery complications. You know, if you don't mind, it doesn't
> >matter..... I have always had a very very
obnoxious
> >prejudice against women who are all into their "looks" anyway. If I
think
> >my little wrinkles are cute, who does it hurt? By the way, I had that
same
> >liposuction thought. I think, however, that fat cells DO get metabolized when they become
> >redundant. It is not possible that I have all those I
had
> >when I weighed 360 something. Not even if they were totally flat.

I imagine there was some real idol worship there (G)

Well, there are days I'm sure something is driving my passion for food and I would rather blame
those tiny, hidden, starving fat calls than my own lack of willpower - somewhat in jest and somewhat
in all seriousness.

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:22:51 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Yes. She was an entertaining author for those of us who liked to imagine retribution to ex husbands
>and such. :):)
>
>And it wasn't just me regarding fat cells, I read it Somewhere, by some medical somebody. Who knows
>since I spend a Lot of time reading on the subjects of health in all areas.
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> I hope you are right about the demise, completely, of old flat fat cells. And, crepe, it is. (g)
>>
>> I saw you mention her in another thread. Too bad.
>>
>> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:52:27 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >news:[email protected]...
>> >
>> >Hey, let me tell Ya. It is all in the mind. Olivia Goldsmith (first
>wives
>> >author) just died from plastic surgery complications. You know, if you don't mind, it doesn't
>> >matter..... I have always had a very very
>obnoxious
>> >prejudice against women who are all into their "looks" anyway. If I
>think
>> >my little wrinkles are cute, who does it hurt? By the way, I had that
>same
>> >liposuction thought. I think, however, that fat cells DO get metabolized when they become
>> >redundant. It is not possible that I have all those I
>had
>> >when I weighed 360 something. Not even if they were totally flat.

Oh, good it is not _MY_ fault. It's my brain stem's fault! (G) Damn that autonomic nervous system.

--
Donna in Idaho! Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/ The
ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

Remove ".remove.invalid" to reply

> You might want to make the kasha with chicken broth or beef broth. Some sauteed onions or
> mushrooms or similar. I like it plain but it is full flavored. But I do occasionally curry it, or
> the onion route or under the shrimp/chicken stir-fry results.

I'm sure over time the body adjusts to the weight loss. Sort of a catch-up routine. I know that when
I first joined curves I had already lost 20+ pounds without doing any exercise other than walking
and water aerobics for a month. I lost over 7 inches the first month. Since your weight has not
changed much over the past few months maybe it's time to check your measurements. I bet you've
redistributed the remaining weight.

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> LOL! Evidentally, and I never noticed. This is something I had not even considered, since the
> scale hasn't moved more than a few teeny pounds in
both
> directions ... for a long time. But possibly the addition of exercising
has made
> the body change?
>
> The sweats are still comfy though, so I'm keeping them. I just have to
yank them
> up more often. <G>
>
> Joyce
>
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 02:17:43 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >You're shrinking....
> >
> >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> hehehe, and down again the next day. I swear it's another one of those
> >head games
> >> we play with ourselves. Admittedly, I am guilty of the same. I'm
feeling
> >so much
> >> better this week - seeing the scale continually move downwards. And
today
> >> dragged out a pair of sweatpants from last year, size womens medium.
They
> >have no
> >> elastic waist, are drawstring. Last year they fit great, but I didn't
> >have to tie
> >> the string to keep them at my waist area (much easier this way when
> >running
> >> constantly to the potty). Today ... dang things won't stay up. I
don't
> >ever
> >> remember needing a size small!
> >>
> >> Joyce

> >158

> >you
> >think
> >after

> >weeks!
> >cream
difference

> >weight
> >journal,
> >the
> >and

<[email protected]>

155,
> >it
> >group,

> >due

> ><[email protected]>

> >biking
> >and

> >don't
> >Which I

> >still
> >on-going)

> >much

Ah, those hungry days? Blame the brain stem, that thinks it needs to put on fat in the winter to
avoid the famine....

> I imagine there was some real idol worship there (G)
>
> Well, there are days I'm sure something is driving my passion for food and I would rather blame
> those tiny, hidden, starving fat calls than my own lack of willpower - somewhat in jest and
> somewhat in all seriousness.
>
> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:22:51 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Yes. She was an entertaining author for those of us who liked to imagine retribution to ex
> >husbands and such. :):)
> >
> >And it wasn't just me regarding fat cells, I read it Somewhere, by some medical somebody. Who
> >knows since I spend a Lot of time reading on the subjects of health in all areas.
> >
> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> I hope you are right about the demise, completely, of old flat fat cells. And, crepe, it
> >> is. (g)
> >>
> >> I saw you mention her in another thread. Too bad.

> >wives
> >obnoxious
> >think
> >same
> >had

I'll take this one, I can only say that the only consistency is that if I
make an effort to control hunger I usually have a loss the next WI. But
then I also think I am just now learning what hungry is. I always ate when
it was time or because it was there along with, I have the shakes or that
sounds good... Lee