RAFL - Fred - Jan 21st

wouldn't you like a job where you can sorta be right and make six figures?
Truth is I could look outside and do as good as they do, Lee
Janice Kennish <[email protected]> wrote in message
> They always do!! I've learned not to trust anything on the weather until
it
> happens!!!
>
> --
> Janice
> 263/250.5/150 (maybe 130)
>

> "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Now it seems like it may stay north if it even comes. The forecasts are changing hourly (G)
> >
> > On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 01:18:54 GMT, "Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >Yeah, I heard last night we might be in for another round of snow!! My son's very upset--he
> > >doesn't think we should have that much snow in one month because it gets boring and he doesn't
> > >want to miss school again
> (his
> > >words not mine!!!). I haven't seen a forcast today but it was a bit
> nippy
> > >outside--other than that felt like Spring here in Oly.

hahahaha cut it out! If only you knew the mental pictures going on here.

berlin.de...

Hi, Joyce, Good one!

--
Take Care Catherine
154/135.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 133.2

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Which is why they have been dubbed *weather guessers* in my household.
>
> Joyce
>
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:14:07 GMT, "Janice Kennish" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> >They always do!! I've learned not to trust anything on the weather until
it
> >happens!!!
> >
> >--
> >Janice
> >263/250.5/150 (maybe 130)
> >

> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Now it seems like it may stay north if it even comes. The forecasts are changing hourly (G)

My
> >(his
> >nippy

It's yours - use it free (G)

I guessed for those 3 weeks around xmas - well, approx on home scale values

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 16:11:18 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

>Oooooooooh, I like this idea! Remember now, it was YOUR idea ... WE didn't change the rules this
>time. <G>
>
>Joyce
>
>On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:14:58 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>How 'bout if you just pick a weight you like and stick with it - scale results or not!!!!! (gd&r)
>>
>>On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 11:05:11 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>I vote we should once again change our weighing methods. Average throughout the week, to be used
>>>if we don't like results thrown at us on weigh-in day ... rounding is only allowed DOWN. Actual
>>>results to be used when even lower than the average gives us, again - rounding down. It works for
>>>me. How does this sound to you? <G>
>>>
>>>Joyce

At least you have a valid reason for guessing. Since my home scales are my official scales, no
really good excuse for me to guess. And boy is my scale accurate. It doesn't budge an ounce no
matter where I stand or where it is moved to. <sigh>

I remember going to the dr. with my mom and her refusing to step on the scale, flat out told them
that she has always weighed 106. The nurse just raised an eyebrow and hid a smile, gently nudged her
to the scale. Results in, 179 ... mom looked at her and said, *see, I told you so*. Like you said,
pick a number and stick with it - regardless. <G>

Joyce

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:40:51 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>It's yours - use it free (G)
>
>I guessed for those 3 weeks around xmas - well, approx on home scale values
>
>On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 16:11:18 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Oooooooooh, I like this idea! Remember now, it was YOUR idea ... WE didn't change the rules this
>>time. <G>
>>
>>Joyce
>>
>>On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:14:58 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>How 'bout if you just pick a weight you like and stick with it - scale results or not!!!!! (gd&r)

"Let freedom ring!" (G)

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 06:47:14 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>yes and then wonders why the matchmaker comes out in me, its his fault, legs, hair, and a tease
>also, its unnatural he is single I tell you just plain unatural, Lee Lesanne <[email protected]>
>wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> He is SUCH a tease :).
>>
>> "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

>> > You make it VERY difficult. <G>
>> >
>> > Joyce

>home
>Void"

Ah, yeah, The Kama Sushi - I like things RAW! (g)

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 03:56:42 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

>At least you have a valid reason for guessing. Since my home scales are my official scales, no
>really good excuse for me to guess. And boy is my scale accurate. It doesn't budge an ounce no
>matter where I stand or where it is moved to. <sigh>

Well, mine is located on carpeting but seems pretty reasonable. And there is no where on the second
floor that is not carpeted. I've thought about putting a board under it but......... still
thinking........

>I remember going to the dr. with my mom and her refusing to step on the scale, flat out told them
>that she has always weighed 106. The nurse just raised an eyebrow and hid a smile, gently nudged
>her to the scale. Results in, 179 ... mom looked at her and said, *see, I told you so*. Like you
>said, pick a number and stick with it - regardless. <G>

That is funny. I like it. I probably followed that logic for a long while, too. I was kind of
shocked when I saw where it really was.

>Joyce
>
>On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:40:51 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>It's yours - use it free (G)
>>
>>I guessed for those 3 weeks around xmas - well, approx on home scale values
>>
>>On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 16:11:18 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Oooooooooh, I like this idea! Remember now, it was YOUR idea ... WE didn't change the rules this
>>>time. <G>
>>>
>>>Joyce

that might be more information than I need, Lee
Lesanne <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> hahahaha cut it out! If only you knew the mental pictures going on here.
>

> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > ahhh a standing position, the boy has been reading that oriental picture book again, Lee Fred
> > <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > Lady, I think the only ROUNDING you are doing is around the hips!!! (run, run FAST)......
> > >
> > > I don't think I will take this lying down (take it away, Lee....)
> > >
> > > You do win NEXT week - I can already tell

> > WAIT!
> > am

> "race,

<[email protected]>

> > this
> > get

> > self
> loss.!!

> holidays
> > or
> being

Fred you are making this WWWAAAYYY to easy for a degenerate like myself, Lee
Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ah, yeah, The Kama Sushi - I like things RAW! (g)
>
> On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 14:13:27 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >hahahaha cut it out! If only you knew the mental pictures going on
here.

> >"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> >berlin.de...
> >> ahhh a standing position, the boy has been reading that oriental
picture
> >> book again, Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> WAIT!
> >> am

> >"race,

<[email protected]>

> >> this
> >> get

> >> self
> >loss.!!

> >holidays
> >> or
> >being

Yup, sure would enjoy a job like that. I personally love it when they say there is a 50% chance of
rain/snow/whatever. To me that means "either it will or it won't". Heck, I can figure that out
without even looking out my window!

Joyce

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:28:28 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 03:56:42 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>At least you have a valid reason for guessing. Since my home scales are my official scales, no
>>really good excuse for me to guess. And boy is my scale accurate. It doesn't budge an ounce no
>>matter where I stand or where it is moved to. <sigh>
>
>Well, mine is located on carpeting but seems pretty reasonable. And there is no where on the second
>floor that is not carpeted. I've thought about putting a board under it but......... still
>thinking........

No sense in worrying about the board or carpet, as long as the scale itself isn't flucuating all
over. Since a scale is really only a monitor of sorts, to indicate to us how we are doing ...
maintaining, losing, gaining - I figure consistency in results is far more important than the number
itself. Then again, if I didn't like the number maybe I would feel differently? <G>

>>I remember going to the dr. with my mom and her refusing to step on the scale, flat out told them
>>that she has always weighed 106. The nurse just raised an eyebrow and hid a smile, gently nudged
>>her to the scale. Results in, 179 ... mom looked at her and said, *see, I told you so*. Like you
>>said, pick a number and stick with it - regardless. <G>
>
>That is funny. I like it. I probably followed that logic for a long while, too. I was kind of
>shocked when I saw where it really was.

I know I did too - but my mom was even told the number, yet her brain still told her it was
something entirely different. If only I knew then what I know now. <sigh> She still tells me that
she is losing weight. Then hands me some clothing that no longer fits, telling me that they are too
small. She is a hoot!

Joyce

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 00:53:03 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:28:28 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 03:56:42 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>At least you have a valid reason for guessing. Since my home scales are my official scales, no
>>>really good excuse for me to guess. And boy is my scale accurate. It doesn't budge an ounce no
>>>matter where I stand or where it is moved to. <sigh>
>>
>>Well, mine is located on carpeting but seems pretty reasonable. And there is no where on the
>>second floor that is not carpeted. I've thought about putting a board under it but......... still
>>thinking........
>
>No sense in worrying about the board or carpet, as long as the scale itself isn't flucuating all
>over. Since a scale is really only a monitor of sorts, to indicate to us how we are doing ...
>maintaining, losing, gaining - I figure consistency in results is far more important than the
>number itself. Then again, if I didn't like the number maybe I would feel differently? <G>

That I'm not worrying about - there's plenty of real stuff. But then again....

>>>I remember going to the dr. with my mom and her refusing to step on the scale, flat out told them
>>>that she has always weighed 106. The nurse just raised an eyebrow and hid a smile, gently nudged
>>>her to the scale. Results in, 179 ... mom looked at her and said, *see, I told you so*. Like you
>>>said, pick a number and stick with it - regardless. <G>
>>
>>That is funny. I like it. I probably followed that logic for a long while, too. I was kind of
>>shocked when I saw where it really was.
>
>I know I did too - but my mom was even told the number, yet her brain still told her it was
>something entirely different. If only I knew then what I know now. <sigh> She still tells me that
>she is losing weight. Then hands me some clothing that no longer fits, telling me that they are too
>small. She is a hoot!

Ignorance is bliss and so is chocolate