RAFL - Lesanne

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Lesanne, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    Oh well, up a half pound (and it is lucky I am doing an average or it would be worse)

    Lesanne
    365/158/155

    (by the way, I have been crashing and burning here)

    Tags:

  2. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Lesanne wrote:
    > Oh well, up a half pound (and it is lucky I am doing an average or it would be worse)
    >
    > Lesanne
    > 365/158/155
    >
    > (by the way, I have been crashing and burning here)

    Lesanne:

    Are you okay Lesanne? Up .5 doesn't seem like the end of the world but on top of other stuff it can
    be pretty bad.

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/204.5/155 RAFL 210.5/204.5/198.5

  3. Krys

    Krys Guest

    "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Oh well, up a half pound (and it is lucky I am doing an average or it
    would
    > be worse)
    >
    > Lesanne
    > 365/158/155
    >
    > (by the way, I have been crashing and burning here)

    no you haven't. Not really. it's just a blip - nothing compared to how far you've come. Focus girl -
    you're fabulous!

    And boy - does that phrase ever make me think of "Top Gun" - anyone for the beach volley ball
    scene? *grin*

    --
    krys

    UK 157/133/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

  4. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    meh - half a pound is nothin' hon, bet you'll sweat that off in no time at all. I like to think of
    those half pound gains as routine maintenance. Anything you care to vent on the group? Might just
    help ya feel better.

    Joyce

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:21:43 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Oh well, up a half pound (and it is lucky I am doing an average or it would be worse)
    >
    >Lesanne
    >365/158/155
    >
    >(by the way, I have been crashing and burning here)

  5. Fred

    Fred Guest

    WE KNOW UP is part of Life. It is slight. And even if the individual day was "worse" that is why you
    have chosen to average because daily weight fluctuates.

    Buck up, take back control and figure out what's what and why. Not that I can say at this damp
    end of the continent why having eaten 20 points that I labeled JUNK yesterday for a daily (no
    average here)
    160.5 - oh, that's weight, not points (G)

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:21:43 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Oh well, up a half pound (and it is lucky I am doing an average or it would be worse)
    >
    >Lesanne
    >365/158/155
    >
    >(by the way, I have been crashing and burning here)

  6. Oh Lesanne, I hope you haven't forgotten that daily fluctuations are a natural part of life. The
    higher number on the scale today isn't a reflection of your entire existence. I'd bet money that
    you're not really crashing and burning, even if it feels that way at the moment. In another day or
    two you'll be eying 155 again. Until then, cry, scream, stomp, write, mope, pout, walk, run, bike,
    eat carrots. This will pass.

    Prairie Roots

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:21:43 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Oh well, up a half pound (and it is lucky I am doing an average or it would be worse)
    >
    >Lesanne
    >365/158/155
    >
    >(by the way, I have been crashing and burning here)

  7. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Up a half pound, not too shabby at all!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/241.8/172

    "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Oh well, up a half pound (and it is lucky I am doing an average or it
    would
    > be worse)
    >
    > Lesanne
    > 365/158/155
    >
    > (by the way, I have been crashing and burning here)

  8. Half a pound is nothing considering what you've lost since you started. It'll be gone before
    you know it!
    --
    Brenda
    209/177/150 RafL goal 165

    "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Oh well, up a half pound (and it is lucky I am doing an average or it
    would
    > be worse)
    >
    > Lesanne
    > 365/158/155
    >
    > (by the way, I have been crashing and burning here)

  9. sorry it has been rough for you, your WI will work out fine, I hope you are
    feeling better and if we can help at all please let us know, Lee
    Lesanne <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Oh well, up a half pound (and it is lucky I am doing an average or it
    would
    > be worse)
    >
    > Lesanne
    > 365/158/155
    >
    > (by the way, I have been crashing and burning here)

  10. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    no, not okay. It is a symptom of a lot of other stuff. I think I am a little depressed or something.

    "Connie" <[email protected]_primus.ca> wrote in message news:[email protected]_primus.ca...
    > Lesanne wrote:
    > > Oh well, up a half pound (and it is lucky I am doing an average or it
    would
    > > be worse)
    > >
    > > Lesanne
    > > 365/158/155
    > >
    > > (by the way, I have been crashing and burning here)
    > >

    > Lesanne:
    >
    > Are you okay Lesanne? Up .5 doesn't seem like the end of the world but on top of other stuff it
    > can be pretty bad.
    >
    > Connie
    >
    > --
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Connie Walsh
    >
    > 241.5/204.5/155 RAFL 210.5/204.5/198.5

  11. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    ah Krys , now I gotta go watch Top Gun?

    "krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Oh well, up a half pound (and it is lucky I am doing an average or it
    > would
    > > be worse)
    > >
    > > Lesanne
    > > 365/158/155
    > >
    > > (by the way, I have been crashing and burning here)
    > >

    > no you haven't. Not really. it's just a blip - nothing compared to how
    far
    > you've come. Focus girl - you're fabulous!
    >
    > And boy - does that phrase ever make me think of "Top Gun" - anyone for
    the
    > beach volley ball scene? *grin*
    >
    > --
    > krys
    >
    > UK 157/133/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

  12. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    I don't know if I can vent it, It is really just leftovers from the stresses last month I think,
    added to too much sweet junk brought home with me from my last trip. And back at home with no breaks
    in the forseeable future.

    "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > meh - half a pound is nothin' hon, bet you'll sweat that off in no time at
    all. I
    > like to think of those half pound gains as routine maintenance. Anything
    you
    > care to vent on the group? Might just help ya feel better.
    >
    > Joyce
    >
    > On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:21:43 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Oh well, up a half pound (and it is lucky I am doing an average or it
    would
    > >be worse)
    > >
    > >Lesanne
    > >365/158/155
    > >
    > >(by the way, I have been crashing and burning here)

  13. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    AHA. We are both in the nasty one sixes today. Maybe it is a gravitational thing, and not
    fat at all??

    > WE KNOW UP is part of Life. It is slight. And even if the individual day was "worse" that is why
    > you have chosen to average because daily weight fluctuates.
    >
    > Buck up, take back control and figure out what's what and why. Not that I can say at this damp
    > end of the continent why having eaten 20 points that I labeled JUNK yesterday for a daily (no
    > average here)
    > 160.5 - oh, that's weight, not points (G)
    >
    > On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:21:43 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Oh well, up a half pound (and it is lucky I am doing an average or it
    would
    > >be worse)
    > >
    > >Lesanne
    > >365/158/155
    > >
    > >(by the way, I have been crashing and burning here)

  14. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    I cheered myself up at the meeting, and reading about your pound. :)

    "Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Oh Lesanne, I hope you haven't forgotten that daily fluctuations are a natural part of life. The
    > higher number on the scale today isn't a reflection of your entire existence. I'd bet money that
    > you're not really crashing and burning, even if it feels that way at the moment. In another day or
    > two you'll be eying 155 again. Until then, cry, scream, stomp, write, mope, pout, walk, run, bike,
    > eat carrots. This will pass.
    >
    > Prairie Roots
    >
    > On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:21:43 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Oh well, up a half pound (and it is lucky I am doing an average or it
    would
    > >be worse)
    > >
    > >Lesanne
    > >365/158/155
    > >
    > >(by the way, I have been crashing and burning here)

  15. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Sorry to hear your a bit in the dumps, sis. Here's a huge {{{Lesanne}}} hug for ya. Hope things
    start looking up for you soon.

    Joyce

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:04:46 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >no, not okay. It is a symptom of a lot of other stuff. I think I am a little depressed or
    >something.
    >
    >"Connie" <[email protected]_primus.ca> wrote in message news:[email protected]_primus.ca...
    >> Lesanne wrote:
    >> > Oh well, up a half pound (and it is lucky I am doing an average or it
    >would
    >> > be worse)
    >> >
    >> > Lesanne
    >> > 365/158/155
    >> >
    >> > (by the way, I have been crashing and burning here)
    >> >

    >> Lesanne:
    >>
    >> Are you okay Lesanne? Up .5 doesn't seem like the end of the world but on top of other stuff it
    >> can be pretty bad.
    >>
    >> Connie
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Connie Walsh
    >>
    >> 241.5/204.5/155 RAFL 210.5/204.5/198.5

  16. Connie

    Connie Guest

    (((((((Lesanne)))))))) Anything you want to talk about? It's no fun to be depressed. If you want to
    email me please do: [email protected] take out the .nospam .

    Connie

    Lesanne wrote:
    > no, not okay. It is a symptom of a lot of other stuff. I think I am a little depressed or
    > something.
    >
    > "Connie" <[email protected]_primus.ca> wrote in message news:[email protected]_primus.ca...
    >
    >>Lesanne wrote:
    >>
    >>>Oh well, up a half pound (and it is lucky I am doing an average or it
    >>
    > would
    >
    >>>be worse)
    >>>
    >>>Lesanne
    >>>365/158/155
    >>>
    >>>(by the way, I have been crashing and burning here)
    >>>

    >>Lesanne:
    >>
    >>Are you okay Lesanne? Up .5 doesn't seem like the end of the world but on top of other stuff it
    >>can be pretty bad.
    >>
    >>Connie
    >>
    >>--
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>
    >>Connie Walsh
    >>
    >>241.5/204.5/155 RAFL 210.5/204.5/198.5

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/204.5/155 RAFL 210.5/204.5/198.5

  17. Fred

    Fred Guest

    I'd prefer to call it chocolate. (G)

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 21:26:09 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >AHA. We are both in the nasty one sixes today. Maybe it is a gravitational thing, and not
    >fat at all??
    >
    >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> WE KNOW UP is part of Life. It is slight. And even if the individual day was "worse" that is why
    >> you have chosen to average because daily weight fluctuates.
    >>
    >> Buck up, take back control and figure out what's what and why. Not that I can say at this damp
    >> end of the continent why having eaten 20 points that I labeled JUNK yesterday for a daily (no
    >> average here)
    >> 160.5 - oh, that's weight, not points (G)
    >>
    >> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:21:43 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Oh well, up a half pound (and it is lucky I am doing an average or it
    >would
    >> >be worse)
    >> >
    >> >Lesanne
    >> >365/158/155
    >> >
    >> >(by the way, I have been crashing and burning here)

  18. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Hang in there.... {{{Lesanne}}}

    Nathalie W "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > no, not okay. It is a symptom of a lot of other stuff. I think I am a little depressed or
    > something.
    >
    > "Connie" <[email protected]_primus.ca> wrote in message news:[email protected]_primus.ca...
    > > Lesanne wrote:
    > > > Oh well, up a half pound (and it is lucky I am doing an average or it
    > would
    > > > be worse)
    > > >
    > > > Lesanne
    > > > 365/158/155
    > > >
    > > > (by the way, I have been crashing and burning here)
    > > >

    > > Lesanne:
    > >
    > > Are you okay Lesanne? Up .5 doesn't seem like the end of the world but on top of other stuff it
    > > can be pretty bad.
    > >
    > > Connie
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > >
    > > Connie Walsh
    > >
    > > 241.5/204.5/155 RAFL 210.5/204.5/198.5

  19. How are things with your daughter? Not long ago, you and I had similar concerns about our daughters'
    marital situations, and our granddaughters.

    Last night when I visited my hospice patient I thought of you and Joyce and Laura and others whose
    mothers (parents) are facing end-of-life health challenges. My hospice patient is bedridden with
    cancer and now her skin is unbearably and uncontrollably itchy. Benadryl wasn't working so now she's
    being given morphine to try to minimize the discomfort. Several times yesterday evening she woke up
    long enough to plead for help, and when I tried to find the elusive spot, my touching her was almost
    as bad as the irritation. The daughter, who is her sole caregiver, is still working her own business
    (as a chiropractor), and the toll of caregiving is very apparent on her body and face. In the year
    that I've been visiting, the daughter looks like she's gained about 50 lbs. I asked how she was
    holding up with this new stress and she said she was tired. Very tired. I left feeling very grateful
    that my own mother's health is good for the moment and that my father's dying was relatively short
    and painfree.

    I wish like anything you could catch a break. What stage of Alzheimer's is your mother? Is in-home
    hospice, paid by Medicare, an option? I'm not familiar with the particulars of certifying someone
    with Alzheimer's for hospice, but I do know that it can be done. At least then a volunteer could
    come in and spell you on a regular, even daily, basis. And Medicare's hospice benefit also provides
    for respite care...

    My apologies if I've stuck an unwelcome nose in.

    Prairie Roots

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 21:25:10 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I don't know if I can vent it, It is really just leftovers from the stresses last month I think,
    >added to too much sweet junk brought home with me from my last trip. And back at home with no
    >breaks in the forseeable future.
    >
    >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> meh - half a pound is nothin' hon, bet you'll sweat that off in no time at
    >all. I
    >> like to think of those half pound gains as routine maintenance. Anything
    >you
    >> care to vent on the group? Might just help ya feel better.
    >>
    >> Joyce
    >>
    >> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:21:43 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Oh well, up a half pound (and it is lucky I am doing an average or it
    >would
    >> >be worse)
    >> >
    >> >Lesanne
    >> >365/158/155
    >> >
    >> >(by the way, I have been crashing and burning here)

  20. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    awww Lesanne, I'm sorry you are down... *hugs*... hope things get better for you soon girl!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/241.8/172