RAFL week 8 - Prairie Roots

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Prairie Roots, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Nice loss PR, congrats once again! WW sure is the way to go, you are proving you CAN have your
    icecream and eat it to. <G> Your prospective new kitchen and potty sure sound nice, although the
    portable doesn't sound very exciting. <G> And enjoy that new bike! I see elsewhere that you did make
    the official purchase. I hope the weather changes soon and you can get out and have some fun.

    Joyce

    On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 08:00:48 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:

    >My current weight: 159.6 lbs Weight change since my last recorded weight: -1.4 lbs Total weight
    >change to date: -72.4 lbs
    >
    >Back on the downward trend this week. That's always good news. Remained OP, had 14 leftover Flex
    >Points, exercised 3 times. Went to a party last Sunday night where cosmopolitan martinis were
    >served and I partook. Ate ice cream every evening after dinner, went through two containers of
    >meringue cookies. Yet I lost and didn't feel hungry once. My size 12 jeans are loose around the
    >tummy and baggy around the thighs. Is it any wonder I love WW?
    >
    >This morning I'm doing a bit of housecleaning before my contractor comes to sign the deal to rehab
    >my kitchen and bathroom. Construction starts the week after next. After he leaves I'm going to the
    >bike shop for a commuter bike and all the accessories I need to ensure both comfort and safety for
    >biking in winter.
    >
    >Then I'm off to Home Depot for countertop samples and to look at lighting. After that to a sporting
    >goods/camping store to see about temporary indoor toilets. Or maybe Sears has something. Once
    >construction starts, I'll be without a bathroom for several weeks. I can shower at the Y, and a
    >neighbor has offered use of his bathroom once in a while. But when you gotta go, you gotta go! You
    >don't always have time to jump in the car or walk across the street. Good thing the plumbing in my
    >basement will still be connected. LOL
    >
    >The sun was up before 7 this morning and won't set until 6 this evening. The temp this morning is
    >32F; predicted high is 45F with mostly sunny skies. Practically summer.
    >
    >It's the best day of my life!

  2. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Not only did she purchase a new bike but according to my calculations (but who is counting), she
    picks it up today! So.....

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 01:37:47 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Nice loss PR, congrats once again! WW sure is the way to go, you are proving you CAN have your
    >icecream and eat it to. <G> Your prospective new kitchen and potty sure sound nice, although the
    >portable doesn't sound very exciting. <G> And enjoy that new bike! I see elsewhere that you did
    >make the official purchase. I hope the weather changes soon and you can get out and have some fun.
    >
    >Joyce
    >
    >On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 08:00:48 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>My current weight: 159.6 lbs Weight change since my last recorded weight: -1.4 lbs Total weight
    >>change to date: -72.4 lbs
    >>
    >>Back on the downward trend this week. That's always good news. Remained OP, had 14 leftover Flex
    >>Points, exercised 3 times. Went to a party last Sunday night where cosmopolitan martinis were
    >>served and I partook. Ate ice cream every evening after dinner, went through two containers of
    >>meringue cookies. Yet I lost and didn't feel hungry once. My size 12 jeans are loose around the
    >>tummy and baggy around the thighs. Is it any wonder I love WW?
    >>
    >>This morning I'm doing a bit of housecleaning before my contractor comes to sign the deal to rehab
    >>my kitchen and bathroom. Construction starts the week after next. After he leaves I'm going to the
    >>bike shop for a commuter bike and all the accessories I need to ensure both comfort and safety for
    >>biking in winter.
    >>
    >>Then I'm off to Home Depot for countertop samples and to look at lighting. After that to a
    >>sporting goods/camping store to see about temporary indoor toilets. Or maybe Sears has something.
    >>Once construction starts, I'll be without a bathroom for several weeks. I can shower at the Y, and
    >>a neighbor has offered use of his bathroom once in a while. But when you gotta go, you gotta go!
    >>You don't always have time to jump in the car or walk across the street. Good thing the plumbing
    >>in my basement will still be connected. LOL
    >>
    >>The sun was up before 7 this morning and won't set until 6 this evening. The temp this morning is
    >>32F; predicted high is 45F with mostly sunny skies. Practically summer.
    >>
    >>It's the best day of my life!

  3. You mean She Who Must Be Obeyed By All except bike shops who thought on Saturday they had fenders in
    stock but turns out they didn't so I won't be picking up the bike till later this week and is now
    feeling very disappointed?

    Harumph. I was all set to start bike commuting tomorrow. I figured out my bike route: It's about 50
    blocks from home to work. I made sure I knew where to park my bike: There's a bike rack in the below-
    ground parking garage of my building. I was prepared to buy warmer bike clothes to get me through
    the next month: Snow is predicted for tomorrow.

    The bus strike starts 2 a.m. Thursday, so I still have tomorrow to firm up my plans.

    Guess I'll work out on the pilates machine tonight AFTER I VOTE!

    Linda P

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 06:59:42 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Not only did she purchase a new bike but according to my calculations (but who is counting), she
    >picks it up today! So.....
    >
    >On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 01:37:47 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Nice loss PR, congrats once again! WW sure is the way to go, you are proving you CAN have your
    >>icecream and eat it to. <G> Your prospective new kitchen and potty sure sound nice, although the
    >>portable doesn't sound very exciting. <G> And enjoy that new bike! I see elsewhere that you did
    >>make the official purchase. I hope the weather changes soon and you can get out and have some fun.
    >>
    >>Joyce
    >>
    >>On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 08:00:48 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>My current weight: 159.6 lbs Weight change since my last recorded weight: -1.4 lbs Total weight
    >>>change to date: -72.4 lbs
    >>>
    >>>Back on the downward trend this week. That's always good news. Remained OP, had 14 leftover Flex
    >>>Points, exercised 3 times. Went to a party last Sunday night where cosmopolitan martinis were
    >>>served and I partook. Ate ice cream every evening after dinner, went through two containers of
    >>>meringue cookies. Yet I lost and didn't feel hungry once. My size 12 jeans are loose around the
    >>>tummy and baggy around the thighs. Is it any wonder I love WW?
    >>>
    >>>This morning I'm doing a bit of housecleaning before my contractor comes to sign the deal to
    >>>rehab my kitchen and bathroom. Construction starts the week after next. After he leaves I'm going
    >>>to the bike shop for a commuter bike and all the accessories I need to ensure both comfort and
    >>>safety for biking in winter.
    >>>
    >>>Then I'm off to Home Depot for countertop samples and to look at lighting. After that to a
    >>>sporting goods/camping store to see about temporary indoor toilets. Or maybe Sears has something.
    >>>Once construction starts, I'll be without a bathroom for several weeks. I can shower at the Y,
    >>>and a neighbor has offered use of his bathroom once in a while. But when you gotta go, you gotta
    >>>go! You don't always have time to jump in the car or walk across the street. Good thing the
    >>>plumbing in my basement will still be connected. LOL
    >>>
    >>>The sun was up before 7 this morning and won't set until 6 this evening. The temp this morning is
    >>>32F; predicted high is 45F with mostly sunny skies. Practically summer.
    >>>
    >>>It's the best day of my life!

  4. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Oh, I know what disappointed gratification can be like. So sorry.

    Well, don't push it if it snows or is very cold.

    I use "lobster" mitts for the hands. The semi-mittens with only 3 finger areas so that individual
    fingers are not as cold. A friend uses a balaclava (which I pronounce baklava) to keep her
    face/head warm.

    I hope it comes soon.

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 17:54:38 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:

    >You mean She Who Must Be Obeyed By All except bike shops who thought on Saturday they had fenders
    >in stock but turns out they didn't so I won't be picking up the bike till later this week and is
    >now feeling very disappointed?
    >
    >Harumph. I was all set to start bike commuting tomorrow. I figured out my bike route: It's about 50
    >blocks from home to work. I made sure I knew where to park my bike: There's a bike rack in the below-
    >ground parking garage of my building. I was prepared to buy warmer bike clothes to get me through
    >the next month: Snow is predicted for tomorrow.
    >
    >The bus strike starts 2 a.m. Thursday, so I still have tomorrow to firm up my plans.
    >
    >Guess I'll work out on the pilates machine tonight AFTER I VOTE!
    >
    >Linda P
    >
    >On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 06:59:42 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Not only did she purchase a new bike but according to my calculations (but who is counting), she
    >>picks it up today! So.....
    >>
    >>On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 01:37:47 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Nice loss PR, congrats once again! WW sure is the way to go, you are proving you CAN have your
    >>>icecream and eat it to. <G> Your prospective new kitchen and potty sure sound nice, although
    >>>the portable doesn't sound very exciting. <G> And enjoy that new bike! I see elsewhere that you
    >>>did make the official purchase. I hope the weather changes soon and you can get out and have
    >>>some fun.
    >>>
    >>>Joyce

  5. Thanks for the commiseration.

    I'm still disappointed. And not a little annoyed! BUT the silver lining is that by not picking up
    the bike tonight, I've had time to play with the new cell phone I got today. I can now drive across
    the Wisconsin/Minnesota border (a mere 45 minutes) and use my cell phone. My daughters insisted that
    I switch my cell service from Qwest Wireless (ZERO roaming) before my road trip to Atlanta in a few
    weeks (post-construction). They worry about me traveling that far alone. Can't say I blame 'em.

    I'm going to have to stop buying new toys now because it's almost time for new clothes again. Soon
    both season and size changes will have me back at the mall.

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:12:15 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Oh, I know what disappointed gratification can be like. So sorry.
    >
    >Well, don't push it if it snows or is very cold.
    >
    >I use "lobster" mitts for the hands. The semi-mittens with only 3 finger areas so that individual
    >fingers are not as cold. A friend uses a balaclava (which I pronounce baklava) to keep her
    >face/head warm.
    >
    >I hope it comes soon.
    >
    >On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 17:54:38 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>You mean She Who Must Be Obeyed By All except bike shops who thought on Saturday they had fenders
    >>in stock but turns out they didn't so I won't be picking up the bike till later this week and is
    >>now feeling very disappointed?
    >>
    >>Harumph. I was all set to start bike commuting tomorrow. I figured out my bike route: It's about
    >>50 blocks from home to work. I made sure I knew where to park my bike: There's a bike rack in the
    >>below-ground parking garage of my building. I was prepared to buy warmer bike clothes to get me
    >>through the next month: Snow is predicted for tomorrow.
    >>
    >>The bus strike starts 2 a.m. Thursday, so I still have tomorrow to firm up my plans.
    >>
    >>Guess I'll work out on the pilates machine tonight AFTER I VOTE!
    >>
    >>Linda P
    >>
    >>On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 06:59:42 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Not only did she purchase a new bike but according to my calculations (but who is counting), she
    >>>picks it up today! So.....

    Linda P
    232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  6. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Oh, in a spending mood. I can also understand that. I can roam but it costs. There's a place in the
    mountains that 'roams' me all the way to Canada. It has happened twice. I guess their antenna must
    have a better angle than any that are nearer on this side of the border. The cell phone always comes
    on the bike, too.

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:38:27 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thanks for the commiseration.
    >
    >I'm still disappointed. And not a little annoyed! BUT the silver lining is that by not picking up
    >the bike tonight, I've had time to play with the new cell phone I got today. I can now drive
    >across the Wisconsin/Minnesota border (a mere 45 minutes) and use my cell phone. My daughters
    >insisted that I switch my cell service from Qwest Wireless (ZERO roaming) before my road trip to
    >Atlanta in a few weeks (post-construction). They worry about me traveling that far alone. Can't
    >say I blame 'em.
    >
    >I'm going to have to stop buying new toys now because it's almost time for new clothes again. Soon
    >both season and size changes will have me back at the mall.
    >

    >On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:12:15 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Oh, I know what disappointed gratification can be like. So sorry.
    >>
    >>Well, don't push it if it snows or is very cold.
    >>
    >>I use "lobster" mitts for the hands. The semi-mittens with only 3 finger areas so that individual
    >>fingers are not as cold. A friend uses a balaclava (which I pronounce baklava) to keep her
    >>face/head warm.
    >>
    >>I hope it comes soon.
    >>
    >>On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 17:54:38 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>You mean She Who Must Be Obeyed By All except bike shops who thought on Saturday they had fenders
    >>>in stock but turns out they didn't so I won't be picking up the bike till later this week and is
    >>>now feeling very disappointed?
    >>>
    >>>Harumph. I was all set to start bike commuting tomorrow. I figured out my bike route: It's about
    >>>50 blocks from home to work. I made sure I knew where to park my bike: There's a bike rack in the
    >>>below-ground parking garage of my building. I was prepared to buy warmer bike clothes to get me
    >>>through the next month: Snow is predicted for tomorrow.
    >>>
    >>>The bus strike starts 2 a.m. Thursday, so I still have tomorrow to firm up my plans.
    >>>
    >>>Guess I'll work out on the pilates machine tonight AFTER I VOTE!
    >>>
    >>>Linda P

    >Linda P
    >232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  7. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    I hated those roaming charges. Gotta say though, I love my Nextel. Is a bit pricier than most of the
    other services, but for our family (and friends) it has been well worth every penny. The 2-way radio
    feature is wonderful ... just beep and talk. I no longer have to go hoarse calling my kids
    downstairs for dinner ... or fighting busy signals when they are visiting their sister who lives on
    the phone. <G>

    Joyce

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:38:27 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thanks for the commiseration.
    >
    >I'm still disappointed. And not a little annoyed! BUT the silver lining is that by not picking up
    >the bike tonight, I've had time to play with the new cell phone I got today. I can now drive
    >across the Wisconsin/Minnesota border (a mere 45 minutes) and use my cell phone. My daughters
    >insisted that I switch my cell service from Qwest Wireless (ZERO roaming) before my road trip to
    >Atlanta in a few weeks (post-construction). They worry about me traveling that far alone. Can't
    >say I blame 'em.
    >
    >I'm going to have to stop buying new toys now because it's almost time for new clothes again. Soon
    >both season and size changes will have me back at the mall.
    >

    >On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:12:15 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Oh, I know what disappointed gratification can be like. So sorry.
    >>
    >>Well, don't push it if it snows or is very cold.
    >>
    >>I use "lobster" mitts for the hands. The semi-mittens with only 3 finger areas so that individual
    >>fingers are not as cold. A friend uses a balaclava (which I pronounce baklava) to keep her
    >>face/head warm.
    >>
    >>I hope it comes soon.
    >>
    >>On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 17:54:38 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>You mean She Who Must Be Obeyed By All except bike shops who thought on Saturday they had fenders
    >>>in stock but turns out they didn't so I won't be picking up the bike till later this week and is
    >>>now feeling very disappointed?
    >>>
    >>>Harumph. I was all set to start bike commuting tomorrow. I figured out my bike route: It's about
    >>>50 blocks from home to work. I made sure I knew where to park my bike: There's a bike rack in the
    >>>below-ground parking garage of my building. I was prepared to buy warmer bike clothes to get me
    >>>through the next month: Snow is predicted for tomorrow.
    >>>
    >>>The bus strike starts 2 a.m. Thursday, so I still have tomorrow to firm up my plans.
    >>>
    >>>Guess I'll work out on the pilates machine tonight AFTER I VOTE!
    >>>
    >>>Linda P

    >Linda P
    >232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  8. Fred

    Fred Guest

    I know WORK uses that "walkie-talkie" service for the field crews. I actually use my cell phone
    very, very infrequently. Mostly for emergency backup, and for long distance where my calling is
    free. Intermittently just for convenience. But my phone is NOT on ordinarily and so I do not receive
    many calls.

    On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 02:16:57 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I hated those roaming charges. Gotta say though, I love my Nextel. Is a bit pricier than most of
    >the other services, but for our family (and friends) it has been well worth every penny. The 2-way
    >radio feature is wonderful ... just beep and talk. I no longer have to go hoarse calling my kids
    >downstairs for dinner ... or fighting busy signals when they are visiting their sister who lives on
    >the phone. <G>
    >
    >Joyce
    >
    >On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:38:27 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Thanks for the commiseration.
    >>
    >>I'm still disappointed. And not a little annoyed! BUT the silver lining is that by not picking up
    >>the bike tonight, I've had time to play with the new cell phone I got today. I can now drive
    >>across the Wisconsin/Minnesota border (a mere 45 minutes) and use my cell phone. My daughters
    >>insisted that I switch my cell service from Qwest Wireless (ZERO roaming) before my road trip to
    >>Atlanta in a few weeks (post-construction). They worry about me traveling that far alone. Can't
    >>say I blame 'em.
    >>
    >>I'm going to have to stop buying new toys now because it's almost time for new clothes again. Soon
    >>both season and size changes will have me back at the mall.
    >>

    >>On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:12:15 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Oh, I know what disappointed gratification can be like. So sorry.
    >>>
    >>>Well, don't push it if it snows or is very cold.
    >>>
    >>>I use "lobster" mitts for the hands. The semi-mittens with only 3 finger areas so that individual
    >>>fingers are not as cold. A friend uses a balaclava (which I pronounce baklava) to keep her
    >>>face/head warm.
    >>>
    >>>I hope it comes soon.

    >>Linda P
    >>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  9. Your usage describes mine as well. I mostly use mine to call my mom and tell I'll be later than
    expected. When inquiring about whether to port my old cell number or get a new one, I decided there
    was much less aggravation in asking the three people who have my cell number to update their records
    with a new number than to hound Qwest into letting me keep the old one.

    On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 08:42:37 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I know WORK uses that "walkie-talkie" service for the field crews. I actually use my cell phone
    >very, very infrequently. Mostly for emergency backup, and for long distance where my calling is
    >free. Intermittently just for convenience. But my phone is NOT on ordinarily and so I do not
    >receive many calls.
    >
    >On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 02:16:57 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>I hated those roaming charges. Gotta say though, I love my Nextel. Is a bit pricier than most of
    >>the other services, but for our family (and friends) it has been well worth every penny. The 2-way
    >>radio feature is wonderful ... just beep and talk. I no longer have to go hoarse calling my kids
    >>downstairs for dinner ... or fighting busy signals when they are visiting their sister who lives
    >>on the phone. <G>
    >>
    >>Joyce
    >>
    >>On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:38:27 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Thanks for the commiseration.
    >>>
    >>>I'm still disappointed. And not a little annoyed! BUT the silver lining is that by not picking up
    >>>the bike tonight, I've had time to play with the new cell phone I got today. I can now drive
    >>>across the Wisconsin/Minnesota border (a mere 45 minutes) and use my cell phone. My daughters
    >>>insisted that I switch my cell service from Qwest Wireless (ZERO roaming) before my road trip to
    >>>Atlanta in a few weeks (post-construction). They worry about me traveling that far alone. Can't
    >>>say I blame 'em.
    >>>
    >>>I'm going to have to stop buying new toys now because it's almost time for new clothes again.
    >>>Soon both season and size changes will have me back at the mall.

    >>>Linda P
    >>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

    Linda P
    232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  10. Fred

    Fred Guest

    I had not thought about that number portability. A few friends and my sister have it but when I do
    find voice mail messages on it, they are usually 3-7 days old! (G) But I'm not changing yet so it is
    not yet an issue

    On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 17:56:08 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Your usage describes mine as well. I mostly use mine to call my mom and tell I'll be later than
    >expected. When inquiring about whether to port my old cell number or get a new one, I decided there
    >was much less aggravation in asking the three people who have my cell number to update their
    >records with a new number than to hound Qwest into letting me keep the old one.
    >
    >On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 08:42:37 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>I know WORK uses that "walkie-talkie" service for the field crews. I actually use my cell phone
    >>very, very infrequently. Mostly for emergency backup, and for long distance where my calling is
    >>free. Intermittently just for convenience. But my phone is NOT on ordinarily and so I do not
    >>receive many calls.
    >>
    >>On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 02:16:57 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I hated those roaming charges. Gotta say though, I love my Nextel. Is a bit pricier than most of
    >>>the other services, but for our family (and friends) it has been well worth every penny. The 2-
    >>>way radio feature is wonderful ... just beep and talk. I no longer have to go hoarse calling my
    >>>kids downstairs for dinner ... or fighting busy signals when they are visiting their sister who
    >>>lives on the phone. <G>
    >>>
    >>>Joyce

    >Linda P
    >232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  11. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    That's kinda what started us thinking of moving towards the Nextel service. Hub carried two phones,
    used the pager for work (he runs field crews) and the other one for whatever. Then our oldest girl
    went with the nextel, baseball crew went with nextel, and sonny boy started work with dad ... would
    have to carry two phones so he had the pager when on the jobsites. We switched, found it was
    fantastic when he was away at school, easily able to get ahold of each other. Daughter and sil,
    same thing - just much easier. Then my brother got one also, seems to be a lot of people moving
    into this option.

    I use my phone very seldom, but have to keep it on since it is the home office line. Most all calls
    are incoming and pages - I probably don't log 30 minutes of outgoing calls. So we have a plan with
    free incoming calls, unlimited paging and free long distance. Still more expensive than some of
    those cheaper companies, but service has been great ... so far ... so I can't complain too much. So
    3 phones on this plan (hubs is through his office) ... mine is pretty much emergency use, sons is
    work and pleasure (girlfriend), and youngest daughters is her lifeline. <G> The home phone now has
    become used primarily for the nursing home ... and tech support. <G>

    Joyce

    On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 08:42:37 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I know WORK uses that "walkie-talkie" service for the field crews. I actually use my cell phone
    >very, very infrequently. Mostly for emergency backup, and for long distance where my calling is
    >free. Intermittently just for convenience. But my phone is NOT on ordinarily and so I do not
    >receive many calls.
    >
    >On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 02:16:57 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>I hated those roaming charges. Gotta say though, I love my Nextel. Is a bit pricier than most of
    >>the other services, but for our family (and friends) it has been well worth every penny. The 2-way
    >>radio feature is wonderful ... just beep and talk. I no longer have to go hoarse calling my kids
    >>downstairs for dinner ... or fighting busy signals when they are visiting their sister who lives
    >>on the phone. <G>
    >>
    >>Joyce
    >>
    >>On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:38:27 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Thanks for the commiseration.
    >>>
    >>>I'm still disappointed. And not a little annoyed! BUT the silver lining is that by not picking up
    >>>the bike tonight, I've had time to play with the new cell phone I got today. I can now drive
    >>>across the Wisconsin/Minnesota border (a mere 45 minutes) and use my cell phone. My daughters
    >>>insisted that I switch my cell service from Qwest Wireless (ZERO roaming) before my road trip to
    >>>Atlanta in a few weeks (post-construction). They worry about me traveling that far alone. Can't
    >>>say I blame 'em.
    >>>
    >>>I'm going to have to stop buying new toys now because it's almost time for new clothes again.
    >>>Soon both season and size changes will have me back at the mall.

    >>>Linda P
    >>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  12. I got the voice mail and the phone for my use, not other people, don't want
    to leave a message??? I guess you don't want to talk very bad do you??? Lee,
    this is a hot button for me ... "I tried calling but you didn't answer...
    Why no I didn't leave a message, guess I should have... you do have such a
    nice message... I guess it did say leave a message and you will return the
    call promptly... GRRR
    news:[email protected]...