RAFL wk 4 - Laura (LJ)

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Laura, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Laura

    Laura Guest

    New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due to wearing clothes for the
    WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I am getting no where with
    this diet. Sooooo,

    I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something right so I figured I'd use mom's
    xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale and an exercise tape at Kmart too.

    What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to the
    demand. It was a full house. I did not know of the second meeting nor about the change in meeting
    times. I got there around 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior to
    the second meeting. I did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go to WW. Next week I will get
    there around 7:20 to be in line in time for the first meeting. I never made to Curves today but I
    did stop at Kmart and bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like this that I can't make it to
    Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking one of those up at my next
    Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was not surprised when they only had 3 different
    exercise tapes.

    I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things that
    we discussed are worth sharing. One was how bad it was to always have the same meals day after day.
    So I will alternate my breakfasts as well as my lunches once again. I will probably go back to Lean
    Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a nice variety of lunches. Maybe
    throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles a few days. Dinner has never
    been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group was that she
    had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she was not exactly sure how many points
    she was eating. So...I am going to be extra careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to
    treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration
    giving me permission to over do it.

    So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

    Tags:

  2. Sorry about the gain, Laura, but it looks like you should lose it next week & hopefully a bit more.
    It's depressing when you gain & the fault is not yours, but it will come off. Elaine K

    Laura wrote:

    >New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due to wearing clothes for the
    >WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I am getting no where with
    >this diet. Sooooo,
    >
    >I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something right so I figured I'd use
    >mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale and an exercise tape at Kmart too.
    >
    >What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to the
    >demand. It was a full house. I did not know of the second meeting nor about the change in meeting
    >times. I got there around 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior to
    >the second meeting. I did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go to WW. Next week I will get
    >there around 7:20 to be in line in time for the first meeting. I never made to Curves today but I
    >did stop at Kmart and bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like this that I can't make it to
    >Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking one of those up at my next
    >Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was not surprised when they only had 3 different
    >exercise tapes.
    >
    >I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
    >that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how bad it was to always have the same meals day after
    >day. So I will alternate my breakfasts as well as my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
    >Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a nice variety of lunches.
    >Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles a few days. Dinner has
    >never been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group was
    >that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she was not exactly sure how
    >many points she was eating. So...I am going to be extra careful about what I eat when dinning out.
    >She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a
    >celebration giving me permission to over do it.
    >
    >So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

  3. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Hopefully attending meetings will help.

    Since you do seem to eat out more than some folks, I can see that you do need to treat it just like
    eating at home - nothing extraordinary, no celebrations and not "wonderful" desserts. I do eat
    lunches out but keep those normal and take home half. Dinners out are special - I don't do them as
    much as I use to - calories/points and costs.

    Good luck and enjoy those exercise videos.

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 19:21:35 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due to wearing clothes for the
    >WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I am getting no where with
    >this diet. Sooooo,
    >
    >I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something right so I figured I'd use
    >mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale and an exercise tape at Kmart too.
    >
    >What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to the
    >demand. It was a full house. I did not know of the second meeting nor about the change in meeting
    >times. I got there around 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior to
    >the second meeting. I did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go to WW. Next week I will get
    >there around 7:20 to be in line in time for the first meeting. I never made to Curves today but I
    >did stop at Kmart and bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like this that I can't make it to
    >Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking one of those up at my next
    >Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was not surprised when they only had 3 different
    >exercise tapes.
    >
    >I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
    >that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how bad it was to always have the same meals day after
    >day. So I will alternate my breakfasts as well as my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
    >Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a nice variety of lunches.
    >Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles a few days. Dinner has
    >never been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group was
    >that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she was not exactly sure how
    >many points she was eating. So...I am going to be extra careful about what I eat when dinning out.
    >She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a
    >celebration giving me permission to over do it.
    >
    >So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

  4. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Laura:

    It's no fun when you can't strip to weigh in, is it? I'm sure you will go back to losing next week.
    I think it is a good idea to try to eat your out meals as close to home meals as you
    can...pointswise.

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5

  5. Our meeting was unusually busy this morning too. We actually have 5 Saturday meetings though and
    this was the mid-day meeting and I have never seen it so busy. I did hear one of the greeters say
    that today was the last day of their special to join and also to receive the Fast Track program with
    the DVD. So I think everyone was there to get in at the last moment, to get the free DVD and also
    pay less money.

    Debbie

    "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due
    > wearing clothes for the WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I am
    > getting no where with this diet. Sooooo,
    >
    > I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something right
    so
    > I figured I'd use mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale and
    an
    > exercise tape at Kmart too.
    >
    > What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to the
    > demand. It was a full house. I did not know of the second meeting nor about the change in meeting
    > times. I got there
    around
    > 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior to the second meeting. I
    > did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go to WW. Next week I will get there around 7:20 to
    > be in line in time for the first meeting. I never made to Curves today but I did stop at Kmart and
    > bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like this that I can't make it
    > Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking one
    of
    > those up at my next Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was not surprised when they only
    > had 3 different exercise tapes.
    >
    > I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
    > that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how
    bad
    > it was to always have the same meals day after day. So I will alternate my breakfasts as well as
    > my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
    Lean
    > Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a nice variety of lunches.
    > Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles a few days. Dinner
    > has never been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group
    > was that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
    was
    > not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
    extra
    > careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
    > just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
    >
    > So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

  6. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Good for you joining WW again, I 'm sure you 'll find it helpful. It might be exactly what you
    needed to get back on the losing wagon. And your leader sounds like someone you can really discuss
    and share things with. I wish you success!!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.102/212 lbs "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due
    > wearing clothes for the WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I am
    > getting no where with this diet. Sooooo,
    >
    > I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something right
    so
    > I figured I'd use mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale and
    an
    > exercise tape at Kmart too.
    >
    > What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to the
    > demand. It was a full house. I did not know of the second meeting nor about the change in meeting
    > times. I got there
    around
    > 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior to the second meeting. I
    > did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go to WW. Next week I will get there around 7:20 to
    > be in line in time for the first meeting. I never made to Curves today but I did stop at Kmart and
    > bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like this that I can't make it
    > Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking one
    of
    > those up at my next Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was not surprised when they only
    > had 3 different exercise tapes.
    >
    > I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
    > that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how
    bad
    > it was to always have the same meals day after day. So I will alternate my breakfasts as well as
    > my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
    Lean
    > Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a nice variety of lunches.
    > Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles a few days. Dinner
    > has never been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group
    > was that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
    was
    > not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
    extra
    > careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
    > just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
    >
    > So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

  7. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    >So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

    Good luck getting back on track next week. You seem to know what went wrong and are
    putting it right.

    Eating out is a problem for me too. I try to avoid sweets and have a starter (usually soup) instead.
    I'm not that hot on sweet things so that isn't a sacrifice. My problem is buying a 16oz steak
    instead of an 8 oz one.

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk overall - 273/206/182

  8. There's a saying in 12-step groups about becoming willing to go to any lengths. Sounds like that's
    where you are: you're doing whatever it takes to find what works for you. I can see where eating out
    frequently would cause difficulties. I like your leader's suggestion not to eat anything for which
    you don't know the points.

    With this kind of dedication, Laura, and the assistance of a leader who sounds both knowledgable and
    helpful, you'll get this figured out. Good for you for not giving up.

    Prairie Roots

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 19:21:35 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due to wearing clothes for the
    >WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I am getting no where with
    >this diet. Sooooo,
    >
    >I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something right so I figured I'd use
    >mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale and an exercise tape at Kmart too.
    >
    >What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to the
    >demand. It was a full house. I did not know of the second meeting nor about the change in meeting
    >times. I got there around 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior to
    >the second meeting. I did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go to WW. Next week I will get
    >there around 7:20 to be in line in time for the first meeting. I never made to Curves today but I
    >did stop at Kmart and bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like this that I can't make it to
    >Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking one of those up at my next
    >Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was not surprised when they only had 3 different
    >exercise tapes.
    >
    >I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
    >that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how bad it was to always have the same meals day after
    >day. So I will alternate my breakfasts as well as my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
    >Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a nice variety of lunches.
    >Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles a few days. Dinner has
    >never been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group was
    >that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she was not exactly sure how
    >many points she was eating. So...I am going to be extra careful about what I eat when dinning out.
    >She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a
    >celebration giving me permission to over do it.
    >
    >So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

  9. glad you are taking charge of you, which tape did you end up with and do you
    like it? Lee
    Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due
    > wearing clothes for the WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I am
    > getting no where with this diet. Sooooo,
    >
    > I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something right
    so
    > I figured I'd use mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale and
    an
    > exercise tape at Kmart too.
    >
    > What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to the
    > demand. It was a full house. I did not know of the second meeting nor about the change in meeting
    > times. I got there
    around
    > 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior to the second meeting. I
    > did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go to WW. Next week I will get there around 7:20 to
    > be in line in time for the first meeting. I never made to Curves today but I did stop at Kmart and
    > bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like this that I can't make it
    > Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking one
    of
    > those up at my next Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was not surprised when they only
    > had 3 different exercise tapes.
    >
    > I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
    > that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how
    bad
    > it was to always have the same meals day after day. So I will alternate my breakfasts as well as
    > my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
    Lean
    > Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a nice variety of lunches.
    > Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles a few days. Dinner
    > has never been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group
    > was that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
    was
    > not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
    extra
    > careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
    > just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
    >
    > So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

  10. Sorry about the little gain Laura. Good luck next week.

    Brenda

    "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due
    > wearing clothes for the WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I am
    > getting no where with this diet. Sooooo,
    >
    > I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something right
    so
    > I figured I'd use mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale and
    an
    > exercise tape at Kmart too.
    >
    > What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to the
    > demand. It was a full house. I did not know of the second meeting nor about the change in meeting
    > times. I got there
    around
    > 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior to the second meeting. I
    > did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go to WW. Next week I will get there around 7:20 to
    > be in line in time for the first meeting. I never made to Curves today but I did stop at Kmart and
    > bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like this that I can't make it
    > Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking one
    of
    > those up at my next Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was not surprised when they only
    > had 3 different exercise tapes.
    >
    > I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
    > that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how
    bad
    > it was to always have the same meals day after day. So I will alternate my breakfasts as well as
    > my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
    Lean
    > Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a nice variety of lunches.
    > Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles a few days. Dinner
    > has never been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group
    > was that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
    was
    > not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
    extra
    > careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
    > just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
    >
    > So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

  11. Laura

    Laura Guest

    I certainly hope so. It has been very frustrating since Labor day as I am barely losing a half a
    pound a week these days. Maybe going back to the meetings will keep me more focused.

    "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sorry about the gain, Laura, but it looks like you should lose it next week & hopefully a bit
    > more. It's depressing when you gain & the fault is not yours, but it will come off. Elaine K
    >
    > Laura wrote:
    >
    > >New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due
    > >wearing clothes for the WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I
    > >am getting no where with this diet. Sooooo,
    > >
    > >I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something right
    so
    > >I figured I'd use mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale and
    an
    > >exercise tape at Kmart too.
    > >
    > >What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to
    > >the demand. It was a full house. I did not know
    of
    > >the second meeting nor about the change in meeting times. I got there
    around
    > >8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior to the second meeting. I
    > >did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go
    > >WW. Next week I will get there around 7:20 to be in line in time for the first meeting. I never
    > >made to Curves today but I did stop at Kmart and bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like
    > >this that I can't make it
    > >Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking one
    of
    > >those up at my next Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was not surprised when they
    > >only had 3 different exercise tapes.
    > >
    > >I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
    > >that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how
    bad
    > >it was to always have the same meals day after day. So I will alternate
    my
    > >breakfasts as well as my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
    Lean
    > >Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a
    nice
    > >variety of lunches. Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles
    > >a few days. Dinner has never been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she
    > >pointed out to the group
    was
    > >that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
    was
    > >not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
    extra
    > >careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
    > >just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
    > >
    > >So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

  12. Laura

    Laura Guest

    How I deal with dinners out seems to be the basic culprit. Although this week I was better. Tuesday
    we went to Applebees and I had their Low Fat blacken chicken. I was hungry so I had the full size
    for 8.5 points. For dessert I had their LF shortcake for 4.5 points. I had been to curves so I had
    some extra points to kill. By the end of the week I had plenty of Flex points left over so I am not
    sure why I did not lose any weight this week. This is why I am so frustrated and wonder what <insert
    explative> is going on with my body.

    news:p[email protected]...

> [...]
    > >Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a
    nice
    > >variety of lunches. Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles
    > >a few days. Dinner has never been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she
    > >pointed out to the group
    was
    > >that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
    was
    > >not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
    extra
    > >careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
    > >just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
    > >
    > >So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

  13. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Thanks Connie. That certainly will be my challenge for the weeks to come.

    "Connie" <[email protected]_primus.ca> wrote in message news:[email protected]_primus.ca...
> [...]
    > > Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a
    nice
    > > variety of lunches. Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles
    > > a few days. Dinner has never been a
    problem.
    > > That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group
    was
    > > that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
    was
    > > not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
    extra
    > > careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
    > > just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
    > >
    > > So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

  14. Laura

    Laura Guest

    In addition to it being the last day of the FT promo they were also closed Tuesday and Wednesday
    because of the storm we had Tuesday night. They only had 2 weighers because they base the week's
    weighers on the attendence level of the previous week. So next Saturday they'll have plenty of
    people to weigh us in. Another reason a lot of people went yesterday was because they "THOUGHT" the
    Free Registration promo ended Jan 31. It has been extended to March. That was the main reason I went
    yesterday and signed up again. As for the Fast Track program, we had to ask for them in order to get
    one. That or my weigher was so frazzled by the number of people there that she forgot to give me
    one. I asked one of the other staffers for one.

    "Deb in Northern California" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:uvudnYazmvxs4oHdRVn-
    [email protected]
    > Our meeting was unusually busy this morning too. We actually have 5 Saturday meetings though and
    > this was the mid-day meeting and I have never seen it so busy. I did hear one of the greeters say
    > that today was the
    last
    > day of their special to join and also to receive the Fast Track program
    with
    > the DVD. So I think everyone was there to get in at the last moment, to
    get
    > the free DVD and also pay less money.
    >
    > Debbie
    >
    > "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > > New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due
    > > wearing clothes for the WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I
    > > am getting no where with this diet. Sooooo,
    > >
    > > I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something
    right
    > so
    > > I figured I'd use mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale
    and
    > an
    > > exercise tape at Kmart too.
    > >
    > > What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to
    > > the demand. It was a full house. I did not know
    of
    > > the second meeting nor about the change in meeting times. I got there
    > around
    > > 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior
    > > the second meeting. I did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go
    > > WW. Next week I will get there around 7:20 to be in line in time for the first meeting. I never
    > > made to Curves today but I did stop at Kmart and bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like
    > > this that I can't make
    it
    > > Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking
    one
    > of
    > > those up at my next Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was
    not
    > > surprised when they only had 3 different exercise tapes.
    > >
    > > I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
    > > that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how
    > bad
    > > it was to always have the same meals day after day. So I will alternate
    my
    > > breakfasts as well as my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
    > Lean
    > > Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a
    nice
    > > variety of lunches. Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles
    > > a few days. Dinner has never been a
    problem.
    > > That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group
    was
    > > that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
    > was
    > > not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
    > extra
    > > careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
    > > just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
    > >
    > > So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

  15. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Thanks Nathalie. That was my thinking also. I need a little more one on one these days to help me
    figure out what I am doing wrong and to keep me honest about it. I think the fact that I am now
    paying for it (or rather mom is) will keep me more on track. I'm cheap and don't like wasting money.

    I have not decided if I will continue with the saturday meetings. A bunch from Curves go Monday
    nights after Curves. If the saturday meeting does not settle down to a reasonable number of people I
    might switch. I'm not sure if it is the same leader or not.

    "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > Good for you joining WW again, I 'm sure you 'll find it helpful. It might be exactly what you
    > needed to get back on the losing wagon. And your
    leader
    > sounds like someone you can really discuss and share things with. I wish you success!!
    > --
    > Nathalie from Belgium
    > 134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    > 295.6/223.5/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/101.4/96 Kg
    > 232/223.5/212 lbs "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:2fTSb.40353$6O4.115563[email protected]
    > news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > > New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due
    > > wearing clothes for the WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I
    > > am getting no where with this diet. Sooooo,
    > >
    > > I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something
    right
    > so
    > > I figured I'd use mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale
    and
    > an
    > > exercise tape at Kmart too.
    > >
    > > What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to
    > > the demand. It was a full house. I did not know
    of
    > > the second meeting nor about the change in meeting times. I got there
    > around
    > > 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior
    > > the second meeting. I did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go
    > > WW. Next week I will get there around 7:20 to be in line in time for the first meeting. I never
    > > made to Curves today but I did stop at Kmart and bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like
    > > this that I can't make
    it
    > > Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking
    one
    > of
    > > those up at my next Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was
    not
    > > surprised when they only had 3 different exercise tapes.
    > >
    > > I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
    > > that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how
    > bad
    > > it was to always have the same meals day after day. So I will alternate
    my
    > > breakfasts as well as my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
    > Lean
    > > Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a
    nice
    > > variety of lunches. Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles
    > > a few days. Dinner has never been a
    problem.
    > > That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group
    was
    > > that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
    > was
    > > not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
    > extra
    > > careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
    > > just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
    > >
    > > So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

  16. Laura

    Laura Guest

    "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.
    >
    > Good luck getting back on track next week. You seem to know what went wrong and are putting
    > it right.
    >
    > Eating out is a problem for me too. I try to avoid sweets and have a starter (usually soup)
    > instead. I'm not that hot on sweet things so that isn't a sacrifice. My problem is buying a 16oz
    > steak instead of an 8 oz one.

    I think I am swayed by what my eating partner (over weight/diabetic) is having instead of ignoring
    her and having what I know is good for me. Tuesday I did okay. I had Applebees LF Blackened chicken
    salad with ranch dressing (on the side) plus their LF strawberry shortcake for a total of 13 points.
    Friday night I blew it by having a {heavenly} chimichanga at our local mexican restaurant with my
    husband. 1/2 portion was 11 points. I did not know how many point it was until I got home. I ate
    both pieces because I did not know any better. I usually have the Tilaipa when I go there but I
    wanted something different {long hard week?}.

    I am going to start bringing my PDA with wwcalc on it to restaurants so that I can look things up. I
    asked for the dang thing for xmas and now I need to start using it.

  17. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Thanks PR. I think that's about where I am. The holidays are over and it is time to get down
    to business.

    "Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> [...]
    > >Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a
    nice
    > >variety of lunches. Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles
    > >a few days. Dinner has never been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she
    > >pointed out to the group
    was
    > >that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
    was
    > >not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
    extra
    > >careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
    > >just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
    > >
    > >So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

  18. Laura

    Laura Guest

    The tape is called "walk your way slim". It says "Burn fat and boost energy with easy cardio moves".
    It was only $8 so if I don't like it I'm not out a lot of money.

    I have not had a chance to try it out yet. We were busy cleaning today.

    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > glad you are taking charge of you, which tape did you end up with and do
    you
    > like it? Lee Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > > New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due
    > > wearing clothes for the WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I
    > > am getting no where with this diet. Sooooo,
    > >
    > > I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something
    right
    > so
    > > I figured I'd use mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale
    and
    > an
    > > exercise tape at Kmart too.
    > >
    > > What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to
    > > the demand. It was a full house. I did not know
    of
    > > the second meeting nor about the change in meeting times. I got there
    > around
    > > 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior
    > > the second meeting. I did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go
    > > WW. Next week I will get there around 7:20 to be in line in time for the first meeting. I never
    > > made to Curves today but I did stop at Kmart and bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like
    > > this that I can't make
    it
    > > Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking
    one
    > of
    > > those up at my next Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was
    not
    > > surprised when they only had 3 different exercise tapes.
    > >
    > > I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
    > > that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how
    > bad
    > > it was to always have the same meals day after day. So I will alternate
    my
    > > breakfasts as well as my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
    > Lean
    > > Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a
    nice
    > > variety of lunches. Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles
    > > a few days. Dinner has never been a
    problem.
    > > That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group
    was
    > > that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
    > was
    > > not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
    > extra
    > > careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
    > > just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
    > >
    > > So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

  19. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Thanks Brenda. The scale is already down some. Let's hope it stays down. It is usually down Sun to
    Tues and then creeps up by Saturday.

    "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sorry about the little gain Laura. Good luck next week.
    >
    > Brenda
    >
    > "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > > New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due
    > > wearing clothes for the WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I
    > > am getting no where with this diet. Sooooo,
    > >
    > > I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something
    right
    > so
    > > I figured I'd use mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale
    and
    > an
    > > exercise tape at Kmart too.
    > >
    > > What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to
    > > the demand. It was a full house. I did not know
    of
    > > the second meeting nor about the change in meeting times. I got there
    > around
    > > 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior
    > > the second meeting. I did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go
    > > WW. Next week I will get there around 7:20 to be in line in time for the first meeting. I never
    > > made to Curves today but I did stop at Kmart and bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like
    > > this that I can't make
    it
    > > Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking
    one
    > of
    > > those up at my next Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was
    not
    > > surprised when they only had 3 different exercise tapes.
    > >
    > > I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
    > > that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how
    > bad
    > > it was to always have the same meals day after day. So I will alternate
    my
    > > breakfasts as well as my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
    > Lean
    > > Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a
    nice
    > > variety of lunches. Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles
    > > a few days. Dinner has never been a
    problem.
    > > That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group
    was
    > > that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
    > was
    > > not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
    > extra
    > > careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
    > > just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
    > >
    > > So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

  20. how did you get the points for applebys? Lee