RAFL wk 4 - Laura (LJ)

Laura

Guest
New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due to wearing clothes for the
WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I am getting no where with
this diet. Sooooo,

I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something right so I figured I'd use mom's
xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale and an exercise tape at Kmart too.

What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to the
demand. It was a full house. I did not know of the second meeting nor about the change in meeting
times. I got there around 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior to
the second meeting. I did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go to WW. Next week I will get
there around 7:20 to be in line in time for the first meeting. I never made to Curves today but I
did stop at Kmart and bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like this that I can't make it to
Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking one of those up at my next
Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was not surprised when they only had 3 different
exercise tapes.

I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things that
we discussed are worth sharing. One was how bad it was to always have the same meals day after day.
So I will alternate my breakfasts as well as my lunches once again. I will probably go back to Lean
Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a nice variety of lunches. Maybe
throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles a few days. Dinner has never
been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group was that she
had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she was not exactly sure how many points
she was eating. So...I am going to be extra careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to
treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration
giving me permission to over do it.

So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

Sorry about the gain, Laura, but it looks like you should lose it next week & hopefully a bit more.
It's depressing when you gain & the fault is not yours, but it will come off. Elaine K

Laura wrote:

>New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due to wearing clothes for the
>WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I am getting no where with
>this diet. Sooooo,
>
>I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something right so I figured I'd use
>mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale and an exercise tape at Kmart too.
>
>What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to the
>demand. It was a full house. I did not know of the second meeting nor about the change in meeting
>times. I got there around 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior to
>the second meeting. I did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go to WW. Next week I will get
>there around 7:20 to be in line in time for the first meeting. I never made to Curves today but I
>did stop at Kmart and bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like this that I can't make it to
>Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking one of those up at my next
>Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was not surprised when they only had 3 different
>exercise tapes.
>
>I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
>that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how bad it was to always have the same meals day after
>day. So I will alternate my breakfasts as well as my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
>Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a nice variety of lunches.
>Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles a few days. Dinner has
>never been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group was
>that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she was not exactly sure how
>many points she was eating. So...I am going to be extra careful about what I eat when dinning out.
>She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a
>celebration giving me permission to over do it.
>
>So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

Hopefully attending meetings will help.

Since you do seem to eat out more than some folks, I can see that you do need to treat it just like
eating at home - nothing extraordinary, no celebrations and not "wonderful" desserts. I do eat
lunches out but keep those normal and take home half. Dinners out are special - I don't do them as
much as I use to - calories/points and costs.

Good luck and enjoy those exercise videos.

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 19:21:35 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due to wearing clothes for the
>WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I am getting no where with
>this diet. Sooooo,
>
>I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something right so I figured I'd use
>mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale and an exercise tape at Kmart too.
>
>What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to the
>demand. It was a full house. I did not know of the second meeting nor about the change in meeting
>times. I got there around 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior to
>the second meeting. I did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go to WW. Next week I will get
>there around 7:20 to be in line in time for the first meeting. I never made to Curves today but I
>did stop at Kmart and bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like this that I can't make it to
>Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking one of those up at my next
>Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was not surprised when they only had 3 different
>exercise tapes.
>
>I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
>that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how bad it was to always have the same meals day after
>day. So I will alternate my breakfasts as well as my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
>Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a nice variety of lunches.
>Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles a few days. Dinner has
>never been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group was
>that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she was not exactly sure how
>many points she was eating. So...I am going to be extra careful about what I eat when dinning out.
>She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a
>celebration giving me permission to over do it.
>
>So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

Laura:

It's no fun when you can't strip to weigh in, is it? I'm sure you will go back to losing next week.
I think it is a good idea to try to eat your out meals as close to home meals as you
can...pointswise.

Connie

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5

Our meeting was unusually busy this morning too. We actually have 5 Saturday meetings though and
this was the mid-day meeting and I have never seen it so busy. I did hear one of the greeters say
that today was the last day of their special to join and also to receive the Fast Track program with
the DVD. So I think everyone was there to get in at the last moment, to get the free DVD and also
pay less money.

Debbie

"Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:2fTSb.40353$6O4.1155636@bgtnsc04-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due
> wearing clothes for the WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I am
> getting no where with this diet. Sooooo,
>
> I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something right
so
> I figured I'd use mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale and
an
> exercise tape at Kmart too.
>
> What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to the
> demand. It was a full house. I did not know of the second meeting nor about the change in meeting
> times. I got there
around
> 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior to the second meeting. I
> did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go to WW. Next week I will get there around 7:20 to
> be in line in time for the first meeting. I never made to Curves today but I did stop at Kmart and
> bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like this that I can't make it
> Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking one
of
> those up at my next Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was not surprised when they only
> had 3 different exercise tapes.
>
> I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
> that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how
bad
> it was to always have the same meals day after day. So I will alternate my breakfasts as well as
> my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
Lean
> Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a nice variety of lunches.
> Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles a few days. Dinner
> has never been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group
> was that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
was
> not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
extra
> careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
> just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
>
> So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

Good for you joining WW again, I 'm sure you 'll find it helpful. It might be exactly what you
needed to get back on the losing wagon. And your leader sounds like someone you can really discuss
and share things with. I wish you success!!
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
134/1.102/212 lbs "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:2fTSb.40353$6O4.1155636@bgtnsc04-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due
> wearing clothes for the WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I am
> getting no where with this diet. Sooooo,
>
> I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something right
so
> I figured I'd use mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale and
an
> exercise tape at Kmart too.
>
> What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to the
> demand. It was a full house. I did not know of the second meeting nor about the change in meeting
> times. I got there
around
> 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior to the second meeting. I
> did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go to WW. Next week I will get there around 7:20 to
> be in line in time for the first meeting. I never made to Curves today but I did stop at Kmart and
> bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like this that I can't make it
> Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking one
of
> those up at my next Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was not surprised when they only
> had 3 different exercise tapes.
>
> I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
> that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how
bad
> it was to always have the same meals day after day. So I will alternate my breakfasts as well as
> my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
Lean
> Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a nice variety of lunches.
> Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles a few days. Dinner
> has never been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group
> was that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
was
> not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
extra
> careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
> just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
>
> So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

>So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

Good luck getting back on track next week. You seem to know what went wrong and are
putting it right.

Eating out is a problem for me too. I try to avoid sweets and have a starter (usually soup) instead.
I'm not that hot on sweet things so that isn't a sacrifice. My problem is buying a 16oz steak
instead of an 8 oz one.

Ray
--
rmnsuk overall - 273/206/182

There's a saying in 12-step groups about becoming willing to go to any lengths. Sounds like that's
where you are: you're doing whatever it takes to find what works for you. I can see where eating out
frequently would cause difficulties. I like your leader's suggestion not to eat anything for which
you don't know the points.

With this kind of dedication, Laura, and the assistance of a leader who sounds both knowledgable and
helpful, you'll get this figured out. Good for you for not giving up.

Prairie Roots

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 19:21:35 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due to wearing clothes for the
>WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I am getting no where with
>this diet. Sooooo,
>
>I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something right so I figured I'd use
>mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale and an exercise tape at Kmart too.
>
>What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to the
>demand. It was a full house. I did not know of the second meeting nor about the change in meeting
>times. I got there around 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior to
>the second meeting. I did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go to WW. Next week I will get
>there around 7:20 to be in line in time for the first meeting. I never made to Curves today but I
>did stop at Kmart and bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like this that I can't make it to
>Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking one of those up at my next
>Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was not surprised when they only had 3 different
>exercise tapes.
>
>I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
>that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how bad it was to always have the same meals day after
>day. So I will alternate my breakfasts as well as my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
>Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a nice variety of lunches.
>Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles a few days. Dinner has
>never been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group was
>that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she was not exactly sure how
>many points she was eating. So...I am going to be extra careful about what I eat when dinning out.
>She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a
>celebration giving me permission to over do it.
>
>So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

glad you are taking charge of you, which tape did you end up with and do you
like it? Lee
Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due
> wearing clothes for the WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I am
> getting no where with this diet. Sooooo,
>
> I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something right
so
> I figured I'd use mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale and
an
> exercise tape at Kmart too.
>
> What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to the
> demand. It was a full house. I did not know of the second meeting nor about the change in meeting
> times. I got there
around
> 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior to the second meeting. I
> did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go to WW. Next week I will get there around 7:20 to
> be in line in time for the first meeting. I never made to Curves today but I did stop at Kmart and
> bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like this that I can't make it
> Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking one
of
> those up at my next Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was not surprised when they only
> had 3 different exercise tapes.
>
> I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
> that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how
bad
> it was to always have the same meals day after day. So I will alternate my breakfasts as well as
> my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
Lean
> Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a nice variety of lunches.
> Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles a few days. Dinner
> has never been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group
> was that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
was
> not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
extra
> careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
> just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
>
> So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

Sorry about the little gain Laura. Good luck next week.

Brenda

"Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:2fTSb.40353$6O4.1155636@bgtnsc04-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due
> wearing clothes for the WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I am
> getting no where with this diet. Sooooo,
>
> I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something right
so
> I figured I'd use mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale and
an
> exercise tape at Kmart too.
>
> What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to the
> demand. It was a full house. I did not know of the second meeting nor about the change in meeting
> times. I got there
around
> 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior to the second meeting. I
> did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go to WW. Next week I will get there around 7:20 to
> be in line in time for the first meeting. I never made to Curves today but I did stop at Kmart and
> bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like this that I can't make it
> Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking one
of
> those up at my next Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was not surprised when they only
> had 3 different exercise tapes.
>
> I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
> that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how
bad
> it was to always have the same meals day after day. So I will alternate my breakfasts as well as
> my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
Lean
> Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a nice variety of lunches.
> Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles a few days. Dinner
> has never been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group
> was that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
was
> not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
extra
> careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
> just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
>
> So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

I certainly hope so. It has been very frustrating since Labor day as I am barely losing a half a
pound a week these days. Maybe going back to the meetings will keep me more focused.

"Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Sorry about the gain, Laura, but it looks like you should lose it next week & hopefully a bit
> more. It's depressing when you gain & the fault is not yours, but it will come off. Elaine K
>
> Laura wrote:
>
> >New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due
> >wearing clothes for the WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I
> >am getting no where with this diet. Sooooo,
> >
> >I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something right
so
> >I figured I'd use mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale and
an
> >exercise tape at Kmart too.
> >
> >What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to
> >the demand. It was a full house. I did not know
of
> >the second meeting nor about the change in meeting times. I got there
around
> >8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior to the second meeting. I
> >did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go
> >WW. Next week I will get there around 7:20 to be in line in time for the first meeting. I never
> >made to Curves today but I did stop at Kmart and bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like
> >this that I can't make it
> >Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking one
of
> >those up at my next Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was not surprised when they
> >only had 3 different exercise tapes.
> >
> >I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
> >that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how
bad
> >it was to always have the same meals day after day. So I will alternate
my
> >breakfasts as well as my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
Lean
> >Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a
nice
> >variety of lunches. Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles
> >a few days. Dinner has never been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she
> >pointed out to the group
was
> >that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
was
> >not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
extra
> >careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
> >just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
> >
> >So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

How I deal with dinners out seems to be the basic culprit. Although this week I was better. Tuesday
we went to Applebees and I had their Low Fat blacken chicken. I was hungry so I had the full size
for 8.5 points. For dessert I had their LF shortcake for 4.5 points. I had been to curves so I had
some extra points to kill. By the end of the week I had plenty of Flex points left over so I am not
sure why I did not lose any weight this week. This is why I am so frustrated and wonder what <insert
explative> is going on with my body.

news:p[email protected]...

> [...]
> >Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a
nice
> >variety of lunches. Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles
> >a few days. Dinner has never been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she
> >pointed out to the group
was
> >that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
was
> >not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
extra
> >careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
> >just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
> >
> >So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

Thanks Connie. That certainly will be my challenge for the weeks to come.

"Connie" <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> wrote in message news:401C6621.9070904@nospam_primus.ca...
> [...]
> > Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a
nice
> > variety of lunches. Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles
> > a few days. Dinner has never been a
problem.
> > That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group
was
> > that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
was
> > not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
extra
> > careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
> > just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
> >
> > So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

In addition to it being the last day of the FT promo they were also closed Tuesday and Wednesday
because of the storm we had Tuesday night. They only had 2 weighers because they base the week's
weighers on the attendence level of the previous week. So next Saturday they'll have plenty of
people to weigh us in. Another reason a lot of people went yesterday was because they "THOUGHT" the
Free Registration promo ended Jan 31. It has been extended to March. That was the main reason I went
yesterday and signed up again. As for the Fast Track program, we had to ask for them in order to get
one. That or my weigher was so frazzled by the number of people there that she forgot to give me
one. I asked one of the other staffers for one.

"Deb in Northern California" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:uvudnYazmvxs4oHdRVn-
[email protected]...
> Our meeting was unusually busy this morning too. We actually have 5 Saturday meetings though and
> this was the mid-day meeting and I have never seen it so busy. I did hear one of the greeters say
> that today was the
last
> day of their special to join and also to receive the Fast Track program
with
> the DVD. So I think everyone was there to get in at the last moment, to
get
> the free DVD and also pay less money.
>
> Debbie
>
> "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:2fTSb.40353$6O4.1155636@bgtnsc04-
> news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due
> > wearing clothes for the WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I
> > am getting no where with this diet. Sooooo,
> >
> > I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something
right
> so
> > I figured I'd use mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale
and
> an
> > exercise tape at Kmart too.
> >
> > What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to
> > the demand. It was a full house. I did not know
of
> > the second meeting nor about the change in meeting times. I got there
> around
> > 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior
> > the second meeting. I did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go
> > WW. Next week I will get there around 7:20 to be in line in time for the first meeting. I never
> > made to Curves today but I did stop at Kmart and bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like
> > this that I can't make
it
> > Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking
one
> of
> > those up at my next Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was
not
> > surprised when they only had 3 different exercise tapes.
> >
> > I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
> > that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how
> bad
> > it was to always have the same meals day after day. So I will alternate
my
> > breakfasts as well as my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
> Lean
> > Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a
nice
> > variety of lunches. Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles
> > a few days. Dinner has never been a
problem.
> > That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group
was
> > that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
> was
> > not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
> extra
> > careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
> > just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
> >
> > So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

Thanks Nathalie. That was my thinking also. I need a little more one on one these days to help me
figure out what I am doing wrong and to keep me honest about it. I think the fact that I am now
paying for it (or rather mom is) will keep me more on track. I'm cheap and don't like wasting money.

I have not decided if I will continue with the saturday meetings. A bunch from Curves go Monday
nights after Curves. If the saturday meeting does not settle down to a reasonable number of people I
might switch. I'm not sure if it is the same leader or not.

"Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> Good for you joining WW again, I 'm sure you 'll find it helpful. It might be exactly what you
> needed to get back on the losing wagon. And your
leader
> sounds like someone you can really discuss and share things with. I wish you success!!
> --
> Nathalie from Belgium
> 134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
> 295.6/223.5/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/101.4/96 Kg
> 232/223.5/212 lbs "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:2fTSb.40353$6O4.1155636@bgtnsc04-
> news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due
> > wearing clothes for the WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I
> > am getting no where with this diet. Sooooo,
> >
> > I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something
right
> so
> > I figured I'd use mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale
and
> an
> > exercise tape at Kmart too.
> >
> > What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to
> > the demand. It was a full house. I did not know
of
> > the second meeting nor about the change in meeting times. I got there
> around
> > 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior
> > the second meeting. I did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go
> > WW. Next week I will get there around 7:20 to be in line in time for the first meeting. I never
> > made to Curves today but I did stop at Kmart and bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like
> > this that I can't make
it
> > Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking
one
> of
> > those up at my next Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was
not
> > surprised when they only had 3 different exercise tapes.
> >
> > I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
> > that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how
> bad
> > it was to always have the same meals day after day. So I will alternate
my
> > breakfasts as well as my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
> Lean
> > Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a
nice
> > variety of lunches. Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles
> > a few days. Dinner has never been a
problem.
> > That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group
was
> > that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
> was
> > not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
> extra
> > careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
> > just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
> >
> > So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

"ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.
>
> Good luck getting back on track next week. You seem to know what went wrong and are putting
> it right.
>
> Eating out is a problem for me too. I try to avoid sweets and have a starter (usually soup)
> instead. I'm not that hot on sweet things so that isn't a sacrifice. My problem is buying a 16oz
> steak instead of an 8 oz one.

I think I am swayed by what my eating partner (over weight/diabetic) is having instead of ignoring
her and having what I know is good for me. Tuesday I did okay. I had Applebees LF Blackened chicken
salad with ranch dressing (on the side) plus their LF strawberry shortcake for a total of 13 points.
Friday night I blew it by having a {heavenly} chimichanga at our local mexican restaurant with my
husband. 1/2 portion was 11 points. I did not know how many point it was until I got home. I ate
both pieces because I did not know any better. I usually have the Tilaipa when I go there but I
wanted something different {long hard week?}.

I am going to start bringing my PDA with wwcalc on it to restaurants so that I can look things up. I
asked for the dang thing for xmas and now I need to start using it.

Thanks PR. I think that's about where I am. The holidays are over and it is time to get down
to business.

"Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> [...]
> >Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a
nice
> >variety of lunches. Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles
> >a few days. Dinner has never been a problem. That is always different. The other thing she
> >pointed out to the group
was
> >that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
was
> >not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
extra
> >careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
> >just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
> >
> >So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

The tape is called "walk your way slim". It says "Burn fat and boost energy with easy cardio moves".
It was only $8 so if I don't like it I'm not out a lot of money.

I have not had a chance to try it out yet. We were busy cleaning today.

"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> glad you are taking charge of you, which tape did you end up with and do
you
> like it? Lee Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message news:2fTSb.40353$6O4.1155636@bgtnsc04-
> news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due
> > wearing clothes for the WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I
> > am getting no where with this diet. Sooooo,
> >
> > I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something
right
> so
> > I figured I'd use mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale
and
> an
> > exercise tape at Kmart too.
> >
> > What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to
> > the demand. It was a full house. I did not know
of
> > the second meeting nor about the change in meeting times. I got there
> around
> > 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior
> > the second meeting. I did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go
> > WW. Next week I will get there around 7:20 to be in line in time for the first meeting. I never
> > made to Curves today but I did stop at Kmart and bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like
> > this that I can't make
it
> > Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking
one
> of
> > those up at my next Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was
not
> > surprised when they only had 3 different exercise tapes.
> >
> > I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
> > that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how
> bad
> > it was to always have the same meals day after day. So I will alternate
my
> > breakfasts as well as my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
> Lean
> > Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a
nice
> > variety of lunches. Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles
> > a few days. Dinner has never been a
problem.
> > That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group
was
> > that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
> was
> > not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
> extra
> > careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
> > just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
> >
> > So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

Thanks Brenda. The scale is already down some. Let's hope it stays down. It is usually down Sun to
Tues and then creeps up by Saturday.

"Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Sorry about the little gain Laura. Good luck next week.
>
> Brenda
>
> "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:2fTSb.40353$6O4.1155636@bgtnsc04-
> news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > New official weight 213.4. Up .9 from last week. Part of the gain is due
> > wearing clothes for the WI. Part is due to the salt from last night's dinner. Other than that I
> > am getting no where with this diet. Sooooo,
> >
> > I broke down and re-joined WW this morning. I'm not doing something
right
> so
> > I figured I'd use mom's xmas gift card and re-join. Bought a WW scale
and
> an
> > exercise tape at Kmart too.
> >
> > What a mad house that place was this morning. They now have 2 Saturday morning meetings due to
> > the demand. It was a full house. I did not know
of
> > the second meeting nor about the change in meeting times. I got there
> around
> > 8am and did not weigh in until 8:45. Did my "new member" meeting prior
> > the second meeting. I did not get home until after 10 am. 2 hours to go
> > WW. Next week I will get there around 7:20 to be in line in time for the first meeting. I never
> > made to Curves today but I did stop at Kmart and bought a "walking" exercise tape for times like
> > this that I can't make
it
> > Curves. They did not have any of the WATP tapes but I plan on picking
one
> of
> > those up at my next Walmart visit. Our kmart is really small so I was
not
> > surprised when they only had 3 different exercise tapes.
> >
> > I did talk to the leader as well as the weigher about my not losing any weight lately. 2 things
> > that we discussed are worth sharing. One was how
> bad
> > it was to always have the same meals day after day. So I will alternate
my
> > breakfasts as well as my lunches once again. I will probably go back to
> Lean
> > Cuisine and Smart Ones (which ever is on sale that week) to provide a
nice
> > variety of lunches. Maybe throw in a sandwich a couple of days. For breakfast I will add waffles
> > a few days. Dinner has never been a
problem.
> > That is always different. The other thing she pointed out to the group
was
> > that she had recently lost more weight by eliminating anything that she
> was
> > not exactly sure how many points she was eating. So...I am going to be
> extra
> > careful about what I eat when dinning out. She said to treat it as an ordinary meal and to eat
> > just like I was at home. Don't look at it as a celebration giving me permission to over do it.
> >
> > So this should be an interesting week to see if I can get back on track.

how did you get the points for applebys? Lee