RAFL wk 6 / THTP wk 10

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Laura, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Laura

    Laura Guest

    RAFL wk 6: Down 1.6 to 211.2 lbs.

    I'm surprised at this loss because it was my daughter's birthday last weekend plus we had a few
    unexpected dinners out. I'm sure that I ate more than my 35 flexpoints. I stopped eating my Activity
    points so maybe that is helping. My challenge for the week is to limit the number of times I eat out
    to 2. This is doable but this week we ate out something like 4 times.

    THTP wk 10: 4 curves sessions.

    I want to try and add some more cardio into the mix this week. I think I'll try out one of my
    exercise tapes since theres an arctic blast headed our way. I think one of the reasons I did so well
    last summer was due to the almost daily 1 mile walk with my husband. I'll be glad when the weather
    warms up to resume the walks. For now I'm going to settle on using the tapes. I'd use the treadmill
    but hubby has it buried in the dining room.

    Tags:

  2. Great loss this week Laura, especially when your daughter's birthday celebration was included. Happy
    birthday to her! I like your idea of challenging yourself to do something different this week.

    Prairie Roots

    On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:21:29 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >RAFL wk 6: Down 1.6 to 211.2 lbs.
    >
    >I'm surprised at this loss because it was my daughter's birthday last weekend plus we had a few
    >unexpected dinners out. I'm sure that I ate more than my 35 flexpoints. I stopped eating my
    >Activity points so maybe that is helping. My challenge for the week is to limit the number of times
    >I eat out to 2. This is doable but this week we ate out something like 4 times.
    >

    >THTP wk 10: 4 curves sessions.
    >
    >I want to try and add some more cardio into the mix this week. I think I'll try out one of my
    >exercise tapes since theres an arctic blast headed our way. I think one of the reasons I did so
    >well last summer was due to the almost daily 1 mile walk with my husband. I'll be glad when the
    >weather warms up to resume the walks. For now I'm going to settle on using the tapes. I'd use the
    >treadmill but hubby has it buried in the dining room.

  3. Fred

    Fred Guest

    All these losers and I gain (sniff)

    Congrats on that loss. Take it and run with it (that's the cardio portion)

    On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:21:29 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >RAFL wk 6: Down 1.6 to 211.2 lbs.
    >
    >I'm surprised at this loss because it was my daughter's birthday last weekend plus we had a few
    >unexpected dinners out. I'm sure that I ate more than my 35 flexpoints. I stopped eating my
    >Activity points so maybe that is helping. My challenge for the week is to limit the number of times
    >I eat out to 2. This is doable but this week we ate out something like 4 times.
    >

    >THTP wk 10: 4 curves sessions.
    >
    >I want to try and add some more cardio into the mix this week. I think I'll try out one of my
    >exercise tapes since theres an arctic blast headed our way. I think one of the reasons I did so
    >well last summer was due to the almost daily 1 mile walk with my husband. I'll be glad when the
    >weather warms up to resume the walks. For now I'm going to settle on using the tapes. I'd use the
    >treadmill but hubby has it buried in the dining room.

  4. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Congrats on the great week, Laura. 1.6 is a fantastic loss, especially with all the unexpected
    dinners out and birthday celebration. You obviously were doing something right. Way to go!!!

    Joyce

    On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:21:29 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >RAFL wk 6: Down 1.6 to 211.2 lbs.
    >
    >I'm surprised at this loss because it was my daughter's birthday last weekend plus we had a few
    >unexpected dinners out. I'm sure that I ate more than my 35 flexpoints. I stopped eating my
    >Activity points so maybe that is helping. My challenge for the week is to limit the number of times
    >I eat out to 2. This is doable but this week we ate out something like 4 times.
    >

    >THTP wk 10: 4 curves sessions.
    >
    >I want to try and add some more cardio into the mix this week. I think I'll try out one of my
    >exercise tapes since theres an arctic blast headed our way. I think one of the reasons I did so
    >well last summer was due to the almost daily 1 mile walk with my husband. I'll be glad when the
    >weather warms up to resume the walks. For now I'm going to settle on using the tapes. I'd use the
    >treadmill but hubby has it buried in the dining room.

  5. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    You go Laura

    "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > RAFL wk 6: Down 1.6 to 211.2 lbs.
    >
    > I'm surprised at this loss because it was my daughter's birthday last weekend plus we had a few
    > unexpected dinners out. I'm sure that I ate more than my 35 flexpoints. I stopped eating my
    > Activity points so maybe that
    is
    > helping. My challenge for the week is to limit the number of times I eat
    out
    > to 2. This is doable but this week we ate out something like 4 times.
    >

    > THTP wk 10: 4 curves sessions.
    >
    > I want to try and add some more cardio into the mix this week. I think
    I'll
    > try out one of my exercise tapes since theres an arctic blast headed our way. I think one of the
    > reasons I did so well last summer was due to the almost daily 1 mile walk with my husband. I'll be
    > glad when the weather warms up to resume the walks. For now I'm going to settle on using the
    > tapes. I'd use the treadmill but hubby has it buried in the dining room.

  6. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Take the loss and run :)
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.102/212 lbs "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > RAFL wk 6: Down 1.6 to 211.2 lbs.
    >
    > I'm surprised at this loss because it was my daughter's birthday last weekend plus we had a few
    > unexpected dinners out. I'm sure that I ate more than my 35 flexpoints. I stopped eating my
    > Activity points so maybe that
    is
    > helping. My challenge for the week is to limit the number of times I eat
    out
    > to 2. This is doable but this week we ate out something like 4 times.
    >

    > THTP wk 10: 4 curves sessions.
    >
    > I want to try and add some more cardio into the mix this week. I think
    I'll
    > try out one of my exercise tapes since theres an arctic blast headed our way. I think one of the
    > reasons I did so well last summer was due to the almost daily 1 mile walk with my husband. I'll be
    > glad when the weather warms up to resume the walks. For now I'm going to settle on using the
    > tapes. I'd use the treadmill but hubby has it buried in the dining room.

  7. great loss, Lee
    Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > RAFL wk 6: Down 1.6 to 211.2 lbs.
    >
    > I'm surprised at this loss because it was my daughter's birthday last weekend plus we had a few
    > unexpected dinners out. I'm sure that I ate more than my 35 flexpoints. I stopped eating my
    > Activity points so maybe that
    is
    > helping. My challenge for the week is to limit the number of times I eat
    out
    > to 2. This is doable but this week we ate out something like 4 times.
    >

    > THTP wk 10: 4 curves sessions.
    >
    > I want to try and add some more cardio into the mix this week. I think
    I'll
    > try out one of my exercise tapes since theres an arctic blast headed our way. I think one of the
    > reasons I did so well last summer was due to the almost daily 1 mile walk with my husband. I'll be
    > glad when the weather warms up to resume the walks. For now I'm going to settle on using the
    > tapes. I'd use the treadmill but hubby has it buried in the dining room.

  8. Hi, Laura, Congratulations on the loss and the great exercise.
    --
    Take Care Catherine
    154/132.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132

    "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:tOsXb.19088$hR.5[email protected]
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > RAFL wk 6: Down 1.6 to 211.2 lbs.
    >
    > I'm surprised at this loss because it was my daughter's birthday last weekend plus we had a few
    > unexpected dinners out. I'm sure that I ate more than my 35 flexpoints. I stopped eating my
    > Activity points so maybe that
    is
    > helping. My challenge for the week is to limit the number of times I eat
    out
    > to 2. This is doable but this week we ate out something like 4 times.
    >

    > THTP wk 10: 4 curves sessions.
    >
    > I want to try and add some more cardio into the mix this week. I think
    I'll
    > try out one of my exercise tapes since theres an arctic blast headed our way. I think one of the
    > reasons I did so well last summer was due to the almost daily 1 mile walk with my husband. I'll be
    > glad when the weather warms up to resume the walks. For now I'm going to settle on using the
    > tapes. I'd use the treadmill but hubby has it buried in the dining room.

  9. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Great loss, Laura!! Are you going to do cardio on the days that you don't go to curves? You are
    going to be buff, girl!!

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/204/155 RAFL 210.5/204/198.5

    Laura wrote:
    > RAFL wk 6: Down 1.6 to 211.2 lbs.
    >
    > I'm surprised at this loss because it was my daughter's birthday last weekend plus we had a few
    > unexpected dinners out. I'm sure that I ate more than my 35 flexpoints. I stopped eating my
    > Activity points so maybe that is helping. My challenge for the week is to limit the number of
    > times I eat out to 2. This is doable but this week we ate out something like 4 times.
    >

    > THTP wk 10: 4 curves sessions.
    >
    > I want to try and add some more cardio into the mix this week. I think I'll try out one of my
    > exercise tapes since theres an arctic blast headed our way. I think one of the reasons I did so
    > well last summer was due to the almost daily 1 mile walk with my husband. I'll be glad when the
    > weather warms up to resume the walks. For now I'm going to settle on using the tapes. I'd use the
    > treadmill but hubby has it buried in the dining room.

  10. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Thanks PR. At our meeting this morning the leader asked everyone to consider making mini-challenges
    for the upcoming week as a way of keeping us going.

    "Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > Great loss this week Laura, especially when your daughter's birthday celebration was
    > included. Happy birthday to her! I like your idea of challenging yourself to do something
    > different this week.
    >
    > Prairie Roots
    >
    > On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:21:29 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >RAFL wk 6: Down 1.6 to 211.2 lbs.
    > >
    > >I'm surprised at this loss because it was my daughter's birthday last weekend plus we had a few
    > >unexpected dinners out. I'm sure that I ate
    more
    > >than my 35 flexpoints. I stopped eating my Activity points so maybe that
    is
    > >helping. My challenge for the week is to limit the number of times I eat
    out
    > >to 2. This is doable but this week we ate out something like 4 times.
    > >

    > >THTP wk 10: 4 curves sessions.
    > >
    > >I want to try and add some more cardio into the mix this week. I think
    I'll
    > >try out one of my exercise tapes since theres an arctic blast headed our way. I think one of the
    > >reasons I did so well last summer was due to the almost daily 1 mile walk with my husband. I'll
    > >be glad when the weather warms up to resume the walks. For now I'm going to settle on using the
    > >tapes. I'd use the treadmill but hubby has it buried in the dining room.

  11. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Thanks Fred. Hopefully I can continue to lose. Have been stuck too long in one place.

    > All these losers and I gain (sniff)
    >
    > Congrats on that loss. Take it and run with it (that's the cardio portion)
    >
    > On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:21:29 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >RAFL wk 6: Down 1.6 to 211.2 lbs.
    > >
    > >I'm surprised at this loss because it was my daughter's birthday last weekend plus we had a few
    > >unexpected dinners out. I'm sure that I ate
    more
    > >than my 35 flexpoints. I stopped eating my Activity points so maybe that
    is
    > >helping. My challenge for the week is to limit the number of times I eat
    out
    > >to 2. This is doable but this week we ate out something like 4 times.
    > >

    > >THTP wk 10: 4 curves sessions.
    > >
    > >I want to try and add some more cardio into the mix this week. I think
    I'll
    > >try out one of my exercise tapes since theres an arctic blast headed our way. I think one of the
    > >reasons I did so well last summer was due to the almost daily 1 mile walk with my husband. I'll
    > >be glad when the weather warms up to resume the walks. For now I'm going to settle on using the
    > >tapes. I'd use the treadmill but hubby has it buried in the dining room.

  12. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Thanks Joyce. I need to get back on track this week and cut back on how many times we eat out.

    "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Congrats on the great week, Laura. 1.6 is a fantastic loss, especially
    with all
    > the unexpected dinners out and birthday celebration. You obviously were
    doing
    > something right. Way to go!!!
    >
    > Joyce
    >
    > On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:21:29 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >RAFL wk 6: Down 1.6 to 211.2 lbs.
    > >
    > >I'm surprised at this loss because it was my daughter's birthday last weekend plus we had a few
    > >unexpected dinners out. I'm sure that I ate
    more
    > >than my 35 flexpoints. I stopped eating my Activity points so maybe that
    is
    > >helping. My challenge for the week is to limit the number of times I eat
    out
    > >to 2. This is doable but this week we ate out something like 4 times.
    > >

    > >THTP wk 10: 4 curves sessions.
    > >
    > >I want to try and add some more cardio into the mix this week. I think
    I'll
    > >try out one of my exercise tapes since theres an arctic blast headed our way. I think one of the
    > >reasons I did so well last summer was due to the almost daily 1 mile walk with my husband. I'll
    > >be glad when the weather warms up to resume the walks. For now I'm going to settle on using the
    > >tapes. I'd use the treadmill but hubby has it buried in the dining room.

  13. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Thanks Lesanne. Someday I'll catch up to you, Joyce and Fred. Hopefully by this time next year.

    "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > You go Laura
    >
    > "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > > RAFL wk 6: Down 1.6 to 211.2 lbs.
    > >
    > > I'm surprised at this loss because it was my daughter's birthday last weekend plus we had a few
    > > unexpected dinners out. I'm sure that I ate
    more
    > > than my 35 flexpoints. I stopped eating my Activity points so maybe that
    > is
    > > helping. My challenge for the week is to limit the number of times I eat
    > out
    > > to 2. This is doable but this week we ate out something like 4 times.
    > >

    > > THTP wk 10: 4 curves sessions.
    > >
    > > I want to try and add some more cardio into the mix this week. I think
    > I'll
    > > try out one of my exercise tapes since theres an arctic blast headed our way. I think one of the
    > > reasons I did so well last summer was due to the almost daily 1 mile walk with my husband. I'll
    > > be glad when the weather warms up to resume the walks. For now I'm going to settle on using the
    > > tapes. I'd use the treadmill but hubby has it buried in the dining room.

  14. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Thanks Nathalie.

    "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > Take the loss and run :)
    > --
    > Nathalie from Belgium
    > 134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    > 295.6/223.5/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/101.4/96 Kg
    > 232/223.5/212 lbs "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > > RAFL wk 6: Down 1.6 to 211.2 lbs.
    > >
    > > I'm surprised at this loss because it was my daughter's birthday last weekend plus we had a few
    > > unexpected dinners out. I'm sure that I ate
    more
    > > than my 35 flexpoints. I stopped eating my Activity points so maybe that
    > is
    > > helping. My challenge for the week is to limit the number of times I eat
    > out
    > > to 2. This is doable but this week we ate out something like 4 times.
    > >

    > > THTP wk 10: 4 curves sessions.
    > >
    > > I want to try and add some more cardio into the mix this week. I think
    > I'll
    > > try out one of my exercise tapes since theres an arctic blast headed our way. I think one of the
    > > reasons I did so well last summer was due to the almost daily 1 mile walk with my husband. I'll
    > > be glad when the weather warms up to resume the walks. For now I'm going to settle on using the
    > > tapes. I'd use the treadmill but hubby has it buried in the dining room.

  15. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Thanks Lee.

    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > great loss, Lee Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > > RAFL wk 6: Down 1.6 to 211.2 lbs.
    > >
    > > I'm surprised at this loss because it was my daughter's birthday last weekend plus we had a few
    > > unexpected dinners out. I'm sure that I ate
    more
    > > than my 35 flexpoints. I stopped eating my Activity points so maybe that
    > is
    > > helping. My challenge for the week is to limit the number of times I eat
    > out
    > > to 2. This is doable but this week we ate out something like 4 times.
    > >

    > > THTP wk 10: 4 curves sessions.
    > >
    > > I want to try and add some more cardio into the mix this week. I think
    > I'll
    > > try out one of my exercise tapes since theres an arctic blast headed our way. I think one of the
    > > reasons I did so well last summer was due to the almost daily 1 mile walk with my husband. I'll
    > > be glad when the weather warms up to resume the walks. For now I'm going to settle on using the
    > > tapes. I'd use the treadmill but hubby has it buried in the dining room.

  16. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Thanks Catherine.

    "Catherine White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, Laura, Congratulations on the loss and the great exercise.
    > --
    > Take Care Catherine
    > 154/132.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132
    >

    > "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > > RAFL wk 6: Down 1.6 to 211.2 lbs.
    > >
    > > I'm surprised at this loss because it was my daughter's birthday last weekend plus we had a few
    > > unexpected dinners out. I'm sure that I ate
    more
    > > than my 35 flexpoints. I stopped eating my Activity points so maybe that
    > is
    > > helping. My challenge for the week is to limit the number of times I eat
    > out
    > > to 2. This is doable but this week we ate out something like 4 times.
    > >

    > > THTP wk 10: 4 curves sessions.
    > >
    > > I want to try and add some more cardio into the mix this week. I think
    > I'll
    > > try out one of my exercise tapes since theres an arctic blast headed our way. I think one of the
    > > reasons I did so well last summer was due to the almost daily 1 mile walk with my husband. I'll
    > > be glad when the weather warms up to resume the walks. For now I'm going to settle on using the
    > > tapes. I'd use the treadmill but hubby has it buried in the dining room.

  17. Laura

    Laura Guest

    That's my plan (on both accounts). I think the reason that I did so well last summer was that DH and
    I took a mile walk most nights to get away from my mother after dinner. I was doing water aerobics
    plus the walks and losing at a rate just over a pound a week. That is one of the things that I don't
    do while at home.

    "Connie" <[email protected]_primus.ca> wrote in message news:[email protected]_primus.ca...
    > Great loss, Laura!! Are you going to do cardio on the days that you don't go to curves? You are
    > going to be buff, girl!!
    >
    > --
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Connie Walsh
    >
    > 241.5/204/155 RAFL 210.5/204/198.5
    >
    > Laura wrote:
    > > RAFL wk 6: Down 1.6 to 211.2 lbs.
    > >
    > > I'm surprised at this loss because it was my daughter's birthday last weekend plus we had a few
    > > unexpected dinners out. I'm sure that I ate
    more
    > > than my 35 flexpoints. I stopped eating my Activity points so maybe that
    is
    > > helping. My challenge for the week is to limit the number of times I eat
    out
    > > to 2. This is doable but this week we ate out something like 4 times.
    > >

    > > THTP wk 10: 4 curves sessions.
    > >
    > > I want to try and add some more cardio into the mix this week. I think
    I'll
    > > try out one of my exercise tapes since theres an arctic blast headed our way. I think one of the
    > > reasons I did so well last summer was due to the almost daily 1 mile walk with my husband. I'll
    > > be glad when the weather warms up to resume the walks. For now I'm going to settle on using the
    > > tapes. I'd use the treadmill but hubby has it buried in the dining room.

  18. Fred

    Fred Guest

    you do mean catch DOWN. There's plenty of room BETWEEN us somewhere

    On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 21:23:03 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thanks Lesanne. Someday I'll catch up to you, Joyce and Fred. Hopefully by this time next year.
    >
    >"Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> You go Laura
    >>
    >> "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >> news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    >> > RAFL wk 6: Down 1.6 to 211.2 lbs.
    >> >
    >> > I'm surprised at this loss because it was my daughter's birthday last weekend plus we had a few
    >> > unexpected dinners out. I'm sure that I ate
    >more
    >> > than my 35 flexpoints. I stopped eating my Activity points so maybe that
    >> is
    >> > helping. My challenge for the week is to limit the number of times I eat
    >> out
    >> > to 2. This is doable but this week we ate out something like 4 times.
    >> >

    >> > THTP wk 10: 4 curves sessions.
    >> >
    >> > I want to try and add some more cardio into the mix this week. I think
    >> I'll
    >> > try out one of my exercise tapes since theres an arctic blast headed our way. I think one of
    >> > the reasons I did so well last summer was due to the almost daily 1 mile walk with my husband.
    >> > I'll be glad when the weather warms up to resume the walks. For now I'm going to settle on
    >> > using the tapes. I'd use the treadmill but hubby has it buried in the dining room.

  19. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Yes, I mean DOWN! I have about 60+ pounds to go. It's going to take a looong time to get there.

    > you do mean catch DOWN. There's plenty of room BETWEEN us somewhere
    >
    > On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 21:23:03 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Thanks Lesanne. Someday I'll catch up to you, Joyce and Fred. Hopefully
    by
    > >this time next year.
    > >
    > >"Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >> You go Laura
    > >>
    > >> "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > >> news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

    > >more
    > >> is
    > >> out

    > >> I'll

  20. Erin Marsh

    Erin Marsh Guest

    wrote:

    >RAFL wk 6: Down 1.6 to 211.2 lbs.

    Congrats on the loss Laura :)
    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/90/75 kgs

    RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

    "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary