RAFL wk 7/THTP wk 4 - Laura

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 16:07:14 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>RAFL wk 7: down 1.2 to 210 (total 35.6 since April 2003)
>
>I guess I am doing something right for a change. Maybe I am one of those that need the extra
>support that the meetings give me. I also stopped eating my Activity points since I went back to
>the meetings. Maybe that's what has help. Down 3.4 since I rejoined on 1/31/04 so I am back to 1+
>lb a week like I was before.
>
>Topic discussed at the meeting this morning: the importance of a healthy breakfast and the need to
>vary your meals. Having the same breakfast or lunch each day can send a signal to your brain that
>you are on a diet which could trigger a plateau. So add some variety each day.
>
>THTP wk 4: 3 Curves plus 1 attempt at a "walking tape"

You are doing really well. The meetings seem to be working for you.
1.2 is a great loss well done.

Ray
--
rmnsuk
1/1/182

"ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 16:07:14 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >RAFL wk 7: down 1.2 to 210 (total 35.6 since April 2003)
> >
> >I guess I am doing something right for a change. Maybe I am one of those that need the extra
> >support that the meetings give me. I also stopped
eating
> >my Activity points since I went back to the meetings. Maybe that's what
has
> >help. Down 3.4 since I rejoined on 1/31/04 so I am back to 1+ lb a week
like
> >I was before.
> >
> >Topic discussed at the meeting this morning: the importance of a healthy breakfast and the need
> >to vary your meals. Having the same breakfast or lunch each day can send a signal to your brain
> >that you are on a diet
which
> >could trigger a plateau. So add some variety each day.
> >
> >THTP wk 4: 3 Curves plus 1 attempt at a "walking tape"
>
> You are doing really well. The meetings seem to be working for you.
> 1.2 is a great loss well done.

Thank you Ray. I am picking up lots of tips that I did not learn from the first leader. This one is
definitly better at getting and keeping people motivated.

Laura:

Congrats on losing the 1 lb. I guess the meetings are really important to you. I think they are to
me as well and so is this group. I find when I was away from this group I was ***** nilly with my
points and didn't lose. Now I am much more careful and lose about a lb a week.

I'm glad you mentioned about the Prevention Walking tape. I have trouble with making my arms and
legs do different things too. I won't go get that tape even tho' I was thinking about it.

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/202/155 RAFL 210.5/202/198.5

Laura wrote:
> RAFL wk 7: down 1.2 to 210 (total 35.6 since April 2003)
>
> I guess I am doing something right for a change. Maybe I am one of those that need the extra
> support that the meetings give me. I also stopped eating my Activity points since I went back to
> the meetings. Maybe that's what has help. Down 3.4 since I rejoined on 1/31/04 so I am back to 1+
> lb a week like I was before.
>
> Topic discussed at the meeting this morning: the importance of a healthy breakfast and the need to
> vary your meals. Having the same breakfast or lunch each day can send a signal to your brain that
> you are on a diet which could trigger a plateau. So add some variety each day.
>
> THTP wk 4: 3 Curves plus 1 attempt at a "walking tape"
>
> Well my attempt at using the Prevention "Walk Til Slim" (or something like that) totally failed.
> It looks like a great tape but my arms and legs don't work together <g>. I won't do that tape
> again but will try and get over to Wal-Mart this week to get the LeslieS tapes. I need something
> very simple or I can't follow along and get very frustrated doing the tape. Walking or marching in
> place is more my liking. I truly have little or no hand-eye coordination.

How many tapes are there total? Lee
Catherine White <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi, Leslie's tapes are the best going. She is very easy to understand and keep up with. I started
> with the 1 mile in August of 2003 and worked up
> the 4 mile in November. I love all the tapes.
>
> --
> Take Care Catherine
> 154/132.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132
>

> "Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > This is excellent news Laura. Something(s) sure clicked right for you this week.
> >
> > I'm the same way when it comes to aerobics. There can't be much health benefit to standing in
> > front of the TV completely exasperated, not even knowing where/how to jump in. I did buy "Fat
> > Burning for Dummies" aerobics video, which is supposed to be for beginners with basic moves.
> > Harumph! It took me two weeks to learn the first two combinations. Now I alternate between that
> > and my Leslie S walking videos. Do you have a favorite of hers? Currently I'm using the 2-mile
> > Walk. I've wondered about the Prevention video you mentioned; thanks for the review.
> >
> > Prairie Roots On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 16:07:14 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >RAFL wk 7: down 1.2 to 210 (total 35.6 since April 2003)
> > >
> > >I guess I am doing something right for a change. Maybe I am one of
those
> > >that need the extra support that the meetings give me. I also stopped
> eating
> > >my Activity points since I went back to the meetings. Maybe that's what
> has
> > >help. Down 3.4 since I rejoined on 1/31/04 so I am back to 1+ lb a week
> like
> > >I was before.
> > >
> > >Topic discussed at the meeting this morning: the importance of a
healthy
> > >breakfast and the need to vary your meals. Having the same breakfast or lunch each day can send
> > >a signal to your brain that you are on a diet
> which
> > >could trigger a plateau. So add some variety each day.
> > >
> > >THTP wk 4: 3 Curves plus 1 attempt at a "walking tape"
> > >
> > >Well my attempt at using the Prevention "Walk Til Slim" (or something
> like
> > >that) totally failed. It looks like a great tape but my arms and legs
> don't
> > >work together <g>. I won't do that tape again but will try and get over
> > >Wal-Mart this week to get the LeslieS tapes. I need something very
simple
> or
> > >I can't follow along and get very frustrated doing the tape. Walking or marching in place is
> > >more my liking. I truly have little or no hand-eye coordination.

Thanks Connie. I am begining to realise that although I have this group to get support from, I
can't get all that I need. The meetings must be filling in the gap and that's why I am losing
again. Hard to say.

I would say that anyone that has problems getting their arms and legs to work together like I do
will have problems with the Prevention tape. It is a lot of activity and looks like a great tape.
More than just walking and marching in place. I'm not going to throw it away at this point. I'd like
to try the LeslieS tapes to see if I can handle them and work on the Prevention one a little bit at
a time. Maybe I can figure out the steps some day ;-)

"Connie" <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> wrote in message news:403A3B44.4030404@nospam_primus.ca...
> Laura:
>
> Congrats on losing the 1 lb. I guess the meetings are really important to you. I think they are to
> me as well and so is this group. I find when I was away from this group I was ***** nilly with my
> points and didn't lose. Now I am much more careful and lose about a lb a week.
>
> I'm glad you mentioned about the Prevention Walking tape. I have trouble with making my arms and
> legs do different things too. I won't go get that tape even tho' I was thinking about it.
>
> --
>
> Cheers,
>
> Connie Walsh
>
> 241.5/202/155 RAFL 210.5/202/198.5
>
> Laura wrote:
> > RAFL wk 7: down 1.2 to 210 (total 35.6 since April 2003)
> >
> > I guess I am doing something right for a change. Maybe I am one of those that need the extra
> > support that the meetings give me. I also stopped
eating
> > my Activity points since I went back to the meetings. Maybe that's what
has
> > help. Down 3.4 since I rejoined on 1/31/04 so I am back to 1+ lb a week
like
> > I was before.
> >
> > Topic discussed at the meeting this morning: the importance of a healthy breakfast and the need
> > to vary your meals. Having the same breakfast or lunch each day can send a signal to your brain
> > that you are on a diet
which
> > could trigger a plateau. So add some variety each day.
> >
> > THTP wk 4: 3 Curves plus 1 attempt at a "walking tape"
> >
> > Well my attempt at using the Prevention "Walk Til Slim" (or something
like
> > that) totally failed. It looks like a great tape but my arms and legs
don't
> > work together <g>. I won't do that tape again but will try and get over
> > Wal-Mart this week to get the LeslieS tapes. I need something very
simple or
> > I can't follow along and get very frustrated doing the tape. Walking or marching in place is
> > more my liking. I truly have little or no hand-eye coordination.

I can tell you this, I NEED the meetings, I don't know why I do or why they
work but they do and that is all I care about. Only one time in 70 weeks
did I not stay for a meeting, I was miserable. I stay and I lose, even if
slow the trend is down, Lee
Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]
or
> > > lunch each day can send a signal to your brain that you are on a diet
> which
> > > could trigger a plateau. So add some variety each day.
> > >
> > > THTP wk 4: 3 Curves plus 1 attempt at a "walking tape"
> > >
> > > Well my attempt at using the Prevention "Walk Til Slim" (or something
> like
> > > that) totally failed. It looks like a great tape but my arms and legs
> don't
> > > work together <g>. I won't do that tape again but will try and get
over
> > > Wal-Mart this week to get the LeslieS tapes. I need something very
> simple or
> > > I can't follow along and get very frustrated doing the tape. Walking
or
> > > marching in place is more my liking. I truly have little or no

What I have noticed is that since I started with the meetings my trend is DOWN and the daily
fluctuations have been minimal. Now if I can stay away from the WOW chips I'd be in good shape. I've
bought the last bag for a while now that they are gone. I basically wiped this last bag out in 2
nights. I can't do that again.

"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> I can tell you this, I NEED the meetings, I don't know why I do or why
they
> work but they do and that is all I care about. Only one time in 70 weeks did I not stay for a
> meeting, I was miserable. I stay and I lose, even if slow the trend is down, Lee Laura
> <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Jsw_b.80120$hR.1644974@bgtnsc05-
> news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > Thanks Connie. I am begining to realise that although I have this group
> > get support from, I can't get all that I need. The meetings must be
> filling
> > in the gap and that's why I am losing again. Hard to say.
> >
> > I would say that anyone that has problems getting their arms and legs to work together like I do
> > will have problems with the Prevention tape. It
is
> > lot of activity and looks like a great tape. More than just walking and marching in place. I'm
> > not going to throw it away at this point. I'd
like
> > try the LeslieS tapes to see if I can handle them and work on the
> Prevention
> > one a little bit at a time. Maybe I can figure out the steps some day
;-)

> > "Connie" <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> wrote in message news:403A3B44.4030404@nospam_primus.ca...
> > > Laura:
> > >
> > > Congrats on losing the 1 lb. I guess the meetings are really important to you. I think they
> > > are to me as well and so is this group. I find
when
> > > I was away from this group I was ***** nilly with my points and
didn't
> > > lose. Now I am much more careful and lose about a lb a week.
> > >
> > > I'm glad you mentioned about the Prevention Walking tape. I have
trouble
> > > with making my arms and legs do different things too. I won't go get that tape even tho' I was
> > > thinking about it.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Connie Walsh
> > >
> > > 241.5/202/155 RAFL 210.5/202/198.5

> those
> > eating
> what
> > has
> week
> > like

> healthy
> or
> > which

> > like
> > don't
> over
> > simple or
> or
> hand-eye

When you buy them again, bring them home, portion them out, and when you eat
them, take one portion and go away from where they are stored, Lee
Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What I have noticed is that since I started with the meetings my trend is DOWN and the daily
> fluctuations have been minimal. Now if I can stay away from the WOW chips I'd be in good shape.
> I've bought the last bag for a while now that they are gone. I basically wiped this last bag out
> in 2 nights. I can't do that again.
>
> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > I can tell you this, I NEED the meetings, I don't know why I do or why
> they
> > work but they do and that is all I care about. Only one time in 70
weeks
> > did I not stay for a meeting, I was miserable. I stay and I lose, even
if
> > slow the trend is down, Lee Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Jsw_b.80120$hR.1644974@bgtnsc05-
> > news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > > Thanks Connie. I am begining to realise that although I have this
group
> > > get support from, I can't get all that I need. The meetings must be
> > filling
> > > in the gap and that's why I am losing again. Hard to say.
> > >
> > > I would say that anyone that has problems getting their arms and legs
> > > work together like I do will have problems with the Prevention tape.
It
> is
> > > lot of activity and looks like a great tape. More than just walking
and
> > > marching in place. I'm not going to throw it away at this point. I'd
> like
> > > try the LeslieS tapes to see if I can handle them and work on the
> > Prevention
> > > one a little bit at a time. Maybe I can figure out the steps some day
> ;-)
> > >
> > > "Connie" <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> wrote in message

> when
> didn't

> trouble

> > those
> stopped
> > > eating
> > what
> > > has
> > week
> > > like

> > healthy
> > or
> diet
> > > which

> something
> > > like
> legs
> > > don't
> > over
> > > simple or
Walking
> > or
> > hand-eye

Excellent idea. I'm hoping to NOT bring them home for a while. I need to be eating healthier snacks.

"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> When you buy them again, bring them home, portion them out, and when you
eat
> them, take one portion and go away from where they are stored, Lee Laura <[email protected]>
> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > What I have noticed is that since I started with the meetings my trend
is
> > DOWN and the daily fluctuations have been minimal. Now if I can stay
away
> > from the WOW chips I'd be in good shape. I've bought the last bag for a while now that they are
> > gone. I basically wiped this last bag out in 2 nights. I can't do that again.
> >
> > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > berlin.de...
> > > I can tell you this, I NEED the meetings, I don't know why I do or why
> > they
> > > work but they do and that is all I care about. Only one time in 70
> weeks
> > > did I not stay for a meeting, I was miserable. I stay and I lose,
even
> if
> > > slow the trend is down, Lee Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Jsw_b.80120$hR.1644974@bgtnsc05-
> > > news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> group
> > > filling

> It
> > is
> and
> > like
> > > Prevention
> > ;-)

> important
> > when
> > didn't

> > trouble

> > > those
> > stopped
> > > what
> > > week

> > > healthy
> breakfast
> > > or
> > diet

> > something
> > legs
> > > over
> Walking
> > > or
> > > hand-eye

good luck, Lee

wrote:

>RAFL wk 7: down 1.2 to 210 (total 35.6 since April 2003)

Congrats on the weeks and the total loss Laura :)

--
Erin in NZ
125/89/75 kgs

RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

"It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

Great job on both accounts girl... you are doin' awesome!

--

~Kristin O~
272/239.4/172

news.ops.worldnet.att.net...