Rafl wk 7

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Ray Miller, Feb 22, 2004.

  1. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    Last week I was up quite a bit (5lbs) due to a trip and what I'd hoped was water retention. This
    week back down 5 to 202 again. which is back to where I was before the trip. I'm not especially
    pleased 'cos I've been OP all week and hoped that I might get below 202. It means I was less
    diligent on the trip than I thought, and that curries have more calories than I had guessed. I
    siuppose I had gained 1-2 lbs on the trip and lost that again last week the rest was water.

    live and learn and then back OP :)

    Ray

    --
    rmnsuk
    273/207/182

    Tags:

  2. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Oh yummy, curries! But you 're right, they 're bad for you.
    Congrats on the 5lb loss anyway, and just prove that scale that you can go
    beyond 202 next week!
    I just realise that you 're struggling with getting under 200 exactly like I
    'm struggling to get beyond 100 Kg. It 's as if there were some kind of
    psychological barrier to get below that number. I keep gaining and losing
    the same pounds again but never get below 100. Frustrating isn't it? I 'm
    trying again this week, care to join me in the effort ?
    Oh by the way your sig still says 207 :)

    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.102/212 lbs "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Last week I was up quite a bit (5lbs) due to a trip and what I'd hoped was water retention. This
    > week back down 5 to 202 again. which is back to where I was before the trip. I'm not especially
    > pleased 'cos I've been OP all week and hoped that I might get below 202. It means I was less
    > diligent on the trip than I thought, and that curries have more calories than I had guessed. I
    > siuppose I had gained 1-2 lbs on the trip and lost that again last week the rest was water.
    >
    > live and learn and then back OP :)
    >
    > Ray
    >

    > --
    > rmnsuk
    > 273/207/182

  3. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    Yeah. Back on. Good. :)
    "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Last week I was up quite a bit (5lbs) due to a trip and what I'd hoped was water retention. This
    > week back down 5 to 202 again. which is back to where I was before the trip. I'm not especially
    > pleased 'cos I've been OP all week and hoped that I might get below 202. It means I was less
    > diligent on the trip than I thought, and that curries have more calories than I had guessed. I
    > siuppose I had gained 1-2 lbs on the trip and lost that again last week the rest was water.
    >
    > live and learn and then back OP :)
    >
    > Ray
    >

    > --
    > rmnsuk
    > 273/207/182

  4. Hi, Ray, Congratulations on your loss. You are doing great, even if you don't think so.
    --
    Take Care Catherine
    154/132.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132

    "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Last week I was up quite a bit (5lbs) due to a trip and what I'd hoped was water retention. This
    > week back down 5 to 202 again. which is back to where I was before the trip. I'm not especially
    > pleased 'cos I've been OP all week and hoped that I might get below 202. It means I was less
    > diligent on the trip than I thought, and that curries have more calories than I had guessed. I
    > siuppose I had gained 1-2 lbs on the trip and lost that again last week the rest was water.
    >
    > live and learn and then back OP :)
    >
    > Ray
    >

    > --
    > rmnsuk
    > 273/207/182

  5. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Well, returning to pre-trip weight after one week is pretty good even if not what was hoped. I think
    there is a lot more oil/ghee in curries and Indian food than we know. Good but point dense.

    On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 10:09:19 GMT, ray miller <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Last week I was up quite a bit (5lbs) due to a trip and what I'd hoped was water retention. This
    >week back down 5 to 202 again. which is back to where I was before the trip. I'm not especially
    >pleased 'cos I've been OP all week and hoped that I might get below 202. It means I was less
    >diligent on the trip than I thought, and that curries have more calories than I had guessed. I
    >siuppose I had gained 1-2 lbs on the trip and lost that again last week the rest was water.
    >
    >live and learn and then back OP :)
    >
    >Ray

  6. Sorry you didn't get as low as you hoped/expected. But good job on getting back to where you were
    before your trip. Staying OP for another week should get you lower next week.

    Prairie Roots

    On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 10:09:19 GMT, ray miller <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Last week I was up quite a bit (5lbs) due to a trip and what I'd hoped was water retention. This
    >week back down 5 to 202 again. which is back to where I was before the trip. I'm not especially
    >pleased 'cos I've been OP all week and hoped that I might get below 202. It means I was less
    >diligent on the trip than I thought, and that curries have more calories than I had guessed. I
    >siuppose I had gained 1-2 lbs on the trip and lost that again last week the rest was water.
    >
    >live and learn and then back OP :)
    >
    >Ray

  7. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:45:28 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Oh yummy, curries! But you 're right, they 're bad for you. Congrats on the 5lb loss anyway, and
    >just prove that scale that you can go beyond 202 next week! I just realise that you 're struggling
    >with getting under 200 exactly like I 'm struggling to get beyond 100 Kg. It 's as if there were
    >some kind of psychological barrier to get below that number. I keep gaining and losing the same
    >pounds again but never get below 100. Frustrating isn't it? I 'm trying again this week, care to
    >join me in the effort ? Oh by the way your sig still says 207 :)

    I've been trying for months to get under 200. Things have always got in the way. Holiday,
    christmas, work, this trip. My BF% has come down considerably, so the fat is going but the weight
    still hangs in there.

    Yes I'll join you. Just three pounds for me, and 4 and a bit for you? I can't get to grips with
    kilos. They came in after I left school:) Having said that I lifted 50 kilo+the bar in the bench
    press for the first time today. That 60% of my bodyweight. The nice thing is that if I can get below
    200 and still lift the same it'll be 62% hehe :)

    Sig changed thx :)

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk
    273/202/182

  8. Connie

    Connie Guest

    ray miller wrote:
    > Last week I was up quite a bit (5lbs) due to a trip and what I'd hoped was water retention. This
    > week back down 5 to 202 again. which is back to where I was before the trip. I'm not especially
    > pleased 'cos I've been OP all week and hoped that I might get below 202. It means I was less
    > diligent on the trip than I thought, and that curries have more calories than I had guessed. I
    > siuppose I had gained 1-2 lbs on the trip and lost that again last week the rest was water.
    >
    > live and learn and then back OP :)
    >
    > Ray

    Losing 5 is great no matter what!! Congrats!!

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/202/155 RAFL 210.5/202/198.5

  9. you are back in the right direction, OP and you learned, all in all a good
    week, Lee
    ray miller <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Last week I was up quite a bit (5lbs) due to a trip and what I'd hoped was water retention. This
    > week back down 5 to 202 again. which is back to where I was before the trip. I'm not especially
    > pleased 'cos I've been OP all week and hoped that I might get below 202. It means I was less
    > diligent on the trip than I thought, and that curries have more calories than I had guessed. I
    > siuppose I had gained 1-2 lbs on the trip and lost that again last week the rest was water.
    >
    > live and learn and then back OP :)
    >
    > Ray
    >

    > --
    > rmnsuk
    > 273/207/182

  10. and here is a question for both of you, were you in this general vicinity
    for a while on the way up? My leader said that a stall can occur for many
    reasons, but the least looked at is the fact that your body remembers being
    this weight before and can consider it a "set point", Lee
    ray miller <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:45:28 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Oh yummy, curries! But you 're right, they 're bad for you. Congrats on the 5lb loss anyway, and
    > >just prove that scale that you can
    go
    > >beyond 202 next week! I just realise that you 're struggling with getting under 200 exactly
    like I
    > >'m struggling to get beyond 100 Kg. It 's as if there were some kind of psychological barrier to
    > >get below that number. I keep gaining and losing the same pounds again but never get below 100.
    > >Frustrating isn't it? I 'm trying again this week, care to join me in the effort ? Oh by the way
    > >your sig still says 207 :)
    >
    > I've been trying for months to get under 200. Things have always got in the way. Holiday,
    > christmas, work, this trip. My BF% has come down considerably, so the fat is going but the weight
    > still hangs in there.
    >
    > Yes I'll join you. Just three pounds for me, and 4 and a bit for you? I can't get to grips with
    > kilos. They came in after I left school:) Having said that I lifted 50 kilo+the bar in the bench
    > press for the first time today. That 60% of my bodyweight. The nice thing is that if I can get
    > below 200 and still lift the same it'll be 62% hehe :)
    >
    > Sig changed thx :)
    >
    > Ray
    > --
    > rmnsuk
    > 273/202/182

  11. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:17:35 -0600, "Miss Violette"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >and here is a question for both of you, were you in this general vicinity for a while on the way
    >up? My leader said that a stall can occur for many reasons, but the least looked at is the fact
    >that your body remembers being this weight before and can consider it a "set point", Lee

    Thats interesting Lee. I've read a little about set points and never really considered the theory
    valid. I'll keep an open mind and do some more research.

    In my case I think I've been unlucky with holidays and such. Though I did have a 4 week period on
    200 just before going to Goa. 200 pounds is just over 14 stone. I can't remember really whether I
    weighed 14+ stone for long. I think I was at 13/13.5 for a long time

    Its been 31 weeks since I last reached 202 In that time I've lost 34 pounds. Unfortunately I've also
    put on 34 pounds! So I've found a major weakness. I don't/won't control my eating when I'm away from
    home. I knew that was true but I didn't realize exactly how bad it was. If I'd controlled my
    calories during those periods I'd be way under goal by now!!!

    I'm frustrated but not really put off. I know I can do it, it just takes so long. 200 is close, and
    I'm feeling good and eating well. so unless life gets in the way (again) I'm set to be in onderland
    in the next three weeks !

    Ray

    02/08/03 201 wk 4 - 14st 5lbs
    02/09/03 204 wk 5 - 14st 8lbs - way off program
    02/10/03 202 wk 6 - 14st 6lbs - back op
    02/11/03 201 wk 7 - 14st 5lbs - still op
    02/12/03 203 **********holiday - pickering
    02/13/03 207 wk 9 - 14st 11lbs
    02/14/03 205 wk10 - 14st 9lbs
    02/15/03 203 wk 11 - 14st 7lbs
    02/16/03 201 end of swwc
    02/17/03 205 ***********?????
    02/18/03 202
    02/19/03 201 200
    02/20/03 200 200
    02/21/03 200? 210 - but faulty reading?
    02/22/03 200
    02/23/03 200 goa 15/11/03
    02/24/03
    02/25/03 215 **********holiday goa
    02/26/03 209 back in uk
    02/27/03 209
    02/28/03 207
    02/29/03 210 **********christmas
    02/30/04 209 rafl start
    02/31/04 207 wk 1
    02/32/04 205 wk 2
    02/33/04 206 wk 3
    02/34/04 203 wk 4
    02/35/04 202 wk 5
    02/36/04 207 **********training course
    02/37/04 202 wk 7

    --
    rmnsuk
    02/38/182

  12. I never put much stock in it until I had about twelve weeks of not doing
    anything but bounce, I was alreadoing, on points, water and healthy, so I
    decided to ride it out, I was was rewarded with a loss of 4.8 and 5.2 back
    to back weeks, Lee
    ray miller <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:17:35 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >and here is a question for both of you, were you in this general vicinity for a while on the way
    > >up? My leader said that a stall can occur for
    many
    > >reasons, but the least looked at is the fact that your body remembers
    being
    > >this weight before and can consider it a "set point", Lee
    >
    > Thats interesting Lee. I've read a little about set points and never really considered the theory
    > valid. I'll keep an open mind and do some more research.
    >
    > In my case I think I've been unlucky with holidays and such. Though I did have a 4 week period on
    > 200 just before going to Goa. 200 pounds is just over 14 stone. I can't remember really whether I
    > weighed 14+ stone for long. I think I was at 13/13.5 for a long time
    >
    > Its been 31 weeks since I last reached 202 In that time I've lost 34 pounds. Unfortunately I've
    > also put on 34 pounds! So I've found a major weakness. I don't/won't control my eating when I'm
    > away from home. I knew that was true but I didn't realize exactly how bad it was. If I'd
    > controlled my calories during those periods I'd be way under goal by now!!!
    >
    > I'm frustrated but not really put off. I know I can do it, it just takes so long. 200 is close,
    > and I'm feeling good and eating well. so unless life gets in the way (again) I'm set to be in
    > onderland in the next three weeks !
    >
    > Ray
    >

    > 02/08/03 201 wk 4 - 14st 5lbs
    > 09/08/03 204 wk 5 - 14st 8lbs - way off program
    > 16/08/03 202 wk 6 - 14st 6lbs - back op
    > 23/08/03 201 wk 7 - 14st 5lbs - still op
    > 30/08/03 203 **********holiday - pickering
    > 06/09/03 207 wk 9 - 14st 11lbs
    > 13/09/03 205 wk10 - 14st 9lbs
    > 20/09/03 203 wk 11 - 14st 7lbs
    > 27/09/03 201 end of swwc
    > 04/10/03 205 ***********?????
    > 11/10/03 202
    > 18/10/03 201 200
    > 25/10/03 200 200
    > 01/11/03 200? 210 - but faulty reading?
    > 08/11/03 200
    > 15/11/03 200 goa 15/11/03
    > 22/11/03
    > 29/11/03 215 **********holiday goa
    > 06/12/03 209 back in uk
    > 13/12/03 209
    > 20/12/03 207
    > 27/12/03 210 **********christmas
    > 03/01/04 209 rafl start
    > 10/01/04 207 wk 1
    > 17/01/04 205 wk 2
    > 24/01/04 206 wk 3
    > 31/01/04 203 wk 4
    > 07/02/04 202 wk 5
    > 14/02/04 207 **********training course
    > 21/02/04 202 wk 7
    >
    > --
    > rmnsuk
    > 273/202/182

  13. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    I 'v been hovering around 100 Kg for years, at school and then at university, so yes it does make
    sense in my case. But please don't tell me I will stay at this weight for another 4-5 years :) Not
    only is it a kind of set point but it 's also a psychological barrier. Below 100 is overweight but
    not grossly overweight. See, when people here talk about somebody they think is really fat, they
    will always say that the person must weigh 100 Kg. And now people tell me I look so good, and what
    do I weigh ? 100 Kg. People are strange...
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134.1/101.5/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/101.4/96 Kg
    134/1.102/212 lbs "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
> [...]
    > > whether I weighed 14+ stone for long. I think I was at 13/13.5 for a long time
    > >
    > > Its been 31 weeks since I last reached 202 In that time I've lost 34 pounds. Unfortunately I've
    > > also put on 34 pounds! So I've found a major weakness. I don't/won't control my eating when I'm
    > > away from home. I knew that was true but I didn't realize exactly how bad it was. If I'd
    > > controlled my calories during those periods I'd be way under goal by now!!!
    > >
    > > I'm frustrated but not really put off. I know I can do it, it just takes so long. 200 is close,
    > > and I'm feeling good and eating well. so unless life gets in the way (again) I'm set to be in
    > > onderland in the next three weeks !
    > >
    > > Ray
    > >

    > > 02/08/03 201 wk 4 - 14st 5lbs
    > > 09/08/03 204 wk 5 - 14st 8lbs - way off program
    > > 16/08/03 202 wk 6 - 14st 6lbs - back op
    > > 23/08/03 201 wk 7 - 14st 5lbs - still op

  14. No I was on my stall for a total of 16 weeks I think I lost a total of three
    pounds before the breakthrough, then I shed a bunch and then slowed back
    down, here it is over two hundred pounds or over two fifty depending on the
    conversation, I know it took a bit for me to deal with two hundred as I had
    managed for so many years to stay just below that, whatever the case, you
    are not a quitter so I have every faith you will reach your goals, Lee
    Nathalie W <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
> [...]

    > > > whether I weighed 14+ stone for long. I think I was at 13/13.5 for a long time
    > > >
    > > > Its been 31 weeks since I last reached 202 In that time I've lost 34 pounds. Unfortunately
    > > > I've also put on 34 pounds! So I've found a major weakness. I don't/won't control my eating
    > > > when I'm away from home. I knew that was true but I didn't realize exactly how bad it was. If
    > > > I'd controlled my calories during those periods I'd be way under goal by now!!!
    > > >
    > > > I'm frustrated but not really put off. I know I can do it, it just takes so long. 200 is
    > > > close, and I'm feeling good and eating well. so unless life gets in the way (again) I'm set to
    > > > be in onderland in the next three weeks !
    > > >
    > > > Ray
    > > >

    > > > 02/08/03 201 wk 4 - 14st 5lbs
    > > > 09/08/03 204 wk 5 - 14st 8lbs - way off program
    > > > 16/08/03 202 wk 6 - 14st 6lbs - back op
    > > > 23/08/03 201 wk 7 - 14st 5lbs - still op

  15. Erin Marsh

    Erin Marsh Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Last week I was up quite a bit (5lbs) due to a trip and what I'd hoped was water retention. This
    >week back down 5 to 202 again. which is back to where I was before the trip. I'm not especially
    >pleased 'cos I've been OP all week and hoped that I might get below 202. It means I was less
    >diligent on the trip than I thought, and that curries have more calories than I had guessed. I
    >siuppose I had gained 1-2 lbs on the trip and lost that again last week the rest was water.
    >
    >live and learn and then back OP :)

    Congrats on losing those 5 pounds Ray. Good luck getting under 200. I know you can do it!

    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs

    RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

    "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  16. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Hey don't worry about that, Ray... you'll get into Onederland soon I think.
    :)

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/239.4/172