RAFL wk 8 / THTP wk 12 Laura

Laura

Guest
RAFL wk 8: down 0.8 to 209.2

Entered a new decade this week. Yahoo. I don't remember being this low in a long time. Of course, on
the way up I rarely stepped on a scale. The last weight that I remember was 190 and that was quite a
while ago.

I talked briefly to my WW leader and she agreed to changing my starting weight on my card to
acknowledge the entire 35+ pounds that I have lost since last April.

THTP wk 12: 4 Curves sessions

--
~~Laura~~
247/209.2/150

Nice job, Laura... wow... you are so close to 199 now. I would be SO thrilled if I were you!

--

~Kristin O~
272/239.4/172

"Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Nb70c.113253$hR.2189929@bgtnsc05-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> RAFL wk 8: down 0.8 to 209.2
>
> Entered a new decade this week. Yahoo. I don't remember being this low in
> long time. Of course, on the way up I rarely stepped on a scale. The last weight that I remember
> was 190 and that was quite a while ago.
>
> I talked briefly to my WW leader and she agreed to changing my starting weight on my card to
> acknowledge the entire 35+ pounds that I have lost since last April.
>

> THTP wk 12: 4 Curves sessions
>
> --
> ~~Laura~~
> 247/209.2/150
> 215/209.2/205 RAFL started 4/21/03 rejoined 1/31/04

Great job on the new decade, Laura! And... next decade is Onederland!
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/101.1/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
134/1.102/212 lbs "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Nb70c.113253$hR.2189929@bgtnsc05-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> RAFL wk 8: down 0.8 to 209.2
>
> Entered a new decade this week. Yahoo. I don't remember being this low in
> long time. Of course, on the way up I rarely stepped on a scale. The last weight that I remember
> was 190 and that was quite a while ago.
>
> I talked briefly to my WW leader and she agreed to changing my starting weight on my card to
> acknowledge the entire 35+ pounds that I have lost since last April.
>

> THTP wk 12: 4 Curves sessions
>
> --
> ~~Laura~~
> 247/209.2/150
> 215/209.2/205 RAFL started 4/21/03 rejoined 1/31/04

Thanks Kristin. My current mini-goals are 205.6 (40 lbs total) and 205 (RAFL goal). With 5
weeks left, I might just make it this time. After that my goal will be 199. But let's take one
step at a time.

"Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> Nice job, Laura... wow... you are so close to 199 now. I would be SO thrilled if I were you!
>
> --
>
> ~Kristin O~
> 272/239.4/172
>

> "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Nb70c.113253$hR.2189929@bgtnsc05-
> news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > RAFL wk 8: down 0.8 to 209.2
> >
> > Entered a new decade this week. Yahoo. I don't remember being this low
in
> > long time. Of course, on the way up I rarely stepped on a scale. The
last
> > weight that I remember was 190 and that was quite a while ago.
> >
> > I talked briefly to my WW leader and she agreed to changing my starting weight on my card to
> > acknowledge the entire 35+ pounds that I have lost since last April.
> >

> > THTP wk 12: 4 Curves sessions
> >
> > --
> > ~~Laura~~
> > 247/209.2/150
> > 215/209.2/205 RAFL started 4/21/03 rejoined 1/31/04

And that is a wonderful thing.

"Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> Great job on the new decade, Laura! And... next decade is Onederland!
> --
> Nathalie from Belgium
> 134.1/101.1/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
> 295.6/222.8/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/101.4/96 Kg
> 232/222.8/212 lbs "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Nb70c.113253$hR.2189929@bgtnsc05-
> news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > RAFL wk 8: down 0.8 to 209.2
> >
> > Entered a new decade this week. Yahoo. I don't remember being this low
in
> > long time. Of course, on the way up I rarely stepped on a scale. The
last
> > weight that I remember was 190 and that was quite a while ago.
> >
> > I talked briefly to my WW leader and she agreed to changing my starting weight on my card to
> > acknowledge the entire 35+ pounds that I have lost since last April.
> >

> > THTP wk 12: 4 Curves sessions
> >
> > --
> > ~~Laura~~
> > 247/209.2/150
> > 215/209.2/205 RAFL started 4/21/03 rejoined 1/31/04

wow good news and more good news !

"Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Nb70c.113253$hR.2189929@bgtnsc05-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> RAFL wk 8: down 0.8 to 209.2
>
> Entered a new decade this week. Yahoo. I don't remember being this low in
> long time. Of course, on the way up I rarely stepped on a scale. The last weight that I remember
> was 190 and that was quite a while ago.
>
> I talked briefly to my WW leader and she agreed to changing my starting weight on my card to
> acknowledge the entire 35+ pounds that I have lost since last April.
>

> THTP wk 12: 4 Curves sessions
>
> --
> ~~Laura~~
> 247/209.2/150
> 215/209.2/205 RAFL started 4/21/03 rejoined 1/31/04

Thanks. I'm slowwwwwwwwly getting there.

"Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> wow good news and more good news !
>
> "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Nb70c.113253$hR.2189929@bgtnsc05-
> news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > RAFL wk 8: down 0.8 to 209.2
> >
> > Entered a new decade this week. Yahoo. I don't remember being this low
in
> > long time. Of course, on the way up I rarely stepped on a scale. The
last
> > weight that I remember was 190 and that was quite a while ago.
> >
> > I talked briefly to my WW leader and she agreed to changing my starting weight on my card to
> > acknowledge the entire 35+ pounds that I have lost since last April.
> >

> > THTP wk 12: 4 Curves sessions
> >
> > --
> > ~~Laura~~
> > 247/209.2/150
> > 215/209.2/205 RAFL started 4/21/03 rejoined 1/31/04

So GOOD to have you off that plateau. I greatly admire you for sticking with it. And what a payoff.

Great news about your leader agreeing to acknowledge your uninterrupted effort. It's only right.

Prairie Roots

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:51:57 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>RAFL wk 8: down 0.8 to 209.2
>
>Entered a new decade this week. Yahoo. I don't remember being this low in a long time. Of course,
>on the way up I rarely stepped on a scale. The last weight that I remember was 190 and that was
>quite a while ago.
>
>I talked briefly to my WW leader and she agreed to changing my starting weight on my card to
>acknowledge the entire 35+ pounds that I have lost since last April.
>

>THTP wk 12: 4 Curves sessions

Thanks PR. (how'da get that name?) I had originally asked the weigher and she said that they did
not do that but after the meeting I went up to the leader and asked her. I felt left out when she
was giving out pins for sticking with the program for 16week. Here I've been at it for 44 weeks but
the program only acknowleding 5. She understood exactly how I felt and said that she would change
my starting weight next week. I just have to make sure that I weigh in with her so that she can
change my card.

"Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> So GOOD to have you off that plateau. I greatly admire you for sticking with it. And what
> a payoff.
>
> Great news about your leader agreeing to acknowledge your uninterrupted effort. It's only right.
>
> Prairie Roots
>
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:51:57 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >RAFL wk 8: down 0.8 to 209.2
> >
> >Entered a new decade this week. Yahoo. I don't remember being this low in
> >long time. Of course, on the way up I rarely stepped on a scale. The last weight that I remember
> >was 190 and that was quite a while ago.
> >
> >I talked briefly to my WW leader and she agreed to changing my starting weight on my card to
> >acknowledge the entire 35+ pounds that I have lost since last April.
> >

> >THTP wk 12: 4 Curves sessions

Now that you've related the whole story, I'm even more impressed with your gumption. Being assertive
doesn't mean being aggressive. Just means making your point till someone hears and responds. You
will also receive a couple of 16-week pins, right?

About my screen name: When I was publishing a weblog, which I titled "Prairie Roots," I wrote the
following for the About page.

I grew up on the edge of the prairie in the Minneapolis suburb of Spring Lake Park, about 20 miles
due north of downtown. At one time, the area was a prairie-forest transition ecosystem called oak
savanna. Remnants of the oak savanna and tallgrass prairie were still in evidence when I was
growing up. In the 50s and early 60s there were more undeveloped areas in that northernmost suburb
than there were housing developments. Thus, calling myself Prairie Roots acknowledges my own
prairie roots.

The name refers also to the characteristics of prairie plant roots themselves, roots that grow deep
into the earth in search of water, some exceeding depths of 11 feet. This means that the roots
extend deeper into the ground than the stems rise above it. In fact, two-thirds of the living
portion of the prairie is below ground in its roots.

Each year the above ground part of the plant dies back, while below ground some of the root
structure decomposes and becomes part of the soil. The result of this continuous cycle of life and
death created some of the earth's richest, most fertile soil.

In calling upon the prairie ecosystem as a symbol for my own life, of burning out on the surface
while my roots descend ever deeper in search of living water, of becoming stronger and more fertile
with each cycle of living and dying, I pay homage to my ancestors and descendants, to the place I
call home, to my prairie roots.

Linda P. (aka Prairie Roots)

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 00:17:49 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Thanks PR. (how'da get that name?) I had originally asked the weigher and she said that they did
>not do that but after the meeting I went up to the leader and asked her. I felt left out when she
>was giving out pins for sticking with the program for 16week. Here I've been at it for 44 weeks but
>the program only acknowleding 5. She understood exactly how I felt and said that she would change
>my starting weight next week. I just have to make sure that I weigh in with her so that she can
>change my card.
>
>"Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> So GOOD to have you off that plateau. I greatly admire you for sticking with it. And what a
>> payoff.
>>
>> Great news about your leader agreeing to acknowledge your uninterrupted effort. It's only right.
>>
>> Prairie Roots
>>
>> On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:51:57 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >RAFL wk 8: down 0.8 to 209.2
>> >
>> >Entered a new decade this week. Yahoo. I don't remember being this low in
>> >long time. Of course, on the way up I rarely stepped on a scale. The last weight that I remember
>> >was 190 and that was quite a while ago.
>> >
>> >I talked briefly to my WW leader and she agreed to changing my starting weight on my card to
>> >acknowledge the entire 35+ pounds that I have lost since last April.
>> >

>> >THTP wk 12: 4 Curves sessions

Prairie Roots
232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Congrats on that loss. May you match the week with at least a .9 loss in Week 9.

Good going on getting your start weight fixed.

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:51:57 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>RAFL wk 8: down 0.8 to 209.2
>
>Entered a new decade this week. Yahoo. I don't remember being this low in a long time. Of course,
>on the way up I rarely stepped on a scale. The last weight that I remember was 190 and that was
>quite a while ago.
>
>I talked briefly to my WW leader and she agreed to changing my starting weight on my card to
>acknowledge the entire 35+ pounds that I have lost since last April.
>

>THTP wk 12: 4 Curves sessions

"Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Now that you've related the whole story, I'm even more impressed with your gumption. Being
> assertive doesn't mean being aggressive. Just means making your point till someone hears and
> responds. You will also receive a couple of 16-week pins, right?

I'll probably until I have gone the 16 weeks this round before I ask for the 16 week pin. I had
never heard of the 16week pin until tonight. It might be something that the old leader did not
follow or it is something new.

> About my screen name: When I was publishing a weblog, which I titled "Prairie Roots," I wrote the
> following for the About page.
>
> I grew up on the edge of the prairie in the Minneapolis suburb of Spring Lake Park, about 20 miles
> due north of downtown. At one time, the area was a prairie-forest transition ecosystem called oak
> savanna. Remnants of the oak savanna and tallgrass prairie were still in evidence when I was
> growing up. In the 50s and early 60s there were more undeveloped areas in that northernmost suburb
> than there were housing developments. Thus, calling myself Prairie Roots acknowledges my own
> prairie roots.
>
> The name refers also to the characteristics of prairie plant roots themselves, roots that grow
> deep into the earth in search of water, some exceeding depths of 11 feet. This means that the
> roots extend deeper into the ground than the stems rise above it. In fact, two-thirds of the
> living portion of the prairie is below ground in its roots.
>
> Each year the above ground part of the plant dies back, while below ground some of the root
> structure decomposes and becomes part of the soil. The result of this continuous cycle of life and
> death created some of the earth's richest, most fertile soil.
>
> In calling upon the prairie ecosystem as a symbol for my own life, of burning out on the surface
> while my roots descend ever deeper in search of living water, of becoming stronger and more
> fertile with each cycle of living and dying, I pay homage to my ancestors and descendants, to the
> place I call home, to my prairie roots.

Interesting story. Does show your origin.

> Linda P. (aka Prairie Roots)

Hi Linda. It's always nice knowing people's real name online. We can associate more with a regular
name than with a screen name.

Thanks Fred. I am hoping for more than a .9 loss but that would be kinda cool if it ended up being a
.9 loss. Can only go up from there, right?

We'll know for sure next Saturday if I am sucessful in getting my start weight fixed. I'll keep
everyone posted.

> Congrats on that loss. May you match the week with at least a .9 loss in Week 9.
>
> Good going on getting your start weight fixed.
>
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:51:57 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >RAFL wk 8: down 0.8 to 209.2
> >
> >Entered a new decade this week. Yahoo. I don't remember being this low in
> >long time. Of course, on the way up I rarely stepped on a scale. The last weight that I remember
> >was 190 and that was quite a while ago.
> >
> >I talked briefly to my WW leader and she agreed to changing my starting weight on my card to
> >acknowledge the entire 35+ pounds that I have lost since last April.
> >

> >THTP wk 12: 4 Curves sessions

Yeah. I've been thinking about coming out of hiding.

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:17:41 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi Linda. It's always nice knowing people's real name online. We can associate more with a regular
>name than with a screen name.

Prairie Roots
232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Maybe when the snow melts off the SURFACE. (G)

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 19:52:32 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:

>Yeah. I've been thinking about coming out of hiding.
>
>On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:17:41 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Hi Linda. It's always nice knowing people's real name online. We can associate more with a regular
>>name than with a screen name.
>
>Prairie Roots
>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Excellent news Laura!! Congrats on the loss and on getting the leader to agree to bridge the
time served!!

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/201.5/155 RAFL 210.5/201.5/198.5

Laura wrote:
> RAFL wk 8: down 0.8 to 209.2
>
> Entered a new decade this week. Yahoo. I don't remember being this low in a long time. Of course,
> on the way up I rarely stepped on a scale. The last weight that I remember was 190 and that was
> quite a while ago.
>
> I talked briefly to my WW leader and she agreed to changing my starting weight on my card to
> acknowledge the entire 35+ pounds that I have lost since last April.
>

> THTP wk 12: 4 Curves sessions

That's great news on both accounts!

Congratulations! Julie "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Nb70c.113253$hR.2189929@bgtnsc05-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> RAFL wk 8: down 0.8 to 209.2
>
> Entered a new decade this week. Yahoo. I don't remember being this low in
> long time. Of course, on the way up I rarely stepped on a scale. The last weight that I remember
> was 190 and that was quite a while ago.
>
> I talked briefly to my WW leader and she agreed to changing my starting weight on my card to
> acknowledge the entire 35+ pounds that I have lost since last April.
>

> THTP wk 12: 4 Curves sessions
>
> --
> ~~Laura~~
> 247/209.2/150
> 215/209.2/205 RAFL started 4/21/03 rejoined 1/31/04

What a great explanation for a beautiful screen name, Linda. I really like it!
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/101.1/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
134.1/101.2/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/101.4/96 Kg
134/1.102/212 lbs "Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]
> >was giving out pins for sticking with the program for 16week. Here I've been at it for 44 weeks
but
> >the program only acknowleding 5. She understood exactly how I felt and
said
> >that she would change my starting weight next week. I just have to make
sure
> >that I weigh in with her so that she can change my card.
> >
> >"Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> So GOOD to have you off that plateau. I greatly admire you for sticking with it. And what a
> >> payoff.
> >>
> >> Great news about your leader agreeing to acknowledge your uninterrupted effort. It's only
> >> right.
> >>
> >> Prairie Roots

> Prairie Roots
> 232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Thanks Connie. It took a bit of courage to go ask her after having the weigher tell me that they
never do it.

"Connie" <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> wrote in message news:40416D75.1070300@nospam_primus.ca...
> Excellent news Laura!! Congrats on the loss and on getting the leader to agree to bridge the time
> served!!
>
> --
>
> Cheers,
>
> Connie Walsh
>
> 241.5/201.5/155 RAFL 210.5/201.5/198.5
>
> Laura wrote:
> > RAFL wk 8: down 0.8 to 209.2
> >
> > Entered a new decade this week. Yahoo. I don't remember being this low
in a
> > long time. Of course, on the way up I rarely stepped on a scale. The
last
> > weight that I remember was 190 and that was quite a while ago.
> >
> > I talked briefly to my WW leader and she agreed to changing my starting weight on my card to
> > acknowledge the entire 35+ pounds that I have lost since last April.
> >

> > THTP wk 12: 4 Curves sessions

thanks skiur.