RAFL Wk1 (the other)Ray

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Ray Miller, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    end of another week. I managed 3 weights and 2 cardio, and been OP all week (except for a small
    slice of chocolate fudge cake last night). Down 2lbs to 207.

    Went to the gym yesterday to get some instruction on how to lift , and as a result I've got a
    major case of DOMS so I doubt I'll be lifting heavy today. It's actually a bit of a strain to
    slide the mouse.

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk overall - 273/209/182

    Tags:

  2. wonderful loss, Lee
    ray miller <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > end of another week. I managed 3 weights and 2 cardio, and been OP all week (except for a small
    > slice of chocolate fudge cake last night). Down 2lbs to 207.
    >
    > Went to the gym yesterday to get some instruction on how to lift , and as a result I've got a
    > major case of DOMS so I doubt I'll be lifting heavy today. It's actually a bit of a strain to
    > slide the mouse.
    >
    > Ray
    > --
    > rmnsuk overall - 273/209/182

  3. You're back in the groove Ray. Keep it going.

    Prairie Roots

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:10:20 GMT, ray miller <[email protected]> wrote:

    >end of another week. I managed 3 weights and 2 cardio, and been OP all week (except for a small
    >slice of chocolate fudge cake last night). Down 2lbs to 207.
    >
    >Went to the gym yesterday to get some instruction on how to lift , and as a result I've got a
    >major case of DOMS so I doubt I'll be lifting heavy today. It's actually a bit of a strain to
    >slide the mouse.
    >
    >Ray

  4. Linda J

    Linda J Guest

    Well done, Ray, and congrats on losing that two pounds.

    If you can't shift the mouse, I'll tell your boss you need a day off;-)

    Linda

    Date: Sun, Jan 11, 2004, 9:10am (EST+5) From: [email protected] (ray=A0miller) end of another
    week. I managed 3 weights and 2 cardio, and been OP all week (except for a small slice of chocolate
    fudge cake last night). Down 2lbs to 207. Went to the gym yesterday to get some instruction on how
    to lift , and as a result I've got a major case of DOMS so I doubt I'll be lifting heavy today. It's
    actually a bit of a strain to slide the mouse. Ray
    --
    rmnsuk overall - 273/209/182

  5. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Good job. Keep it up. You are on a roll. {no, not that kind of roll}

    "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > end of another week. I managed 3 weights and 2 cardio, and been OP all week (except for a small
    > slice of chocolate fudge cake last night). Down 2lbs to 207.
    >
    > Went to the gym yesterday to get some instruction on how to lift , and as a result I've got a
    > major case of DOMS so I doubt I'll be lifting heavy today. It's actually a bit of a strain to
    > slide the mouse.
    >
    > Ray
    > --
    > rmnsuk overall - 273/209/182

  6. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Congrats on the 2 down. Careful with that mouse! (G)

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:10:20 GMT, ray miller <[email protected]> wrote:

    >end of another week. I managed 3 weights and 2 cardio, and been OP all week (except for a small
    >slice of chocolate fudge cake last night). Down 2lbs to 207.
    >
    >Went to the gym yesterday to get some instruction on how to lift , and as a result I've got a
    >major case of DOMS so I doubt I'll be lifting heavy today. It's actually a bit of a strain to
    >slide the mouse.
    >
    >Ray

  7. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Great loss, Ray... and wonderful activity! Hope you feel better soon. :)

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/242.2/172

    "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > end of another week. I managed 3 weights and 2 cardio, and been OP all week (except for a small
    > slice of chocolate fudge cake last night). Down 2lbs to 207.
    >
    > Went to the gym yesterday to get some instruction on how to lift , and as a result I've got a
    > major case of DOMS so I doubt I'll be lifting heavy today. It's actually a bit of a strain to
    > slide the mouse.
    >
    > Ray
    > --
    > rmnsuk overall - 273/209/182

  8. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Way to go, Ray! But what is DOMS ?
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.105/212 lbs "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > end of another week. I managed 3 weights and 2 cardio, and been OP all week (except for a small
    > slice of chocolate fudge cake last night). Down 2lbs to 207.
    >
    > Went to the gym yesterday to get some instruction on how to lift , and as a result I've got a
    > major case of DOMS so I doubt I'll be lifting heavy today. It's actually a bit of a strain to
    > slide the mouse.
    >
    > Ray
    > --
    > rmnsuk overall - 273/209/182

  9. Congratulations on the loss Ray.
    --
    Brenda
    209/178/150 RafL goal 165

    "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > end of another week. I managed 3 weights and 2 cardio, and been OP all week (except for a small
    > slice of chocolate fudge cake last night). Down 2lbs to 207.
    >
    > Went to the gym yesterday to get some instruction on how to lift , and as a result I've got a
    > major case of DOMS so I doubt I'll be lifting heavy today. It's actually a bit of a strain to
    > slide the mouse.
    >
    > Ray
    > --
    > rmnsuk overall - 273/209/182

  10. Krys

    Krys Guest

    well done on the loss Ray - and don't worry, the gym will still be there another day, so
    happy healing!

    --
    krys

    UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but making
    progress. "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > end of another week. I managed 3 weights and 2 cardio, and been OP all week (except for a small
    > slice of chocolate fudge cake last night). Down 2lbs to 207.
    >
    > Went to the gym yesterday to get some instruction on how to lift , and as a result I've got a
    > major case of DOMS so I doubt I'll be lifting heavy today. It's actually a bit of a strain to
    > slide the mouse.
    >
    > Ray
    > --
    > rmnsuk overall - 273/209/182

  11. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 23:07:38 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Way to go, Ray! But what is DOMS ?

    Delayed onset muscle soreness.

    Its the pain you get the day after doing a different exercise. Have you ever gone skating in the
    park and not been able to get up and walk properly the next day?

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk overall - 273/207/182

  12. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Thanks for clearing that up, Ray. I, too, didn't exactly know what that
    acronym stood for. Thank you, Nathalie, for asking! :)

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/242.2/172

    "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 23:07:38 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Way to go, Ray! But what is DOMS ?
    >
    > Delayed onset muscle soreness.
    >
    > Its the pain you get the day after doing a different exercise. Have you ever gone skating in the
    > park and not been able to get up and walk properly the next day?
    >
    > Ray
    > --
    > rmnsuk overall - 273/207/182

  13. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Ah, yes, curbs have sometimes been 6 feet high after a strenuous DOWNHILL hike - the thighs get
    hammered pounding down a trail braking the speed. Barely being able to walk the stairs or get down
    curbs - it can be entertaining in a perverse kind of way (g)

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 22:28:39 GMT, ray miller <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 23:07:38 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Way to go, Ray! But what is DOMS ?
    >
    >Delayed onset muscle soreness.
    >
    >Its the pain you get the day after doing a different exercise. Have you ever gone skating in the
    >park and not been able to get up and walk properly the next day?
    >
    >Ray

  14. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Ah OK, that makes sense. After I went mountainbiking in Cuba last holiday, my b*tt knew exactly what
    you meant!