RAFL Wk1 (the other)Ray

Ray Miller

Guest
end of another week. I managed 3 weights and 2 cardio, and been OP all week (except for a small
slice of chocolate fudge cake last night). Down 2lbs to 207.

Went to the gym yesterday to get some instruction on how to lift , and as a result I've got a
major case of DOMS so I doubt I'll be lifting heavy today. It's actually a bit of a strain to
slide the mouse.

Ray
--
rmnsuk overall - 273/209/182

wonderful loss, Lee
ray miller <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> end of another week. I managed 3 weights and 2 cardio, and been OP all week (except for a small
> slice of chocolate fudge cake last night). Down 2lbs to 207.
>
> Went to the gym yesterday to get some instruction on how to lift , and as a result I've got a
> major case of DOMS so I doubt I'll be lifting heavy today. It's actually a bit of a strain to
> slide the mouse.
>
> Ray
> --
> rmnsuk overall - 273/209/182

You're back in the groove Ray. Keep it going.

Prairie Roots

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:10:20 GMT, ray miller <[email protected]> wrote:

>end of another week. I managed 3 weights and 2 cardio, and been OP all week (except for a small
>slice of chocolate fudge cake last night). Down 2lbs to 207.
>
>Went to the gym yesterday to get some instruction on how to lift , and as a result I've got a
>major case of DOMS so I doubt I'll be lifting heavy today. It's actually a bit of a strain to
>slide the mouse.
>
>Ray

Well done, Ray, and congrats on losing that two pounds.

If you can't shift the mouse, I'll tell your boss you need a day off;-)

Linda

Date: Sun, Jan 11, 2004, 9:10am (EST+5) From: [email protected] (ray=A0miller) end of another
week. I managed 3 weights and 2 cardio, and been OP all week (except for a small slice of chocolate
fudge cake last night). Down 2lbs to 207. Went to the gym yesterday to get some instruction on how
to lift , and as a result I've got a major case of DOMS so I doubt I'll be lifting heavy today. It's
actually a bit of a strain to slide the mouse. Ray
--
rmnsuk overall - 273/209/182

Good job. Keep it up. You are on a roll. {no, not that kind of roll}

"ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> end of another week. I managed 3 weights and 2 cardio, and been OP all week (except for a small
> slice of chocolate fudge cake last night). Down 2lbs to 207.
>
> Went to the gym yesterday to get some instruction on how to lift , and as a result I've got a
> major case of DOMS so I doubt I'll be lifting heavy today. It's actually a bit of a strain to
> slide the mouse.
>
> Ray
> --
> rmnsuk overall - 273/209/182

Congrats on the 2 down. Careful with that mouse! (G)

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:10:20 GMT, ray miller <[email protected]> wrote:

>end of another week. I managed 3 weights and 2 cardio, and been OP all week (except for a small
>slice of chocolate fudge cake last night). Down 2lbs to 207.
>
>Went to the gym yesterday to get some instruction on how to lift , and as a result I've got a
>major case of DOMS so I doubt I'll be lifting heavy today. It's actually a bit of a strain to
>slide the mouse.
>
>Ray

Great loss, Ray... and wonderful activity! Hope you feel better soon. :)

--

~Kristin O~
272/242.2/172

"ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> end of another week. I managed 3 weights and 2 cardio, and been OP all week (except for a small
> slice of chocolate fudge cake last night). Down 2lbs to 207.
>
> Went to the gym yesterday to get some instruction on how to lift , and as a result I've got a
> major case of DOMS so I doubt I'll be lifting heavy today. It's actually a bit of a strain to
> slide the mouse.
>
> Ray
> --
> rmnsuk overall - 273/209/182

Way to go, Ray! But what is DOMS ?
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
134/1.105/212 lbs "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> end of another week. I managed 3 weights and 2 cardio, and been OP all week (except for a small
> slice of chocolate fudge cake last night). Down 2lbs to 207.
>
> Went to the gym yesterday to get some instruction on how to lift , and as a result I've got a
> major case of DOMS so I doubt I'll be lifting heavy today. It's actually a bit of a strain to
> slide the mouse.
>
> Ray
> --
> rmnsuk overall - 273/209/182

Congratulations on the loss Ray.
--
Brenda
209/178/150 RafL goal 165

"ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> end of another week. I managed 3 weights and 2 cardio, and been OP all week (except for a small
> slice of chocolate fudge cake last night). Down 2lbs to 207.
>
> Went to the gym yesterday to get some instruction on how to lift , and as a result I've got a
> major case of DOMS so I doubt I'll be lifting heavy today. It's actually a bit of a strain to
> slide the mouse.
>
> Ray
> --
> rmnsuk overall - 273/209/182

well done on the loss Ray - and don't worry, the gym will still be there another day, so
happy healing!

--
krys

UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but making
progress. "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> end of another week. I managed 3 weights and 2 cardio, and been OP all week (except for a small
> slice of chocolate fudge cake last night). Down 2lbs to 207.
>
> Went to the gym yesterday to get some instruction on how to lift , and as a result I've got a
> major case of DOMS so I doubt I'll be lifting heavy today. It's actually a bit of a strain to
> slide the mouse.
>
> Ray
> --
> rmnsuk overall - 273/209/182

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 23:07:38 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Way to go, Ray! But what is DOMS ?

Delayed onset muscle soreness.

Its the pain you get the day after doing a different exercise. Have you ever gone skating in the
park and not been able to get up and walk properly the next day?

Ray
--
rmnsuk overall - 273/207/182

Thanks for clearing that up, Ray. I, too, didn't exactly know what that
acronym stood for. Thank you, Nathalie, for asking! :)

--

~Kristin O~
272/242.2/172

"ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 23:07:38 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Way to go, Ray! But what is DOMS ?
>
> Delayed onset muscle soreness.
>
> Its the pain you get the day after doing a different exercise. Have you ever gone skating in the
> park and not been able to get up and walk properly the next day?
>
> Ray
> --
> rmnsuk overall - 273/207/182

Ah, yes, curbs have sometimes been 6 feet high after a strenuous DOWNHILL hike - the thighs get
hammered pounding down a trail braking the speed. Barely being able to walk the stairs or get down
curbs - it can be entertaining in a perverse kind of way (g)

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 22:28:39 GMT, ray miller <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 23:07:38 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Way to go, Ray! But what is DOMS ?
>
>Delayed onset muscle soreness.
>
>Its the pain you get the day after doing a different exercise. Have you ever gone skating in the
>park and not been able to get up and walk properly the next day?
>
>Ray

Ah OK, that makes sense. After I went mountainbiking in Cuba last holiday, my b*tt knew exactly what
you meant!