RailBikes

[email protected] (Perry B) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> [email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
> > Some folks post here much better than others. I think Tom and I are at the top of the list. That
> > is most likely because we take some pains with our posts to make sure they are correct and look
> > right.
>
> That just shows that you're as anal as Tom. Of course, the difference between you and Tom is, I
> believe, Tom recognizes how anal he is and he seems to enjoy it, whereas you confuse being anal as
> perfection. In fact, you're so anal that you ALWAYS have to get the last word in.
>
> You still don't have a clue!
>
> Perry B - Minnesota

Wow! Two posts in a row from this other nut who also resides in wonderful Minnesota, otherwise known
as the icebox of the nation. Was one a forethought and the other an afterthought? I mean, can you
chew gum and walk at the same time?

There is nothing anal about posting properly. It indicates respect for your readers. Those who post
improperly are slobs or ignoramuses or invariably both. In short, they are a mess! For an example, I
give you one of the biggest slobs I have ever yet encountered here on ARBR, some guy who goes by the
moniker of "Sticker Jim" - a true work of art! Read his posts and weep!

Normally I do not waste my time on them concerning the subject of proper posting, but when the
subject is brought up by others, then I feel it is my duty to weigh in and give everyone here the
benefit of my superior intelligence. I know that Mr. Sherman thinks the same way I do about all of
this, but he is too polite to call a spade a spade. Since I don't care what any here on this
newsgroup thinks of me, I tell one and all EXACTLY what I think and feel about things at all times.
Why should I pull my punches just because I am dealing with idiots.

About the "last word" thing you mention, I will always respond to any of my many correspondents
because I respect them for the time and effort they have taken out of their busy lives to say
something to me even though I may regard them as idiots. Even idiots deserve respect! I mean, after
all, they are human beings aren't they?

Well, you still haven't learned how to read me. Did you familiarize yourself yet with the concept of
self parody like I recommended. Until you do, you will continue to misread me.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Always and Forever Clueless in Minnesota!

In rec.bicycles.misc Edward Dolan <[email protected]> wrote:
> And sign your name to your posts too so that the rest of us can distinguish one jackass from
> another.

wtf are you talking about? i have always signed my name to my posts.
--
david reuteler reuteler at visi dot com

"William Higley, Sr." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> I'm really curious about bottom posters. Do they empty their trash from one receptacle into
> another so the oldest garbage will be on top.
>
> I view the messages as disposable. Once I have read them they go into the heap. The old garbage is
> at the bottom. IF, I have thrown out something of value, then I will dig through the refuse to
> recover it.

You are not too far from wrong William as most of what gets said here on ARBR is garbage from the
get go. It would be best never to read 90% of what gets posted on this newsgroup and to immediately
consign it to the trash can. Nevertheless, I think equating written messages with garbage disposal
is not quite the same thing.

But I appreciate your efforts to enlighten us in these matters and I will take your notion under
contemplation and see if I can make any sense out of it. Hmmm! Garbage - speech; speech - garbage.
Who knows, there may a pearl of wisdom in what you say!

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

> Top posting is inexcusable!
>
> Tom Sherman - Quad Cities (Illinois Side)

In reviewing this thread I have just realized with a shock that there is another newsgroup to which
this thread was being posted: rec. bicycles. misc. That slipped by me. I do not like to post to
anyone other than the denizens here on ARBR. Where the devil did that other newsgroup come from? I
will have to watch these things more carefully in the future as I only want to reserve my venom for
ARBR. Like any good rattlesnake, I only have so much poison to go around. I cannot be dispensing it
to other newsgroups who will not know how to appreciate
it.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

PS. Glad to see that you are back to your original signature. You can't improve on perfection I
always say.

David Reuteler <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> In rec.bicycles.misc Edward Dolan <[email protected]> wrote:

> > And sign your name to your posts too so that the rest of us can distinguish one jackass from
> > another.
>
> wtf are you talking about? i have always signed my name to my posts.

If you wish to converse with me further I can only be found on ARBR. I do not want to
crosspost to RBM.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

David Reuteler <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> In rec.bicycles.misc Edward Dolan <[email protected]> wrote:

> > And sign your name to your posts too so that the rest of us can distinguish one jackass from
> > another.
>
> wtf are you talking about? i have always signed my name to my posts.

Wow! Neat trick. How did you get your signature to disappear like that I wonder? You are apparently
some kind of wizard from RBM. I think it would be neat if I could do that with all my cuss words
that I use on all the idiots here on ARBR. Then when they open my message to respond, all the cuss
words would just disappear, thus taking the raison d'etre for their riposte away from them. The ways
of the computer are mysterious indeed!

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

[email protected] (Perry B) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> [email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote in message
>
> > If I left this newsgroup....Only the fools and idiots would remain here for that kind of
> > discussion.
>
> Maybe, but at least we would be rid of one of the "fool and idiots."
>
> You still don't have a clue!
>
> Perry B - Minnesota

A really bad job of editing my post Perry. And all to make a very small point of demonstrating your
lack of wit. I myself do not have the requisite intelligence to attempt any wit. Wit should only be
attempted by that upper 1% of the population who are capable of it. That let's you out.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Forever Clueless in Minnesota!

In rec.bicycles.misc Edward Dolan <[email protected]> wrote:
> David Reuteler <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>> In rec.bicycles.misc Edward Dolan <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> > And sign your name to your posts too so that the rest of us can distinguish one jackass from
>> > another.
>>
>> wtf are you talking about? i have always signed my name to my posts.
>
> If you wish to converse with me further I can only be found on ARBR. I do not want to
> crosspost to RBM.

jeez, ed, you could easily have admitted you were wrong in the amount of time it took you to post
that deflection.

anyway .. i'm a minnesotan as well. you appear to be from the southwest part of the state so
probably i won't see you on the roads (i'm from south minneapolis proper).
--
david reuteler reuteler at visi dot com

David Reuteler <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> In rec.bicycles.misc Edward Dolan <[email protected]> wrote:
[...]
> > If you wish to converse with me further I can only be found on ARBR. I do not want to crosspost
> > to RBM.
>
> jeez, ed, you could easily have admitted you were wrong in the amount of time it took you to post
> that deflection.

What? Me wrong? Perish the thought! But if and when I am wrong about anything I do not mind
admitting it. Hells bells, everyone is wrong about something or another at one time or another. And
some of us are wrong about most things most of the time. So what else is new?

> anyway .. i'm a minnesotan as well. you appear to be from the southwest part of the state so
> probably i won't see you on the roads (i'm from south minneapolis proper).

I did the Iron Man ride several years ago. It was so darn windy that day that I did not enjoy it
much. I do not get up to the Twin Cities much anymore. I rather like it down here in SW Minnesota.
The county blacktops never have any traffic on them and that makes for enjoyable cycling. Frankly,
there is just too much traffic and congestion near the Twin Cities to suit me. I like wide open
empty spaces for cycling. That is probably why the North Dakota ride (CANDISC) is just about my
favorite week long group tour.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

In rec.bicycles.misc Edward Dolan <[email protected]> wrote:
> And sign your name to your posts too so that the rest of us can distinguish one jackass from
> another.

David Reuteler wrote
> wtf are you talking about? i have always signed my name to my posts.

Edward Dolan <[email protected]> wrote:
: Wow! Neat trick. How did you get your signature to disappear like that I wonder? You are
: apparently some kind of wizard from RBM. I think it would be neat if I could do that with all my
: cuss words that I use on all the idiots here on ARBR. Then when they open my message to respond,
: all the cuss words would just disappear, thus taking the raison d'etre for their riposte away from
: them. The ways of the computer are mysterious indeed!

actually, it's likely your usenet client that's deleting the signature. by convention signatures are
appended to messages starting with the line '-- ' (note the trailing space) to identify them. your
client is probably taking the liberty of deleting identifiable signatures for you.

on this message i deleted the trailing space from before my sig (my client, tin under unix, will
complain about that) .. i'd wager if you reply to this my sig shows up. that you never noticed it
before is indicative of how many people are posting with wintel **** that ignores internet
tradition. or maybe your client just changed behaviour.
--
david reuteler
[email protected]

3 Mar 2004 15:58:32 -0800,
<[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote:
>Come on over to ARBR where I have commented on your disappearing signature.

I don't hear you saying anything about your disappearing posts though.

> It takes years to understand me and my posts.

uhh, no thanks.
--
zk

Edward Dolan wrote:

> In reviewing this thread I have just realized with a shock that there is another newsgroup to
> which this thread was being posted: rec. bicycles. misc. That slipped by me. I do not like to post
> to anyone other than the denizens here on ARBR. Where the devil did that other newsgroup come
> from?...

Mr. Dolan,

Professor Patterson cross-posted one of his replies to both alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent and
rec.bicycles.misc.

The content of your previous posts implied that you were not aware of the thread being cross-posted
- I was wondering when you would notice. It was obvious to me, since all the "foreign" contributors
are regulars on rec.bicycles.misc and/or rec.bicycles.tech.

David Reuteler <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Edward Dolan <[email protected]> wrote:

> : Wow! Neat trick. How did you get your signature to disappear like that I wonder? You are
> : apparently some kind of wizard from RBM. [...]

> actually, it's likely your usenet client that's deleting the signature. by convention signatures
> are appended to messages starting with the line '-- ' (note the trailing space) to identify them.
> your client is probably taking the liberty of deleting identifiable signatures for you.
>
> on this message i deleted the trailing space from before my sig (my client, tin under unix, will
> complain about that) .. i'd wager if you reply to this my sig shows up. that you never noticed it
> before is indicative of how many people are posting with wintel **** that ignores internet
> tradition. or maybe your client just changed behaviour.

Nope, your signature magically disappeared yet once again. I don't think too many on this newsgroup
are using your lines '-- '. We are signing our names (those of us who do so) the same way as if we
were writing letters to one another. Frankly, I have no interest at all in the esoterica of Internet
tradition, but I have only been around computers for the past year. You no doubt have many years
experience and go way back. I only know Windows Home XP and I do not use a newsreader.

For the longest period of time I could not figure out why people were not getting my email in the
font in which I sent them. Finally someone sat me down and explained to me that what I see on my
computer is not necessarily what someone else sees on their computer. Well, we are all of us
ignorant, only on different subjects.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Zoot Katz <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> 3 Mar 2004 15:58:32 -0800, <[email protected]>,

> [email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote:

> >Come on over to ARBR where I have commented on your disappearing signature.
>
> I don't hear you saying anything about your disappearing posts though.

My posts will most likely disappear the moment others stop responding to them. I think there are at
least a couple of dozen regulars here who have already kill filed me, but there seem to be always
new recruits to take their places. The bottom line is that there is no rest for the wicked. I will
carry on until I have exhausted the patience of literally everyone.

> > It takes years to understand me and my posts.
>
> uhh, no thanks.

LOL!

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>
> > In reviewing this thread I have just realized with a shock that there is another newsgroup to
> > which this thread was being posted: rec. bicycles. misc. That slipped by me. I do not like to
> > post to anyone other than the denizens here on ARBR. Where the devil did that other newsgroup
> > come from?...
>
> Mr. Dolan,
>
> Professor Patterson cross-posted one of his replies to both alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent and
> rec.bicycles.misc.
>
> The content of your previous posts implied that you were not aware of the thread being cross-
> posted - I was wondering when you would notice. It was obvious to me, since all the "foreign"
> contributors are regulars on rec.bicycles.misc and/or rec.bicycles.tech.
>
> Tom Sherman - Quad Cities (Illinois Side)

Yes, I am comfortable lambasting everyone here on ARBR whereas I feel shy about doing it with others
who do not know me. From now on I am going to check rather carefully which group I am posting to.
Everyone here on ARBR knows what to expect from me by now, but I would not want to come across to
strangers on another group as the bombastically crude SOB that I really am NOT although it may seem
that way at times. We here on ARBR know of course that I am really a good fellow and mean well even
though I do get carried away every now and then.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota