Raining in Santa Rosa now

SLAVE of THE STATE

Guest
There is a nice cold winter California rain for the riders today. The
descent down Trinity ought to be interesting. The descent down to
Oakville is faster but not as technical.

We've had a lot of rain this winter, so a lot of the oil should be
washed off -- that is good.

"SLAVE of THE STATE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> There is a nice cold winter California rain for the riders today. The
> descent down Trinity ought to be interesting. The descent down to
> Oakville is faster but not as technical.
>
> We've had a lot of rain this winter, so a lot of the oil should be
> washed off -- that is good.

There are light showers in San Leandro right now but unless it gets a lot
worse this wouldn't even coat a riders glasses since his body heat would
evaporate it faster than it's coming down.

"SLAVE of THE STATE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> There is a nice cold winter California rain for the riders today. The
> descent down Trinity ought to be interesting. The descent down to
> Oakville is faster but not as technical.
>
> We've had a lot of rain this winter, so a lot of the oil should be
> washed off -- that is good.

I left for my usual Tuesday/Thursday morning ride at 7:30am and it was
pretty nice out. By 8:10 or so we're partway up Kings Mtn and beginning to
get a few drops now & then, nothing major. By the time we get to the stop
it's quite wet, and the run along Skyline found it getting progressively
wetter and colder... and we had the wrong bikes & clothing for wet.

It feels like this one is coming in from the north, so it's likely to be
raining the entire race. Hopefully the weather reports are accurate and it
will be reasonably dry tomorrow over Mt. Hamilton.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

In article <[email protected]>, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com>
wrote:

> "SLAVE of THE STATE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > There is a nice cold winter California rain for the riders today. The
> > descent down Trinity ought to be interesting. The descent down to
> > Oakville is faster but not as technical.
> >
> > We've had a lot of rain this winter, so a lot of the oil should be
> > washed off -- that is good.

> There are light showers in San Leandro right now but unless it gets a lot
> worse this wouldn't even coat a riders glasses since his body heat would
> evaporate it faster than it's coming down.

It's generally wetter in Sonoma County than down in San Leandro, so you really
can't judge based on what it's doing where you are.

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to