raising handlebars on TrekFX 7300

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by ptlwp, Nov 30, 2005.

1. ptlwp

ptlwp New Member

I have had this bike adjusted perfectly and feels great now; except for that due to a back condition, I would be more comfortable with the handlebars raised up a couple of inches or so.

My shop told me that it could be done but because the stem isn't adjustable, it would cost about sixty bucks.

I said I would try to ride it as is but it does make my outings less enjoyable to some extent.

Maybe I should go for a new raised handlebar?

What say ya'll?

Tags:

2. Scotty_Dog

Scotty_Dog New Member

Are you sure it's not adjustable? After doing a quick search, the 7300 showed up on multiple sites as having an adjustable stem.

3. ptlwp

ptlwp New Member

The gent at the LBS said it was raised as high as it could be; it has a fixed stem or something.

4. moparchris

moparchris New Member

you could change the stem, get bigger rise handlebars, get a steerer tube extension (guy at your LBS should know what that is, also im assuming it has a 1 1/8" ahead type steerer) though the extensions arent really meant for any rough use, not the ones ive seen and installed anyway.

5. Scotty_Dog

Scotty_Dog New Member

My apologies, it appears that the 7300 has an adjustable stem, whereas the 7300 FX does not. As moparchris pointed out, there are several other options available, all of which will require a new part purchase.

6. ptlwp

ptlwp New Member

I think I shall wait 'til spring and decide then. For $60.00 or so it pays to be comfortable.

Thanx