raising handlebars on TrekFX 7300



ptlwp

New Member
Oct 6, 2005
544
0
0
I have had this bike adjusted perfectly and feels great now; except for that due to a back condition, I would be more comfortable with the handlebars raised up a couple of inches or so.

My shop told me that it could be done but because the stem isn't adjustable, it would cost about sixty bucks.

I said I would try to ride it as is but it does make my outings less enjoyable to some extent.

Maybe I should go for a new raised handlebar?

What say ya'll?
 

Scotty_Dog

Member
Jul 30, 2004
1,107
6
38
52
ptlwp said:
My shop told me that it could be done but because the stem isn't adjustable, it would cost about sixty bucks.
Are you sure it's not adjustable? After doing a quick search, the 7300 showed up on multiple sites as having an adjustable stem.
 

ptlwp

New Member
Oct 6, 2005
544
0
0
Scotty_Dog said:
Are you sure it's not adjustable? After doing a quick search, the 7300 showed up on multiple sites as having an adjustable stem.
The gent at the LBS said it was raised as high as it could be; it has a fixed stem or something.
 

moparchris

New Member
Apr 13, 2004
297
0
0
36
ptlwp said:
The gent at the LBS said it was raised as high as it could be; it has a fixed stem or something.
you could change the stem, get bigger rise handlebars, get a steerer tube extension (guy at your LBS should know what that is, also im assuming it has a 1 1/8" ahead type steerer) though the extensions arent really meant for any rough use, not the ones ive seen and installed anyway.
 

Scotty_Dog

Member
Jul 30, 2004
1,107
6
38
52
My apologies, it appears that the 7300 has an adjustable stem, whereas the 7300 FX does not. As moparchris pointed out, there are several other options available, all of which will require a new part purchase.
 

ptlwp

New Member
Oct 6, 2005
544
0
0
Scotty_Dog said:
My apologies, it appears that the 7300 has an adjustable stem, whereas the 7300 FX does not. As moparchris pointed out, there are several other options available, all of which will require a new part purchase.

I think I shall wait 'til spring and decide then. For $60.00 or so it pays to be comfortable.

Thanx