raising handlebars on TrekFX 7300

ptlwp

Oct 6, 2005
I have had this bike adjusted perfectly and feels great now; except for that due to a back condition, I would be more comfortable with the handlebars raised up a couple of inches or so.

My shop told me that it could be done but because the stem isn't adjustable, it would cost about sixty bucks.

I said I would try to ride it as is but it does make my outings less enjoyable to some extent.

Maybe I should go for a new raised handlebar?

What say ya'll?

Scotty_Dog

Jul 30, 2004
ptlwp said:
My shop told me that it could be done but because the stem isn't adjustable, it would cost about sixty bucks.
Are you sure it's not adjustable? After doing a quick search, the 7300 showed up on multiple sites as having an adjustable stem.

ptlwp

Oct 6, 2005
Scotty_Dog said:
Are you sure it's not adjustable? After doing a quick search, the 7300 showed up on multiple sites as having an adjustable stem.
The gent at the LBS said it was raised as high as it could be; it has a fixed stem or something.

moparchris

Apr 13, 2004
ptlwp said:
The gent at the LBS said it was raised as high as it could be; it has a fixed stem or something.
you could change the stem, get bigger rise handlebars, get a steerer tube extension (guy at your LBS should know what that is, also im assuming it has a 1 1/8" ahead type steerer) though the extensions arent really meant for any rough use, not the ones ive seen and installed anyway.

Scotty_Dog

Jul 30, 2004
My apologies, it appears that the 7300 has an adjustable stem, whereas the 7300 FX does not. As moparchris pointed out, there are several other options available, all of which will require a new part purchase.

ptlwp

Oct 6, 2005
Scotty_Dog said:
My apologies, it appears that the 7300 has an adjustable stem, whereas the 7300 FX does not. As moparchris pointed out, there are several other options available, all of which will require a new part purchase.

I think I shall wait 'til spring and decide then. For $60.00 or so it pays to be comfortable.

Thanx