Raising nose of seat on V-Rex

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Kelly, Feb 6, 2003.

  1. Kelly

    Kelly Guest

    I always feels like I'm sliding forward on my V-Rex seat. Anyone have a good suggestion for raising
    the front of the seat with out tilting the seat back farther.

    Thanks, Kelly.

    Tags:

  2. Jim H

    Jim H Guest

    I wouldn't try to bend the seat frame. On my V-Rex (which is pretty old) the fiberglass seat pan is
    riveted to the seat frame. I suppose one could drill out those rivets, put some sort of shim between
    pan and frame, and bolt or rivet it the pan onto the frame again.

    "Kelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I always feels like I'm sliding forward on my V-Rex seat. Anyone have a good suggestion for
    > raising the front of the seat with out tilting the seat back farther.
    >
    > Thanks, Kelly.

  3. Tom Blum

    Tom Blum Guest

    I read here that if you feel you are sliding off the front of the seat, your pedals are too far from
    you. maybe a seat adjustment is in order???

    Tom

  4. Caravan

    Caravan Guest

    Kelly,

    I use a small square of "rubberized" shelf liner as a non-slip pad on my V-Rex seat. Put the "doily"
    on the seat and sit on it. Works fine. Make two and keep a spare. You'll lose one in the middle of a
    ride if you are as absent-minded as me!

    Gene Tampa, FL RANS V-Rex RANS Tailwind