Raisins

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Rodders, Jan 15, 2005.

  1. Rodders

    Rodders Guest

    Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
    or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?

    Thanks

    Rory

    Tags:

  2. Carmen

    Carmen Guest

    Hi Rory,
    On 15-Jan-2005, "Rodders" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take
    > raisins or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed
    > any
    > light?

    Welcome. :) Raisins are lowfat, but high sugar, so if your wife
    wants to low carb she'd have to avoid them.
    Is your wife following any particular plan or going her own path?
    What are her goals, and how far from them is she at present (I'm
    including health goals here, like blood sugar control if she's
    diabetic, etc.).

    Take care,
    Carmen
    --
    Please note change in Reply To address carmensrt <at> gmail <dot> com
    Hotmail isn't working and is being abandoned

  3. LCer09

    LCer09 Guest

    >Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
    >or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?

    Rasins are dried grapes, grapes are not allowed. The sugar content is far too
    high. The allowed foods are listed in the book if she has any other questions

    LCing since 12/01/03-
    Me- 5'7" 265/159/140
    & hubby- 6' 310/188/180
    http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lcer09/my_photos

  4. Carmen

    Carmen Guest

    Hi,
    If you have any doubt about a particular food in the future this is an
    excellent site to research on:

    http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

    Thanks to the Queen for bringing it up elsewhere - I'd forgotten about
    it. :)

    Take care,
    Carmen
    --
    Please note change in Reply To address carmensrt <at> gmail <dot> com
    Hotmail isn't working and is being abandoned

  5. Bev-Ann

    Bev-Ann Guest

    She might have to avoid them on Atkins, but they'd be allowed on other
    plans. One small box is only 10.5g net carbs so would be OK once in
    maintenance.

    on Sat, 15 Jan 2005 17:59:15 GMT, "Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Welcome. :) Raisins are lowfat, but high sugar, so if your wife
    >wants to low carb she'd have to avoid them.
    >Is your wife following any particular plan or going her own path?
    >What are her goals, and how far from them is she at present (I'm
    >including health goals here, like blood sugar control if she's
    >diabetic, etc.).

    -----
    Bev

  6. DJ Delorie

    DJ Delorie Guest

  7. Wayne Rust

    Wayne Rust Guest

    There is a (somewhat incomplete) carb counter on Atkins.com.

    "Rodders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take

    raisins
    > or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rory

  8. Jim Bard

    Jim Bard Guest

    "Rodders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take
    > raisins
    > or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rory

    Raisins, or any other food that contains sugar or starch should be avoided
    during induction. Later on, they are allowed in limited quantities.

    It's not about telling anyone what they can or cannot do. It's about
    helping people find the best level of health for them.

  9. Rodders

    Rodders Guest

    Rodders wrote:
    > Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take
    > raisins or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed
    > any light?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rory

    Thanks for all the replies, thats cleared it up.

    Rory

  10. diane

    diane Guest

    now that that's settled- I wish there was a substitute for raisins.

    --
    Diane

    "Rodders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Rodders wrote:
    >> Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take
    >> raisins or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed
    >> any light?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Rory

    > Thanks for all the replies, thats cleared it up.
    >
    > Rory

  11. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Rodders wrote:
    > Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
    > or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rory

    No raisins, no way!

  12. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Rodders wrote:
    > Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
    > or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rory

    No raisins, no way!

  13. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Rodders wrote:
    > Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
    > or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rory

    No raisins, no way!

  14. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Rodders wrote:
    > Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
    > or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rory

    No raisins, no way!

  15. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Rodders wrote:
    > Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
    > or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rory

    No raisins, no way!

  16. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Rodders wrote:
    > Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
    > or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rory

    No raisins, no way!

  17. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Rodders wrote:
    > Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
    > or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rory

    No raisins, no way!

  18. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Rodders wrote:
    > Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
    > or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rory

    No raisins, no way!

  19. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Rodders wrote:
    > Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
    > or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rory

    No raisins, no way!

  20. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Rodders wrote:
    > Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
    > or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rory

    No raisins, no way!