Raisins

Rodders

Guest
Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks

Rory

Hi Rory,
On 15-Jan-2005, "Rodders" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take
> raisins or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed
> any
> light?

Welcome. :) Raisins are lowfat, but high sugar, so if your wife
wants to low carb she'd have to avoid them.
Is your wife following any particular plan or going her own path?
What are her goals, and how far from them is she at present (I'm
including health goals here, like blood sugar control if she's
diabetic, etc.).

Take care,
Carmen
--
Please note change in Reply To address carmensrt <at> gmail <dot> com
Hotmail isn't working and is being abandoned

>Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
>or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?

Rasins are dried grapes, grapes are not allowed. The sugar content is far too
high. The allowed foods are listed in the book if she has any other questions

LCing since 12/01/03-
Me- 5'7" 265/159/140
& hubby- 6' 310/188/180
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lcer09/my_photos

Hi,
If you have any doubt about a particular food in the future this is an
excellent site to research on:

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

Thanks to the Queen for bringing it up elsewhere - I'd forgotten about
it. :)

Take care,
Carmen
--
Please note change in Reply To address carmensrt <at> gmail <dot> com
Hotmail isn't working and is being abandoned

She might have to avoid them on Atkins, but they'd be allowed on other
plans. One small box is only 10.5g net carbs so would be OK once in
maintenance.

on Sat, 15 Jan 2005 17:59:15 GMT, "Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Welcome. :) Raisins are lowfat, but high sugar, so if your wife
>wants to low carb she'd have to avoid them.
>Is your wife following any particular plan or going her own path?
>What are her goals, and how far from them is she at present (I'm
>including health goals here, like blood sugar control if she's
>diabetic, etc.).

-----
Bev

There is a (somewhat incomplete) carb counter on Atkins.com.

"Rodders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take

raisins
> or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rory

"Rodders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take
> raisins
> or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rory

Raisins, or any other food that contains sugar or starch should be avoided
during induction. Later on, they are allowed in limited quantities.

It's not about telling anyone what they can or cannot do. It's about
helping people find the best level of health for them.

Rodders wrote:
> Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take
> raisins or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed
> any light?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rory

Thanks for all the replies, thats cleared it up.

Rory

now that that's settled- I wish there was a substitute for raisins.

--
Diane

Rodders wrote:
> Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
> or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rory

No raisins, no way!

Rodders wrote:
> Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
> or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rory

No raisins, no way!

Rodders wrote:
> Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
> or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rory

No raisins, no way!

Rodders wrote:
> Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
> or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rory

No raisins, no way!

Rodders wrote:
> Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
> or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rory

No raisins, no way!

Rodders wrote:
> Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
> or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rory

No raisins, no way!

Rodders wrote:
> Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
> or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rory

No raisins, no way!

Rodders wrote:
> Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
> or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rory

No raisins, no way!

Rodders wrote:
> Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
> or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rory

No raisins, no way!

Rodders wrote:
> Hi my wife has started the Atkins diet and is unsure if she can take raisins
> or not. I did a Google but the answers vary. Can anyone shed any light?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rory

No raisins, no way!