Raleigh 501 23" frame

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Bob Flemming, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Flemming

Bob Flemming Guest

I picked up a bike today at the auction: just a standard Raleigh 23" 501 frame, shifters on down
    tube, 6 block on back etc...

I got it for the wheels, which are q-release 700, to replace either the 27" wheels on my Schwin or
    my bodged up mtb/tourer...so I'm keeping the wheels...and probably the brakes too.

Point is, this bike is quite a nice bike, although obviously dated, it's nice and light and handles
    real well.

It seems a shame to dump it but living only in a one-bedroon flat with no garage or out building, I
    just don't have the space to store anything, so it will have to go.

I doubt anytbody does, but if anybody does want this frame for nowt then just email me....I'm based
    in Chesham, Bucks, near Watford.

cheers bob

[email protected]

Tags:

2. Call Me Bob

Call Me Bob Guest

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 21:28:13 +0000, Bob Flemming <[email protected]> wrote:

>It seems a shame to dump it but living only in a one-bedroon flat with no garage or out building, I
    >just don't have the space to store anything, so it will have to go.
    >
    >I doubt anytbody does, but if anybody does want this frame for nowt then just email me....I'm based
    >in Chesham, Bucks, near Watford.

Quite right, shame to see it go to waste. If I were closer to you I'd take it like a shot, would
    probably be perfect for converting cheaply into a fixer for me to play with.

Perhaps if you get no takers from here, you could see if there's a local CTC group or cycling club
    that you could email?

Bob
    --
    Mail address is spam trapped To reply by email remove the beverage

3. Bob Flemming

Bob Flemming Guest

Opps...guess i should have given this a closer inspection before posting this message, but this
    frame is a no-goer, on closer inspection it has a slight split in the frame, so it's taken it's rest
    with the other 'bikes in the sky'.

Sorry about wasting bandwidth!!

bob

>
    >I picked up a bike today at the auction: just a standard Raleigh 23" 501 frame, shifters on down
    >tube, 6 block on back etc...
    >
    >I got it for the wheels, which are q-release 700, to replace either the 27" wheels on my Schwin or
    >my bodged up mtb/tourer...so I'm keeping the wheels...and probably the brakes too.
    >
    >Point is, this bike is quite a nice bike, although obviously dated, it's nice and light and handles
    >real well.
    >
    >It seems a shame to dump it but living only in a one-bedroon flat with no garage or out building, I
    >just don't have the space to store anything, so it will have to go.
    >
    >I doubt anytbody does, but if anybody does want this frame for nowt then just email me....I'm based
    >in Chesham, Bucks, near Watford.
    >
    >cheers bob
    >
    >[email protected]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.