Raleigh 501 23" frame

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Bob Flemming, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Bob Flemming

    Bob Flemming Guest

    I picked up a bike today at the auction: just a standard Raleigh 23" 501 frame, shifters on down
    tube, 6 block on back etc...

    I got it for the wheels, which are q-release 700, to replace either the 27" wheels on my Schwin or
    my bodged up mtb/tourer...so I'm keeping the wheels...and probably the brakes too.

    Point is, this bike is quite a nice bike, although obviously dated, it's nice and light and handles
    real well.

    It seems a shame to dump it but living only in a one-bedroon flat with no garage or out building, I
    just don't have the space to store anything, so it will have to go.

    I doubt anytbody does, but if anybody does want this frame for nowt then just email me....I'm based
    in Chesham, Bucks, near Watford.

    cheers bob

    [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 21:28:13 +0000, Bob Flemming <[email protected]> wrote:

    >It seems a shame to dump it but living only in a one-bedroon flat with no garage or out building, I
    >just don't have the space to store anything, so it will have to go.
    >
    >I doubt anytbody does, but if anybody does want this frame for nowt then just email me....I'm based
    >in Chesham, Bucks, near Watford.

    Quite right, shame to see it go to waste. If I were closer to you I'd take it like a shot, would
    probably be perfect for converting cheaply into a fixer for me to play with.

    Perhaps if you get no takers from here, you could see if there's a local CTC group or cycling club
    that you could email?

    Bob

  3. Bob Flemming

    Bob Flemming Guest

    Opps...guess i should have given this a closer inspection before posting this message, but this
    frame is a no-goer, on closer inspection it has a slight split in the frame, so it's taken it's rest
    with the other 'bikes in the sky'.

    Sorry about wasting bandwidth!!

    bob