Raleigh 501 23" frame

Bob Flemming

Guest
I picked up a bike today at the auction: just a standard Raleigh 23" 501 frame, shifters on down
tube, 6 block on back etc...

I got it for the wheels, which are q-release 700, to replace either the 27" wheels on my Schwin or
my bodged up mtb/tourer...so I'm keeping the wheels...and probably the brakes too.

Point is, this bike is quite a nice bike, although obviously dated, it's nice and light and handles
real well.

It seems a shame to dump it but living only in a one-bedroon flat with no garage or out building, I
just don't have the space to store anything, so it will have to go.

I doubt anytbody does, but if anybody does want this frame for nowt then just email me....I'm based
in Chesham, Bucks, near Watford.

cheers bob

[email protected]

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 21:28:13 +0000, Bob Flemming <[email protected]> wrote:

>It seems a shame to dump it but living only in a one-bedroon flat with no garage or out building, I
>just don't have the space to store anything, so it will have to go.
>
>I doubt anytbody does, but if anybody does want this frame for nowt then just email me....I'm based
>in Chesham, Bucks, near Watford.

Quite right, shame to see it go to waste. If I were closer to you I'd take it like a shot, would
probably be perfect for converting cheaply into a fixer for me to play with.

Perhaps if you get no takers from here, you could see if there's a local CTC group or cycling club
that you could email?

Bob

Opps...guess i should have given this a closer inspection before posting this message, but this
frame is a no-goer, on closer inspection it has a slight split in the frame, so it's taken it's rest
with the other 'bikes in the sky'.

Sorry about wasting bandwidth!!

bob