Raleigh-Carlton Owners - I need one decal photo!

still me

Guest
Can some helpful soul who owns a 70's Raleigh with this decal Raleigh
(Carlton) seat tube decal:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/wheeledbob/photo/

.... photograph it in a large size and email it to me? You can use the
email in this post.

it doesn't have to be a perfect photo, just large enough to see the
detail. Gold on black preferred but I'll take any color combo if you
don't have that.

Michael Swantak at Velographics has those decals.

http://home.comcast.net/~velographic/VGengland.htm

I used them to restore my raleigh international bikes and next to an
original decal, his version of the decal is nearly perfect. i emailed
him and he says his new ones are borderless so it will be 100%
perfect. Coloration and line weighting on his decal are perfect.

I have several mid-rez photographs (50x200 dots) of that decal in my
raleigh decal archive, i'll be sending you a photo in about 60
seconds.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA

On 7 Jun 2007 20:15:40 -0700, [email protected] (Donald Gillies)
wrote:

>Michael Swantak at Velographics has those decals.
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~velographic/VGengland.htm
>
>I used them to restore my raleigh international bikes and next to an
>original decal, his version of the decal is nearly perfect. i emailed
>him and he says his new ones are borderless so it will be 100%
>perfect. Coloration and line weighting on his decal are perfect.
>
>I have several mid-rez photographs (50x200 dots) of that decal in my
>raleigh decal archive, i'll be sending you a photo in about 60
>seconds.

Thanks on both counts Don. That's a great site. I'm sure I'll be
ordering from him. I've been trying to find some of the elegant '72
script Raleigh decals for a long time... looks like he's got them. I
repainted a '72 in'75 or so, and even then the script was not
available from Raleigh, only the somewhat fuglier block letters.

Bob