Raleigh Jirra opinions wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jack

Does anyone have any views on the Raleigh Jirra? I know that the front forks aren't up to much, but
how is the rest of the bike? Good for a newbie mountain biker going out for the odd weekend ride?
Thanks in advance

"jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone have any views on the Raleigh Jirra? I know that the front forks aren't up to much,
> but how is the rest of the bike? Good for a newbie mountain biker going out for the odd weekend
> ride? Thanks in advance

When it was new it was the best of anything in the same price range. Could be a bit heavy. My
suggestion for a newbie mountain biker would be a hardtail around the same price range. Components
and forks should be better, which would make it lighter too.

Cheers Michael

"Michael Kent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Does anyone have any views on the Raleigh Jirra? I know that the front forks aren't up to much,
> > but how is the rest of the bike? Good for a newbie mountain biker going out for the odd weekend
> > ride? Thanks in advance
>
> When it was new it was the best of anything in the same price range. Could be a bit heavy. My
> suggestion for a newbie mountain biker would be a hardtail around the same price range. Components
> and forks should be better, which would make it lighter too.
>
> Cheers Michael

Thanks for the tips. In the end the combination of your reassurance and a great price convinced me
the Jirra was the way to go. Had a great ride in the hills yesterday so no regrets yet!

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.