Raleigh Jirra opinions wanted

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Jack, May 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack

Jack Guest

Does anyone have any views on the Raleigh Jirra? I know that the front forks aren't up to much, but
    how is the rest of the bike? Good for a newbie mountain biker going out for the odd weekend ride?
    Thanks in advance

Tags:

2. Michael Kent

Michael Kent Guest

"jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone have any views on the Raleigh Jirra? I know that the front forks aren't up to much,
    > but how is the rest of the bike? Good for a newbie mountain biker going out for the odd weekend
    > ride? Thanks in advance

When it was new it was the best of anything in the same price range. Could be a bit heavy. My
    suggestion for a newbie mountain biker would be a hardtail around the same price range. Components
    and forks should be better, which would make it lighter too.

Cheers Michael

3. Jack

Jack Guest

"Michael Kent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Does anyone have any views on the Raleigh Jirra? I know that the front forks aren't up to much,
    > > but how is the rest of the bike? Good for a newbie mountain biker going out for the odd weekend
    > > ride? Thanks in advance
    >
    > When it was new it was the best of anything in the same price range. Could be a bit heavy. My
    > suggestion for a newbie mountain biker would be a hardtail around the same price range. Components
    > and forks should be better, which would make it lighter too.
    >
    > Cheers Michael

Thanks for the tips. In the end the combination of your reassurance and a great price convinced me
    the Jirra was the way to go. Had a great ride in the hills yesterday so no regrets yet!

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.