Raleigh road bike advice

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by Jim, Oct 16, 2004.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Hello All,

    Why do I not see any Raleigh road bikes out there. I see many
    Cannondales, Treks, Specialized. I have an opportunity to get a really
    good priceon a Raleigh but a bit skeptical because I don't see any on
    the road. I am looking on the range of the Cannodale R5OO or R600 or
    Trek 1500. Is there a reason they are not out there. Any advice on the
    Raleigh brand would be greatly appreciated.

    Tags:

  2. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Jim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Why do I not see any Raleigh road bikes out there. I see many Cannondales,
    > Treks, Specialized. I have an opportunity to get a really good priceon a
    > Raleigh but a bit skeptical because I don't see any on the road. I am
    > looking on the range of the Cannodale R5OO or R600 or Trek 1500. Is there
    > a reason they are not out there. Any advice on the Raleigh brand would be
    > greatly appreciated.

    Before you can see Raleighs you have to have a Raleign dealer in the area.
    Presently the Raleigh dealerships are owned by Diamondback so you can get a
    Raleigh through them.

    However, Diamonback dealers generally sell a lot of moutain bikes and so
    don't have a lot of road bike customers and so don't stock Raleighs.

    Raleighs are therefore unsually good deals in most of these dealerships. The
    bikes themselves are VERY good. The top three levels are all good bikes. I
    especially like the Raleigh Pro that's made of steel.

  3. David Kerber

    David Kerber Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...

    > Hello All,
    >

    > Why do I not see any Raleigh road bikes out there. I see many
    > Cannondales, Treks, Specialized. I have an opportunity to get a really
    > good priceon a Raleigh but a bit skeptical because I don't see any on
    > the road. I am looking on the range of the Cannodale R5OO or R600 or
    > Trek 1500. Is there a reason they are not out there. Any advice on the
    > Raleigh brand would be greatly appreciated.

    I see Raleighs around here all the time. Not as many as the brands you
    mention, but definitely not rare.

    newsgroups if possible).