Raleigh SUB XS

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Damian Parker, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Hi All,

    Just been looking at bikes on a couple of websites and I like the look of the Raleigh SUB XS, anyone
    have any comments or have it already?

    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Peter Simons

    Peter Simons Guest

    Damian Parker wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Just been looking at bikes on a couple of websites and I like the look of the Raleigh SUB XS,
    > anyone have any comments or have it already?

    Looks good value for money. looks Ideal for a off the peg commuting/touring bike.

    Try in shop before you buy and see if its right for you.

    Peter

  3. Andy Dingley

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 09:48:11 +0100, Peter Simons <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Looks good value for money. looks Ideal for a off the peg commuting/touring bike.

    What's "body friendly geometry" and does that make you back ache after riding for more than an hour
    solid ? Might do as a commuter, but I'm not so sure as a long-haul tourer. Too many of these "easy
    ride" ideas are there to encourage lardarses onto the bike in the first place, but they don't work
    so well on a long ride.

    The racks, mudguards and sensible ratios are all a welcome sight. Saves a good few quid
    fitting them too.

    Anyone know what the fork is like ?