Raleigh Twenty - sizes

The Phil

Guest
Hi all, time for my first forray in to the world of the Twenty. First things
first, do these things have frame sizes like traditional bikes i.e. seattube
length? i'm getting conflicting info, someone give me the definitive.

Thanks

The Phil wrote:
> Hi all, time for my first forray in to the world of the Twenty. First
> things first, do these things have frame sizes like traditional bikes
> i.e. seattube length? i'm getting conflicting info, someone give me
> the definitive.

I only know of two versions of the Twenty carrying the 20-inch wheel; one
with a rigid frame, and the other with a folding hinge, called the
"Stowaway". I don't think they came in "sizes", instead both bars and seat
could go up and down quite a distance, and the bars could be rotated a bit
around the clamp increasing the reach.

I'm sure there were lots of colours, though my memory is all of a blue-green
one our family owned; it had a front hub dynamo and a Sturmey 3-speed hub.

I believe there was briefly a smaller model with an 18inch wheel, but I
can't remember seeing one.

There are various other small wheeled bikes made by Raleigh in the 1960's
and 70's. Significant ones I can think of are:
RSW-16
Moulton (Mk3 made by Raleigh, under license from Alex Moulton).

- Nigel

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/