Ramp

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Super Otaku, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Super Otaku

Super Otaku New Member

About last month, I posted a message on how to dirt jump(or something else, I don't remember). They said something about building a ramp. I can't build a ramp so I give up.

On Good Friday I went off riding in a park(wow, the weather is so nice), then I found a dirt ramp build by someone. Without hesitation, I speed up and ride towards the ramp. Unfortunately, instead of jumping off the ramp, the front dropped and I fell flat on my chest:eek: (because I thought speeding up my bike could let me jump).

So if speeding up your bike doesn't help, this means that if you jump off any ramp you have to sort of bunny hop off the ramp?:confused:

Tags:

2. Duckwah

Duckwah New Member

yes you need to at least get the front of the bike up to stop the nose dive.

I think you might need to get a book on MTB technique and study it before you hurt yourself!!

3. Super Otaku

Super Otaku New Member

Woow....you're a pro.:cool:

Alright. I'll find one at my nearest bookstore.

4. Greg-O

Greg-O New Member

approach the jump with a moderate speed that you're comfortable with. stop pedaling about 10-15 feet before the jump, heading straight at it. as you shoot up the jump, pull up on the bars. be prepared to fall a few times, but after a while it'll click.
    and don't worry about falling on your first try, we all fall :cool:

5. asevereid

asevereid New Member

Approach with just a little (very little) more speed than you think you'll need to clear the distance, pre load your body (apply downward/forward pressure going into the jump), pull up the handlebars, suck up the rear end, spot your landing, ALWAYS SPOT YOUR LANDING, then if landing flat try to touch rear tire down first, if into transition land into it.

6. J1S

J1S New Member

The more speed you have the less you need to pull up. Going off a ramp very slowly is a BAD idea.