random shifting (105 shifter who knows what 9speed cassette)

I have a 3y.o. 105/tiagra specialized allez and recently the bike
started to shift by itself on
the rear sproket (in the top gear). is fixing this a straighforward
diy project?

On 2007-11-19, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have a 3y.o. 105/tiagra specialized allez and recently the bike
> started to shift by itself on
> the rear sproket (in the top gear). is fixing this a straighforward
> diy project?

If you've never changed the cassette or chain in this period you
probable need a new cassette and chain. you can do this yourself but
unless you've got the tools already it'd almost be cheaper to get your
LBS to do it for you

Book the bike in for a service at the same time, it probably needs it
and most LBS' charge less labour if you get two things done at the one
visit.

Cheers

Joel
--
Human Powered Cycles | High quality servicing and repairs
[email protected] | Affordable second hand bikes