random

routebeer wrote:

> "gym.gravity" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > did they use a random number finding program to come up with this one?
> >
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2005/jul05/jul02news2
> >

> I wonder if it would be considered blood doping if he stored some of his
> blood to replace what they take for testing. It CAN NOT help to have blood
> removed before an event like the TdF.

How long does it take for results to be made public?

It usually takes a while. Most riders it will take some months. I'm
guess these will be quick. But then again we don't know the "true"
reasons for the test.
I would guess we probably won't know until end of or even after the
Tour.
But as I say... there are a lot of variables here.

Side Note: the amount of blood they remover for testing is very small,
within 24 hours his blood will be replaced, however, the amounts taken
are SO small, it doesn't really make any difference.

On 1 Jul 2005 11:58:44 -0700, gym.gravity wrote:
> did they use a random number finding program to come up with this one?

The random element is not necessarily limited to which rider, it could
also be the timing of the test.

--
Firefox Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> On 1 Jul 2005 11:58:44 -0700, gym.gravity wrote:
> > did they use a random number finding program to come up with this one?

> The random element is not necessarily limited to which rider, it could
> also be the timing of the test.
>
> --
> Firefox Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/
> Thunderbird E-mail and Newsgroups - http://gettbird.com/

If the tests where at a "random time" as you suggest, shouldn't you
know this for certain? Why are guessing?

Just curious.

ray

On 2 Jul 2005 21:37:50 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>> The random element is not necessarily limited to which rider, it
>> could also be the timing of the test.

> If the tests where at a "random time" as you suggest, shouldn't you
> know this for certain? Why are guessing?

I'm suggesting it *could* be. I like speculation and coming up with
creative alternatives. Never assume.

I can't say anything until I know it for certain?! That's dumb.

--
Firefox Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

"DepartFictif" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It usually takes a while. Most riders it will take some months. I'm
> guess these will be quick. But then again we don't know the "true"
> reasons for the test.
> I would guess we probably won't know until end of or even after the
> Tour.
> But as I say... there are a lot of variables here.
>
> Side Note: the amount of blood they remover for testing is very small,
> within 24 hours his blood will be replaced, however, the amounts taken
> are SO small, it doesn't really make any difference.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought to perform the test that brought down
Hamilton, a vail of blood is needed. That's not a great deal of blood but
it sure won't be replaced in 24 hours!