range slow cooker with copper pot

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Thomas Reat, Jan 24, 2004.

  1. Thomas Reat

    Thomas Reat Guest

    Can a range (gas, on the lowest setting where the flame stays lit) be used as a slow cooker with a
    good, copper pot? Or will food still burn?

    Tags:

  2. On 24 Jan 2004 20:06:17 -0800, [email protected] (Thomas Reat) wrote:

    >Can a range (gas, on the lowest setting where the flame stays lit) be used as a slow cooker with a
    >good, copper pot? Or will food still burn?

    If the pan is thick enough it can. I braise lamb shanks and the like in a Calphaolon saute pan, with
    its extremely well-fitted glass lid. They can sit for as long as I want on low flame in their own
    juices, without ever adding liquid.

    Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

    "Wanting to meet a writer because you like his work is like wanting to meet a duck because you like
    pate." Margaret Atwood

  3. Fran

    Fran Guest

    "Thomas Reat" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > Can a range (gas, on the lowest setting where the flame stays lit) be used as a slow cooker with a
    > good, copper pot? Or will food still burn?

    I will be that it will still burn. Use the oven on the slowest setting and use a lid on whatevery
    you are cooking.