Rans Force 5LE vs. Bachetta Strada

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by franksapper, Mar 16, 2004.

  1. franksapper

    franksapper New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2003
    Is there anyone out there yet that has been on the new Rans Force 5 LE?? I am wanting to purchase a high wheel racer this spring

    I will have an opportunity to get on a Stada because the dealer has two used ones onthe floor.

    My problem is that the dealer will not have a Rans Force 5 in stock. Is there any creative way of working with a dealer to try to get them to order a bike for their shop?

    I know that I will be purchasing a bike this spring, but I want to get every opportunity to try out the new Rans.

    I just dont know how dealers work it when they have to keep inventory on the floor.

    thanks for any info.

    frank.

    Tags:

  2. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    franksapper wrote:

    > Is there anyone out there yet that has been on the new
    > Rans Force 5 LE?? I am wanting to purchase a high wheel
    > racer this spring
    >
    > I will have an opportunity to get on a Stada because the
    > dealer has two used ones onthe floor.
    >
    > My problem is that the dealer will not have a Rans Force 5
    > in stock. Is there any creative way of working with a
    > dealer to try to get them to order a bike for their shop?
    >
    > I know that I will be purchasing a bike this spring, but I
    > want to get every opportunity to try out the new Rans.
    >
    > I just dont know how dealers work it when they have to
    > keep inventory on the floor.
    >
    > thanks for any info.

    I think that the RANS Force 5 LE versus the Bacchetta Strada
    would be a better comparison.

  3. Bryan Ball

    Bryan Ball Guest

    I THINK that the LE isn't out yet. It uses a different fork
    than the XP and I think that the XP is the only available
    right now. That said... Might be better to wait a couple of
    weeks. I think there are only a handful of XP's in
    customer's hands right now but demand is high so that will
    change soon.

    "franksapper" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > Is there anyone out there yet that has been on the new
    > Rans Force 5 LE?? I am wanting to purchase a high wheel
    > racer this spring
    >
    > I will have an opportunity to get on a Stada because the
    > dealer has two used ones onthe floor.
    >
    > My problem is that the dealer will not have a Rans Force 5
    > in stock. Is there any creative way of working with a
    > dealer to try to get them to order a bike for their shop?
    >
    > I know that I will be purchasing a bike this spring, but I
    > want to get every opportunity to try out the new Rans.
    >
    > I just dont know how dealers work it when they have to
    > keep inventory on the floor.
    >
    > thanks for any info.
    >
    > frank.
    >

    > --

    ---
    virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.622 /
    Virus Database: 400 - Release Date: 3/14/2004

  4. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Bryan Ball wrote:

    > I THINK that the LE isn't out yet. It uses a different
    > fork than the XP and I think that the XP is the only
    > available right now. That said... Might be better to wait
    > a couple of weeks. I think there are only a handful of
    > XP's in customer's hands right now but demand is high so
    > that will change soon.

    I hope that the "Rush Red" [1] looks better in real life
    than on my computer monitor. [2] RANS should use the
    metallic "Ice Red" from the 1999-2000 Rocket, IMO.

    [1] Wouldn't this color be more appropriate on Easy Racers
    6061 aluminium alloy frame bicycle? ;)
    [2] <http://www.ransbikes.com/2004Bikes/Force5.htm>.

  5. Mjb

    Mjb Guest

    Both the Rans and Bacchetta dealers in my area have given me
    the opportunity to spend plenty of time on both bikes. I
    rode the Force 5 LX with the stock Rans seat and the Strada.
    Both are very nice bikes. The riding position and the
    ability to adjust it are different. I would not throw down
    the $ until I had some time on both bikes. You cant tell
    much about a bike riding in circles in a parking lot. Good
    luck. Vole offers a nice bike too, and offers a nice program
    for test riding it.

  6. Timh

    Timh Guest

    99.999% of the readers here don't have the opportunity you
    have mjb - how 'bout throwing us a few bones with more
    analysis and comparison of the two bikes since you've
    "spent plenty of time on both bikes"?

    Jeez, no offense, but I could've written your response
    without ever having ridden them.

    "mjb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Both the Rans and Bacchetta dealers in my area have
    > given me the
    opportunity
    > to spend plenty of time on both bikes. I rode the Force 5
    > LX with the
    stock
    > Rans seat and the Strada. Both are very nice bikes. The
    > riding position and the ability to adjust it are
    > different. I would not throw down the $ until I had some
    > time on both bikes. You cant tell much about a bike
    riding
    > in circles in a parking lot. Good luck. Vole offers a nice
    > bike too, and offers a nice program for test riding it.

  7. Mjb

    Mjb Guest

    If I didnt have the opportunity to spend some quality time
    on a $1500 to $2000 bike I wouldnt buy it. There are many
    ways one could do this. I would drive to the nearest bike
    shop and get a hotel if I had to. Another option; 100% of
    those interested in purchasing a bike can ride a Volae for a
    week and have the option to send it back and only be charged
    a restocking fee (no shipping fees).

    For me the seat on the Bacchetta, the "twneer bars" and the
    ability to adjust them was the reason I bought the Strada.
    The ability to adjust (tilt) the stem allowed me to ride in
    a more reclined and confortable position on the Strada. My
    arms might be about an inch shorter than "normal" which made
    the adjustment of the riding position on the Force 5 very
    limited. The seat on the Strada is the most comfortable seat
    I have ever been on. I didnt like the new Rans seat or the
    M-5 seat. Both bikes were stable and fast. The Force 5 had
    the 650 wheels which gave it a speed advantage. The Strada
    will take the 650 wheels if one later decides to upgrade.
    The ride on the Force 5 is a little stiffer but probably no
    different than other rans frames and not as stiff as a P-38.
    As the Force 5 gets into the hands of riders I believe Rans
    will make some tweaks as they learn more about the bike.
    Which is what Bacchetta and Volae have done and continue to
    do. I look more for confort than speed and the Strada gives
    me plenty of both.