Rans Force 5LE vs. Bachetta Strada

franksapper

New Member
Jul 28, 2003
Is there anyone out there yet that has been on the new Rans Force 5 LE?? I am wanting to purchase a high wheel racer this spring

I will have an opportunity to get on a Stada because the dealer has two used ones onthe floor.

My problem is that the dealer will not have a Rans Force 5 in stock. Is there any creative way of working with a dealer to try to get them to order a bike for their shop?

I know that I will be purchasing a bike this spring, but I want to get every opportunity to try out the new Rans.

I just dont know how dealers work it when they have to keep inventory on the floor.

thanks for any info.

frank.

franksapper wrote:

> Is there anyone out there yet that has been on the new
> Rans Force 5 LE?? I am wanting to purchase a high wheel
> racer this spring
>
> I will have an opportunity to get on a Stada because the
> dealer has two used ones onthe floor.
>
> My problem is that the dealer will not have a Rans Force 5
> in stock. Is there any creative way of working with a
> dealer to try to get them to order a bike for their shop?
>
> I know that I will be purchasing a bike this spring, but I
> want to get every opportunity to try out the new Rans.
>
> I just dont know how dealers work it when they have to
> keep inventory on the floor.
>
> thanks for any info.

I think that the RANS Force 5 LE versus the Bacchetta Strada
would be a better comparison.

I THINK that the LE isn't out yet. It uses a different fork
than the XP and I think that the XP is the only available
right now. That said... Might be better to wait a couple of
weeks. I think there are only a handful of XP's in
customer's hands right now but demand is high so that will
change soon.

"franksapper" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Is there anyone out there yet that has been on the new
> Rans Force 5 LE?? I am wanting to purchase a high wheel
> racer this spring
>
> I will have an opportunity to get on a Stada because the
> dealer has two used ones onthe floor.
>
> My problem is that the dealer will not have a Rans Force 5
> in stock. Is there any creative way of working with a
> dealer to try to get them to order a bike for their shop?
>
> I know that I will be purchasing a bike this spring, but I
> want to get every opportunity to try out the new Rans.
>
> I just dont know how dealers work it when they have to
> keep inventory on the floor.
>
> thanks for any info.
>
> frank.
>

> --

---
virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.622 /
Virus Database: 400 - Release Date: 3/14/2004

Bryan Ball wrote:

> I THINK that the LE isn't out yet. It uses a different
> fork than the XP and I think that the XP is the only
> available right now. That said... Might be better to wait
> a couple of weeks. I think there are only a handful of
> XP's in customer's hands right now but demand is high so
> that will change soon.

I hope that the "Rush Red" [1] looks better in real life
than on my computer monitor. [2] RANS should use the
metallic "Ice Red" from the 1999-2000 Rocket, IMO.

[1] Wouldn't this color be more appropriate on Easy Racers
6061 aluminium alloy frame bicycle? ;)
[2] <http://www.ransbikes.com/2004Bikes/Force5.htm>.

Both the Rans and Bacchetta dealers in my area have given me
the opportunity to spend plenty of time on both bikes. I
rode the Force 5 LX with the stock Rans seat and the Strada.
Both are very nice bikes. The riding position and the
ability to adjust it are different. I would not throw down
the $ until I had some time on both bikes. You cant tell
much about a bike riding in circles in a parking lot. Good
luck. Vole offers a nice bike too, and offers a nice program
for test riding it.

99.999% of the readers here don't have the opportunity you
have mjb - how 'bout throwing us a few bones with more
analysis and comparison of the two bikes since you've
"spent plenty of time on both bikes"?

Jeez, no offense, but I could've written your response
without ever having ridden them.

"mjb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Both the Rans and Bacchetta dealers in my area have
> given me the
opportunity
> to spend plenty of time on both bikes. I rode the Force 5
> LX with the
stock
> Rans seat and the Strada. Both are very nice bikes. The
> riding position and the ability to adjust it are
> different. I would not throw down the $ until I had some
> time on both bikes. You cant tell much about a bike
riding
> in circles in a parking lot. Good luck. Vole offers a nice
> bike too, and offers a nice program for test riding it.

If I didnt have the opportunity to spend some quality time
on a $1500 to $2000 bike I wouldnt buy it. There are many
ways one could do this. I would drive to the nearest bike
shop and get a hotel if I had to. Another option; 100% of
those interested in purchasing a bike can ride a Volae for a
week and have the option to send it back and only be charged
a restocking fee (no shipping fees).

For me the seat on the Bacchetta, the "twneer bars" and the
ability to adjust them was the reason I bought the Strada.
The ability to adjust (tilt) the stem allowed me to ride in
a more reclined and confortable position on the Strada. My
arms might be about an inch shorter than "normal" which made
the adjustment of the riding position on the Force 5 very
limited. The seat on the Strada is the most comfortable seat
I have ever been on. I didnt like the new Rans seat or the
M-5 seat. Both bikes were stable and fast. The Force 5 had
the 650 wheels which gave it a speed advantage. The Strada
will take the 650 wheels if one later decides to upgrade.
The ride on the Force 5 is a little stiffer but probably no
different than other rans frames and not as stiff as a P-38.
As the Force 5 gets into the hands of riders I believe Rans
will make some tweaks as they learn more about the bike.
Which is what Bacchetta and Volae have done and continue to
do. I look more for confort than speed and the Strada gives
me plenty of both.