RANS Nimbus on ebay

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Joshua Goldberg, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. I suppose most here check out ebay, but for those who do not (like Moi). I noticed last evening a 96
    Red RANS Nimbus LWB with the Black canvas fairing...current bid was $1.00. Obviously/Hopefully the
    bids will climb, but bid One @ only $1.00 seems kinda insulting to the seller and to RANS....suppose
    the bid has to begin somewhere. I'm going to follow that sale and see where it goes. It would make a
    good 1st bent for someone.

    Tags:

  2. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
  3. Skip

    Skip Guest

    > I suppose most here check out ebay, but for those who do not (like Moi). I noticed last evening a
    > 96 Red RANS Nimbus LWB with the Black canvas fairing...current bid was $1.00. Obviously/Hopefully
    > the bids will climb, but bid One @ only $1.00 seems kinda insulting to the seller and to
    > RANS....suppose the bid has to begin somewhere. I'm going to follow that sale and see where it
    > goes. It would make a good 1st bent for someone.

    The Nimbus looks like a nice one with an upgraded mesh back seat (can you remember the Rans [Tom's
    back but he's in the flame pit dealing with the lies of war] fiberglass bucket seat?). The Nimbus
    was supposed to be a little slower but more user friendly than the Stratus. My guess is that it will
    sell between $750 and $800. Sold new way back when for $995. I started to buy one back then but went
    with a Ryan instead. I'm not worried about Rans being insulted by the price, Joshua.

    That goofy trike is back and you can buy it now for $279 if you are of a mind to. Also note worthy
    is a simi low end row bike for a $699 buy it now.

    skip

  4. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    skip wrote:

    > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I suppose most here check out ebay, but for those who do not (like Moi). I noticed last evening
    > > a 96 Red RANS Nimbus LWB with the Black canvas fairing...current bid was $1.00.
    > > Obviously/Hopefully the bids will climb, but bid One @ only $1.00 seems kinda insulting to the
    > > seller and to RANS....suppose the bid has to begin somewhere. I'm going to follow that sale and
    > > see where it goes. It would make a good 1st bent for someone.
    > >
    > The Nimbus looks like a nice one with an upgraded mesh back seat (can you remember the Rans [Tom's
    > back but he's in the flame pit dealing with the lies of war] fiberglass bucket seat?). The Nimbus
    > was supposed to be a little slower but more user friendly than the Stratus. My guess is that it
    > will sell between $750 and $800. Sold new way back when for $995. I started to buy one back then
    > but went with a Ryan instead. I'm not worried about Rans being insulted by the price, Joshua.
    >
    > That goofy trike is back and you can buy it now for $279 if you are of a mind to. Also note worthy
    > is a simi low end row bike for a $699 buy it now.
    >
    > skip

    Nimbus clouds are higher than stratus clouds, and the RANS (not "Rans") Nimbus is basically a RANS
    Stratus with the frame altered to raise the seat height.

  5. Skip

    Skip Guest

    > skip wrote:
    > >
    > > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > I suppose most here check out ebay, but for those who do not (like
    Moi). I
    > > > noticed last evening a 96 Red RANS Nimbus LWB with the Black canvas fairing...current bid was
    > > > $1.00. Obviously/Hopefully the bids will
    climb,
    > > > but bid One @ only $1.00 seems kinda insulting to the seller and to RANS....suppose the bid
    > > > has to begin somewhere. I'm going to follow
    that
    > > > sale and see where it goes. It would make a good 1st bent for someone.
    > > >
    > > The Nimbus looks like a nice one with an upgraded mesh back seat (can
    you
    > > remember the Rans [Tom's back but he's in the flame pit dealing with the lies of war] fiberglass
    > > bucket seat?). The Nimbus was supposed to be a little slower but more user friendly than the
    > > Stratus. My guess is that
    it
    > > will sell between $750 and $800. Sold new way back when for $995. I
    started
    > > to buy one back then but went with a Ryan instead. I'm not worried
    about
    > > Rans being insulted by the price, Joshua.
    > >
    > > That goofy trike is back and you can buy it now for $279 if you are of a mind to. Also note
    > > worthy is a simi low end row bike for a $699 buy it
    now.

    > > skip
    >
    > Nimbus clouds are higher than stratus clouds, and the RANS (not "Rans") Nimbus is basically a RANS
    > Stratus with the frame altered to raise the seat height.

    Nailed again. oh well. Anyway I think the Nimbus may also be a tad shorter than the Stratus. Please
    correct me if I'm wrong Tom.

    skip

  6. Bentbiker

    Bentbiker Guest

    i've dealt with the person who is selling that Nimbus, he's honest and upright, and would give good
    info on the bike, FWIW.

    Joshua Goldberg wrote:
    > I suppose most here check out ebay, but for those who do not (like Moi). I noticed last evening a
    > 96 Red RANS Nimbus LWB with the Black canvas fairing...current bid was $1.00. Obviously/Hopefully
    > the bids will climb, but bid One @ only $1.00 seems kinda insulting to the seller and to
    > RANS....suppose the bid has to begin somewhere. I'm going to follow that sale and see where it
    > goes. It would make a good 1st bent for someone.

  7. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    bentbiker wrote:

    > i've dealt with the person who is selling that Nimbus, he's honest and upright...

    Being upright is not usually considered a positive attribute on this newsgroup. ;)